PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Home IV: Plenty of Space

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-10, 09:37 PM
There's no place like home. Whether in the suburbs of Inside, a desolate mountain cabin, a dingy flat somewhere... this is where PCs live. This is a meta-location, as the houses themselves may be many miles apart from one another. Or in separate dimensions.

If you want an address in this thread, please PM me and I will post the locations in this post.

Examples:

123 Generic Drive: Home of John and Jack Doe and their daughter Jane. PM <player name 1> or <player name 2> if you want to interact here. Located near Inside and the Taverna Generica.

Mary's House: Home of Mary Moe. Located many miles from Town civilization in an isolated mountain valley. Unlikely to be found by someone who doesn't know where it is. Mary Moe's player is <player name 3>.

================================================

OOC Rules:

1. Please post location tags on each post. Ex: [123 Generic Drive] or [Doe House]

2. The players who own each residence control what goes on within it. A residence is a quasi-PC and cannot be godmodded. You can attempt to break in / burn it down / knock on the door, etc, but it is up to the player controlling the home to let you know what happens next. If a player wants to make their home entirely impervious to everything, that is their right (however boring that might be). Players are permitted to make additional ooc rules if they want that apply to their own homes. By entering their property, you are agreeing to roleplay within their cosmology.

3. Play nice. Any disagreements between players, please take it to one of the OOC threads or PMs.

================================================

Locations:

1312 Hidden Valley Road: Home of Judy the Assassin and Mint, their daughter, Xerina, and adopted Grey Render; Rocky. Players: Lex-kat, Quinsar, Neon Knight

Eldena's Cottage: The dwelling of the Viera red mage Eldena. On the outskirts of Town. Not very difficult to find. Appears to be shaped out of a tree. That's because it was. Yay magic! People are free to enter and exit as they please. But don't break anything unless Eldena is there. Player: Viera champion

Clearing in the woods - A one story log cabin built in a large clearing in the woods not far from the Dancing Fox Inn. Complete with wooden fence. This is the residence of Zaydon, Opie, and Kate. Anybody can stop by, but if nobody's home, the place will be locked. Zaydon and Opie's players are KerfuffleMach2, and Kate's player is celtois. Note: Zaydon is now deceased, and Opie has taken to living in DFI. As it stands, the cabin is abandoned.

Junkyard workshop - In a junkyard in the ACROverse, what looks to be a shoddy shack has been built. This building was made by Runner before he joined GLoG. Inside is a high tech workshop and laboratory. The building has very high security, and any attempt to break in immediately causes the workshop to alert Runner, which will bring him over to investigate. Runner and Sentry both have security access. Runner's player is KerfuffleMach2, and Sentry's player is FaceofEvil.

Alhana's Dwelling - In the far reaches of Acro can be found the nice little wooden house of the banished elven princess, Alhana Starbreeze. She made it herself with some magical help from man known as Lee. On the outside and inside are intricately carved designs. It has two bedrooms a kitchen and a bathroom. Player: Viera champion

The House of the Rising Sun - Large house on a headleand facing the Emerald Sea, which, by strange happenstance, borders both Town and Acronymia. Home to Natasha, Oracle of the Dawn, and occasionally Khiansa Daggerfall, adventurer, and Natasha's sometimes lover.
Player: Kid Kris
Anyone can drop by to seek the Oracle's wisdom, or rest in the gardens, or just to say hi and share a pot of tea, but please PM, as the player may not read the thread.
Further Description, may update. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7286792&postcount=7)

4224 Wing House - Home of George Kingsley. Player: Gimliggamer

75 Ocean Rd - Daisuke's new house, this house is near the beach, and has a mixture of traditional Japanese styling and modern comforts. Player: horngeek

New Rock Household - A nice place in the city's suburban area, just inside the walls. It was specially built to appear larger on the inside than it does on the outside. It has the works - White picket fence, workshed out back, spacious basement(with attached laundry room), a study, kitchen, bedrooms, guest room(with it's own bathroom), living room, parlor, dining room, entry hall, three bathrooms...Everything a typical suburban family could want, complete with a nice hardwood floor.

Darn shame Lucas and Lillith are turning the study into a room meant solely for displaying adventuring trophies, and Arthur's going to be using the workshed for his crazy experiments. The neighbors are going to complain, no doubt.
Players: blackouttwo and Artemis97

Basil's Cabin - In an especially woody and remote area, some ways from the city, a cabin sits in the woods. It doesn't seem much different from any of the other hunting cabins one sometimes runs across, except that its scale is sized for minotaurs rather than humans. This is where Edijar has been hiding out since the coup and revolution in Inside, with his girlfriend Charity. The cabin, as may be guessed, belongs to Basil, one of Charity's former "friends with benefits", and he offered it to them when it was clear they couldn't safely return to Edijar's home. Players: Wolfbane and Happyturtle

Brendan's Upstairs - The 'upstairs apartment' at Brendan's House of Hobbies. A fairly sizeable yet still cozy home for the proprietor, his wife, and their guests. Possibly infested with lionfish. Players: Recaiden and Bushranger

Al's Lab - Home of AMEN scientist Al Rato. He does most of his experiments and research here. Living with him is the cyborg Delta 88, or just Delta for short. Her programming has been modified by Al, making her a live-in servant of sorts. Al's player is ApeofLight, and Delta's player is KerfuffleMach2.

The Tarmikos Studio - This space serves as both a living area and workshop for artificer and plane-hopper Niara Tarmikos. It is, in fact, its own separate plane of existence - and a minuscule one at that. It comprises, in its entirety, of a single room (around 180ft. long, 60ft. wide and 30ft. tall), and is split into many separate rooms with simple partition walls. To those who know of its existence and have the means to travel there, it is easy to gain access to. Niara's player is Baeleck.

Phil's Warehouse - 3224 Seaside Rd Big, slightly rusted corrugated steel warehouse that was once abandoned, sits on a lot that's been overgrown with weeds and small trees and bushes and such...has a gravel driveway leading up to it...and...near the docks...
Oh, yeah, it has a hydraulic lift leading to an underground garage! And the inside is full of parts and half-finished inventions! Run by TechnoScrabble.

Home 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131051) - Home 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149502) - Home 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9174317#post9174317)

ApeofLight
2010-12-10, 09:43 PM
[Al's Lab]

How can he not care about the name of his child?

I don't know. Let me ask him.

No you don't.

Delta nods a little. Alright. When I think of one, I'll let you know.

[Al's Lab]

Al nods. " Alright, sounds fine. ... really, I've never been one for naming things. " He says and takes another bite of fish.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-10, 09:48 PM
[Al's Lab]

Delta nods and waits for him to finish.

Alright, we do this tonight. We are getting out of here.

Tonight? No, we shouldn't. Really.

Shut. Up. Now.

ApeofLight
2010-12-10, 09:54 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al finishes eating and gets up. " Hmm... if you want to we can tonight but I'm not expecting it. " He says and goes to take his usual shower.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-10, 09:57 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al finishes eating and gets up. " Hmm... if you want to we can tonight but I'm not expecting it. " He says and goes to take his usual shower.

[Al's Lab]

You know that means that he wants it, right?

I hate you so much right now.

When Al gets done with his shower, Delta will be laying on the bed, with just the blanket covering her. And it's just barely doing that.

Alright, we can get through this one last time.

ApeofLight
2010-12-10, 10:04 PM
[Al's Lab]

When Al comes in he doesn't stop to look at her or anything. He just goes and climbs into the bed letting the towel drop to the ground.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-10, 10:08 PM
[Al's Lab]

Delta is slightly surprised by that.

What, she's pregnant, so he's done?

She waits to see if he'll initiate curtains.

ApeofLight
2010-12-10, 10:10 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al doesn't do anything to initiate the current or anything. He just gets into bed and will do nothing to her unless she does something to him. " Goodnight Delta. "

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-10, 10:14 PM
[Al's Lab]

Goodnight, Al.

She moves into her sleeping position. And waits for him to fall asleep first.

And when he does, she will carefully attempt to move out of the bed and get dressed. All the while making sure he doesn't wake.

ApeofLight
2010-12-10, 10:17 PM
[Al's Lab]

Wow, that's going to be hard. Each time she moves in the bed Al stirs a little and every time she makes a little bit too much noise he starts to wake.

Man, he is a light sleeper!

Though she will eventually be able to get out and dressed.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-10, 10:24 PM
[Al's Lab]

Persistance pays off!

Delta quietly makes her way towards the front door.

Yes! Almost there! Almost out of here!

He's gonna find us...somehow...I know he will...

And, unless stopped, out she goes! Into Inside!

ApeofLight
2010-12-10, 10:26 PM
[Al's Lab]

Nothing stops her. She will have an eight hour head start! Possible more depending on how long it takes Al to notice she is gone.

... Did she leave something for him for breakfast?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-10, 10:28 PM
[Al's Lab]

Alas, she did not. That will probably have bad results.

ApeofLight
2010-12-10, 10:29 PM
[Al's Lab]

In dead it does.

Because it takes Al a full two hours after he should have had breakfast for him to go and check the GPS and tracking system he installed in Delta to find out where she is.

Once he finds that out he will get up and head to Inside to track her down.

((Will give her some time to get ahead.))

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-11, 03:00 AM
[Ar's Manor]
They are crimefighters, and incompetent at that. Wiping them out would be a mercy.

billtodamax
2010-12-11, 03:02 AM
Kerfuffle! Thread needs tag!

