PDA

View Full Version : What are the planer based spell casting classes?

akma
2010-12-11, 11:19 AM
I`m thinking of building sort of a planer wizard base class, and I wondered if there is already such a thing, and what are the existing planer energy based spellcasters (I`m sure there are some) which I could take inspiration from.

P.S. Also, does it sound like it should be a divine caster? I`m going to do versions of both anyways.

Greenish
2010-12-11, 11:31 AM
Faiths of Eberron has the infamous Planar Shepherd PrC.

Manual of the Planes (3.0) and Planar Handbook have PrCs too, but I don't think either has base classes for it.

Claudius Maximus
2010-12-11, 12:08 PM
Clerics can take planar domains, which count as two domains at once. Some might say this implies the plane is their power source.

Arcane_Secrets
2010-12-11, 02:02 PM
Faiths of Eberron has the infamous Planar Shepherd PrC.

Manual of the Planes (3.0) and Planar Handbook have PrCs too, but I don't think either has base classes for it.

Manual of the Planes has the Planeshifter in it, which might be useful. I'll look in Planar Handbook later.

Psyren
2010-12-11, 02:27 PM
Psionics has the Planar Vanguard (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20031219a) - 3.0 but easily converted, since the prereqs were converted as well. (9/10 manifesting)

For the other classes, Planar Handbook has Planar Sub levels for most of them with neat benefits. Planar Sorcerer is one of my favorites, for the early access to Fiendblooded.