PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 unarmed dmg advice

MiniMoose
2010-12-09, 04:14 PM
Hey I've recently been playing a changeling bard and I really like the RP stuff that goes with the race, but I've really been looking into the warshaper class. It doesn't really fit with where this toon is going, but I've been thinking about a new character.

Pretty much my idea is a 16 Warblade/4 Warshaper changeling. I would focus in Stone Dragon and take the TOB feat which grants you unarmed dmg based on your lvl. I was wondering if there was a specific good way to enhance unarmed attacks, giving them enchantment bonuses or the ability to overcome DR all the time. I know classes like Monk and Kensai do it, but I don't want to try to work them into this build. Thanks!

Saint GoH
2010-12-09, 04:21 PM
Technically a monster feat. Improved Natural Attack: Increases damage of Natural attack one category. Also, I believe a Monk Belt lets you add levels to yer natural damage die. Hmm.... Shou Disciple from Unapproachable East Increases natural damage to a certain degree, up to 2d6 (also lets you stack those PrC levels with Monk levels if the outcome is more favorable) which can then be increased by INA and a monk belt.

Urpriest
2010-12-09, 04:32 PM
If you're investing in Stone Dragon anyway, you'll have a bunch of maneuvers that can overcome DR, so that's not as much of an issue. I believe Shards of Granite helps in that area as well.

MiniMoose
2010-12-09, 04:36 PM
If you're investing in Stone Dragon anyway, you'll have a bunch of maneuvers that can overcome DR, so that's not as much of an issue. I believe Shards of Granite helps in that area as well.

True, although I'm worried about not being able to overcome basic DR all the time. You know, like the lvl 15 toons that have DR 12/Magic that everything should be overcoming at that point.

dsmiles
2010-12-09, 04:37 PM
I believe Shards of Granite is awesome!
FTFY. :smallbiggrin:

Seriously, though. Stone Dragon has some awesome damage, but mix in a little bit from other disciplines for variety. I'm currently playing a Large-sized Stone Dragon Warblade that specializes in unarmed attacks, and he's working out very well.

Keld Denar
2010-12-09, 05:03 PM
For most of the common DRs (Magic and Adamantine), you can get an Amulet of Natural Attacks or Amulet of Mighty Fists, Savage Species and DMG respectively for Magic, and the Ring of Adamantine Touch from the MIC for DR/Adamantine. Good aligned DR you can get with an Oil of Bless Weapon, so keep a couple of those around. That really only leaves Silver and Cold Iron as gaps. Most things that have DR Silver or Cold Iron and also be bypassed by Good, so the Oil of Bless Weapon helps there too. Very few things are JUST Silver/Cold Iron or Silver/Cold Iron plus Good. (Marilith, Balor, Cornugun, Pit Fiend are the only ones I can think of in the MM1).