PDA

View Full Version : [Vid] Video game collision: OOC

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 01:41 AM
Plot:
A villain named DARKFIEND is trying to use the power of the MCGUFFINSTONES to destroy the world! The benevolent LIGHT has gathered heroes from other universes to heed the call! Is you an adventurer?
World map V1:
http://i862.photobucket.com/albums/ab183/lordpringle/Vid1.png?t=1292221385
Character registry form:
Name:
Genre of video game:
Power level:
Description:
Cel's list:

Who: What sort of characters do you want to see in your world.
-Character creation sheet
It never hurts to have one pre-designed for your universe
See the spoiler above this one
-Special rules unique to your universe related to characters
Are all characters Velociraptors? Is divine magic allowed, etc.
anything you have must be related to your game. A puzzle character (probably) wouldn't be armed to the teeth for example.
-Feel, what sort of feel do you want with the characters is this a more serious universe where tragic characters would be welcomed or would you like more comedic characters to inhabit your new universe
COMEDY!
Where: So what exactly is this world of yours?
- Obviously where is is set? A small border kingdom in the middle of nowhere?A giant demiplane that is a huge gladiatorial arena, a space tricycle?
-A generic adventure game overworld map that floats on infinite turtles.
-Is there a particular genre that it fits in? Or is it like the nexus a big wobbley blend of genres
Comedic video game parody
-On a broader level what are the basic understandings of the world and it's history.
Depends on the character and their genre savvyness
When: When is this when is that, and so forth?
-When is the time period, is this the age of steampunk. A primeval world, or somewhere in the future? Medieval magic world with ZEPPELINS!
-When is it in the course of history, is there anything important that happened before the current time period that the players aught to know.
about a year ago DARKFIEND appeared and constructed his palace of EEEVIL
How:
-So just how are the characters involved in your story, or the world?
the world really
-Why are they needed?
if they don't help DARKFIEND will take over the world!
-What are the characters going to be doing?
Fighting DARKFIEND, finding the MCGUFFIN stones, and interacting with each other in cutscenes!

The meta game aspect

What:
-What makes your universe stand out, how is it unique?
Why would I choose your universe over on of the countless other ones.
want video gamey funny stuff come here. Want to parody JRPGs? Come here. Want to do some satire with video games? Come here.
-What ooc assumptions are being made in your universe? Are there rules that all the characters are too follow. A storyteller or do all the stories originate from the players themselves.
there will be a main plot but character groups will be free to go on their own subplots and optional dungeons.
-Does your world have a story? If so what does the conclusion of it mean.
SEQUEL GAME!

What says the FFRP sector about playing?

celtois
2010-12-13, 09:58 AM
So, uh what would make this different then just a dedicated plawt run in the Nexus? :smalltongue:

Since I imagine you'd still get the same wide variety of characters. You could even have the entrance point be some abandoned arcade that when you start a machine you get pulled into the game and you have to beat it to escape.

Right now it looks more like a neat plawt idea then a entire universe. Especially since there is a defined end point for it.

Just my 2 cents.

Viera Champion
2010-12-13, 06:14 PM
So, uh what would make this different then just a dedicated plawt run in the Nexus? :smalltongue:

Since I imagine you'd still get the same wide variety of characters. You could even have the entrance point be some abandoned arcade that when you start a machine you get pulled into the game and you have to beat it to escape.

Right now it looks more like a neat plawt idea then a entire universe. Especially since there is a defined end point for it.

Just my 2 cents.

Yes because that doesn't sound exactly like Tron.:smalltongue:

zyborg
2010-12-13, 06:23 PM
This sounds cool. Do we choose a character from a specific game? If so, I'd like to be Toad from Wario's Woods. If I have to make a unique character, I'd like to be a puzzle-genre character.

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 08:34 PM

Just my 2 cents.
But then we wouldn't get the same video gamey feel I'm going for.

Yes because that doesn't sound exactly like Tron.:smalltongue:
Never actually seen that.

This sounds cool. Do we choose a character from a specific game? If so, I'd like to be Toad from Wario's Woods. If I have to make a unique character, I'd like to be a puzzle-genre character.

Unique character, please. Could I know a bit more then just what genre?

