PDA

View Full Version : Crusader Feats

molten_dragon
2010-12-12, 06:00 PM
I'm starting a level one crusader for a new campaign. The character will eventually go crusader 4/cleric1/ruby knight vindicator 10/crusader 5. I'm a dwarf, so I get a single feat at 1st level. Any suggestions on what it should be? I'm considering maybe extra granted maneuver, or adaptive style. Also perhaps protection devotion. I'm really not sure though.

I want to play a paladin-like holy-warrior type character if it helps. I have access to pretty much any book, with the exception of the campaign setting specific ones.

Thanks.

Edit: Oh, also, I can choose from the following domains when I pick up my cleric level. Any suggestions on what to pick?

Dwarf
Creation
Metal
Law
Good
Protection
Earth

GoodbyeSoberDay
2010-12-12, 06:17 PM
Swapping out Law for Law devotion can lead to good times, though multiple uses get expensive.

As far as feats go, Stone Power is quite good at low-ish levels (and remains useful thereafter), and Extra Granted Maneuver is good on any Crusader. If you're going lockdown (a Crusader specialty), starting the Combat Reflexes/Combat Expertise/Improved Trip route might be worthwhile, assuming you have some dexterity. Combat reflexes is better at level 1, since one-shotting enemies is better than tripping them anyway. Ultimately I'd recommend Extra Granted Maneuver, since it's the most likely to be useful in all combat scenarios.

I assume your DM doesn't allow flaws. This is fair. If he does, take them, and get more of these feats.

SurlySeraph
2010-12-12, 06:32 PM
I second all of the above. Earth Devotion is also useful for battlefield control.

vindicatorex
2010-12-12, 06:50 PM
poor wee jas. another re-skinning of her ruby knight windic.. um yes, i agree with goodbye. id also add the feat "robilar's gambit" for later levels if going the com reflexes route.

i like the metal domain if you can get your dm to allow greathorn greathammers (monster manual IV, pg. 100). take that as your preferred hammer and go places. love that thing.

ArcanistSupreme
2010-12-12, 09:16 PM
The Tome of Battle for Dummies (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?PHPSESSID=mpu73acvrjam0u43c0b5fui2l3&topic=357.0) has some excellent suggestions for Crusader feats.