PDA

View Full Version : Incarnum Combat Class, Just an Idea, but Need Some Feedback

wayfare
2010-12-08, 09:19 PM
I have an idea for an incarnum class that would mirror the fighter feat progression, but that would not get soulmelds. Maybe a class feature or two, something to invest essentia in to enhance combat abilities.

Any ideas as to how i can balance this idea out?

FishAreWet
2010-12-08, 10:40 PM
I don't think it can be done. The Fighter isn't balanced and adding scaling numbers to Weapon Focus or Power Attack won't change that.

Why are you against Soulmelds?

wayfare
2010-12-08, 10:52 PM
I don't think it can be done. The Fighter isn't balanced and adding scaling numbers to Weapon Focus or Power Attack won't change that.

Why are you against Soulmelds?

Wow, I can't believe that I forgot the prime feature:

When I say it mirrors the fighters feat progression, I mean that it would gain access to Incarnum Feats as bonus feats.

Feats with the incarnum subtype can have essentia invested in them, functioning like soulmelds with a limited purpose. Many of them are really cool, and all of them grant you bonus essentia.

Basically, a class that capitalizes on the Incarnum feats.

As for essentia based class features, I was thinking about something like Dragon Shaman auras, save that you can customize how powerful they are.

This should be a lot more relevant now.

FishAreWet
2010-12-08, 10:55 PM
Class feature wise it needs the ability to shift Essentia around it's feats, otherwise it's just boring. You can also grant the class a lot of Essentia with little worry except dipping.

wayfare
2010-12-08, 11:01 PM
Class feature wise it needs the ability to shift Essentia around it's feats, otherwise it's just boring. You can also grant the class a lot of Essentia with little worry except dipping.

Sweet -- how does "Quickened Soul Infusion" sound?

I was thinking 10 points of essentia at level 20, but the bonus incarnum feats all add 1 point of essentia to the pool -- so potentially 10 additional points to play around with.

Question: Should I include feats that allow you to shape and bind melds as bonus feats (in case the player really wants a specific meld)?

Ziegander
2010-12-08, 11:19 PM
I think it's a great idea. In fact, I like it so much, I already did something very similar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169532) myself. :smallbiggrin:

Let me know if you want some help when you get to solid design work.

wayfare
2010-12-08, 11:22 PM
I think it's a great idea. In fact, I like it so much, I already did something very similar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169532) myself. :smallbiggrin:

Let me know if you want some help when you get to solid design work.

Thanks! Once I get down to the nuts-and -bolts, I'll give you a holler!