PDA

View Full Version : The Extra-dimensional Magnificant Mansion

Fenric
2006-08-28, 03:20 PM
This is a permanent instance of Mordenkainen's Magnificant Mansion. It is equisitely furnished in every way, and invisible servants await your bidding.

But there is a price to be paid: time stops for you while you are in here. You can feel the stillness in your soul, the loss of any sense of time. Something tells you that to remain too long is a bad idea.

DarkHunter
2006-08-28, 03:34 PM
*Fenric and a large number of acolytes stream in. Fenric sets them to picking up all of the items that Fenric stored in the place. Krystal, here a full grown werevixen, comes up*

What's all this, daddy?

Like I told you yesterday: all of my worldly posessions are forefit to the temple. The kits were born today, so it's time to start packing.

*Fenric takes his daughter's hand*

It's almost time, sweetheart. Your new mother will take good care of you, and it won't be that long before you're yourself again.

Hoseki
2006-08-28, 03:43 PM
Valathe enters, looking around at the mansion. She starts directing a small leigon of acolytes to put the furniture and other items where she can appraise them, and take the money directly down to the vault, and mark the amouts down on this peice of paper she put on a table. Fortunately, a dwarf translates her instructions for the rest.

Deadly
2006-08-28, 03:46 PM
Ilias steps in and looks around, seemingly overwhelmed by all the things. He walks around slowly and silently, looking at various things. His expression is somehow distant.

Fenric
2006-08-28, 03:48 PM
(( Here's the first set from Fenric's last actual character sheet entries, which were not all summed up... This is just from the pre-printed sheet, there's more yet in a notebook...

1 700 gp ruby
7 50 gp diamonds
5 100 gp pearls
400 gold
10 sticks of holy incense @ 1000 gp each
Dagger +2
Scimitar +1
5 jars of holy water
Onyx Dog
Scimittar +2 Frost Brand
Oil of Timelessness
Ring of Protection +2
Wand of Fear (85)
Wand of Magic Detection (92)
Wand of Magic Missiles (80)
Wand of Illumination (24)
Quarterstaff +2

Let's play at finding some of the interesting things ))

Hoseki
2006-08-28, 03:50 PM
((What's the furniture worth?))

Ares
2006-08-28, 03:56 PM
((Scimitar +2 Frost Brand))

((Steals the weaker version of Icingdeath...))

Deadly
2006-08-28, 03:59 PM
Ilias lifts up a small dog figurine and looks it over before setting it back down with a slight sigh. From a small pouch he pull out a small handful of gems that he studies in the light of a candle.

Fenric
2006-08-28, 04:00 PM
(( Most of the furniture is part of the spell and won't come away. There's 10K or so worth that was brought in from outside

There more bags of gold:
3305, 3700, 2400
There are bags of silver
10,870 and 10,200

Sword +1, Flametongue
Shield +4
longsword +3
leather armor +3
longsword +2 "9 lives stealer", 5 uses remaining
ring of spell turning
Necklace worth 20,000
Platinum crown worth 50,000
Silver crown with black opals worth 25,000
Helm of Brilliance
ring of 3 wishes, 2 left
plate mail of etherealness
rod of resurrection ( 8 )
rod of cancellation (47)
wand of fireball (6th level, 12 charges)
49 diamonds of 500 gp each
a pouch of dust of disappearance with 12 uses
Cloak of the Bat
Axe +3 of Wounding
boots of speed
Mace of Disruption +3
Wand of Lightningbolts (6th level, 37 charges)
Bastardsword +4
A set of four dragonsbane daggers +2, triple damage vs. black, white, red, or blue dragons depending on the handle color.
6 phase potions
4 healing potions (cure critical wounds)
That's the last main page.))

Deadly
2006-08-28, 04:04 PM
Ilias looks up at a painting on the wall, still holding the gems Why do you move out? he says, obviously to Fenric but still in a distant voice as if merely thinking aloud.

Fenric
2006-08-28, 04:05 PM
(( The last page, from the very last adventure.

