PDA

View Full Version : Need equipment ideas. For 98,5 gp.

Duragonburo
2010-12-09, 06:09 AM
I'm GM-ing for a new group of 9 people, and I one of them just joined. She wanted to be a dwarf druid. The group is still only level 2, so I just sent her into the dungeon last session with nothing but her magic. She needs equipment though. I gave her an oar for a weapon and a bucket for a helmet. Have I meantioned her cha 4 stat? She's been playing D&D for a long time so it's all right to have a little fun with her. What else do you recommend giving her?

Also, what do you give a monk when he's got 100 gp? He doesn't want weapons, shields or armor, and I'm not sure what basic equipment I should give him. He's always played a rogue, assassin, fighter, vampire, ghost etc. but I managed to trick him into actually showing up after I created a monk for him.

Ideas?

FelixG
2010-12-09, 06:11 AM
No clue for the druid but for the monk the answer is simple: Consumables!

give them a few vials of acid or alche fire to help with things like swarms or stuff that are week to specific energy types.

Beating things with fists is not always the best option... :smallbiggrin:

Antonok
2010-12-09, 08:29 AM
A druid played right doesn't really need any armor/weapons. a basic quarterstaff will suffice as a weapon, and a simple peice of wood with some ties will work for armor with her ironwood spell she'll get. And if she has access to Aspect of the Wolf spell, she doesn't even need those. Other then that, let her AnComp tank while she blasts stuff wit magic or buffs her animal. Could always go with the LotRs female dwarves and give her a beard since she only has a 4 cha.

As for the monk, I agree wit the consumables.

gallagher
2010-12-09, 09:45 AM
i would give them fun toys that have no real GP value... because how the heck would you price it?

i like giving my adventurers a rubber ball that bounces back to where it was dropped from every time.... SO USEFUL

i have yet to have an adventuring party that used it properly. they always use it to impress commoners