PDA

View Full Version : Building something CRAZY.

NineThePuma
2010-12-09, 07:56 PM
I'm building a character for The Tower of Deadly Evil (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177337), and the thought I'm having is a Non-Psionic Thri-Kreen Unarmed Swordsage 7/Bloodclaw Master//Ranger 15, using a ToB update to ranger to give it Crusader initiating in place of spellcasting with access to Tiger Claw, Stone Dragon, Shadow Hand, and Diamond Mind.

Given the overlap between initiating, what sort of abilities are there that would be best used very frequently (from the Ranger Schools), with more situational abilities going to Swordsage?

Escheton
2010-12-10, 01:57 AM
Healing and mad dash emergency movement are more rangery.
Are you taking the full crusader maneuvers/lvl and everything or a toned down version?

NineThePuma
2010-12-10, 02:13 AM
Full crusader maneuver advancement.

I'm aware that emergency movement and healing are more rangery, but I'm treating the classes as one main class, rather than a standard gestalt, which means more situational stuff can be in the hard-to-recover Swordsage section, while more frequently used stuff is in the automatically recovering Ranger section.

Escheton
2010-12-10, 02:22 AM
Do you have a buckler? Or just full fisticuffs?
Some maneuvers are weapon/shieldbased.

NineThePuma
2010-12-10, 02:39 AM
I can -get- shields.

Note that I don't actually have Crusader's Disciplines. Instead I have Tiger Claw, Stone Dragon, Shadow Hand, and Diamond Mind.

Now that I think about it, though, it would be cool to stack Crusader on there too. *stares at it*

Escheton
2010-12-10, 02:53 AM
You do realise those are prettymuch the best disciplines right?
And having shadowhand and tigerclaw with a crusader recall mechanism might get outta hand. Then again, you did asked for something crazy, so this is prolly no low powered game.

So: "The Surge", DR overcoming strikes, Hand of Death, boosts and counters.

with your multiple attacks and stormguard warrior http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=348507 you will prolly not want strikes that are simply 1 attack. Unless that attack involves paralysis(coup the grace ftw) or throwing someone off a cliff...