PDA

View Full Version : True Necromancer...with 9th level spells?(Opinions?)

Maho-Tsukai
2010-12-12, 05:37 PM
I will admit, I have played a True Necromancer once before. I know, I know, people say it's stinky. However, with a little bit of creativity it can actually be made to work, in a messed up way. You will not, sadly, have 9ths on both sides. However, you can get 9ths on one side if you build it right. The build I used is Wizard 3/Cloistered Cleric 1/Mystic Theurge 2/True Necromancer 14. The build in question uses alternate source spell for early entry into MT and also takes the academic priest feat at 1st level. Basicly, due to the academic priest feat you can focus the build completely on intelligence and thus have no MAD.(Academic priest makes your cleric casting stat int for everything except DCs, which remain based on wisdom) While this DOSE mean you will have stinky cleric DCs your cleric side is not going to be used for that. Instead your cleric side is used for desecrating, animating, buffing, utility and generally anything that dose not rely on saves. Your wizard side is what is used for spells with saves.

Basically, long story short, by the end of this build you will have 9th level wizard spells and 8th level cleric spells, which is a bit better then 8th level spells on both sides. CL is no issue as Practiced spellcaster for cleric side and wizard side allow you to cast as a 19th level cleric and a full level 20 wizard. Thus, I want to know opinions on this build. Dose it make the True Necromancer better or at the least suck less? Or dose it still suck beyond salvation even if it gets 9ths on the wizard end? I want general opinions and discussion on this build idea...so yeah.