Zefir
2010-12-11, 06:21 AM
[Ar's Manor]
They are crimefighters, and incompetent at that. Wiping them out would be a mercy.

[Ar's Manor]

"Hmm ok give me all information you got.
Where is there base?
How many member?
Security system
Any actions that lead me a save entrace etc."

happyturtle
2010-12-11, 07:13 AM
((Kerfuffle, don't forget to add the [Nexus] tag to the OP :smallsmile:))

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-11, 04:47 PM
[Ar's Manor]

"Hmm ok give me all information you got.
Where is there base?
How many member?
Security system
Any actions that lead me a save entrace etc."

"Oh, I don't want you attack them, I want you to cause, havok disguised as one of them."

Zefir
2010-12-11, 04:55 PM
[Ar's Manor]

"Only one? Then go tell me what you know."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-11, 05:13 PM
"First off, they wear this uniform and use these." Ar says, pulling a LANTERN uniform and red power ring from a nearby chest. "Just focus on shooting a laser from the ring, and it'll shoot a laser. Their leaders names are Rae and Maxios, their HQ is in space and they aren't too bright."

Zefir
2010-12-11, 05:25 PM
"Hmm do you know what the color means I met Rae he weared a blue one. Futhermore I think this Rae guy is smart I had to travle with him for a short time... I hate him, but he is very powerful. And most of the time he knows what he does. I don't think I can harm kill him or anything near that but I know something that will make him sad."

He smiles by the thought, causing fear and killing hope of people seems to be his true appereance.

"Tell me more about Maxios. He must be someone without brain asuming to the rae has brain thing mentioned befor."

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-11, 05:44 PM
"The red rings are powered by anger, blue by hope, yellow, by fear, ect. As for Maxios, he's an idiot with far more power than he should have."

Zefir
2010-12-11, 05:45 PM
"So what exacly do you want me to do, since they are so powerful?"

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-11, 06:13 PM
"Take the suit and ring, go to Inside. Start hunting down vampires and attacking them, causing as much damage to the city and "accidently" killing as many bystanders as you can, and killing any ISF that get in your way. If anyone asks, say you're from LANTERN and here to cleanse Inside of evil."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-11, 08:42 PM
((Kerfuffle, don't forget to add the [Nexus] tag to the OP :smallsmile:))

<_<...>_>...I don't know what you're talking about...

ApeofLight
2010-12-12, 01:17 AM
[Al's Lab]

Al arrives with Delta in hand. Once inside he turns around and shuts the door and locks it. He then pulls out a wicked looking dagger and looks at the wound on his wrist. It quickly heals up. The scientist then puts the dagger away and looks at Delta.

" Why did you run? Are you not satisfied here? Have I not given you enough? Why Delta, why? " Al asks the cyborg taking a non threatening step towards her.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-12, 01:22 AM
[Al's Lab]

Delta seems nervous.

I didn't want to, Al. It's...it's kinda hard to explain...

This isn't gonna end well.

ApeofLight
2010-12-12, 01:26 AM
[Al's Lab]

Al tries to grab Delta by the shoulders with a surprisingly strong grip. " Did you run away because you thought bearing my child would be such a horrible thing? " He says to her somewhere between a hiss and yell with cold anger and what sounds like... disappointment? Sadness?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-12, 01:36 AM
[Al's Lab]

Delta offers no resistance.

She timidly shakes her head. I think...parts of your program are slipping, or something...Like, what you put in me isn't in complete control anymore...

ApeofLight
2010-12-12, 01:42 AM
[Al's Lab]

Al relaxes his grip somewhat. For a few seconds he seems to be debating and thinking something over. He has two paths before him. Does he try and go for a quick solution and just redo the programing or does he put on a charade for her and manipulate her.

He finally makes a decision.

The scientist pulls Delta in for an embrace. " Delta... I don't want you to stay here because of some program... The truth is... about the time I took you in... I started to develop feelings for you... " He says quietly, almost calmly. And hey, it isn't a total lie. He did develop feelings for her. Not going to specify the feelings but feelings where developed.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-12, 01:47 AM
[Al's Lab]

I'm gonna venture a guess and say they're more of the physical variety.

Really? I...I kinda have feelings...for you, too, Al.

Lies and slander!

Annnd...the moment gets ruined with the appearance of Ivaz out of a wall. Her front is pretty bloodied up, and her shirt is torn to shreds in the front. Which allows one to see that her bra has also sustained damage.

You're welcome, now heal me up.

ApeofLight
2010-12-12, 01:49 AM
[Al's Lab]

Al glares at Ivaz and grabs the knife on him and her wounds should start to heal. " Is there anything else you'd like to ruin while you're here? " Al asks moving to put Delta behind himself.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-12, 01:56 AM
[Al's Lab]

Ivaz glares at him a little. I go out of my way to help you get her back, and get myself torn up for really no reason, and that's how you talk to me? Thanks. See if I help again.

Once she's healed, she disappears again.

Delta looks up at all, unsure of how to react.

ApeofLight
2010-12-12, 02:00 AM
[Al's Lab]

Al turns back around to Delta and tries to get her to look at him. " Go get ready for bed, you must be tired from all of this today. I just have a few things to go take care of and then I'll be up, alright? " He says and then tries to give her a kiss before heading downstairs.

Once downstairs he looks around. " Ivaz are you still there? " He asks heading over to the main computer.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-12, 02:06 AM
[Al's Lab]

Delta nods, and then is kissed. And she heads upstairs.

Ivaz doesn't respond. However, another voice does.

Ah...what did she do now?

Zavi is clutching her stomach, and her shirt is fairly bloody. Not torn like Ivaz's was, just bloody.

ApeofLight
2010-12-12, 02:11 AM
[Al's Lab]

Al looks at Zavi and she should feel the healing power of Palta heal the wound. " Delta ran away and then she helped me get her back. Then I pretty much told her to f*** off. I have to keep up more of an appearance around Delta now. I can no longer rely on her programing so I'm having to take a longer route of manipulation. I just wished to tell her that. That is all. " He says and then turns to head back upstairs.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-12, 02:14 AM
[Al's Lab]

That was not the smartest thing to do. She will find some way to get back at you for that, you know. And, I would not want to be on the receiving end of her revenge.

Coming from somebody that grew up with her, that's saying something.

And deadtime.

ApeofLight
2010-12-12, 02:15 AM
[Al's Lab]

Al nods and then heads up to his bedroom.

((Night))

Zefir
2010-12-12, 03:39 AM
"Take the suit and ring, go to Inside. Start hunting down vampires and attacking them, causing as much damage to the city and "accidently" killing as many bystanders as you can, and killing any ISF that get in your way. If anyone asks, say you're from LANTERN and here to cleanse Inside of evil."

"And why me I mean this thing goes of rage. I don't think it will work with fake anger. But I will seee what I can do."

He takes the ring but nothing happened.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-12, 07:34 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al nods and then heads up to his bedroom.

((Night))

Al will find Delta laying in bed already. In her normal pajamas.

ApeofLight
2010-12-12, 08:26 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al gives Delta a small smile as he walks in and changes into his pajamas. He then climbs into the bed.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-12, 08:34 PM
[Al's Lab]

When he wakes in the morning, Delta won't be there.

Because she's making breakfast!

ApeofLight
2010-12-12, 08:37 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al smiles. Ahh, the smell of breakfast and correctly broken will. He loved that smell in the morning.

The scientist gets up and gets dressed walking out into the kitchen. " Good morning Delta. "

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-12, 08:38 PM
[Al's Lab]

Morning, Al! She seems chipper.

Big breakfast today. Waffles and eggs and bacon.

ApeofLight
2010-12-12, 08:40 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al sits down and starts to eat the big breakfast set out before him. " Mmm... "

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-12, 08:42 PM
[Al's Lab]

Delta smiles.

He likes it! Hey, Al!

Gotta think of a new plan, now.

((Sorry, gotta deadtime for a while. Might be back on later.))

ApeofLight
2010-12-12, 08:45 PM
[Al's Lab]

Once Al finishes it. " Thank you Delta, that was delicious. " The scientist gets up and heads for his lab.

Zefir
2010-12-13, 02:15 AM
"And why me I mean this thing goes of rage. I don't think it will work with fake anger. But I will seee what I can do."

He takes the ring but nothing happened.

Well Zefir is going of, hopefully the ring is workinjg for him.

iElf
2010-12-13, 07:35 PM
Remote beach house, archipelago 300 miles south of HALO

Din and amanda will teleport into the beach by the house

the house is built into a hill, much like a hobbit hole, and several small windows look out on the crystal clear ocean. behind the house is a vast forest of palm trees, giving the house plenty of shade. there a a few tropical flowers in the garden, sheltered from the sea winds by a small wall of shale . drifwood is incorporated in both the house's entrance, and as several garden features

Din smiles "do you like it?"

Quinsar
2010-12-13, 07:38 PM
Amanda squeals.
Oh! I love it so much!

iElf
2010-12-13, 07:42 PM
Amanda squeals.
Oh! I love it so much!

Din smiles "Have I ever told you how I first came to the nexus?"

she leads her inside, which has a rustic furnish to it (very victorian)

it has a bedroom, bathroom, living room, kitchen, dining room , conservatory , and a spare room.

