PDA

View Full Version : Custom Avatar: How do I make it a link and not an image?

cho_j
2010-12-11, 10:43 PM
Hi Playgrounders,

I would really love to set my icon on here to be the same one I use on an art site, Tegaki. But the problem is, I can't figure out how to make the picture into a URL. I can certainly drag it off the page and make it into an image on my desktop, but as far as I can tell, in order to make it my icon on this site, I need a URL that links to the image. How do I do that?

Thanks,
Cho

Mauve Shirt
2010-12-11, 10:45 PM
You'll want to create an account on photobucket or imageshack or similar, and upload your picture there. :smallsmile:

cho_j
2010-12-11, 10:46 PM
You'll want to create an account on photobucket or imageshack or similar, and upload your picture there. :smallsmile:

WOW, Mauve Shirt, you are FAST. Thank you for the advice! Though, what happens if (as seems to be the case with that kind of site) the link goes dead?

Serpentine
2010-12-11, 10:53 PM
If you're hosting it on your own Photobucket or (I presume) Imageshack, it shouldn't. Not unless you move it, delete it or (I think) go over your space allowance.

cho_j
2010-12-11, 11:20 PM
If you're hosting it on your own Photobucket or (I presume) Imageshack, it shouldn't. Not unless you move it, delete it or (I think) go over your space allowance.

Ah, wonderful, thank you! I am using imageshack, as it happens.