Viera Champion
2010-12-13, 08:35 PM
Never actually seen that.

Neither have I.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-13, 08:36 PM
It wasn't very good...

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 08:38 PM
Neither have I.

It wasn't very good...

Either of you going to join? If not then out of mah thread! *grabs shotgun*

Viera Champion
2010-12-13, 08:38 PM
Either of you going to join? If not then out of mah thread! *grabs shotgun*

I'm thinking about it! Don't pressure me...

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 08:40 PM
I'm thinking about it! Don't pressure me...

Join us! Roland loves you! *creepy grin* Roland loves you!

celtois
2010-12-13, 08:44 PM
For the reasons I stated about. I think it would work much better as a plot rather then a universe. Gamey feel being installed easily in a plot atmosphere through some slick DMing. So I certainly won't be joining. I wish you luck however.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-13, 08:45 PM
Depends on the finer details worked out in the future.

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 08:46 PM
Depends on the finer details worked out in the future.
what does?:smallconfused:

IcemanJRC
2010-12-13, 08:47 PM
My joining of this.

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 08:48 PM
Which fine details my fine friend?

IcemanJRC
2010-12-13, 08:49 PM
Mainly the number of other people who join and whether or not it is made into a Nexus plot.

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 08:50 PM
Mainly the number of other people who join and whether or not it is made into a Nexus plot.

Ah. Well I don't want this to be nexus'd so...

IcemanJRC
2010-12-13, 08:53 PM
Then if a few more people show up I might, I haven't thought of my other plans, but I think I will.

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 08:54 PM
Then if a few more people show up I might, I haven't thought of my other plans, but I think I will.

Awesome. *Brings net and pokey stick*

celtois
2010-12-13, 08:56 PM
Just going to point this out.

Stuff to be thought about. Since there is a defined plot, stopping Mr. Evil baddy dude. Will that be run by you? Or do you intend to just have players running about willy nilly trying to find ways to advance the goal?

What are you doing to do once they succeed? Close up the universe? Come up with a new plot?

What makes it special or unique?

Any particular hour rules to make it more video gamey? Life bars? Multiple lifes? Menu and inventory?

As it stands we have next to no knowledge on any of these points.

If you want I can draft a full list of questions for you to answer to help flesh it out and possibly get interest. But I think these would be a good starting point for figuring out more about it. Especially what makes it special.

Beans
2010-12-13, 08:58 PM
Paaaarrrrrt of me is thinking of joining as some sort of weird idea combining bits of Power Rangers ("it's morphin' time!") and a general spread of JRPG stuff. And my own weirdness.

So... a gal with purple hair and an eyepatch who can access her wacky abilities and a different costume by use of a dealio on her wrist.

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 08:59 PM
Just going to point this out.

Stuff to be thought about. Since there is a defined plot, stopping Mr. Evil baddy dude. Will that be run by you? Or do you intend to just have players running about willy nilly trying to find ways to advance the goal?

What are you doing to do once they succeed? Close up the universe? Come up with a new plot?

What makes it special or unique?

Any particular hour rules to make it more video gamey? Life bars? Multiple lifes? Menu and inventory?

As it stands we have next to no knowledge on any of these points.

If you want I can draft a full list of questions for you to answer to help flesh it out and possibly get interest. But I think these would be a good starting point for figuring out more about it. Especially what makes it special.

could you get the full list? Thanks Ceily for not just ignoring this!:smallsmile:

Paaaarrrrrt of me is thinking of joining as some sort of weird idea combining bits of Power Rangers ("it's morphin' time!") and a general spread of JRPG stuff. And my own weirdness.

So... a gal with purple hair and an eyepatch who can access her wacky abilities and a different costume by use of a dealio on her wrist.

Hell. Yes.

celtois
2010-12-13, 09:30 PM
Universe Creation list:

Property of Celtois Corp ©

The W's

Who: What sort of characters do you want to see in your world.
-Character creation sheet
It never hurts to have one pre-designed for your universe
-Special rules unique to your universe related to characters
Are all characters Velociraptors? Is divine magic allowed, etc.
-Feel, what sort of feel do you want with the characters is this a more serious universe where tragic characters would be welcomed or would you like more comedic characters to inhabit your new universe

Where: So what exactly is this world of yours?
- Obviously where is is set? A small border kingdom in the middle of nowhere?A giant demiplane that is a huge gladiatorial arena, a space tricycle?
-Is there a particular genre that it fits in? Or is it like the nexus a big wobbley blend of genres
-On a broader level what are the basic understandings of the world and it's history.