Quinsar
2010-12-13, 07:43 PM
No, I don't think so.

iElf
2010-12-13, 08:01 PM
No, I don't think so.

Din sits down on the couch in the livingroom "I set out on a fishing trip from my home island. it's a small island not unlike this one, called new kakariko.
and...well I never came back from that trip. I was caught in a storm...and I washed up on this island here"

Quinsar
2010-12-13, 08:02 PM
Oh.. Would you ever like to go home...?

iElf
2010-12-13, 08:06 PM
Oh.. Would you ever like to go home...?

"some times...but...not really. I don't miss it a lot. I had a miserable childhood really...maybe not as bad as yours though"

Quinsar
2010-12-13, 08:10 PM
Yeah... well I'm glad I can help make you happy now.

iElf
2010-12-13, 08:15 PM
Yeah... well I'm glad I can help make you happy now.

Din smiles, and kisses her "...I built this place bit by bit after pixie left. at one point, I was planing to have my memory erased, and just live here"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 08:45 PM
[Al's Lab]

Once Al finishes it. " Thank you Delta, that was delicious. " The scientist gets up and heads for his lab.

Delta smiles.

Glad you liked it!

Then she starts cleaning up.

I need to get a hold of her again. Somehow.

You had your shot, and you blew it. Now shut up and go away.

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 09:17 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al heads downstairs to work on his pets and the bases power supplies and any other matters he has to work on.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 09:32 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al heads downstairs to work on his pets and the bases power supplies and any other matters he has to work on.

Yay! Stuff is worked on. Yay stuffs!

Ivaz is going to do something against you, you know.

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 09:42 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al actually face-desks when he hears that. " By all the gods! " He curses and then sits back up to look at Zavi. " I don't suppose an apology would work. "

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 09:50 PM
[Al's Lab]

((Did...did Zavi just scare Al?))

Zavi shakes her head. Probably not. And, unfortunately, I cannot predict what she will do. She has always been a little out there.

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 09:53 PM
[Al's Lab]

((No, Al just couldn't handle the stupidity and selfishness of her sister. >.>))

Al rubs his temples trying to relax just a little. " First Delta and now Ivaz. Next thing you know you'll be selling me out before I finish figuring out the bases powers and everything. And I've made headway with it too. " He explains.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 10:04 PM
[Al's Lab]

Both of them have questionable mental stability. I do not.

What progress have you made? She seems interested.

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 10:12 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al sighs and shakes his head.

Then he spins around in his seat to look at Zavi. " Are you familiar with the treatment of grafting, organ replacement, and the replacing of limbs? I've found that when done properly a replaced limb or graft will retain part of it's power to use the base of it's original owner, not enough to do anything though. However if given a power supply of some sort it might be possible to create a person that can use more than one base. " Al explains lacing his fingers together and leaning forward a bit.

" Whoever this is still just theory and I still need to actually test it to see if it is true. " The scientist says spinning back around to the computer.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 10:14 PM
[Al's Lab]

That is very interesting. And probably the most progress I have heard of to date on this.

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 10:17 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al smirks to himself. " Well yes, at the risk of sounding hubris, I am a genius. Maybe you should tell your sister that because whatever she does it's probably going to mess up with the progress being made. "

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 10:22 PM
[Al's Lab]

Zavi sighs a little.

At this point, I do not think she cares about that anymore.

She seems to be finding this dimension as a new home for her. And she seems to be caring little for anything she was before.

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 10:38 PM
[Al's Lab]

Once Zavi finishes explaining Al sighs. " Great. Even though it could bring her great power she probably doesn't care. " He says and shakes his head.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 10:40 PM
[Al's Lab]

I am sure she cares about the power part. But, her mind does not seem to function like that of a normal person. She is hard to predict.

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 10:44 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al just sighs and shakes his head again. " Well, if there is anything you could do to try and dissuade her that would be much appreciated. "

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 10:51 PM
[Al's Lab]

I will try, but I cannot guarantee anything. You should probably prepare for her.

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 10:53 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al frowns and gets up. " I'm always prepared. " He says and heads for the stairs and upstairs. It's almost time for lunch anyways.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 11:01 PM
[Al's Lab]

Yay for tuna salad!

Al, I kinda wanted to talk about what made me leave. I think I've developed...well...the easiest way to say it is multiple personalities.

I hate you so much, it's unreal!

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 11:04 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al starts to eat the tuna salad as he mulls what she told him over. " Hmm... That's not very good... we'll have to figure out how to work that out or deal with it or whatever. " He says and then sighs dropping his head to let a little bit of his fatigue and frustration to show through.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 11:06 PM
[Al's Lab]

Delta notices this.

You should probably get some sleep, Al. You look like you need some rest.

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 11:12 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al shakes his head. " No, it's alright, just the stress is starting to get to me. " He says and stands up. " Would you mind giving me a back rub? We can talk about how to help you while you do. "

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 11:17 PM
[Al's Lab]

Delta nods, then gets up and goes behind him. She puts her hands on his shoulders and starts rubbing.

Any ideas on what could've caused it?

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 11:20 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al seems to relax a bit as Delta starts to rub his shoulders. " The reason multiple personality disorders happens is to help someone deal with a traumatic experience. If we could figure out what it was, help you work through it and then try and get all your personalities to fit together that would probably work. " Al starts to sit back down as Delta works away some of the stress held in his muscles.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 11:23 PM
[Al's Lab]

Delta nods a little.

Maybe part of it has to do with my original programming? Maybe that's starting to conflict with the work you did.

Wait...did he tell her that he redid her programming?

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 11:28 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al pauses and then glances over his shoulder at Delta. " Delta, how do you know about my reprograming? "

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 11:31 PM
[Al's Lab]

...*blinkblink*...

Um...I think cause of the multiple personalities, actually. One of them seems to want to do nothing but make you happy.

She smiles a little. Can he guess which one is active now?

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 11:32 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al rubs the bridge of his nose. This was not going to be good. He had to get all the personalities back into one without her figuring things out. " Do the other personalities know? "

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 11:35 PM
[Al's Lab]

Well, right now, there's three that I know of. One seems to just completely fear you. Don't know what she knows. Then there's the one I have now, which was created when you reprogrammed me. Then there's the one who tried to escape. She knows everything.

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 11:44 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al sighs. He puts his hands on Delta's and then turns around to look at her as he stands up. " Delta, I'm sorry I put that programing in. It was a stupid thing of me to do. I was just scared that you would leave and I didn't want that. Do you think that if I took the programing out it would help you get better? " He asks his entire monologue sounding sincere enough.

" I want you to get better Delta. I do. I... I... " He still sounds sincere and he takes a deep calming breath. " Delta I love you. " Woah, even that sounds sincere and honest. Al is a really, really good lier.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 11:47 PM
[Al's Lab]

Delta is speechless. She just stands there, staring at him, her face a mixture of shock and admiration.

...oh, he's good. Can't wait to wipe that smile off his face.

Finally, Delta manages to say something. I...I love you, too, Al. She'll go to kiss him.

...dammit.

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 11:51 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al pus a gentle finger on her lips to stop her. " No... Delta, I love you, not just one of your personalities. I won't be able to live with myself if I don't know if you, all of you, loves me also. " ... Seriously? There are no signs of lying it seems! Has he really had a change of heart or is he just that good under pressure?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 11:53 PM
[Al's Lab]

Delta stares at him, a little confused.

But...Al, what if they don't? What then? Couldn't we just leave me in control?

Please, somebody shoot them both!

ApeofLight
2010-12-13, 11:59 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al sadly shakes his head. " Delta, I'm sorry, no. I want you to love me because you want to love me. Not because I want you to love me. I don't want you to fear me or hate me either. " Al closes his eyes as if he's making a decision he doesn't want to make but has to anyways.

" Delta, I'm afraid I need to change your programing back to the way it should be. It's the only way I'll be able to live with myself. " Both of those are white lies. Well the first one. Yes he will change the programing but he will change it to be even more subtle and pushing and pulling her to do what he wants. It probably won't have as big as an effect from now once he does it. " I'm going to change it now. Please come. " He says and tries to lead the cyborg downstairs to do the reprogramming.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 12:05 AM
[Al's Lab]

Delta seems hesitant at first. I...okay, Al.

She will follow him.

Do you think it'll work?

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 12:13 AM
[Al's Lab]

Al turns to look at Delta. " Honestly? No. But I do think it will help. Now just relax. " He says and leads her to the chair and puts her under.

Once she's asleep he will download a copy of her programing and start to go through it, trying to find where errors are occurring and fixing them and even cutting out entire pieces that push her to far.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 12:17 AM
[Al's Lab]

((Hey, you know what Ivaz is doing in Inside, right? Getting Dani and Alexis ready to come break Delta out?))

Well, I really hope you don't screw this up. I mean, look at him. He's so sad now.

Come on. You really think he's serious? I mean, this is Al!

Yes, it is, and he's torn up about what he's done to this poor girl.

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 12:23 AM
[Al's Lab]

((Yeah, I know, Al is multitasking. He's running through defenses and what not at the moment.))

Al continues to work, smoothing and minimizing the actual effects the programing should have but also making it so it will try and bring Delta's personality back together in the way he wants. It might take time but it should hopefully work.

He also throws in a few bits to try and make her think that this might actually be a good place to raise kids.