5 rubies of 1000 gp
1 black opal at 5000 gp
1 star sapphire of 1000 gp
a bag of 3896 gold
A medallion from a Paladin of Cormyr (oops)
1 staff of Cause Serious Wounds (24)
a winter-wolf fur cloak worth 300
A bag of red dragon teeth

And after that's all gone, Fenric is broke. ))

*Fenric sighs and turns to Ilias*

I was commanded by Myobu. It is part of the price for marrying Myobi... There are three conditions I had to fulfill.

Hoseki
2006-08-28, 04:07 PM
Valathe looks stunned as she sees the mountain of jewels and suchlike. She pulls out a collaspeble abacus and begins the worst math problem of her life.

Fenric
2006-08-28, 04:07 PM
*Fenric continues*

The first is that I basically marry Myobi, but the terms are "forever" instead of "til death do us part" - didn't mind that so much.

The second is that I surrender all of my worldly posessions to the temple. That kinda sucks, but is understandable.

The third one, though...

Kantur
2006-08-28, 04:08 PM
*Fenric continues*

The first is that I basically marry Myobi, but the terms are "forever" instead of "til death do us part" - didn't mind that so much.

The second is that I surrender all of my worldly posessions to the temple. That kinda sucks, but is understandable.

The third one, though...

((That post looks familiar...;)))

Fenric
2006-08-28, 04:10 PM
(( And well it should ;) ))

Deadly
2006-08-28, 04:11 PM
Ilias nods and puts down the gems, walking across the room. If you don't mind I would like any diamonds and emeralds, if there are any. I'll pay for them, of course. he says while studying a fine wolf-skin cloak that was hung over a large chair. He tries it on, but something seems to bother him and he puts it back. A nice one, though... he mutters.

((v Hey, I thought I said to be nice to me today ;D I've been through enough, precisely 7 hours, with a teacher whose biological volume control is severely out of order))

Fenric
2006-08-28, 04:12 PM
(( This one will look familiar, too. ^ Yep, "hung" people are hanged, items are hung. Eeeww. Ok, no more corrections. ))

For the third condition...

He basically claimed my soul: He said when I died, the next time I died, I became one of them: a celestial fox. I have lost my right to resurrections or paradise and would "work out my salvation for the rest of eternity".

And then as he left, he said "see you soon"... and I don't think he meant a friendly visit.

Hoseki
2006-08-28, 04:13 PM
((Hung, I think?))

Valathe shoos Ilias away and carefully appraises the star sapphire.

DarkHunter
*Krystal gasps*

I thought you said this goddess was good? How could one of her avatars demand such a thing for your marriage price?

*Fenric looks at his daughter*

Because Myobi is another of the avatars, Krystal.

*Krystal looks stunned*

Deadly
Ilias turns to Fenric at the last condition, looking shocked. That's... not a good sign, to say the least.

Flabbicus
2006-08-28, 04:14 PM
(( Better hope the next time you die it's scripted... ))

Fenric
2006-08-28, 04:18 PM
(( You think? :)

Seriously, though, Fenric is getting semi-retired. He'll still be at the temple, but as the new Avatar of the Knights. No more adventures for him.

I am going to start playing one of the kids, instead. Fenric has reached the point that he's a bit hard to have as my main character.

Now I'm not doing this instantly, but it's where he's headed.))

*Fenric nods*

I have accepted it. Besides, I'll still be around: just not the high priest anymore.

Flabbicus
2006-08-28, 04:20 PM
(( Run out of plot twists to throw at him? ::) ))

Kantur
2006-08-28, 04:20 PM
((When you get a spare half-hour or so, Kantur needs a hand to sort through his paranoia ;) Want the details PMed to you?

^ Heretic! Besides, Fenric still needs to get Kantur back for all the teasing and the toast...))

Fenric
2006-08-28, 04:22 PM
(( Sure, PM me. This shouldn't take too long - we'll all head off for a drink in a bit to celebrate the kits :) ))

Deadly
2006-08-28, 04:25 PM
Ilias seems to grow even more distant, almost cold I'm sorry, I need to get out a bit. I'll be at Trog's. he says before walking back out.

