PDA

View Full Version : Maneuvers/Stances for an Intimidater

Ryu_Bonkosi
2010-12-12, 12:48 AM
Hello there playgrounders. I am going to be playing a build that revolves around Intimidating. With this build I picked up 2 levels of Swordsage and me being one who never really used ToB, I was wondering what the best set of Maneuvers and Stances I could take would be. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

AslanCross
2010-12-12, 02:16 AM
ToB doesn't really have much support for intimidating, especially for a Swordsage. Usually the crusader and warblade are built with better Charisma. The only maneuver I know that deals with fear is Fountain of Blood (Tiger Claw 4) which you can get.

Alternatively, you could focus on the very obscure Duel of Wills mechanic also introduced in ToB and pick up the feat Unnerving Calm, which allows you to use your concentration check for your Duel of Wills instead. Of course, Diamond Mind maneuvers are the way to go if you choose to go that way. Unnerving Calm also opens up to the tactical feat Perfect Clarity of Mind and Body, which IMO is the second most useful tactical feat in the book (behind Stormguard Warrior of course).