PDA

View Full Version : Conversation reconstruction 764: Haley & Elan

Blas_de_Lezo
2010-12-09, 04:12 PM
Looking at their facial and body expresions, I think the conversation can be reconstructed. Let's see who approaches the most. :smallamused:

Panel 1:

Elan: Haley! Haley!
Haley: [...]

Panel 2:
Elan: You were right! I'm so sorry, he's mean and bad, and---
Haley: Calm down Elan, take a deep breath and start again.

Panel 3:
Elan: You were right about my fahter! He's evil!

Panel 4:
Elan: He just burnt at the stake some slaves for fun! I... I tried to stop him but he's more skilled than me...
Haley: Damn you Tarquin!

Panel 5:
Elan:He enjoys being evil Haley. I think he has a plan. He didn't kill me because I'm part of his plan, but I don't know what he expects from the rest of you.
Haley: Roy!! If Tarquin can't be trusted anymore, we have to break Roy out of prison, let's go!!

Cen
2010-12-09, 04:14 PM
Let's see who approaches the most. :smallamused:

Panel 1:

Panel 2:
E: You were right! I'm so sorry, he's mean and bad, and---
H: Calm down Elan, take a deep breath and start again.

Panel 3:
E: You were right about my fahter! He's evil!
H: [...]

Panel 4:
E: He just burnt at the stake some slaves for fun! I... I tried to stop him but he's more skilled than me...
H: Damn you Tarquin!

Panel 5:
E:He enjoys being evil Haley. I think he has a plan. He didn't kill me because I'm part of his plan, but I don't know what he expects from the rest of you.
H: Roy!! If Tarquin can't be trusted anymore, we have to break Roy out of prison, let's go!!

Kind of that but I think panel 5 is about Haley's dad

Morquard
2010-12-09, 04:48 PM
Kind of that but I think panel 5 is about Haley's dad

Possible, but aside from the fact that this is the same place there's not much Elan knows. So they're probably try to break Roy out. Haley will stand guard outside while Elan goes in. Ian and Geoff recognize Elan for what he is (Tarquin's son) and think its a good idea to take him hostage.

Or they were talking about Ian in that last panel, but then its most likely they're going to confront Tarquin again together.

Well, time will tell

Bulzeeb
2010-12-09, 05:22 PM
Malak's conversation with Durkon and V implies that some amount of time is spent between each panel starting with panel 3 and ending with panel 7. So Elan probably spent enough time to both explain the slaves and the big secret.

The Pilgrim
2010-12-09, 08:21 PM
All right up to panel 5. In that panel, Elan is pointing at Haley, and Haley looks shocked.

Both signs can mean no other thing than Elan has told Haley his dad is keeping her's captive.

So chances are good Haley is going straight to confront Tarquin, to allow him show some more of his disdain towards women.

Demonicbunny
2010-12-09, 08:46 PM
All right up to panel 5. In that panel, Elan is pointing at Haley, and Haley looks shocked.

Both signs can mean no other thing than Elan has told Haley his dad is keeping her's captive.

So chances are good Haley is going straight to confront Tarquin, to allow him show some more of his disdain towards women.

Haley..."confront"?
Haley doesn't do confrontation very well. Unless it involves sneakattacking someone who just got out of the shower.
Although if they do, it will be interesting to see if Tarquin can fence, pun AND avoid getting backstabbed at the same time.

My bet though is that they're off to do what the Order always does when it needs information. They're off to pressure a kobold into handing out more information than he'd like to part with (concerning the whereabouts of a certain prisoner). In this case though the Kobold is a bureaucrat and not an Oracle.

Red XIV
2010-12-09, 09:53 PM
My bet though is that they're off to do what the Order always does when it needs information. They're off to pressure a kobold into handing out more information than he'd like to part with (concerning the whereabouts of a certain prisoner). In this case though the Kobold is a bureaucrat and not an Oracle.
The problem is that dangling a winged kobold out a window isn't a particularly impressive threat.

Deliverance
2010-12-09, 10:00 PM
Panel 1:

Panel 2:
Haley: Calm down honey. Don't strain your brain. Take a deep breath and remember your bardic breathing exercises.
Elan: It is terrible! Unbelievable! Horrid!

Panel 3:
Elan: My father has have terrible plans. He wants us to tell the best story ever!

Panel 4:
Elan: With me as the hero and himself as the villain, a three-part epic to thrill the ages!
Haley: Baby, sometimes you drive me mad. GET TO THE POINT!

Panel 5:
Elan: He is a consummate character actor and lives the role he has assigned himself! He is bad. He is a meanie! He wants me to be the one to kill him, and you know what the conventions of drama say about patricide. We fought a dramatic rooftop duel and I begged him to kill me but he refused! Don't you realize what that means, Haley? It means he is a magnificent bastard! - but what does that make me. What am I to do?

Haley: That is terrible! What an awful way to treat you. I knew he was no good from the moment he praised my perky eyes. Follow me! I am going to give him a piece of my mind!

The MunchKING
2010-12-10, 02:39 AM
Haley..."confront"?
Haley doesn't do confrontation very well. Unless it involves sneakattacking someone who just got out of the shower.

Sheesh, she murders ONE girl after she gets out of the shower, and it undoes a whole rest of the comic being willing to charge forward and shoot things with arrows.

Demonicbunny
2010-12-10, 03:38 AM
The problem is that dangling a winged kobold out a window isn't a particularly impressive threat.

But dangling a kobold out of a window is just one of so many inventive methods to threaten kobolds.

MoonCat
2010-12-12, 04:39 PM
Panel 1:

Panel 2:
Elan: Haley! You're right! I'm sorry! He IS evil! Hale!y
Haley: Elan, you're gibbering, what's the matter?

Panel 3:
Elan: My dad! He's up there! And he's saying I should kill him! And he's evil!

Panel 4:
Elan: He set these slaves that escaped on fire![Elan doesn't know Haley set them free] To spell my name! They're on fire!
Haley:

[i]Panel 5:
Elan: And your dad! My dad took him prisoner! He's somewhere in Bleedingham right now!
Haley:<gasp>

I think the next panel is Haley intending to run to confront Tarquin, but I doubt she'll find him still there.

martianmister
2010-12-12, 04:47 PM
I think he tell her everything. You can understand from Malack, V and Durkon's talk, there is some long time between panels...