PDA

View Full Version : [Any] So have you ever given your DM bad Ideas?

druid91
2010-12-13, 09:59 AM
So, like the title. Have you ever been chatting with your DM/GM about the game and accidentally given them an idea that makes things a lot harder for your characters?

Like the time I was talking to the DM after the party had killed Syberys and Ebberon and he was trying to think of a way to make khyber an interesting fight. I in my wisdom said before thinking "Well, the three of them had a split of power right? I mean the prophecy was separated into a part for each of them. So maybe when we killed the other two he got to muscle in on their magic territory." I promptly realized what I was doing and face-palmed while my DM laughed.

It doesn't help that the DM is twins with another player.

Ormur
2010-12-13, 10:12 AM
I did remind my DM of the fact that unconscious creatures are automatically considered willing and that he had access to mindrape in a chat after a session in which my character ended up unconscious and captured by the BBEG. Whether it will end up badly for my character remains to be seen.

Sipex
2010-12-13, 10:16 AM
This happens a lot at my table...usually followed by "STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS IN FRONT OF THE DM. IT'S GIVING HIM IDEAS!"

supermonkeyjoe
2010-12-13, 10:29 AM
There was a longstanding rule at my old gaming club that you never ask the DM "is it explosive?" because the answer was always "hmmmm... Yes. Reflex save please"

BridgeCity
2010-12-13, 10:37 AM
I'd say this is both bad and good. Bad because it creates a hell of a lot more work for the party, good because I just love the idea.

Our party is heading into the mountains to find a library that is tended by a bronze Dragon. I had been reading the Dragonmech rule books (steampunk mech warriors for d20 games for those who don't know them) and mentioned that it would be funnny if the stories about the bronze Dragon's library had become twisted in retelling.

I said that there should be no library tended by a bronze Dragon, but that the library was in fact inside a larger than collosal Dragon mech made out of bronze. The reason no one can find it is because it doesn't stay in one place and the pilots can pretty much destroy anyone who comes near.

DM loved the idea and decided to run with it. Now instead of finding a way to smooth talk the Good bronze Dragon into letting us read his books, we have to assault an unbelievably massive mechanical Dragon piloted by a society of lawful evil slave-trading dwarfs.

I'm actually really looking forward to it.

Grogmir
2010-12-13, 10:57 AM
I was providing a 'filler week' for the few players that could be there - next proper session would have a lot of plot so didn't want them to miss out.

The guys spent the session - trying to convince a mystical nature type to let the angry local towns people through her forest to the mine (without killing them) Lots of SCs, and different angles and we had a great RP session. There was about an hour left though when it looked like they were about to complete the mission.

Then one of my players said 'I bet there will be an armoured gribbly for us to fight before this is clear'

DM 'Why thats strange cause the Lady of the Myst says 'bewarned though there is a part on the road that even I have no control over' you will ahve to investigate that area yourself before the road is safe'. Cue Random encounter / armoured gribbly - all thanks to my PC!

Tokuhara
2010-12-13, 11:42 AM
So, we were a party, like any other party:

Me: a Dwarf Crusader of Moradin/Deepstone Setinal
DM's Brother: a Warforged Knight/Kensai
DM's G/F: a Half-Elf Assassin (Green Ronin Version, who dropped spellcasting for Manuevers)/Eternal Blade
Best Friend: Elf Ranger/Champion of Corellon
Best Friend's G/F: Elf Wizard/Arcane Avatar
Best Friend's Friend: Human Dragonborn (wing) Sorcerer/Dragon Disciple
Best Friend's other Friend: Half-Troll Half-Ogre Paladin of Heironious/Shining Blade

strolling through a post-apocolyptic Eberron, ready to face down a Demon Prince, when the Half-Troll Half-Ogre asks of the Demon Prince has minions (first campaign with us), and my DM chimes in, "Why yes, he does... Everyone, roll initiative"