Fenric
2006-08-28, 04:27 PM
*Fenric nods*

No problem, Ilias. I think we're pretty close to being done.

*The acolytes busily box things up after giving a description to Valathe*

Start hauling anything she's already catalogued off to the vaults.

Hoseki
2006-08-28, 04:29 PM
Valathe works feverishly, but with a pleased, almost maniac grin on her face. She is currently appraising the heap of weapons.

Fenric
2006-08-28, 04:41 PM
(( Well, Rilik, that's true in a way. Running out of plot twists that he would be involved in directly. He the high priest with a number of subordinate priests. He has an order of church knights. Frankly, he's turning into an administrator and team leader, not a developing adventurer.

I do that in real life, I'd rather play something else. Fenric will still be there to pull miracles out of thin air from time to time so everyone can roll their eyes. And yes, there is a "to do" list to get through, first ;) ))

*Fenric watches as his old life is packed up and hauled away, and contemplates the life he is getting in exchange.*

It's worth it.

Hoseki
2006-08-28, 04:45 PM
Using the odd time of the mansion, Valathe's appraisals and mathmatical calculation seem to take almost no time, yet also hours and hours. She looks drained but satisfied at the end.

Fenric
2006-08-28, 04:49 PM
*Fenric smiles as the last box is carried out of the mansion*

{ vulpine } Ready for a drink? I think the temple can spare a round to celebrate the good news today...

Hoseki
2006-08-28, 04:51 PM
{Vulpine} "Oh, absolutely." says Valathe thirstily.

Fenric
2006-08-28, 04:53 PM
*Fenric smiles and turns to Krystal*

Time to go, sweetheart.

*Krystal nods and shifts into a fox. Fenric gently picks her up and carries her out.*

Hoseki
2006-08-28, 04:55 PM
Valathe exits, stowing her abacus and the leger.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 09:10 AM
Long unused, the doorway at last responds to the magic that compels it to appear.

The door opens onto a glittering mound of treasure, where Krystal, Exachix, Kantur, Lorrian, mirror-Lorrian and mirror-Exachix are busily searching and sifting.

Krystal enters, doding a busy invisible servant, and heads to a comfortable living room area, where she flops down on a sofa.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 09:39 AM
Exachix follows Krystal, and sits by her.

mLorrian enters and looks around.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 09:43 AM
Krystal smiles fondly as she looks around

This was my home for three hundred fourty years... give or take. The only bad part was that I essentially couldn't leave.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 09:50 AM
Exachix smiles to Krystal.

"That's a long time."

Fenric
2007-05-22, 10:03 AM
Krystal nods

It was... but Dad brought me lots of interesting toys, and I had lots of time to study... I got really good at scrying. That's when I learned to look for people's shadows instead of the people themselves: almost no one thinks to protect their shadow against scrying.

She continues to look around, somewhat slowly, drinking in the familiar surroundings.

It's certainly not quite as fancy as Aesa's realm is reputed to be, but it's nice enough.

Her gaze reaches a hallway leading off.

My room is down there...

Then she frowns suddenly

My stuff is still in my bedroom! The acolytes can't have gone in there, and I didn't get a chance to collect it. I've been so busy, I'd forgotten all about it, but Dad almost let me lose everything. He should have given me a chance to clear it out before he crushed the crystal.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 10:05 AM
Exachix smiles.

"So why the frown?"

Fenric
2007-05-22, 10:12 AM
She looks at Exachix

I could have lost everything in there forever!

Krystal gets up and runs to her bedroom

Exachix
2007-05-22, 10:12 AM
Exachix looks at her and follows.

mLorrian smiles and sits in a chair.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 10:19 AM
Krystal's room has lots of toys: stuffed animals, mechanical puzzles, blocks, and dolls. There is also a very large mirror where one might expect a window to be.

Krystal pauses at her dressing table and picks up a picture in a frame, which she holds sadly without really looking at. Then she heads to the mirror.

Dad

The mirror quickly shifts to show Fenric standing in the temple glowering at the insistant shadowy cat.

Dad hates cats.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 10:22 AM
Exachix look around at the room, at the picture, then looks at the Mirror.

