PDA

View Full Version : Woo. Polymorph question.

Magic Myrmidon
2010-12-11, 02:17 AM
Let's say I have a 7th level wizard who can cast fly and polymorph. He casts fly on himself and flies around for a while. Then let's say he casts polymorph on himself, turning into a hydra. Would he be a flying seven headed hydra until either spell ends? Or in the case of a pyrohydra, would he be a flying hydra with flame breathing heads?

Because that would be awesome.

bannable
2010-12-11, 02:22 AM
Yes. And yes, it is.

JaronK
2010-12-11, 04:43 AM
Yes, but since he's not a pirate and not riding a motorcycle, it's not sufficiently awesome.

JaronK

J.Gellert
2010-12-11, 04:57 AM
But with Stilled/Silenced spells, he can probably be a magical hydra too :smallcool:

TroubleBrewing
2010-12-11, 05:17 AM
Yes, and things like this are one of the three reasons my players are afraid to use anything with "polymorph" in it's name. (The other two are 1) because I'm more creative than they are and 2) because I play by the "you don't use it, and I won't use it against you" policy.)

FelixG
2010-12-11, 05:35 AM
Yes, and things like this are one of the three reasons my players are afraid to use anything with "polymorph" in it's name. (The other two are 1) because I'm more creative than they are and 2) because I play by the "you don't use it, and I won't use it against you" policy.)

haha I like these.

Keeps the players from starting an arms race because the GM can use those weapons in a much more sexy fashion than they can (most of the time)

J.Gellert
2010-12-11, 05:49 AM
Too true... All this time playing Mutants & Masterminds has taught me that. This should be rule 0 of D&D; "Do not do unto your DM as you would not have him do to you".

Hm, no. Not taught me. Taught my players. :smallcool: