PDA

View Full Version : Gestalting with leShay <3.5>

Tokuhara
2010-12-13, 12:07 AM
Okay, yes. leShay are epic monsters with free weapons and oodles of SLAs, so what class works well with their power. The party needs a 5th wheel bad. We have:

Ghostwise Halfling Ninja/Assassin//Wilderness Rogue/Invisible Blade (uses bladed nunchucks)

Warforged Monk/Fist of the Forest//Knight/Purple Dragon Knight (uses a Greatsword with Unorthodox Flurry)

Aquatic Half-Elf Wizard/Frost Mage//Soulknife/Cryokineticist (uses an Ice Longsword)

Human Cleric of Pelor(Burning Hate)/Radiant Servant of Pelor//Bard/Dirgesinger (Uses a Guitar. No, really)

The Glyphstone
2010-12-13, 12:09 AM
Kensai. Make your free racial weapons even crazier.

Tokuhara
2010-12-13, 12:11 AM
Kensai. Make your free racial weapons even crazier.

I understand kensai, but what base class?

I'm mostly looking for ways to deal rediculous damage as fast as possible

Keinnicht
2010-12-13, 01:24 AM
I understand kensai, but what base class?

I'm mostly looking for ways to deal rediculous damage as fast as possible

A LeShay probably meets all the requirements to become a kensai without having any class levels.

Tokuhara
2010-12-13, 01:39 AM
A LeShay probably meets all the requirements to become a kensai without having any class levels.

again, this is gestalt. It'd look like this:

LeShay 20//X/Kensai 10

senrath
2010-12-13, 01:59 AM
Except it'd look more like leShay 50//Whatever 50. This is ignoring the fact that they have no listed LA, meaning they're really not supposed to be used as a PC race.

Tokuhara
2010-12-13, 02:02 AM
Except it'd look more like leShay 50//Whatever 50. This is ignoring the fact that they have no listed LA, meaning they're really not supposed to be used as a PC race.

The DM set leShay up for 28 monster levels, so I think the campaign would end by 15th level

senrath
2010-12-13, 02:05 AM
I was just going by the fact that the leShay has 50 RHD, so by RAW you'd have to be level 50 in gestalt to play one, since you hadn't given any indication that things had been altered (although by RAW you can't really play one, anyway, since they have no LA).

Mystic Muse
2010-12-13, 02:24 AM
The DM set leShay up for 28 monster levels, so I think the campaign would end by 15th level

Unless the DM changes the rules on this one, I don't think you can run the same class on both sides of gestalt.

This is ignoring the fact that the homebrew monsters in the thread you put the homebrew leshay up in, don't often go above level 20. When they do, it generally take a long time for the class to get approved.

So, unless this game begins in a couple of months, I wouldn't count on using the Leshay monster class as a level 28 class.

When does the game begin by the way?

absolmorph
2010-12-13, 03:07 AM
Unless the DM changes the rules on this one, I don't think you can run the same class on both sides of gestalt.

This is ignoring the fact that the homebrew monsters in the thread you put the homebrew leshay up in, don't often go above level 20. When they do, it generally take a long time for the class to get approved.

So, unless this game begins in a couple of months, I wouldn't count on using the Leshay monster class as a level 28 class.

When does the game begin by the way?
You missed something: that's how his DM set up the class. He just shared it.

Mystic Muse
2010-12-13, 03:09 AM
You missed something: that's how his DM set up the class. He just shared it.

He never actually said that which is why I brought it up.

Going to go to bed now. Will respond to stuff tomorrow.

Tokuhara
2010-12-13, 10:43 AM
He went by CR so it would be more playable. Granted, they get their best features at first level (Weapons, superior twf), there's still a lot you can get. Plus, I love leShay. They are enigmatic, overly powerful, and most importantly, just plain cool.

Considering I get a lot of Charisma, would going Samurai (CW) actually become viable in this rare case, considering the TWF Samurai from CW does amplify my weapons and make me better at absorbing damage?

The Glyphstone
2010-12-13, 11:05 AM
Whaaaat? The only thing CW Samurai gets regarding Charisma is a weak Ki Smite. They get nothing regarding TWF that the LeShay doesn't already get a better version of.

Tokuhara
2010-12-13, 11:11 AM
Whaaaat? The only thing CW Samurai gets regarding Charisma is a weak Ki Smite. They get nothing regarding TWF that the LeShay doesn't already get a better version of.