"Why does he not like cats?"

[First room place]

mLorrian looks around at the room, wondering if there is a libary here.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 10:25 AM
[Krystal's Room]

The picture is a young and rather pretty elf woman whom Krystal resembles.

Krystal shrugs in response to the question

I think they make him itchy

[Everywhere Else]

There isn't anything to see: the temple acolytes cleaned the place out of everything that isn't part of the spell. There is a place where a library used to be, though.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 10:27 AM
Exachix smiles to the picture then smiles to the mirror.

"Ah."

[Everywhere else]

mLorrian goes into that room and looks around.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 10:35 AM
[Krystal's Room]

Krystal can't help but giggle at the antics of Myobu and Atreyu.

[Not Krystal's Room]

Dusty, empty shelves line the room. There are two desks with chairs, and a small sofa-arrangement around a fireplace.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 10:36 AM
[Krystal's Room]

Exachix chuckles.

"Ah well."

He looks at the picture again and then looks around the room.

[Not Krystal's Room]

mLorrian sits in a sofa and smiles faintly.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 10:45 AM
[Krystal's room]

Exachix can see a shelf of books that look unmistakably like diaries; A glass jar with many coins, no two of which are alike; A few more pictures, including Fenric, Zak, Ran, and Ferdar sr.; Some of Krystal's older spellboooks; a small assortment of minor magical items... that sort of thing.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 10:48 AM
[Krys' Room]

Exachix and continues to look around, being a good boy and not touching the diaries, looking at the pictures.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 11:07 AM
Krystal continues to watch and giggle softly. It is apparent that she has spent many an hour standing or sitting in front of this mirror just like this.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 11:10 AM
Exachix smiles and shifts to fox form.

It now becomes apparent that his right ear is slightly burnt, to the point that about half has, seemingly, been chopped off the top. Exachix hasn't noticed yet, and he trots over and smiles up at her.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 11:28 AM
Krystal looks down and abruptly stops laughing

Oh my! What happened to you ear, darling?

Exachix
2007-05-22, 11:29 AM
Fox-Exachix looks up.

"I don't know. I can't see it."

Fenric
2007-05-22, 11:56 AM
Krystal grimaces

It's been burnt... about half isn't even there anymore.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 11:59 AM
Fox-Exy sighs.

"I didn't even feel it.."

He looks up at her.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 12:05 PM
Krystal picks Exachix up and holds him

You are adorable, but you can be quite a silly sometime.

She scowls at the mirror, as it shows Fenric rather by himself.

Distracted me. Find Inuk

The mirror shifts to a misty grey scene somewhere on the Astral plane.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 12:06 PM
Exachix doesn't know if that was a compliment or an insult, so takes it at the first and smiles, watching the mirror.

"I'm sorry..."

Fenric
2007-05-22, 12:15 PM
Krystal pulls a face

Big demon. And of course he starts off with Dimensional Lock. Everybody always does that to me. Dad did that to me when they all went off to fight mirror-Arslan. It is so irritating.

She pets Exachix absentmindedly

Exachix
2007-05-22, 12:16 PM
Exachix smiles.

"It is annoying... but Fun to use on other people."

Fenric
2007-05-22, 12:21 PM
Krystal tilts her head

Mirror: split fifty percent vertical

The mirror does so. There are now two copies of the battle on the ship.

Right side: locate the silver-skinned man who fled the ship

(( Now we'll see if Deadly checks this thread or not :smallwink: ))

Exachix
2007-05-22, 12:21 PM
Exachix smiles and watches the mirror(s).

Deadly
2007-05-22, 12:25 PM
((Of course I do ;)))

The mirror briefly shows the man in what looks like somewhere in the abyss. Where is anyone's guess. Then the scrying fails.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 12:31 PM
Krystal grumbles

Fine: let's see how good he is. Mirror: find his shadow.

Deadly
2007-05-22, 12:36 PM
((Hmm... this is the time I wish I'd chosen one of the others for this attack. Oh well, let's see where it leads :)))

The man, not a shadow caster or otherwise much concerned about shadows, haven't protected his shadow. He is still in the abyss somewhere, but he's no longer carrying the stone tablet.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 12:39 PM
Krystal beams

Hah! Not good enough. Wish we had Yoshi around, though...