((Also I was thinking that maybe Delta could have triplets? Twins overdone and single is too. Hardly see triplets anymore.))

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 12:26 AM
[Al's Lab]

((Okay, then. They'll probably be attacking shortly. And triplets sound fine to me.))

So...are you going to disappear, then?

Who said I was going anywhere? Maybe you'll be the one gone.

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 12:30 AM
[Al's Lab]

And Al starts to wake her up after imprinting her with the new programing and initializing it. " Delta? Delta, are you alright? "

The Bushranger
2010-12-14, 12:33 AM
[Island of the Coconut Bees]

There is no answer except for a cawing bird. Because there's no one else there but footprints.

"Tavlii? Where did you go?" Marcie asks, slowly turning, and looking. And looking a little nervous to boot.

((Reposting, in case you missed it. :smallsmile:))

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 12:33 AM
[Al's Lab]

Delta wakes and blinks a few times, her eyes refocusing.

I...yeah. I'm fine, Al.

Did it work?

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 12:36 AM
[Al's Lab]

Al shrugs with a small frown. " I don't know. I can't tell. It should have helped but the only way to know is for you to say. " He says and then takes a few steps back to let her get up.

" Also, I think your friends from before are going to try and take you away. If... if you want to leave you can go ahead and I won't stop you... "

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 12:40 AM
[Al's Lab]

She gets up. I...I don't want to leave you, Al. I'll just tell them to go.

No you won't! You're gonna...hey...what happened? Why am I so quiet?

Because Al gets the job done.

The Bushranger
2010-12-14, 12:41 AM
[Somewhere quite near the outside of Al's]

Alexis, having been teleported by Dani before, will only feel the usual slight discomfort of teleporting.

Ivaz hasn't though.
And for first-timers, the effect is usually something along the lines of being bent folded spindled and mutiliated into a jelly doughnutpretzel while plunging through a runaway kaliedoscope like a 33rpm record at 451/2rpm speed then twisted insideoutandbackwardsandOHYEGADSMYSPLEEN-

*POP!*

...and so they arrive.

celtois
2010-12-14, 12:44 AM
[Outside of Al's]

Alexis still a little dizzy from the whole trip. Slowly takes your time to catch her bearings. Before working a shortsword out of it's sheath. "Okay, we're here. Were ever here is."

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 12:46 AM
[Al's Lab]

Al smiles at her and holds out his hand. " I don't think that will work but we can try it first. I want you somewhere safe though when they do come. "

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 12:52 AM
[Somewhere quite near the outside of Al's]

Alexis, having been teleported by Dani before, will only feel the usual slight discomfort of teleporting.

Ivaz hasn't though.
And for first-timers, the effect is usually something along the lines of being bent folded spindled and mutiliated into a jelly doughnutpretzel while plunging through a runaway kaliedoscope like a 33rpm record at 451/2rpm speed then twisted insideoutandbackwardsandOHYEGADSMYSPLEEN-

*POP!*

...and so they arrive.

[Outside of Al's]

Alexis still a little dizzy from the whole trip. Slowly takes your time to catch her bearings. Before working a shortsword out of it's sheath. "Okay, we're here. Were ever here is."

Now, see, Ivaz has been through much in her lifetime. That little teleportation trip? Not the worst feeling she's had.

Still, when they arrive, she's a little woozy. She closes her eyes and puts her palm on her forehead.

Remind me again, why did I let you do that?

[Al's Lab]

Al smiles at her and holds out his hand. " I don't think that will work but we can try it first. I want you somewhere safe though when they do come. "

Delta nods and takes his hand.

((Hey, can either Dani or Alexis read minds?))

The Bushranger
2010-12-14, 12:55 AM
"Because I'm so cute?" Dani asks, fluttering her eyelashes. "So. Lead on, Fearless Leader girl!"

((Dani can. Sometimes. If she's (a) been...intimate...with somebody and (b) has skin-to-skin contact. Even then it's iffy. Clearly this doesn't apply to Delta. :smalltongue:
However, she is more 'susceptible', for lack of a better term, to telepathy, herself.))

celtois
2010-12-14, 12:56 AM
(Alexis's mental arsenal is main retaliatory. Though given enough time. She could in theory read someones mind. It would require a good deal of time with the person though and a bit of prayer. So not something that she could just pull out willy nilly. Dani might be able too last time I checked she was a psychic.)

Alexis makes her way towards the door. Looking all around her for trouble of the garden Al variety. "I'm guessing you have a plan for getting us in?"

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 12:58 AM
[Al's Lab]

Al takes her hand gently and leads her to a completely white and brightly lit room. There seems to be a camera and hardly any shadows. " This room is nearly indestructible and has anti-magic in the walls. You should be safe here and I'll be able to hear anything you say. I'll give them a holographic projection of you and you can try to persuade them to go away. Just... be safe... " The scientist gives Delta's hand a squeeze and then walks out of the room and looks at Delta a little sadly. He then turns on the holographic projector. As soon as the three open the door they should be able to hear and see Delta and Delta should be able to hear and see them.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 01:11 AM
"Because I'm so cute?" Dani asks, fluttering her eyelashes. "So. Lead on, Fearless Leader girl!"

((Dani can. Sometimes. If she's (a) been...intimate...with somebody and (b) has skin-to-skin contact. Even then it's iffy. Clearly this doesn't apply to Delta. :smalltongue:
However, she is more 'susceptible', for lack of a better term, to telepathy, herself.))

(Alexis's mental arsenal is main retaliatory. Though given enough time. She could in theory read someones mind. It would require a good deal of time with the person though and a bit of prayer. So not something that she could just pull out willy nilly. Dani might be able too last time I checked she was a psychic.)

Alexis makes her way towards the door. Looking all around her for trouble of the garden Al variety. "I'm guessing you have a plan for getting us in?"

((Okay. Just wondering if they'd be able to hear Delta's head voices))

Ivaz grins at Alexis. Course I do.

She looks around, and finds what she's looking for on a nearby by wall. A shadow large enough to walk through.

Hang on, let me check it first. She sticks her face into the shadow.

[Al's Lab]

Al takes her hand gently and leads her to a completely white and brightly lit room. There seems to be a camera and hardly any shadows. " This room is nearly indestructible and has anti-magic in the walls. You should be safe here and I'll be able to hear anything you say. I'll give them a holographic projection of you and you can try to persuade them to go away. Just... be safe... " The scientist gives Delta's hand a squeeze and then walks out of the room and looks at Delta a little sadly. He then turns on the holographic projector. As soon as the three open the door they should be able to hear and see Delta and Delta should be able to hear and see them.

Delta sits on the floor and simply waits.

Meanwhile, Ivaz looks into Al's main computer room. None of her shows. she's just checking to see if Al is there.

celtois
2010-12-14, 01:13 AM
Alexis waits patiently for their guide to return. Still pondering her sudden "change of heart" and willingness to help them. After all if she had helped bring Delta back...... Well it was hard to say.

The Bushranger
2010-12-14, 01:17 AM
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...

Dani waits, tapping her foot.

((If they're projected, Dani will hear them. If not...well, not. :smalltongue:

Also, since Ape deadtimed, I will as well. 'night!))

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 08:55 AM
[Al's Lab]

She will probably see him at the main computer typing stuff away. Seems almost like he's working.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 08:57 AM
[Al's Lab]

She will probably see him at the main computer typing stuff away. Seems almost like he's working.

Hmmm...guess we'll have to try another room.

She checks the room of the main entrance now.

Alexis waits patiently for their guide to return. Still pondering her sudden "change of heart" and willingness to help them. After all if she had helped bring Delta back...... Well it was hard to say.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned...

Dani waits, tapping her foot.

((If they're projected, Dani will hear them. If not...well, not. :smalltongue:

Also, since Ape deadtimed, I will as well. 'night!))

Ivaz...still has her head in a wall.

Literally.

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 09:03 AM
[Al's Lab]

Oh hey! The main room looks like it's clear! Hey! Delta is even there sitting on the floor! This should be easy. Just don't touch anything on the tables. It looks kinda like some sort of super in home lab stuff with all the vials and beakers and boiling stuff and science things like that.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 09:08 AM
[Al's Lab - Outside]

Ivaz pulls her head back out of the wall.

Okay, kiddies. Al's on his computer, Delta's in a separate room doing nothing. We jump in, you grab her and get out. I'll probably blow something up before I go.

She keeps a hand pressed to the shadow on the wall. Alright, shadow's gonna take you right to where Delta is. Grab her and go.

((And, now we wait for celtois and BR.))

Beans
2010-12-14, 03:25 PM
[Shakesfeld High School]
There once was a smallish high school that closed down.
And then it was bought up by an undead mad scientist. Yyyyyyep.
There's a main building with 3 floors (lobby, Humanities department, and Sciences department) and a secondary one with two and a basement (pool and workout room in the basement, gym on the first floor, cafeteria on the second floor.

The undead lady is now waiting outside. She's getting a housemate as an experiment.

BTW, might as well finish up Democritus on Pantheon.

iElf
2010-12-14, 03:40 PM
[Shakesfeld High School]
There once was a smallish high school that closed down.
And then it was bought up by an undead mad scientist. Yyyyyyep.
There's a main building with 3 floors (lobby, Humanities department, and Sciences department) and a secondary one with two and a basement (pool and workout room in the basement, gym on the first floor, cafeteria on the second floor.

