PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted] Withering Paw Strike

Heliomance
2010-12-10, 06:40 AM
Withering Paw Strike is a Martial Arts charm in the Celestial Monkey Style tree from Scroll of the Monk. And from what I can see, it's crap. It costs 4m 1wp, and attempts to disarm the opponent. The thing is, the roll to resist it is really damn easy. Is it really as bad as it looks, and if so, why the hell is that willpower cost attached?

The Rose Dragon
2010-12-10, 06:45 AM
Withering Paw Strike is a Martial Arts charm in the Celestial Monkey Style tree from Scroll of the Monk. And from what I can see, it's crap. It costs 4m 1wp, and attempts to disarm the opponent. The thing is, the roll to resist it is really damn easy. Is it really as bad as it looks, and if so, why the hell is that willpower cost attached?

Celestial Monkey Style is basically crap from head to toe. Most people extend to that entire chapter.

Heliomance
2010-12-10, 09:09 AM
Oh, I dunno. I'm playing a Blissful Sage at the moment, and I have to say, the combination of Monkey Tail Distraction Strike and Flowing Mirror of Opposition Technique is glorious. And if you have the prep time, Body of War Meditation is very nice. Saved my ass last session.