She looks at Exachix

Got any Sending spells handy?

Krystal sets the dead-timed Exachix on the bed, and opens a portal to Achim's boar instead

They need help, and Tenshin took the dim-lock off.

She steps through.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 01:10 PM
Fox-Exachix sighs as he wakes back up.

"No no no!"

He goes over to the mirror.

"Krystal!"

He curses as it seems the mirror is loading. Exachix curses and trots around in circles.

Oh wait... it does, Exachix watches and hmms, before trotting to the corridor.

"mLorrian!"

mLorrian rushes from wherever she is.

"Hello you."

"Sorry, but we're both in almost the same boat... and almost siblings.. can I try something?"

"Urm.. ok. Go on."

"Can we try and combine Fire and Water?" He shifts to Hybrid, his ear still burnt in the same way.

"Urm.. ok.. how shall we do this."

"We create a portal to the battle there, and try and throw things."

mLorrian smiles, they both go back into the room, mLorrian takes her crystal Amulet off, as does Exachix, they both use their magical power to create a small portal...

--

Exy smiles. "Right.. Now I'm going to create a fireball... and-"
mLorrian interrupts. "I can guess."

Exachix creates the ball of fire, red and glowing, and then it appears to glow a slight blue too.

"We don't want it overbalanced!"
"Ok!"

The Blue intensifies... do it doesn't just seem like a fireball, but a ball of water too.

"This'll be fun."
"Oh yes, you fire it."
"Let's both."

The Fire/Water-Ball moves to the portal, and accellerated greatly before it enters.

Kantur
2007-05-22, 02:00 PM
Kantur flops down on a chair and relaxes.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 02:03 PM
Lorrian sits down next to him.

[Krys' Room]

mLorrian and Exy wait for the effects to be seen...

Kantur
2007-05-22, 02:12 PM
He smiles across at her
Evening you

Exachix
2007-05-22, 02:13 PM
Lorrian smiles and snuggles up to him.

"Hello."

[Krys's Room]

Exy and mLorrian cheer! before teleporting in.

Kantur
2007-05-22, 02:21 PM
Kantur sighs as he wraps his arms around her
I've missed this.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 02:26 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"Which 'this'?"

Kantur
2007-05-22, 02:39 PM
Being able to hold you without a care in the world.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 02:42 PM
Lorrian smiles and snuggles up close to him.

"Oh.. ok.."

She smiles, resting her head on his chest.

Kantur
2007-05-22, 02:46 PM
Why, what did you think I meant?
He smiles at her and kisses her forehead

Exachix
2007-05-22, 02:48 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"I don't know."

She smiles and kisses him.

Kantur
2007-05-22, 03:02 PM
Kantur rests his head gently on hers and despite still being very awake, feels his eyes slowly closing, just from how content he is.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 03:05 PM
Lorrian smiles and mms contentedly.

Kantur
2007-05-22, 03:16 PM
Part of me wonders what's happening in town. Part of me doesn't care.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 03:25 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"Part of me is worried. Most of me is happy."

Kantur
2007-05-22, 03:29 PM
I'm sure we could check if you wanted to...At least I think we could, last time I was here I had a key...

Exachix
2007-05-22, 03:31 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"I'm not too worried. Only Worried that I'll have to leave you, or you'll leave me."

Fenric
2007-05-22, 03:38 PM
The group in the mansion gets larger as Exy, Mikhail, Inuk, and Krystal arrive through the main door.

That was an interesting diversion.

Kantur
2007-05-22, 03:38 PM
I can't think of a single reason that'd happen.
He kisses her nose before leaning behind her and lying back, his fingertips resting gently on her hips.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 03:39 PM
wolf-mLorrian comes in via the portal in krys's room, shifts back to elf and joins the group.

Exachix smiles.

"Yep! So how is our invisible servant doing?"