Well, I think I need to explain:

The party recently lost its Shaman (me). I was a Half-Orc Half-Ogre shaman (took 1LA, but still was a force to be reckoned with) in a fight with Winged Drow, who just flat-out poisoned him to death, though I sacrificed myself so the party could escape a TPK. The gods, who sided with us, removed my character's soul and put it in a dead leShay (DM's doings for my character's noble sacrifice.) Now, I need to pick the new class, so I can run the character effectively. DM has allowed me to gestalt, since I have to take 28 monster levels. I will be 9th, the party 7th (since I take the leShay's "character levels")

Flickerdart
2010-12-13, 11:34 AM
Wait, so not only are you gestalting with an Epic race, you're also 2 levels ahead of the party?

Tokuhara
2010-12-13, 11:45 AM
Wait, so not only are you gestalting with an Epic race, you're also 2 levels ahead of the party?

Not by choice. DM asked me what my favorite monster is, and I said leShay, simply because they are all the traits I said above. I had no clue that I'd wind up PLAYING one.

And the 2 levels is entirely for my sacrifice.

Flickerdart
2010-12-13, 11:47 AM
In that case I suggest you go Monk, just so that you don't end up overshadowing everyone forevermore.

Tokuhara
2010-12-13, 12:03 PM
In that case I suggest you go Monk, just so that you don't end up overshadowing everyone forevermore.

so suck to not overshadow the party.

The Shadowmind
2010-12-13, 12:32 PM
If you are using the leShay's your stat modifiers you would have:
Str+10, Dex +34, Con +26, Int +26,Wis +12, Cha +36.

That is more than enough stats for the MAD that is monk has.
If you went with the leShay's stats you would have an +6 armor from the Monk Wis to AC, +5 from natural armor, and +17 from Dex.

Even if you aren't use the stat modifiers for the sake of fairness the leShay till has:
A base speed of 40ft.
Superior two-weapon fighting,
DR 15/epic and cold iron,
elf traits, immune to poison and disease, low-light vision,
SR 42(probably should be lowered due to less HD),
fast healing 10

And these as at will Spell-like abilities.:

detect thoughts, (meh)
disguise self, (meh)
displacement, (decent)
freedom, (good)
greater dispel magic, (good)
heal, (great)
greater invisibility, (okay till See invisibility becomes expected)
knock, (lockpicks are for the weak)
speak with plants, (meh)
spell turning, (good)
greater teleport, (good)
water breathing (meh)

true_shinken
2010-12-13, 01:06 PM
Ghostwise Halfling Ninja/Assassin//Wilderness Rogue/Invisible Blade (uses bladed nunchucks)

http://media.photobucket.com/image/Swordchucks%20yo/Mindshred/Random/SwordChucks.jpg
Talk about awesome but impractical (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AwesomeButImpractical)...

The Glyphstone
2010-12-13, 01:09 PM
Well, I think I need to explain:

The party recently lost its Shaman (me). I was a Half-Orc Half-Ogre shaman (took 1LA, but still was a force to be reckoned with) in a fight with Winged Drow, who just flat-out poisoned him to death, though I sacrificed myself so the party could escape a TPK. The gods, who sided with us, removed my character's soul and put it in a dead leShay (DM's doings for my character's noble sacrifice.) Now, I need to pick the new class, so I can run the character effectively. DM has allowed me to gestalt, since I have to take 28 monster levels. I will be 9th, the party 7th (since I take the leShay's "character levels")

That wasn't the confusion - you said

Considering I get a lot of Charisma, would going Samurai (CW) actually become viable in this rare case, considering the TWF Samurai from CW does amplify my weapons and make me better at absorbing damage?

Which makes less than zero sense, since CW's Samurai...has nothing even remotely related to what you seem to be describing as class features.

BeholderSlayer
2010-12-13, 01:33 PM
Leshay//Commoner. You'll still be about as good as everyone else, more likely better. :smalltongue:

Sir Swindle89
2010-12-13, 01:58 PM
Ok so logistics about the entire premis aside. You could do a Warblade or Swordsage up till Kensai(A really good suggestion)

Or say screw it and go fighter/barbarian get some feats and rage while DWing your brilliant energy bastard swords. Remember to power attack!

kestrel404
2010-12-13, 03:32 PM
OK, so you're gestalting Fey HD on one side (ignoring any bonuses you may be getting), which gives you poor BAB, good Ref and Will saves, and good skills. Anything beyond that is gravy.

On the other side, you want something to boost the power of your weapon, probably good BAB and a good fort save. You're going to end up with loads of Charisma. The obvious answer is Paladin. You can probably also do better than Kensai for a prestige class.

gorfnab
2010-12-13, 05:48 PM
Paladin X/ Crusader X/ Ruby Knight Vindicator X

Crusader 5/ Hellreaver 10/ Crusader X - maybe throw in Paladin 2 for Cha to saving throws