When: When is this when is that, and so forth?
-When is the time period, is this the age of steampunk. A primeval world, or somewhere in the future?
-When is it in the course of history, is there anything important that happened before the current time period that the players aught to know.

How:
-So just how are the characters involved in your story, or the world?
-Why are they needed?
-What are the characters going to be doing?

The meta game aspect

What:
-What makes your universe stand out, how is it unique?
Why would I choose your universe over on of the countless other ones.
-What ooc assumptions are being made in your universe? Are there rules that all the characters are too follow. A storyteller or do all the stories originate from the players themselves.
-Does your world have a story? If so what does the conclusion of it mean.

(As sick as I am of the shear ridiculous number of universes I do like to see them succeed so no problem.)

(P.S. this is by no means a complete list. It is however a list of important questions. One that will be expanded on. You by no means have to answer all the questions but I'd say if possible make sure to answer the OOC part )

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 09:36 PM
It wasn't very good...

...*glare*...

Anywho, sounds interesting. I think I'll join up. Just need to make a character now...

Hey, quick question, turn based fighting?

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 10:30 PM
...*glare*...

Anywho, sounds interesting. I think I'll join up. Just need to make a character now...

Hey, quick question, turn based fighting?

'm not sure. up to you guys I guess. Celi's list will be added to OP with answers.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 10:32 PM
'm not sure. up to you guys I guess. Celi's list will be added to OP with answers.

Just wondering, cause it'd be funny to have a guy from a turn-based game in a fight with real-time peoples.

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 10:33 PM
Just wondering, cause it'd be funny to have a guy from a turn-based game in a fight with real-time peoples.

Well since this is going to be for laughs... it's based on your genre.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 10:35 PM
Argh! How are they getting so many turns?

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 10:38 PM
Argh! How are they getting so many turns?

Exacatactly. Maybe they're hacking?

Gimliggamer
2010-12-13, 10:38 PM
la la loo. What to do. Guess I'll make an RPG character. Time to go rip something off of Dragon Age make a completely original idea......>.>

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 10:39 PM
la la loo. What to do. Guess I'll make an RPG character. Time to go rip something off of Dragon Age make a completely original idea......>.>

I will also steal from Fire Emblem make a new character.

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 10:41 PM
when I see your ideas I can give them the http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/22/seal-of-approval.jpg

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 11:03 PM
Cel's list is up...

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-13, 11:04 PM
...your pun...it hurts me so...

lord pringle
2010-12-13, 11:05 PM
'M actually trying to get that on a stamp:smallsmile:
EDIT: character sheets filled anyone?

Mina Kobold
2010-12-14, 10:31 AM
Might join, I'm thinking either a fighting game character or a cutesy platform character...

Maybe a cutesy fighting game character! Like the panda and Kangaroo from Tekken, except cuter and more badass adorable!

Sounds good? :smallsmile:

Beans
2010-12-14, 11:19 AM
Name: Zemi
Genre of video game: Sorta... JRPG... meets Power Rangers almost... She's an alchemist pirate Power Ranger.
Power level: Dunno...
Description
Race: Human-ish
Appearance: http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1012/d14/1011/84ee648.png In her normal form.
Her powered-up form is a combination of pirate and pimp; indigo swooshy frock coat, violet vest, black bell-bottoms with silver trim, and neon purple boots. And the hat, the black bicorn (worn with the points forward and back instead of on the sides) with big swooshy neon blue feathers. Awesome.
Weapons and Abilities: Some alchemical abilities, mostly based on air and uranium. Stuff like "blast of air" or "radioactive strike". Anything really powerful is limited to her Ultraviolet Pirate mode.
Weapon is this staff. (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Beans-tastic/g5399.png)

IcemanJRC
2010-12-14, 05:42 PM
Alright, I'll play it, thinking a strategy game comander type...