--

Lorrian smiles to him and strokes his hair.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 03:42 PM
Krystal goes to the door and magically adjusts it, then opens it. She is promptly knocked over by said invisible servant which had been mindlessly waiting for the door to come back.

Oof. Idiot thing!

She gets back up and looks out

Not quite half. This will take a while.

Wukei
2007-05-22, 03:43 PM
Mikhail looks around the place, curiously. Have you seen Kazuki?

Kantur
2007-05-22, 03:47 PM
Kantur titls his head off to the side
Evening guys

Fenric
2007-05-22, 03:48 PM
Krystal shakes her head

No... but the mirror in my room is still active.

Krystal leads Mikhail to her room, where the mirror is still split-screen: the left half showing Inuk gawking at the interior of the mansion, the right half showing the pale-skinned man in the abyss.

Mirror: Left Side: find Kazuki

The scene switches from Inuk to Kazuki. He is near the Town docks, fighting a bizzare construct that seems to have been made of baugettes.

That's... unique...

(( four dozen baugettes, in fact :smallbiggrin: ))

Wukei
2007-05-22, 03:51 PM
Mikhail tenses. How do I get there?!

Exachix
2007-05-22, 03:51 PM
Exachix hmms.

"Seems weird... what do those bags there say?"

((4 dozen! 4 Dozen! AHH!))

Lorrian smiles to Kantur.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 03:54 PM
Krystal opens a portal to the Docks.

Portal's fastest

Krystal squints at the bags

Can't read draconic script, sorry.

Wukei
2007-05-22, 03:58 PM
He thanks her before jumping through the portal.

Kantur
2007-05-22, 04:00 PM
Kantur smiles back at her and stretches out.

((If Kantur was there to hear the conversation, he'd be able to read them...:smalltongue: ))

Exachix
2007-05-22, 04:01 PM
Exachix looks at it, and then gets very confused.

"What in.. That's so weird."

---

Lorrian smiles back at him.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:02 PM
Krystal looks at Exachix

What do they say?

Exachix
2007-05-22, 04:04 PM
"The Bakery. That's all... may have a K and.... Karsen!"

Exachix looks at it and goes 'what'.

"Karsen has a Bakery."

(("The Idiot!"

"I know"

"Well! ARG!"))

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:10 PM
Krystal arches an eyebrow

A bakery? As in "wake up super early every morning and bake bread"? I wonder if it's any good...

Exachix
2007-05-22, 04:11 PM
"Known Karsen 'Get other people to wake up every morning'."

He grins.

Kantur
2007-05-22, 04:12 PM
Kantur looks up at Lorrian
Think we should head back? It's nice here, but it's not...
He pauses for a moment, realising only now what Inari's temple means to him
...home.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 04:17 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"If you want to."

She stands and smiles to him.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:20 PM
Krystal chuckles as she turns back to the screen

Yeah... ow. Salt in the eyes! That's got to sting.

As the water appears in the air over the thing she arches an eyebrow

That's either a really good idea, or a really bad one...

Kantur
2007-05-22, 04:24 PM
Kantur gets up and smiles
Let's go then.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 04:26 PM
Exachix smiles.

"Bad... the dough will get soggy and then make splat attacks."

Lorrian smiles and looks around for the exit.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:28 PM
Krystal chuckles

He blew a Miracle to make Bigby's Fist? That's going to be messy if it works.

Kantur
2007-05-22, 04:34 PM
Kantur takes Lorrian's hand and heads off to see if Krystal could possibly help them.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 04:35 PM
Exachix nodds.

mLorrian follows them.

mExy comes out from wherever he was hiding and follows mLorrian.

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:39 PM
Krystal can't help laughing at her brother. Then she too hears the other laugh.

Mirror: left: follow the noise!

The mirror finds a winged woman flying away, laughing.

Focus on her!

The mirror has trouble following her though, and soon loses track.

bah!

Exachix
2007-05-22, 04:41 PM
Exachix shifts to fox-form and sits on the bed, yawning.

"Sorry... Krys..."