The undead lady is now waiting outside. She's getting a housemate as an experiment.

a car drives up, and a blond neko steps out...with wings "um...hi"

Beans
2010-12-14, 03:41 PM
[SHS]
Hi there.
The sopholich has messy maroon hair and is wearing a labcoat.
Glad you could make it.
She sounds cheery!

iElf
2010-12-14, 03:46 PM
she nods "so....you wanted a room mate...um....so...want to show me in"

Beans
2010-12-14, 03:52 PM
[SHS]
She shows her in! The lobby is sort of empty, with a Thanksmas tree in one corner and a staircase to the second floor.
This is the lobby. Kinda boring, honestly.
Uh... let's see the second floor.

iElf
2010-12-14, 03:55 PM
[SHS]
She shows her in! The lobby is sort of empty, with a Thanksmas tree in one corner and a staircase to the second floor.
This is the lobby. Kinda boring, honestly.
Uh... let's see the second floor.

the neko nods, shyly, and follows "well...this is...nice"

Beans
2010-12-14, 03:58 PM
Aaaaaaand here's the Classics department.
It's a hallway with a few classrooms, one of which has been converted to a bedroom and has a pull-down projector screen and projector connected to a computer for movies.
Thought you might like it here.
There's a bazillion books about history and English and Latin and stuff if that's your thing.

iElf
2010-12-14, 03:59 PM
the noko frowns "not really...well...um...thanks...is this my room?"

Beans
2010-12-14, 04:03 PM
[SHS]
Yep. I thought I saw some boxes of books or something in that car you came in---I guess these bookshelves could hold 'em.
She gestures to empty bookshelves.
My room's above yours, third floor. Wanna see?

iElf
2010-12-14, 04:13 PM
[SHS]
Yep. I thought I saw some boxes of books or something in that car you came in---I guess these bookshelves could hold 'em.
She gestures to empty bookshelves.
My room's above yours, third floor. Wanna see?

she nods "yeah...i go tons of manga with me...lets see your room?"

Beans
2010-12-14, 04:19 PM
[SHS]
Science wing!
It's got no carpet, instead having tile.

One of the oven-chamber-gas-vent things they have in school labs has been converted into a fireplace.

There's a bed.
I don't need to eat or sleep, but sometimes I do... there's an electric kettle by this sink, so if you want tea or anything you won't have to go to the caf.
Both buildings's's's second floors are connected by a short indoor bridge thing.

iElf
2010-12-14, 04:22 PM
[SHS]
Science wing!
It's got no carpet, instead having tile.

One of the oven-chamber-gas-vent things they have in school labs has been converted into a fireplace.

There's a bed.
I don't need to eat or sleep, but sometimes I do... there's an electric kettle by this sink, so if you want tea or anything you won't have to go to the caf.
Both buildings's's's second floors are connected by a short indoor bridge thing.

she nods "thanks...so...what's your name? I'm Melanie"

Beans
2010-12-14, 04:24 PM
[SHS]
I'm Dr. Li.
She smiles.

iElf
2010-12-14, 04:31 PM
[SHS]
I'm Dr. Li.
She smiles.

she nods "...and why did you want me to come here again?"

Beans
2010-12-14, 04:32 PM
[SHS]
Well, I'm looking for a housemate for an experiment.
The experiment is... um... having a housemate.

Yeah.

iElf
2010-12-14, 04:44 PM
[SHS]
Well, I'm looking for a housemate for an experiment.
The experiment is... um... having a housemate.

Yeah.

"um...that sound kind of creepy..."

Beans
2010-12-14, 04:47 PM
[SHS]
Yeah, sorry.
But my experiment is basically to see if having a housemate will help or hinder my work.

iElf
2010-12-14, 04:57 PM
[SHS]
Yeah, sorry.
But my experiment is basically to see if having a housemate will help or hinder my work.

she nods "um...could you help me Carrie my stuff in please?"

Beans
2010-12-14, 04:59 PM
[SHS]
She will indeed aid her with her stuff.

iElf
2010-12-14, 05:14 PM
she carries all her stuff into her room , and begins paking it into shelves and stuff

Beans
2010-12-14, 05:21 PM
[SHS]
Li will help her if asked.

iElf
2010-12-14, 05:29 PM
[SHS]
Li will help her if asked.

she will go ask her then!

Beans
2010-12-14, 05:55 PM
And she halps!

celtois
2010-12-14, 05:57 PM
[Al's Lab - Outside]

Okay, kiddies. Al's on his computer, Delta's in a separate room doing nothing. We jump in, you grab her and get out. I'll probably blow something up before I go.

She keeps a hand pressed to the shadow on the wall. Alright, shadow's gonna take you right to where Delta is. Grab her and go.

Alexis grabs onto the Shadow. Ready to see where it will lead.

(I'm gone most of tonight so I can't promise much RP)

iElf
2010-12-14, 06:01 PM
And she halps!

halp is had. after se is finished, she sits down on her bed

The Bushranger
2010-12-14, 07:49 PM
[We Can Call It Al's]

[Al's Lab]

Hmmm...guess we'll have to try another room.

She checks the room of the main entrance now.

Ivaz...still has her head in a wall.

Literally.

[Al's Lab]

Oh hey! The main room looks like it's clear! Hey! Delta is even there sitting on the floor! This should be easy. Just don't touch anything on the tables. It looks kinda like some sort of super in home lab stuff with all the vials and beakers and boiling stuff and science things like that.

[Al's Lab - Outside]

Dani...somehow manages to resist the urge to goose Ivaz while her head is in the shadow. Probably only because Alexis is there watching though.

When Ivaz makes her pronoucement of the plan though, Dani nods. "Alright. On it. Good luck!"

And into the shadow she goes!

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 07:55 PM

[We Can Call It Al's]

Dani...somehow manages to resist the urge to goose Ivaz while her head is in the shadow. Probably only because Alexis is there watching though.

When Ivaz makes her pronoucement of the plan though, Dani nods. "Alright. On it. Good luck!"

And into the shadow she goes!

Going through the shadow feels slightly odd. Like passing through Jell-O, almost.

Anyways, on the other side, they'll find:

[Al's Lab]

Ivaz follows them in, her eyes scanning for signs of something wrong. As she passed through, she grabbed her favorite sword. A scimitar, with two curved notches cut into the blade.

Delta looks up at the trio. Dani! Alexis! How are you guys? ...it's like she's not being held against her will...

The Bushranger
2010-12-14, 08:07 PM
Dani rushes over to Delta without hesitation!

"Delta! You're OK! It's alright, we're here to get you out!" she exclaims quietly, reaching for her friend's shoulder.

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 08:33 PM
[Al's Lab]

Oh, sorry. Did you think you where grabbing Delta? No, no, you where grabbing photons of light that made up the hologram that looked like Delta.

Al is sitting at his computer typing things away as he watches the live feed from the hidden camera in the front chemistry room of his home.

celtois
2010-12-14, 09:43 PM
(I did warn ya. Back now.)

"Your just a projection?" Alexis nods. "Well that's interesting works for me though since I came mostly to talk." She gives a little wave to Dani telling her to scamper off and see where Delta actually is. "So. Easy question for you? What happened why don't you tell me exactly what led up to and what followed the night we met you." She's buying Dani time now.

The Bushranger
2010-12-14, 10:01 PM
[Al's]

Dani tumbles 'through' the Holo!Delta, squeaking in surprise as she rolls and comes back up. Then, nodding to Alexis, she rolls up and looks for a door, then tries to -

*pop!*
*pop!*

Pop to the other side of it!

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 10:06 PM
Dani rushes over to Delta without hesitation!

"Delta! You're OK! It's alright, we're here to get you out!" she exclaims quietly, reaching for her friend's shoulder.

Delta looks up at Dani. I'm not actually here right now. Or, not in that room, anyways. And of course I'm fine. Al wouldn't hurt me. He loves me.

(I did warn ya. Back now.)

"Your just a projection?" Alexis nods. "Well that's interesting works for me though since I came mostly to talk." She gives a little wave to Dani telling her to scamper off and see where Delta actually is. "So. Easy question for you? What happened why don't you tell me exactly what led up to and what followed the night we met you." She's buying Dani time now.

Delta nods a little. I was having some issues a couple days before I met you guys. Something in my programming wasn't working right. I think it might've been a bug from my old system. After I left you guys, Al diagnosed and fixed the problem pretty fast. I'm fine now.

Ivaz looks around for signs of cameras.

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 10:06 PM
[Al's Lab]

Well the only door on the first floor is the one to the basement. Oh... and there are those stairs... that she just teleported on... well that slide she just teleported onto... oh, the stairs just turned into a slide.

Have fun in the pit of monsters Dani! Well, the pit that you are currently sliding down into is actually just the basement but there are a lot of monsters here.

Well cameras... There's one in the corner over there and there... One in the wall... and one in the lights... Oh, hey look flasks and stuff on the table.

celtois
2010-12-14, 10:09 PM
Got to keep her distracted. Alright just keep talking. "A problem with your programming? Did he tell you what that problem was?" Maybe that you'd broken it, and he was trying to bring you back to heel.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 10:14 PM
[Al's Lab]

Ivaz grins at each camera she sees. She knows that Al is watching.

Delta shakes her head. Not into exact detail, no. But, based on what I told him, he figured that...well, the way the programs were clashing, I was kind of getting another personality.