The Alexandrian
2010-12-14, 06:26 PM
I'm game.
(It's not funny *throws rotten maximum tomato*.)

I think I will base my character over a mixture of Luigi, Link, and Guybrush Threepwood.

It might be cool to have the character have Link's abilities all gone wrong.
For instance, he would have the ability to only speak in grunts and shouts that don't even remotely sound like words unless he splits into four people through the use of a four-swords type item which causes his personalities to seperate. One would be a pyromaniac and megalomaniac, another would be an idiot, the other would be a depressed guy, and the final split would be a hyper kid. He might also have a sword.

He would, mainly, have the fighting capabilities of Luigi and the ability to jump for a distance and punch bricks and gain powers by touching things. He would also be dressed in green and totally try to squeeze down any pipes that he finds.

This character would also have the ability to hold his breath for a long time like Guybrush while possessing his zany problem solving skills. He would also get involved in strange situations like Guybrush would and the game he came from would feature a zombie ghost pirate he was attempting to foil.

Does this seem like a good idea for a satire, or is it too zany or not zany enough?

lord pringle
2010-12-14, 10:38 PM
Might join, I'm thinking either a fighting game character or a cutesy platform character...

Maybe a cutesy fighting game character! Like the panda and Kangaroo from Tekken, except cuter and more badass adorable!

Sounds good? :smallsmile:
sounds awesome.

Name: Zemi
Genre of video game: Sorta... JRPG... meets Power Rangers almost... She's an alchemist pirate Power Ranger.
Power level: Dunno...
Description
Race: Human-ish
Appearance: http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1012/d14/1011/84ee648.png In her normal form.
Her powered-up form is a combination of pirate and pimp; indigo swooshy frock coat, violet vest, black bell-bottoms with silver trim, and neon purple boots. And the hat, the black bicorn (worn with the points forward and back instead of on the sides) with big swooshy neon blue feathers. Awesome.
Weapons and Abilities: Some alchemical abilities, mostly based on air and uranium. Stuff like "blast of air" or "radioactive strike". Anything really powerful is limited to her Ultraviolet Pirate mode.
Weapon is this staff. (http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Beans-tastic/g5399.png)
Fits well.

Alright, I'll play it, thinking a strategy game comander type...
Cool.

I'm game.
(It's not funny *throws rotten maximum tomato*.)

I think I will base my character over a mixture of Luigi, Link, and Guybrush Threepwood.

It might be cool to have the character have Link's abilities all gone wrong.
For instance, he would have the ability to only speak in grunts and shouts that don't even remotely sound like words unless he splits into four people through the use of a four-swords type item which causes his personalities to seperate. One would be a pyromaniac and megalomaniac, another would be an idiot, the other would be a depressed guy, and the final split would be a hyper kid. He might also have a sword.

He would, mainly, have the fighting capabilities of Luigi and the ability to jump for a distance and punch bricks and gain powers by touching things. He would also be dressed in green and totally try to squeeze down any pipes that he finds.

This character would also have the ability to hold his breath for a long time like Guybrush while possessing his zany problem solving skills. He would also get involved in strange situations like Guybrush would and the game he came from would feature a zombie ghost pirate he was attempting to foil.

Does this seem like a good idea for a satire, or is it too zany or not zany enough?

Just as zany as I want. hopefully someone will be the straight man.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 11:03 PM
Yay character idea!

Name: Lina
Genre: Turn-Based Strategy RPG (Fire Emblem, to be specific)
Power Level: Level 5 Swordmaster
Race: Beorc (Human)

Looks:

She wears a traditional style Swordmaster outfit: long skirt, high boots, jacket, half-gloves. Her hair falls just past her shoulders, and is brown. Her eyes are blue. Her clothes mainly consist of dark blue, with red trim.

Skills:

Lina is extremely talented with swords, and is able to use all kinds. She is S ranked in them, after all. However, she can't really use anything else. She always has a high chance for critical hits, and has a skill that will allow her to always attack first in a fight, even if the opponent initiates it.

