PDA

View Full Version : GURPS [4th] Psychic Assassin

Darius Rae
2010-12-10, 02:25 PM
Hello Playgrounders,
I need help stating up a psychic assassin for a GURPS campaign that I will be playing soon. I would like this character to primarily rely on psionic attacks and the Brawling skill, while still being able to use guns if necessary. The biggest problem that I am having now is deciding what powers I want this character to have. Do you have any suggestions? Currently I am leaning towards Psychokenisis with Autoteleport and some telepathic powers, but I feel that I may be in danger of spreading my points too thin.

Diarmuid
2010-12-10, 02:44 PM
How many points do you have to work with, and what is the preferred means of assassination?

When you say "Psychic Assassin", I'm thinking someone who makes your brain melt from inside your head, or does something similar to what Psylocke from X-Men does.

I would think something that would allow you to get to your target unseen would be handy, though maybe thats what you had in mind for Autoteleportation, but if you dont know where you're going that can be dicey.

Darius Rae
2010-12-10, 02:47 PM
I'm currently looking at Mind Stab and Mind Blow from Psionic Powers as the preferred means of damage dealing, but knocking someone back with a telekinetic blast seems awesome too (although not subtle). I am defiantly taking Damage Resistance (force field). Also, the build is 200 points with up to 150 in disadvantages.

Diarmuid
2010-12-10, 03:02 PM
So between Teleport, DR, Mind Stab, Mind Blow, Telekenesis, and the skills you're talking about you definitely are looking at chewing up your points relatively quickly.

That's not even taking into account paying for your attributes. I think you need to be a little more focused with your build.

Darius Rae
2010-12-10, 03:22 PM
The only thing that I am unwilling to give up is DR, everything else is debatable. Taking other telekinetic abilities as alternate abilities to each other will help lessen the cost, but I am not entirely sure that telekinetics would be best for this concept.

Diarmuid
2010-12-10, 03:44 PM
I agree, tossing things around is way too flashy. And rather than teleporting some kind of invisibility is probably a better option for getting around unseen.

Unfortunately I'm AFB atm so I cant do much more than talk theory here and my expertise is more around fantasy/supers as opposed to Psi so I dont know how much Psi specific help I'll be.