PDA

View Full Version : Better than Soulborn

Sir Swindle89
2010-12-09, 11:30 AM
Is there a build out there that is a better (non-totemist) Incarnum/Melee combo than the soulborn?

Fighter 2(or 4)/Incarnate x comes to my mind since soulborn don't even get soulmelds untill later in their progression any way

Cleric/Incarnate/Saphire Heirarch blows soulborn away I'm sure.

Is there a ToB/Incarnum thaeurge? because that would be sweet.

I wasnt to play a character that follows the Soulborn's archetype but, ya know, not suck azer balls

Darwin
2010-12-09, 11:34 AM
Warforged Lawful Incarnate outperforms the Soulborn by a long shot.

And yes, there is an Incarnate/ToB hybrid somewhere on the homebrew boards.

Additionally, this might interest you; http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100035

Psyren
2010-12-09, 11:50 AM
You mean without homebrew? Because that just leaves you with Incarnate.

Ironsoul Forgemaster and Sapphire Hierarch are solid Incarnate melee builds. Soul Manifester Ardent with 2x Tashalatora isn't bad either, even with the low BAB.

With homebrew, there are nice options on the boards here, like Person_Man's Soulblade/War Soul.

Zaq
2010-12-09, 06:01 PM
Honestly, straight Incarnate will get the job done. Law or Evil for best results. Just take Shape Soulmeld to poach a couple melds off of the Soulborn list if you really want something specific (I won't lie, Thunderstep Boots are awesome, and Mauling Gauntlets can make you a really scary tripper), or stick with what you get in-class. It's plenty.

Draz74
2010-12-09, 08:55 PM
Azurin Crusader with Incarnum feats. :smalltongue: