PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Prepared

Morithias
2010-12-09, 07:23 AM
I recall reading at one point about a Dungeons and Dragons class that could have two hundred gold pieces of "undefined" equipment on them at anytime.

Unfortunately I can't find the class. So can anyone tell me if this actually exists, or if I just thought of it during a psycho trip. XD

Earthwalker
2010-12-09, 07:25 AM
I think the pathfinder Chronicler in the pathfinder base book has an ability like this, it allows them to have a pool of undifined mundane items.

Morithias
2010-12-09, 08:21 AM
I think the pathfinder Chronicler in the pathfinder base book has an ability like this, it allows them to have a pool of undifined mundane items.

Thank you my good friend.

Psyx
2010-12-09, 08:36 AM
In a Dragon magazine there were some feats for 'ancient' characters. I believe one of them is similar in scope, but perhaps more generous.

FelixG
2010-12-09, 09:55 AM
I know I found pathfinder rules for standard of living where you could draw upon mundane magical items

RaveingRonin
2010-12-09, 10:25 AM
In a Dragon magazine there were some feats for 'ancient' characters. I believe one of them is similar in scope, but perhaps more generous.

This is what you're thinking of OP. It requires a baseline feat (Ancient or something) then a follow up feat called Pack Rat. You spend an hour in a bazaar or other large market place and you get to hold up to Character Level x 25 (+/-) gold pieces in un-named mundane gear. When I did this, I wound up declaring more then half of it alchemist fire, and another 1/4th was Wyrm Ditherbombs. The exact Dragon magazine number eludes me at the moment, but I'll look around for it and try to post it up later.

Psyx
2010-12-09, 10:59 AM
I don't think it even needed to be mundane. So long as the value was low, anything goes. In the example given, a potion of cure light wounds was cited.

grimbold
2010-12-09, 11:47 AM
i would like to confirm the chronicler and say that that is one of the most useful abilities ever