The Bushranger
2010-12-14, 10:16 PM
[Al's Lab - Stair/slideway]

Dani eeps as she starts sliding!

And she decides to try to pop! her way to a more level floor nearby!

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 10:22 PM
[Al's Lab]

Dani pops! Right next to the rancor! Blaargh! ... but seriously there is a rancor standing right there looking at Dani with a drooling mouth as he reaches out a claw to grab her.

Al has set everything up and has finally won that bidding war on the new house he was looking at. Hey, he's going to be a father soon and this place was just too small. So Al put everything on his computer onto a super hard drive in a nigh indestructable case.

The scientist gets up from his chair and walks over to where Delta currently is. He taps a watch on his wrist and mouths out. Make it fast this place will go up in smoke in about half an hour.

celtois
2010-12-14, 10:25 PM
{Al's Lab}

"Getting another personality? What if that personality was always part of you? That part that didn't agree with what was happening and he just wanted to quash it. Since you seemed pretty distraught when we met you."

The Bushranger
2010-12-14, 10:28 PM
[Al's Lab - Rancor's Lair]

"EEEEEEEP!"

And Dani...

...grabs for the Rancor's claw?

*POP!*

Before trying to teleport herself AND the rancor to yet ANOTHER room. :smalleek:

Remember that earlier description of how teleports are for a first-time traveler? The Rancor probably is one...

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 10:29 PM
[Al's Lab]

Finally, somebody's getting it!

Alexis will see Delta give a little nod to somebody that isn't there. Must be somebody on her end.

Alexis...I appreciate you worrying about me. I really do. But, I'm happy where I am. So, please, you need to leave.

Ivaz caught the nodding. And combined with Delta telling them to leave, she gets suspicious.

Hey, goody two shoes, I think something's up.

celtois
2010-12-14, 10:33 PM
[Al's]

"I appreciate your concern. However I'm worried about you too. I'd like to get you out of here. I'm afraid I just can't leave without you." C'mon Dani.... c'mon. "Whether something is up or not we have to help her anyways."

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 10:34 PM
[Al's Lab]

... well that might be hard... considering there is basically the room Dani's in, the upstairs, the top floor, and the room Delta and Al are in... that's it really. Well wherever they end up the rancor's eyes roll up into his head and falls over.

We should probably be going soon, alright?

The Bushranger
2010-12-14, 10:36 PM
[You Can Call It Al's]

Well, assuming she didn't wind up in the room Delta and Al is in, since the appearance of a rancor would probably be noticed, maybe it's the upstairs?

Right above that room?

Which, given Rancor weight on its ceiling suddenly, might start sagging a bit?

Dani, meanwhile, dusts her hands, and decides to kick down the first door she comes to.
While drawing her plasma pistol.

WHIRRRRRRRR!

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 10:38 PM
[Al's Lab]

Delta nods again and stands up. Alexis, I have to get going. Please, you and Dani get out of here. I'll be fine.

You can want to help her all you want, but it won't do no good if you're dead.

celtois
2010-12-14, 10:44 PM
"Pfft. For all you know that might be just what she needs to snap out of it." Alexis looks at her knowingly. "Why now? Is this whole place rigged to kill us? Now Delta you have to understand I can't leave without you."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 11:06 PM
((Ah! Sorry.))

[Al's Lab]

Delta nods a little. Yes. So, you need to go.

Ivaz smirks. Called it. Find shorty and let's get out of here.

celtois
2010-12-14, 11:11 PM
[Al's]

"Pity I won't be leaving without you then. If you want me to live your going to have to take me with you, or come with me. That or you can have my death on your hands." It was a bluff, well sort of. Alexis would gladly sacrifice her life to save this girl. But if the girl refused and left anyways she probably wouldn't be willing to die. But she'd stay as long as she could. Probably Dani would have to pop her out. So essentially it wasn't a bluff... it just could have been one.

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 11:24 PM
[Al's Lab]

Al stands there and waits giving Delta the time she needs to finish this up.

Dani kicks the door into the bedroom! ... Rancor is out cold in living room still...

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 11:27 PM
[Al's Lab]

Delta seems a little worried now.

Please, it's all gonna blow up soon. You have to go now.

You heard the lady, let's go.

The Bushranger
2010-12-14, 11:28 PM
[Al's]

Dani sweeps the room in a fairly professional style from the doorway, covering it, before spinning around and racing for the stairs, which her player presumes are there somewhere?

celtois
2010-12-14, 11:30 PM
[Al's]

"I told you Delta. I won't go unless I'm going with you. One way or another. Either I go with you or you come with me." She crosses her arms in a this is my final decision type posture. "Could you really live with yourself if you left me here to be killed? How about Al could he live with himself if I was killed?"

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 11:35 PM
Al's Lab

Al taps his wrist a bit impatiently. fifteen minutes He mouths.

Dani will be able to find the stairs easily enough.

The Bushranger
2010-12-14, 11:37 PM
[Al's]

And so Dani races down the stairs, clears the landing at the base of them...then kicks in the first door she sees!

Girl has a mean kick for 4'8" and 85 pounds at the immediate end of a massive meal in the shower wearing a parka. :smalleek:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 11:39 PM
[Al's Lab]

Delta nods. We have fifteen minutes left. What will it take to convince you that I'm fine?

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 11:43 PM
[Al's Lab]

And Delta just kicked in the front door. >.>

And she's right back where she started with the Delta hologram right there <.<

Al doesn't have that big of a house alright? Well except for the basement... that's pretty big.

celtois
2010-12-14, 11:43 PM
[Al's]

"If you have to ask that question then I can assure you, that you won't be able to convince me. You should already know." Alexis shakes her head. "Fifteen minutes? Let me guess I should start saying my final prayers so my passage to heaven goes unabated." Yeah.. there goes the guilt tripping again. Bloody Paladin

The Bushranger
2010-12-14, 11:47 PM
[Al's Lab]

And so Dani whirls, and rushes down to the basement, kicking in any doors she passes on the way there.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 11:48 PM
[Al's Lab]

Ivaz looks at Dani.

Well that was a short trip. Look, Delta's saying the place is gonna blow up soon. Can you help convince miss goody two shoes here that we need to go?

Please, Alexis. Just go. Now. We can see each other again later.

ApeofLight
2010-12-14, 11:48 PM
[Al's Lab]

That would be the door she teleported through earlier... Still a slide instead of stairs... no Rancor at the bottom though.

Just a winged wolf creature...:smalleek:

The Bushranger
2010-12-14, 11:52 PM
[Al's Lab]

Before Dani rushes out: "No, we're not leaving without Delta!"

And at the base of the stairs, Winged Wolf Creature gets a faceful of Crystalstorm. :smalleek:

celtois
2010-12-14, 11:54 PM
[Al's]

"Yeah sure, after heaven knows what else you might go through. For all I know things might be fine. But my gut tells me they aren't, and I'm going to trust it. So the only question left is are you going to let me die? Cause you won't be convincing me to leave." Alexis sits down on the floor. Demonstrating her willingness to sit and die here.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 12:10 AM
[Al's Lab]

Delta looks to Al, worried.

Al, isn't there something you can do? She doesn't want to leave.

Oh, for the love of- Ivaz facepalms.

ApeofLight
2010-12-15, 12:18 AM
[Al's Lab]

Al sighs and steps in front of Delta. " Look, I don't know who you are and I don't really care. Me and Delta are leaving and this place is going to be destroyed. I love Delta and she is bearing my child currently. I. Will. Not. Let. You. Take. Her. So. Leave. If you really care about her so much respect her decisions. You can still be friends but if you ever try and separate us I will not tolerate it. You have about eight minute left. " Al turns and looks sadly at Delta. " I'm sorry Delta but we need to go. "

Wolfy gets... dead... Oh and look over there! More horrible creations! And over there as well! There has to be a least a few dozens or so. It looks like Al just let them all lose behind him as he came to get Delta.

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 12:32 AM
[Al's Lab]

"Well, I guess 'Target-rich environment' is going to get nice and cozy with 'Collateral damage'," Dani observes.

As she brings her BIG HONKIN' SPACE GUN to bear on the first horrible creation.

[b]BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM
BLAM...

celtois
2010-12-15, 12:33 AM
[Al's]

Alexis continues to sit their. Watching as Delta talks to Al. She had turned his trap against him. Which was good. Now she just had to wait and see what he was going to try and do.

"I'm not saying that I have to take her from you. But I won't let you take her alone, so if you don't want me to die. Your going to have to take me with you. If not well I guess you don't have much respect for human lives. Great Father you'll make." the last part was her trump card of sorts. Guilt trip them both, and that was that.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 12:36 AM
[Al's Lab]

One of those creations is a Badgerman!

Ivaz walks towards the door Dani went through and yells down it.

Shorty! You got four minutes to port back outside!

Delta just looks to Al.

ApeofLight
2010-12-15, 12:41 AM
[Al's Lab]

Al grits his teeth. Then he sighs. " Listen, if you leave now I will personally come and find you at Trog's tomorrow and show you where my new house is and you, me, and Delta can all have a nice chat. But you need to leave now. It is not my fault if you throw your life away. Sorry Delta, we have to leave now. " He insists and tries to gently lead her out and away into secret escape route 4B.

Blam! Blam! Blam!

One right after the other. SELF DESTRUCT WILL COMMENCE IN 2 MINUTES, HAVE A NICE DAY. A voice over some sound system says.

