PDA

View Full Version : [4E] The Most Powerful Undead Villians

DragonBaneDM
2010-12-09, 03:25 PM
Heya playground. Hope you're ready for a nice long holiday.

Planning longterm for an Undead sequel to the Dragon campaign I'm finishing up over winter break.

Wow, I guess I'll have to change my name. Ah well. Anyway.

The Epic Tier section of this campaign has comprised of the PCs slaying the five ancient chromatic dragons in the back of the Draconomicon in order to "upgrade" their Dragonbane Seals. There was one seal per type of chromatic dragon, I changed Nefermandias to a blue, and it worked!

Similiar feature in this game, they inherit the seals from their old characters, except this time they're for slaying undead. Here's what I have planned so far:

Blue: Lichbane Seal. Slay a Acemerak's skull to upgrade it. Debating the Bronze Lich.
Red: Bloodbane Seal. Slay Count Von Zarovich.
Black: Wraithbane. Slay Kyuss. (Not a perfect candidate, I know. But it's what I have to work with stats wise)
Green: Deathbane. The Paladin's father from the old campaign has become an extremely powerful Death Knight by now.
White: Ghostbane. No clue on this one. Maybe an old archmage from the campaign, but I hate reusing NPCs so badly.

Any thoughts? Are there any other archetypical ghosts, wraiths, or death knights that you guys know of? If so, are there stats for 4e, and if not, what were some of their key features they had in their addition that I could translate into 4e?

Meta
2010-12-09, 03:52 PM
Heya playground. Hope you're ready for a nice long holiday.

Planning longterm for an Undead sequel to the Dragon campaign I'm finishing up over winter break.

Wow, I guess I'll have to change my name. Ah well. Anyway.

The Epic Tier section of this campaign has comprised of the PCs slaying the five ancient chromatic dragons in the back of the Draconomicon in order to "upgrade" their Dragonbane Seals. There was one seal per type of chromatic dragon, I changed Nefermandias to a blue, and it worked!

Similiar feature in this game, they inherit the seals from their old characters, except this time they're for slaying undead. Here's what I have planned so far:

Blue: Lichbane Seal. Slay a Acemerak's skull to upgrade it. Debating the Bronze Lich.
Red: Bloodbane Seal. Slay Count Von Zarovich.
Black: Wraithbane. Slay Kyuss. (Not a perfect candidate, I know. But it's what I have to work with stats wise)
Green: Deathbane. The Paladin's father from the old campaign has become an extremely powerful Death Knight by now.
White: Ghostbane. No clue on this one. Maybe an old archmage from the campaign, but I hate reusing NPCs so badly.

Any thoughts? Are there any other archetypical ghosts, wraiths, or death knights that you guys know of? If so, are there stats for 4e, and if not, what were some of their key features they had in their addition that I could translate into 4e?

Kas would be good. I suppose Vecna but he's very high level. For the lulz take a rust monster nightmare and use an undead temlplate

DragonBaneDM
2010-12-09, 04:02 PM
Kas would be good. I suppose Vecna but he's very high level. For the lulz take a rust monster nightmare and use an undead temlplate

Vecna's final boss bubby.

Mando Knight
2010-12-09, 04:06 PM
Vecna's final boss bubby.

Only thing he could be. Though he is beat by Revenants, given that they can count themselves as undead for his aura, healing 50 HP every turn. Alternatively, Vecna riding Dracolich Tiamat.

Meta
2010-12-09, 05:28 PM
Only thing he could be. Though he is beat by Revenants, given that they can count themselves as undead for his aura, healing 50 HP every turn. Alternatively, Vecna riding Dracolich Tiamat.

Not unless it's a party. He ignores the revenant till the rest are dead and then turns his aura off. An annoyance but hardly his bane.

And yea, I assumed given your liking of vecna but figured it could have been missed. I'd def do kas then, maybe even offer the hand/eye/sword combo :smallwink:

Mando Knight
2010-12-09, 05:59 PM
That's true. If you have Vecna, you almost have to have Kas. And then get utterly destroyed by Vecna because back at first level you gave the pie to the bird rather than the dog.