Equipment:

Silver Sword
Wind Edge (wind magic sword)
Wo Dao (high-crit sword)
Vulnerary (for healing)
Antitoxin

Gimliggamer
2010-12-14, 11:22 PM
Name: Michael
Genre of video game: Real time Strategy RPG
Power level: Somewhere over 1 and under 9,000. You hope.
Race: Human
Appearance: http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1012/d14/2214/27e4874.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/41173915)
This is how he looks normally. Take from that what you will. And yes, he is purposefully not wearing a shirt.
Powers: None.
Weapons: Longbow, several knives, bladed glove, brass knuckles, fedora.
Equipment: Fedora, smoke bombs, poison, wine, flint & steel.

lord pringle
2010-12-14, 11:42 PM
Yay character idea!

Name: Lina
Genre: Turn-Based Strategy RPG (Fire Emblem, to be specific)
Power Level: Level 5 Swordmaster
Race: Beorc (Human)

Looks:

She wears a traditional style Swordmaster outfit: long skirt, high boots, jacket, half-gloves. Her hair falls just past her shoulders, and is brown. Her eyes are blue. Her clothes mainly consist of dark blue, with red trim.

Skills:

Lina is extremely talented with swords, and is able to use all kinds. She is S ranked in them, after all. However, she can't really use anything else. She always has a high chance for critical hits, and has a skill that will allow her to always attack first in a fight, even if the opponent initiates it.

Equipment:

Silver Sword
Wind Edge (wind magic sword)
Wo Dao (high-crit sword)
Vulnerary (for healing)
Antitoxin

Name: Michael
Genre of video game: Real time Strategy RPG
Power level: Somewhere over 1 and under 9,000. You hope.
Appearance: http://public5.tektek.org/img/av/1012/d14/2214/27e4874.png (http://tektek.org/avatar/41173915)
This is how he looks normally. Take from that what you will. And yes, he is purposefully not wearing a shirt.
Powers: None.
Weapons: Longbow, several knives, bladed glove, brass knuckles, fedora.
Equipment: Fedora, smoke bombs, poison, wine, flint & steel.

They both work. Shall we start?

Gimliggamer
2010-12-14, 11:43 PM
They both work. Shall we start?
Fine with me.

lord pringle
2010-12-14, 11:47 PM
Fine with me.

Well, Michael, Zima and Lina will all be in group 1. where shall you start?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 11:49 PM
Um...wherever you wanna put us?

Gimliggamer
2010-12-14, 11:49 PM
I'll put my vote in for either the capitol or the oasis.

lord pringle
2010-12-14, 11:55 PM
I'll put my vote in for either the capitol or the oasis.

Which one? I MUST KNOW!

Gimliggamer
2010-12-14, 11:58 PM
Oasis!!!!!

lord pringle
2010-12-15, 12:00 AM
Then we shall start unless beans pops up with an OBJECTION!!

The Alexandrian
2010-12-15, 12:22 AM
Name: Uuji Polkemanns

Game Type: Adventure! (He tried puzzle, but it didn't work so well. He "solved" an Escape the Room type puzzle by jumping though a window and falling two stories to the ground floor. He survived, so technically he won.)

Power Level: ... Maybe a 6/10. It varies on what power he has at the moment and how much he improves over the course of the game.

Description:
Eyes: Hazel. Don't call them brown or he will yell angrily at you...of course, it sounds no different from when he is speaking calmly to you.
Hair: Charcoal Black and Hidden under a cap. Without the cap, it is a tangle of hair which seems to have resulted from long nights of sleep without combing his hair. It is actually well cared for, which can be discerned from its lavender scent and softness.
Weight: 160 lbs
Height: 5'10"
Appearance:

He wears a costume similar to Luigi. It is a green long-sleeve shirt with blue overalls rolled up at the bottom and nice polished brown boots which one can see their reflection in, if they are vain enough to try. He always wears a green cap turned backwards with the letter U on it in black lettering. Why? Because it looks cool, or so he thinks.

Powers: Able to hit things without having his fists break open and bleed all over the place. The useless ability to hold his breath for 10 minutes. He can also touch some special plants that are the equivalent of fireflowers to gain abilities. They appear to be fireflowers, and each time he absorbs one, he can either shoot fireballs from his hands, fly, shrink, or grow bigger instantly. Of course, the powers do not stack so he can only use one of them at a time. He has the ability to split into five different people. One is a pyro (Red) and megalomaniac, another is always depressed (Blue), yet another is always overly hyper (Purple), one is a fortunate moron (Yellow), and the other is competely logical and without emotion (Black). He can only rejoin from these forms if they are all in the same vicinity. Each is dressed exactly like him except for the color of their overalls which corresponds to their names and armed with a normal, silver dagger.

