PDA

View Full Version : Forum rules question-advertising

Ilmryn
2010-12-10, 10:30 PM
I play an online game that rewards players for inviting friends to the game. To make the story short, I want to sig the invite link in order to get people to join. The game in question is League of Legends (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/). Would this be allowed?

You may always advertise or link to works of art online, such as other webcomics, fiction sites, music sites, or anything else that generates original artistic content—even if that site also makes a profit off of that work. We don't want the rules against advertising to prevent people from discovering new creative works that they will love, and we don't want to penalize artists for trying to make a living off of their work. However, if a site only resells creative work and does not have any of that work available online, then it is primarily a commercial site and cannot be advertised here.

According to this, what I propose to do falls under the linking to a site producing original content, but I want to ask just to make sure.

Roland St. Jude
2010-12-10, 10:41 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: I'm not so sure that's what we have in mind as original artistic content, but we'll look into it.