PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] A third wheel...

gibbo88
2010-12-10, 07:44 PM
Hi Playgrounders,

I have an upcoming campaign and I am trying to come up with something new that will fit in for the gaps in the party. So far there is a wizard/warblade with a healer cohort and a blaster sorceror.

So I'm thinking someone with some combat power, some skills and trap finding would be useful. I have a Half-Orc Ranger/Commando that I have been tinkering with that is my main plan, but am open to other suggestions. Just found I have been a bit dry on inspiration recently.

The only real restriction is that we have to be CN, N or LN for alignment. We come from a mercenary city basically in the middle of a war between heaven and hell and the city refused to take sides, instead building a massive pair of "magic circle against" themed spells. Additionally we must have a level of either fighter or wizard (its a world-theme thing) with "special" feat that basically rewards teamwork.

Starting at level 6 (including the 1 fighter or wizard level)

Aaaaand go!

olentu
2010-12-10, 07:58 PM
Rog1/wiz5 into unseen seer from complete mage.

World Eater
2010-12-10, 08:33 PM
I searched your party and did not seem to locate a bard.
You must fix this error at once.

HunterOfJello
2010-12-10, 08:45 PM
I'm guessing it's a wizard 1/Warblade 5 so that covers your Tank role. The Healer (is it a cleric or the actual healer class?) can cover the cleric role of healing for the most part. A blaster sorcerer can cover for a wizard role or just ranged DPS.

This leaves out an actual wizard and a skillmonkey.

I would suggest a Factotum or a Rogue/Wizard/Unseen Seer would be good choices for a 4th member to round out the group.

gibbo88
2010-12-11, 01:03 AM
It's a Healer class person, we like to make the cohorts actual cohorts so they can have weaknesses. Eg: If you want someone to swing a sword as a cohort, you get a fighter or barbarian not a swordsage.

Seems like unseen seer is a popular one.

Tvtyrant
2010-12-11, 01:09 AM
If you want a fighting healer your best bet is a Cleric :P If that is considered too potent you could consider a Galadriel Paladin/Sorcerer that uses Lay on Hands for healing and Sorcerer for everything else. You get a reasonable smite, mass proficiencies, casting, etc.

Or you could go Bard-> Sublime Cord route and become a god!