However, these powers come at a cost. Uuji cannot speak. He grunts angrily and can shout noises that don't even remotely resemble words. If you want to have a conversation with him, go somewhere else. Uuji also is compelled to attempt to squeeze down any pipe he can find ranging from a toilet to a lead pipe that was used as a bludgeon to kill a certain Mr. Body in a popular board game. Uuji also has a disfunction that forces him to sleep whenever he is not needed (unlike his player). Uuji was once found in the final boss chamber of a castle in his first, and only, previous adventure asleep in a puddle of the boss's blood cuddling a large, black sword. He was additionally using the corpse of the boss as a pillow...

Correct? Incorrect? Completely whack? Other suggestions?
Or is it Dewdong of approval time (Pokemon reference!).

lord pringle
2010-12-15, 12:25 AM
It's great. Welcome to group 1! where do you want to start?

The Alexandrian
2010-12-15, 12:36 AM
As an individual, I would like my character to start from the Fort, if that isn't a problem. Some soldiers are going to have to wake him up so that he starts out on his quest. I intend to make that task quite difficult. Heck, they might need to bring in someone with a voice as loud and obnoxious as Navi from Ocarina of Time in order to rouse him.

Or the smell of pancakes, that will probably work too.

Unfortunately for them, they probably don't realize that...

lord pringle
2010-12-15, 12:40 AM
You want to start alone?

The Alexandrian
2010-12-15, 01:04 AM
Starting alone would be very interesting. For one, it allows me to have my character fully exposed so that they are now very clearly defined. It also allows him to go through alot more zany situations than if he were initially with a group. When he met up with the others, however, would be when the hilarity would really kick in. It just seems much more fun to insert him into the group later down the road because of his absolute insanity and the shock factor. If the others are already banded together by the time Uuji meets up with them, the shock factor of Uuji's personality will take much longer to be overcome. It follows the golem idea. If golem was introduced in the beginning of LOTR, he wouldn't have been as strange. He would have become a familiar character, and would have lost much of his depth.

Of course, I can think of lots of reasons to have him start with the party. For one, it would be easier to RP and two, he would get alot more interaction as opposed to a mere dm/gm character relationship.

I just sorta want whoever is going to attempt to wake my character to have a really hard time of it. I'm okay starting anywhere or with anyone alone, or with a party of others.

lord pringle
2010-12-15, 01:06 AM
OK. this is now the OOC thread and the main thread will be up.

zyborg
2010-12-15, 09:22 PM
If there is still a way for me to sign up...

Name: Bomboid
Genre of video game: Puzzle
Power level: ???
Description: A robot.
*Grey body
*Grey Bullet-shaped head, dark grey hinged jaw, black glass "visor" with a single glowing white ring eye, spikes coming out of the flat back of his head.
*Clear arms with red, green, blue, and yellow spheres inside, weird pincer hands
*black treads

Bomboid comes from a game where he blows up bricks by using the bomb spheres in his arms and matching them with the same-colored bricks. He can roll up walls with his suction-treads. He treats everything as a challenge, puzzle, or riddle to solve, and generally has fun even in the face of sure destruction. He is extremely durable, due to the explosive nature of his job.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 10:01 PM
Name: Lt. Arthur Carpenter McAwesomeson
Genre of video game: Strategy - Supreme Commander, Starcraft, etc.
Power level: ?
Description: He wears a black civil war style uniform, his hat covers most of his gray hair and his eyes are a dark brown. He fights using soldiers and vehicles provided by his superiors depending on the mission. His units are all an ash gray color, and follow his every order. He sends in orders through his comlink that he wears on his left ear.

lord pringle
2010-12-16, 12:02 AM
If there is still a way for me to sign up...