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 12:42 AM
[Al's Lab]

And Dani will rush the first door she can shoot her way to and kick it down!

Continuing to blaze away at any critters she can target as she rushes.

celtois
2010-12-15, 12:49 AM
[Al's]

"Fine. If you don't find me however... Your going to regret it." She leaves it at that. The unspoken threat not being physical at all given her posture, but seemingly more emotional.. as if. Yeah maybe she's suggesting that not finding her would prove him a dirty liar and risk damaging Delta's programing again. Alexis makes her way for the door. Doing her best to get clear. "C'mon we've got to go. Dani'll take care of her self. She can zap herself out of there. We can't." That's what Ivaz has been telling you the whole time, and now you listen.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 12:51 AM
[Al's Lab]

Delta goes with Al.

Speak for yourself. I was about to yank you back through the shadows, you stubborn....*grumble* She heads out, fast.

ApeofLight
2010-12-15, 12:54 AM
[Al's Lab]

Go Dani Go! You have just enough time to see Delta and Al stepping onto some sort of teleportation pad just as it activates!

Self Destruct will occur in thirty seconds.

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 12:56 AM
[Al's Lab]

And Dani levels her gun to aim straight at Al's heart the moment she spots him.

BLAM!

celtois
2010-12-15, 01:00 AM
Al's

"Good thing you didn't then. Since it worked out for the best." Alexis gets clear of the building, she's grinning now. It wasn't exactly a success but she managed it. It was progress for sure. "Now just a couple seconds and Dani should be....."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 01:03 AM
[Al's Lab]

Delta doesn't see Dani until the sound of the gun draws her attention.

Ivaz rolls her eyes.

ApeofLight
2010-12-15, 01:03 AM
[Al's Lab]

The blast fires through and passes right through Al though the blast seems to do less damage when it hits the wall behind him. Also Al drops to his knees so it seems the blast was slightly effective as he and Delta where teleported away.

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 01:05 AM
[Al's Lab]

"I'LL FIND YOU! YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU WON'T GET AWAY, NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES!" Dani screams, rushing to the teleport console and trying to get a read on the destination in the...15 seconds or so she has left.

ApeofLight
2010-12-15, 01:09 AM
[Al's Lab]

Dani might be able to tell that is somewhere in Inside but beyond that... the screen goes all fuzzy and statiticy. 5...4....3....

Dani might hear things start breaking and exploding and stuff. At the end of the countdown Al's entire house will collapse in on itself and burn its self to slag.

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 01:14 AM
[Al's Lab > Outside Al's Lab]

At "3" -

*POP!*

*POP!*

Dani teleports outside!
Probably landing near Alexis and Ivaz, tears streaming down her face.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 01:16 AM
[Outside Al's]

Cutting it a little short, are we? Ivaz seems slightly satisfied by that. Just a little.

And then boom.

celtois
2010-12-15, 01:17 AM
[Als]

"Dani!" Alexis will rush over to where Dani is. "Are you alright? What happened!?" She'll try and put an army around Dani's shoulder, in a probably vain attempt to comfort her.

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 01:22 AM
[Al's]

"I tried...but...they got away...I shot him but they got away..." Dani whispers, leaning against Alexis and doing her best to compose herself.

A Priestess of Angela shoudn't appear weak before a potential convert, after all.

"There were all kinds of freaky monsters! He turned them loose to cover his trail. I shot them but they got to the telporter before I could stop him."

celtois
2010-12-15, 01:29 AM
[Ex-Al's]

Hope she's not talking about Alexis there. :smallyuk:

"Dani, I made him make a promise in front of Delta to come meet us at Trogs tomorrow and tell us where he lives. If he doesn't it might be enough to break her programming." Alexis will continue to have her arm around Dani "We still have a shot."

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 01:32 AM
[Alas, Poor Al's]

:smallyuk: Nope. Ivaz. She's even already got the uniform down. :smalltongue:

"Um...well...he might not be healthy enough to make it, depending on how much my shot got him," Dani admits, a bit sheepishly, and even looking a little ashamed, but leaning against Alexis, appreciating the comfort.

celtois
2010-12-15, 01:42 AM
[Al's]
Good thing too, a Paladin of Angela would be weird..
"He... your right he might not. It's still worth something though. Still might be something." Alexis will squeeze her shoulder comfortingly.

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 01:43 AM
[Al's]

It's not unheard of, but yeah, Alexis isn't the type. :smalltongue:
"Yeah..."
Dani nods, and smiles, looking up at Alexis, looking to be recovering.

celtois
2010-12-15, 01:45 AM
[Al's]

Yeah... you can say that twice.
"Nothing left to do but go back to Trog's and wait. You want to join us Ivaz? I suspect you could use something to drink after this little adventure." Yeah she doesn't drink alcohol doesn't mean she doesn't realize others don't.

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 01:49 AM
[Al's]

It's not unheard of, but yeah, Alexis isn't the type. :smalltongue:
There. Said it twice!

Dani nods and looks to Ivaz for her answer.

ApeofLight
2010-12-15, 12:32 PM
[Al's New Home]

Al and Delta teleport in front of a home in Inside. It's one of the nicer areas and the house seems to be a bit bigger than the apartment deal he had earlier.

Al falls to a knee gripping at his stomach." Geeehh... That hurt... "

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 08:38 PM
((Sorry about the sudden departure last night. My internet decided to suddenly quit on me.))

[Alas, Poor Al's]

:smallyuk: Nope. Ivaz. She's even already got the uniform down. :smalltongue:

"Um...well...he might not be healthy enough to make it, depending on how much my shot got him," Dani admits, a bit sheepishly, and even looking a little ashamed, but leaning against Alexis, appreciating the comfort.

He'll be fine. He's got a healing spirit bound t a dagger.

[Al's]

Yeah... you can say that twice.
"Nothing left to do but go back to Trog's and wait. You want to join us Ivaz? I suspect you could use something to drink after this little adventure." Yeah she doesn't drink alcohol doesn't mean she doesn't realize others don't.

Ivaz shrugs a little. Sure, why not. Got nothing better to do right now.

[Al's New Home]

Al and Delta teleport in front of a home in Inside. It's one of the nicer areas and the house seems to be a bit bigger than the apartment deal he had earlier.

Al falls to a knee gripping at his stomach." Geeehh... That hurt... "

Delta starts to panic a little. Al! You're hurt. Where's that dagger? The healing one?

ApeofLight
2010-12-15, 08:41 PM
[Al's Home]

Al holds up a finger and reaches behind his back with his hand and grasps the dagger. After a few deep breaths he stands back up. " Ahh, that feels better... well, here we are. Once you told me you where pregnant I started looking for a new living space, the other one was too small. " The scientist says the wound pretty much gone from his mind now.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 09:00 PM
[Al's Home]

Delta relaxes now.

She smiles. Really? That's so sweet of you!

ApeofLight
2010-12-15, 09:20 PM
[Al's Home]

Al dusts himself off. " Yes, well... just one major flaw in all this as I had to rush the move here. The only furniture here is a small computer and desk... Everything else was destroyed when we escaped. " The scientist says and sighs. " Guess I have to go make a trip to the bank and go shopping then. "

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 09:23 PM
[Al's Home]

It was still sweet of you. She'll go to kiss his cheek. Can I come with you?

ApeofLight
2010-12-15, 09:28 PM
[Al's Home]

The scientist nods not reacting much to the kiss. " Yes, in fact I want you to help me pick everything out. I want this to feel like home. " You know, instead of some sort of creepy lab apartment thing.

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 09:49 PM
((Sorry about the sudden departure last night. My internet decided to suddenly quit on me.))

He'll be fine. He's got a healing spirit bound t a dagger.

Ivaz shrugs a little. Sure, why not. Got nothing better to do right now.[/COLOR]

((No worries. Mine's doing that today. :smallannoyed:))

Dani smiles a bit, straightening up. "Alright! Let's head to Trog's then! I'll even agree not to teleport us there this time." And she sticks her tongue out at Ivaz.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 10:23 PM
[Al's Home]

Okay then. This will be fun! Shopping together!

She seems excited by it.

ApeofLight
2010-12-15, 10:51 PM
[Al's Home]

" Well then, " Al holds out his arm for her to take." Do yo know of any good places to buy furniture and clothes? "

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 10:53 PM
[Al's Home]

Delta takes his arm. She thinks for a moment, then shakes her head.

Not really. I never did any furniture shopping around here.

ApeofLight
2010-12-15, 10:55 PM
[Al's Home]

Al hmm's at that. " Maybe the Mall has a furniture store. And then we can find a tailor or something. " Al suggests and then heads to inside.

...You want to post there first?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 10:59 PM
[Al's Home]

A tailor? Oh, right, maternity clothes.

((Uh, yeah, I guess. Gotta find it, though.

Crap. Can't find it. Can you?))

ApeofLight
2010-12-15, 11:05 PM
[Al's Home]

((It's the inside thread Kerfuffle <.< >.>))

Al pauses and then nods. " Well, yes. But like I said earlier just about everything was destroyed in the escape. "

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 11:40 PM
((*pokes Alexis and Ivaz*))

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 11:42 PM
((I was waiting for celtois to post first.))

Yeah, I'll take us.

