PDA

View Full Version : M&M Question (Immunity to perception ranged attacks)

Aeromyre
2010-12-11, 09:00 PM
I just got 5 Power points for my Mutants and Masterminds character
This is the second adventure we've done,
The main villian (other than myself muhahahha) had a ranged perception power
I am a high defense character so it was easy to breach my toughness

So would it be legal to have an immunity to Ranged Perception powers? and how much would it cost? I'm guessing 5 points

Thanks

Eurus
2010-12-11, 09:03 PM
It would be kind of weird to take immunity to a specific range class of powers... not sure how you'd explain that. o_0

The Rose Dragon
2010-12-11, 09:05 PM
Get concealment to all his senses. That's the only way you can get immunity to Perception range.

Tengu_temp
2010-12-11, 10:50 PM
You can just take immunity to this specific power the villain is using. That'd be a lot cheaper. Your DM will probably require justification for it, but it's same deal with immunity to all perception-range powers.

Da Beast
2010-12-12, 12:02 AM
Technically you can get immunity to whatever your GM will allow you to buy it for. That being said, immunity based on a powers range is highly nonsensical and immunities should really be based off of descriptors (magic, cosmic, electricity, etc.). The cost for a nonstandard immunity such as "perception range powers" would have to be adjudicated by the GM.

hiryuu
2010-12-12, 05:03 AM
What others have said. However, it'd most likely be at least 10, considering the examples given in the book. Did you trade off more than 5 points of Toughness to get a Defense in excess of +15?

J.Gellert
2010-12-12, 05:10 AM
Get concealment or, if you want to get creative, a cheap cloning power and make the bad guy waste the perception-range power on your clone(s) while you pummel him.

...which is arguably a little more useful because even if the DM lets you buy complete immunity, said bad guy can still mess up your friends.

(Can I assume you care about your party? The evil laughter might mean otherwise :smalltongue:)

Aeromyre
2010-12-18, 07:20 PM
What others have said. However, it'd most likely be at least 10, considering the examples given in the book. Did you trade off more than 5 points of Toughness to get a Defense in excess of +15?

Yes lol
I am impossiblly hard to hit, but really easy to hurt
I have 30 defense and 0 toughness
I went munchkin with this character
Usually I perfer High tougness but i have had 2 high toughness characters and no high defense

I have concealment 5 with the close range power feat

Eurus
2010-12-18, 07:36 PM
Yes lol
I am impossiblly hard to hit, but really easy to hurt
I have 30 defense and 0 toughness
I went munchkin with this character
Usually I perfer High tougness but i have had 2 high toughness characters and no high defense

I have concealment 5 with the close range power feat

Ah. Didn't realize that your DM/fellow players ignore the normal trade-off limits.

Zergrusheddie
2010-12-19, 01:50 AM
I built a Speedster like that. Massively difficult to hit but one hit was a kill. From my experience, it is not nearly as powerful as maxed toughness because 20's always hit.

Anyhoo, I got around Perception based talents with Concealment. I got the DM to go with a Flaw that made me visible but not target-able. I think I called it Displacement and the fluff was that I was essentially doing what the Agents in the Matrix did; you know that they are there but you still can't hit them easily. Only problem is if the DM throws a villain at you that took Improved Sense (Tactile) and pumps up the range. Only Insubstantial can protect against that.