Name: Bomboid
Genre of video game: Puzzle
Description: A robot.
*Grey body
*Grey Bullet-shaped head, dark grey hinged jaw, black glass "visor" with a single glowing white ring eye, spikes coming out of the flat back of his head.
*Clear arms with red, green, blue, and yellow spheres inside, weird pincer hands
*black treads

Bomboid comes from a game where he blows up bricks by using the bomb spheres in his arms and matching them with the same-colored bricks. He can roll up walls with his suction-treads. He treats everything as a challenge, puzzle, or riddle to solve, and generally has fun even in the face of sure destruction. He is extremely durable, due to the explosive nature of his job.
Bomboid can come in in the capitol, Fort Rezenaar, or Oasis.

Name: Lt. Arthur Carpenter McAwesomeson
Genre of video game: Strategy - Supreme Commander, Starcraft, etc.
Power level: ?
Description: He wears a black civil war style uniform, his hat covers most of his gray hair and his eyes are a dark brown. He fights using soldiers and vehicles provided by his superiors depending on the mission. His units are all an ash gray color, and follow his every order. He sends in orders through his comlink that he wears on his left ear.
The name is awesome and you can join in any town.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-16, 05:38 AM
Name: Jack'O'Ween
Genre of video game: Japanese fantasy-themed fighting game
Race: Ghost
Description: *Picture will be up*

A small person in the standard clothing of a scarecrow, hat and all. But his head is no piece of cloth, from the menacing eyes of the Jack'O'Lantern shine fire of pure evil and cuteness!
He carries a staff longer than himself with a lantern attached to it

Powers: Many fighting moves ranging from simple punches to whacks with a burning lantern to summoning the creatures of the night to eat at his opponent's mind or fire breath. Also capable of puppy eyes despite his eyes being holes in a pumpkin
Equipment: Lantern Staff, Hat, crow feathers, matchsticks and a small trophy

lord pringle
2010-12-16, 08:12 AM
Name: Jack'O'Ween
Genre of video game: Japanese fantasy-themed fighting game
Race: Ghost
Description: *Picture will be up*

A small person in the standard clothing of a scarecrow, hat and all. But his head is no piece of cloth, from the menacing eyes of the Jack'O'Lantern shine fire of pure evil and cuteness!
He carries a staff longer than himself with a lantern attached to it

Powers: Many fighting moves ranging from simple punches to whacks with a burning lantern to summoning the creatures of the night to eat at his opponent's mind or fie breath. Also capable of puppy eyes despite his eyes being holes in a pumpking
Equipment: Lantern Staff, Hat, crow feathers, matchsticks and a small trophy

Start anywhere.

zyborg
2010-12-16, 11:52 AM
I'll start at the fort.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 11:23 PM
I like how Lina wants the money, but for Michael it's all about killing the guy like a badass. :smalltongue:

lord pringle
2010-12-16, 11:25 PM
I agree. The banter level has gone past witty into beastmode. HELL YES!

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 11:27 PM
What can I say? She knows what she wants.

zyborg
2010-12-17, 12:19 PM
Where are the links to the actual games?

EDIT: Found.

Cyborg Mage
2010-12-18, 04:06 PM
Is this still open? (Knowing FFRPs, the answer is probably yes, but still...)

lord pringle
2010-12-18, 04:07 PM
Yup. Always open and always zany.

Cyborg Mage
2010-12-18, 04:43 PM
Right, time to rip off draw inspiration from Assassin's Creed. Because EVERY party needs a rogue.

Name: Giovanni di Salvatore
Genre of video game: Action, with some Sandbox and a little bit of RPG.
Power level: Very armed, very dangerous and-thankfully-very disciplined
Description:
Image:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100614171959/assassinscreed/images/e/e2/Assassins1503E3.png
Far right, with the addition of the veil seen below, recoloured black.
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091226230058/assassinscreed/images/1/1c/AssassinGuard.png

Personality: Quiet, focused, and often quite sarcastic when he does speak. Values human life highly, but rather quick to kill those unlucky enough not to be innocent.

Powers: None, besides extensive acrobatics, combat and stealth training.

Equipment: Hidden Blade, Throwing Knives, large Dagger, Rapier and some other general Assassin stuff.

lord pringle
2010-12-18, 04:44 PM
Drop him anywhere.