The Bushranger
2010-12-15, 11:48 PM
((*pokes Alexis again then* :smalltongue:))

Dani giggles. "Awww. It isn't nearly so bad once you get used to it...but you always remember your first time." She smirks, slyly (and cutely). "So. Let's go!"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 11:50 PM
Yeah...let's just say I like to be in control of where I'm going. And of other things, as well.

She'll find a shadow on a wall and put her hand on it. Alright, everybody on the shadow express.

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 12:18 AM
Dani nods, and goes to 'climb aboard', as it were.

Presumably Alexis follows, as a deadtime zombie or otherwise.

Recaiden
2010-12-16, 01:39 PM

"Tavlii? Where did you go?" Marcie asks, slowly turning, and looking. And looking a little nervous to boot.

((Reposting, in case you missed it. :smallsmile:))

((I did miss it, sorry.))

There is no response. Just the rain starting up again.

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 01:55 PM
((No worries. I've done worse. :smallredface::smalltongue:))

Marcie looks around for a little while, growing more and more frantic. Before finally, looking completely panicked - and totally soaked to the skin - she rushes back in the direction of the bunker!

Recaiden
2010-12-16, 01:57 PM
((True :smalltongue:))

[ICB]

Plum will let Marcie inside. "He- what's wrong?"

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 02:14 PM
[ICB]

"Tavlii. She. She left. Vanish. One moment there, one, not," Marcie gasps out, looking at Plum frantically.

Val, for the record, is off inspecting airships or something. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2010-12-16, 02:17 PM
[ICB]

Plum looks worried. "Why? Did you do anything?"

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 02:30 PM
[ICB]

Marcie shakes her head.
No! We were laughing and teasing and I said she was funny for thinking leaves should be brushed and then she was gone!"

Recaiden
2010-12-16, 02:32 PM
[ICB]

"Brushing leaves?"

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 02:37 PM
[ICB]

"To clean them instead of the rain and all that but that no matter Tavlii's not here!" Marcie insists, growing more frantic again.

Recaiden
2010-12-16, 02:47 PM
[ICB]

"Okay. Well, let's see." Plum gets out a scanner and says. . ."She's at ...the temple of Inari?"

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 02:50 PM
[ICB]

Marcie blinks in surprise.

"You can...just like that...hmpf!"
Now she crosses her arms over her chest and, well, hmpf's. :smalltongue:
"You not tell me it that easy!"

Recaiden
2010-12-16, 02:52 PM
[ICB]

"We got trackers, just in case." Plum smiles at Marcie's upsetness.

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 02:55 PM
[ICB]

"Oh."
And Marcie's righteous indigniation slips out of her like a deflated balloon. :smalltongue:
"Is she OK? Can we get there?"

Recaiden
2010-12-16, 03:16 PM
[ICB]

"Probably. She's Tavlii, after all. We can get there, yes. Slowly."

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 03:19 PM
[ICB]

"Well, let's go!" Marcie insists. Before getting slimed by an inconvienent deadtime.

Recaiden
2010-12-16, 05:28 PM
Plum will follow Marcie to the boat and help paddle it back to the mainland.

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 05:37 PM
And off they go!

They could have asked Val to fly them, of course, but Marcie never even thought of it. :smalltongue:

celtois
2010-12-16, 07:45 PM
[A Field Near Machiavellian Manor ]

Trix and Xavier will find themselves in the midst of a rather Idyllic country setting. But something is distinctly different. The colours are more vivid, the world feels more alive and magical, they are in the midst of a small glade where a sparkling pond lies. All around them strange sounds echo. Birds that don't sound like birds, insects that just sound off. "Well here we are. See that place off in the distance? That's the target." He gestures to a huge mansion a ways off in the distance. It like the rest of the world is bright and colorful, and grandiose but something about it seems distinctly wrong even from a distance.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 07:59 PM
[A Field Near Machiavellian Manor]

She nods, staring at it. A place that big was bound to be trapped.

"Do you, um, know what dangers there might be?" she asks.

celtois
2010-12-16, 08:04 PM
[Mach House]

Trapped would be a good approximation... Might be an understatement. "Dangers? Well let me put it this way, the builder of this manor created it as a giant deathtrap to house his all his treasures. When our item came to the Nexus he grabbed it up before anyone else had a chance and hid it away. There will be a guards, but mostly just a ton of cunning traps. Both magical and mundane. So if you don't feel up to the challenge I'll see if we can find someone else who is." He seems pretty smug about the whole thing.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 08:24 PM
[Mach House]

Still staring at the house, she seems uncertain.

"Traps and magic?" she says, "I, uh... even minor magic is probably enough to, um, do some lastin' harm. Might be like throwin' a, you know, baby into a woodchipper?"

She shudders at the thought of having to enter the place with her already low resistance to magic.

celtois
2010-12-16, 08:27 PM
"Not traps and magic. Magical traps" Xaiver grins. "To be honest I'm really tempted to go check it out a bit more myself, if you think you'll need a hand." Xavier looks at her quizzically "Why traps not your thing?"

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 08:35 PM
"Magic is kinda... um, not good for me. Daddy always told me to, uh, you know, become a mage if I was all hypersensitive, but um, the last thing I wanted was to be, uh, near the stuff all the time."

She rubs one of her shoulders.

"Magical traps is just, um, uh... well pretty much all of them could probably kill me quicker than I would like. Don't even know why I'm tellin' you this. Best, um... best not to complain, right?"

She half-laughs with a nervous awkwardness.

celtois
2010-12-16, 08:43 PM
"Well our, mutual friend may not be the most forgiving of individuals he will accept it if you find yourself ill suited for a job. We'll just have to send a different agent in to collect all the lost treasures inside." Xavier smiles pleasantly, she might be able to tell he doesn't seem to really care one way or another about this whole mess. Who knows if that'll make her feel any better though. "We'll I suspect your telling me either because you trust me, hate my guts or realize it might be a way out of the mission, which would be suicidal for you to complete so you've said. Believe me I know, magic as useful as it is, is something I'd never want to dabble with."

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 08:52 PM
She seems a little conflicted about the whole thing - one one hand, treasures. On the other hand? Death.

She weighs the risk -> gain ratio. Was it worth it to risk her own hide for this? She didn't even really know the people she was working for, or why they wanted her to do this. Risking her life for someone she didn't even really know seemed... somewhat disproportionate to the profit gained.

She bites her lip. This would be the second job she'd decided not to do since she arrived at Inside, even if they didn't know about the other one. Not exactly best for a personal image. But then, neither was a charred and blackened corpse.

She gives Xavier a glance, but his look says it all. They really don't care what happens to her, do they? The realization is enough.

"I, um..." she begins, stammering. Then she takes a deep breath, closing her eyes.

They open, her features hardening.

"I'm not going to risk my neck for people who couldn't care less."

celtois
2010-12-16, 09:01 PM
"You can make your own decisions about if we care or not. I can promise you our friend doesn't care what happens to his agents besides the setbacks it would cost him. I'd be disappointed if you were to die, I'll admit. Which is why I don't really care one way or another about what you choose here." (Which was what the looked was more showing a lack of care for. :smalltongue: She could choose either way and he wouldn't care. ) He rolls his eyes "Though I suppose you are more then welcome to judge me. Heaven knows I judged you, which is why I put you up to that challenge earlier." Xavier pulls his hand out of his pocket revealing a ring just like Trixs. He twists it and begins to speak into it in a foreign tongue, he's speaking really fast too. "งานที่เป็นตัวแทนคุณออกไปได้ถูกดึงออกไปจากทักษะของเ ธอจะกำหนดไม่เป็นผลดีสำหรับการให้พอดีกับอันตรายที่เ กี่ยวข้องในงานนี้ อย่าตัดสินเธอรุนแรงเกินไปสำหรับเรื่องนี้ มันเป็นงานที่ยากลำบากในฤดูใบไม้ผลิจะเป็นมือให ม่. เค้าฉันรู้ว่าฉันจะไม่ต้องการที่จะเรียกคนที่การวางก ับดัก" Why in heavens name Xavier decided to explain himself and his motivations to her, was a mystery. Perhaps he wanted to prove there was human side to the organization, or to catch her off guard. It's hard to say.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 09:05 PM
"Well, Xavier," she continues, taking advantage of one of the brief moments she can speak smoothly, "You're the one that wanted me to live. Doin' this, is, uh, well it's not goin' to do that."

She waits, though, since she honestly has no idea where she is right now in relation to anything else.

celtois
2010-12-16, 09:10 PM
"Very well then. So you know. Your off the hook for the job." Seems whatever he said into the ring convinced The Nightingale of that. "We may have another job for you at some point. If you ever want to work for us a again." He shrugs before lightening up considerably and starting to chuckle after he thinks about how he told her to live the in the tavern. He will then work on producing the magical ball once again "Ready to go back?"

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 09:15 PM
She nods, not saying anything more until they've gone back.

celtois
2010-12-16, 09:16 PM
*Bamf*

and back they go to Trogs.

He he.. My sneaky language ninja skills beat ya! :smalltongue:

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-17, 07:23 PM
[the flesh mansion]

This is an isolated, large, and impressive house outside of the city. Large walls with spikes, and powerful wards deter most thieves, and the fact that no-one has ever returned from breaking in does the rest. Those who've played. VtM Bloodlines know whats coming ...

Alex leads it's thrall, and the annoying shadow thing most likely, to the front gateway