PDA

View Full Version : Zero Sized Reply?

Amiel
2010-12-10, 07:40 AM
Salutations all :)
I've had this message a couple of times now, but I'm unsure what it means. What exactly is a Zero Sized Reply? And should I be concerned (since the entire uppermost horizontal field is a bright warning red)? :smalleek:

Rawhide
2010-12-10, 07:36 PM
Could you provide some more details?

Amiel
2010-12-12, 10:40 PM
I would if I could :)
I'll probably have to wait until the next entry before I can offer up any concrete details unfortunately.

DwarvenExodus
2010-12-15, 12:52 PM
When it comes up, print screen it. In fact, whenever anything strange comes up it would be a good idea to print screen it, as a rule of thumb.

NerfTW
2010-12-15, 01:23 PM
And what was being posted.

I'm betting from the name it has somethign to do with a post containing no printable characters in it, such as just posting a picture.

Catch
2010-12-15, 02:14 PM
A quick Google search says it's a Squid error, which is a server program.

From the Squid FAQ (source) (http://man.chinaunix.net/newsoft/squid/Squid_FAQ/FAQ-11.html#ss11.51):

"This happens when Squid makes a TCP connection to an origin server, but for some reason, the connection is closed before Squid reads any data. Depending on various factors, Squid may be able to retry the request again. If you see the "Zero Sized Reply'' error message, it means that Squid was unable to retry, or that all retry attempts also failed."

There are a bunch of server-side problems that can cause this, but I thumbed around a couple of support forums and read that it usually happens when you hit the submit button twice. Don't do that.

Also, googling a quotation of an error message will get you an answer nine times out of ten.