PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder]Is Holy Vindicator worth it?

Lord Bingo
2010-12-09, 06:27 PM
I play a cleric in a Pathfinder campaign and I am considering going into the Holy Vindicator Prestige Class. I only do spellcasting -no melee. Is it worth falling behind on spell progression for this Prestige Class? The way I see it I can still use the Vindicators abilities for raising my AC and improving spell save DCs, and extra HP is always good. Still, about half the abilities you pay for with slower spell progression are melee oriented and I will hopefully never have any use for them.

What do you guys and gals think?

grarrrg
2010-12-09, 07:12 PM
I play a cleric in a Pathfinder campaign and I am considering going into the Holy Vindicator Prestige Class. I only do spellcasting -no melee. Is it worth falling behind on spell progression for this Prestige Class? The way I see it I can still use the Vindicators abilities for raising my AC and improving spell save DCs, and extra HP is always good. Still, about half the abilities you pay for with slower spell progression are melee oriented and I will hopefully never have any use for them.

What do you guys and gals think?

If you do it at all I say say stop at level 4. You lose only 1 caster level, and gain Vindicator's Shield, a Stigmata Bleed/Bonus of 2, and get Empowered Self healing. Divine Wrath would be good (spontaneous Doom!), except for the whole "when you confirm a Crit" thing...
After that it gets more "melee" and starts losing you more Caster Levels, and as you said you are not melee, this would be a bad thing.