Kantur
2007-05-22, 04:44 PM
Kantur knocks politely on the open door before walking in anyway since it's open.
We were just wondering if you could summon us a way back to Inari's? You seem to have some sort of power here. That and I don't know exactly how teleporting works when it comes to extra-dimensional spaces...

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:45 PM
Krystal smiles

We're not on the astral plane: everything should work normally. You can use Word of Recall if you have one ready, or I can open you a portal.

Krystal grins at Exachix

It's no trouble, Exy. Just a sec and I'll be coming to bed myself.

Exachix
2007-05-22, 04:46 PM
Lorrian becomes Kantur's NPC.

mLorrian and mExy will head back when a portal opens. or whatever.

Kantur
2007-05-22, 04:49 PM
I'll just use a teleport, easy way of getting back and all.
He teleports himself, Lorrian and the Mirrors back to Inari's

Fenric
2007-05-22, 04:50 PM
Krystal turns out the lights and curls up in bed with Exy.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 08:55 AM
Fox-Exy's tail twitches in his sleep.

Fenric
2007-05-23, 09:02 AM
Krystal wakes up and looks around, an odd mixture of emotions playing through her heart. This was her home for so long, and yet it had also been a prison of sorts. But now she was here again, with her husband.

She looks at the still sleepy Exachix with a fond smile. Her husband, with whom...

She freezes at that thought. The kits... away with their aunt in the shadow temple. Away from their parents, who were too busy... just like...

I'm turning into Dad.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 09:03 AM
Exachix pats his paw in his sleep... seeming to start to stir.

Fenric
2007-05-23, 09:12 AM
Krystal ruffles fox-exy's fur.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 09:13 AM
Fox-Exy wakes and smiles to her.

Fenric
2007-05-23, 09:18 AM
Krystal smiles

How did you enjoy a night of sleeping outside of time?

Exachix
2007-05-23, 09:19 AM
"It didn't seem to different."

He smiles to her and nuzzles her.

Fenric
2007-05-23, 09:29 AM
Krystal smiles

And it usually doesn't sink in until a month or two goes by that it is never any different. Stagnant, unchanging, timeless... You don't live in here: you merely continue to exist.

She looks around

This is why I am so... driven to go... out.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 09:32 AM
Exachix's tail flicks from side to side.

"Out of here? Or just wandering about?"

Fenric
2007-05-23, 09:36 AM
Krystal chuckles

For a long time, it was just "out of here". Now... I guess that's the real reason for these little expiditions.

Krystal looks at the mirror, now dark and quiet

I can't just stay in the temple and study. I can't just settle down.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 09:37 AM
Exachix smiles.

"You have to keep moving, to find new things. I can understand that."

Fenric
2007-05-23, 09:49 AM
Krystal smiles

I didn't understand it until this morning.

She gets up with a stretch

And I think I know where to look for the things I wanted.

Krystal goes over to the mirror and activates it, causing it to follow a winding path through the corridors of the underground temple. Soon, the mirror is looing at a shining silver door etched with many runes.

I took a lot of thinking to puzzle it out, and I doubt even mirror-Kazuki knew about this: Can you guess what it is?

Exachix
2007-05-23, 09:52 AM
"Oh oh oh!"

Fox-Exy smiles, and bounds over to her.

"Big massive underground library with the last fragments of something that'll never be around ever again!"

Fenric
2007-05-23, 11:01 AM
Krystal giggles

You're not even trying. It's the tomb of Calicyra: the evil light spirit that got stuck in the diamond scepter on our world: that Aesa has now. The mirror of the hero of darkness was the villan of light, of course.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 11:04 AM
Exachix nodds.

"Ah... magical item heaven?"

Fenric
2007-05-23, 11:13 AM
Krystal shrugs

We'll see. More likely than that pile sitting in the storage room now, anyway.

then she grins

And I think we'll take the quick way there.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 11:16 AM
Exachix smiles and shifts to Hybrid.

"And then I think we should go Home for a bit."

Fenric
2007-05-23, 11:32 AM
At the sound of home, Krystal gets a pained expression and looks at the mirror

Mirror: remember location "light door"

The mirror goes dark.

I want to go home now.

Exachix
2007-05-23, 11:33 AM