At that point, I knew things were going to go downhill, so I was ready to react, but never expected Dagon to pull 4 Half-Fiend Purple Wyrms and 5 Half-Shadow Dragon Death Knights on us... We survived, at the expense of our "beloved" paladin

Vistella
2010-12-13, 11:52 AM
We were a lvl16 party and fighting against something evil (think it was a rhakshasa, cant remember) and an imp.
as we killed the rhakshasa we joked about how the imp was the real endboss.

and what did our dm do?
"hmm, sounds good, you see that the imp transforms itself. a big pitfiend now stands in front of you"

after that its usualy just like stipex's

This happens a lot at my table...usually followed by "STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS IN FRONT OF THE DM. IT'S GIVING HIM IDEAS!"

bokodasu
2010-12-13, 11:55 AM
I do this all the time.

"Oh, hey, my animal companion was under the effects of Animal Growth when it was killed by the freaky homebrew death ray, did that mean it made its save?" (No. Cue huge zombie dire lion.)

"Wow, it's a good thing they're not trying to start an avalanche there, we'd be really boned." (Cue avalanche.)

"You know, we haven't fought an ooze since that one gelatinous cube ten levels ago." (Cue BBEG with Artifact of Ooze Summoning.)

some guy
2010-12-13, 12:17 PM
The players in my dnd campaign don't do this so often, but the players in my coc campaign? Hoo, boy!

Player, while watching a tied-up zombie through a camera set-up: "I'm gonna freak out if that zombie is watching me through the camera."
Me: "Roll a spot-check."
Player: "18"
Me: "It totally is. Roll a sanity-check."

Usually the players are discussing something. Then I start smiling. When one of them sees that; "Oh no, he's smiling! Shut up!" "But-" "SHUT UP!"

It's good to be the DM*.

*Or GM, if that's how you roll.

Telonius
2010-12-13, 12:22 PM
Recently, one of my more thorough players in my gaming group sent a file to everybody with suggestions for purchasing items. Along with that, he had a file outlining what he thinks the team's tactical strengths and weaknesses are.

Thirty seconds after he sent it, he had a follow-up: "Maybe I shouldn't have included [Telonius] on that one..."

I, of course, am the DM. :smallamused:

Darth Crater
2010-12-13, 12:30 PM
Me, to the DM one day: "One big problem with the Tarrasque is that it has no ranged attacks."
Boss fight several weeks later: "Hi, I'm the Tarrasque. I breathe disintegration..."

Totally Guy
2010-12-13, 12:35 PM
I love giving the GM ideas. That way I know that I've had an impact on something in the session. :smallsmile:

Ernir
2010-12-13, 12:46 PM
The players once made jokes about "forest cows" after my tongue slipped and I mixed up my descriptions of travel through a grazing field and travel through a dense forest, resulting in a description that was something along the lines of "all is quiet except for the soft mooooos coming from the trees".

Next session, they nearly died when a group of angry leaf-cows dropped on them from the trees.

Dr.Epic
2010-12-13, 12:48 PM
Another character fell of a ledge (the fall was only like 10 ft, but it did make them leave combat and they were a melee fighter). I suggested a reflex save to catch the edge and climb up. They rolled a natural 1, hit their head on the ledge, and passed out.

Goober4473
2010-12-13, 01:22 PM
As DM, I'm there to make the game fun for my players. If they give me a cool idea, I may use it, but never just to screw with them, and rarely will it be obvious that I took it from them.

As a player, I'll remind the DM of how the rules work (I'm usually the one who knows them best), even if it's bad for me and my fellow players, and if I can provide any other cool ideas that make the game more fun, awesome.

The Shadowmind
2010-12-13, 01:44 PM
Not sure if it will be a bad idea, but I introduced the DM to the idea that familiars/animal companions/etc do not have to have the feats listed in the example stat block. Might of also introduced the idea that monsters don't have to have the example feats either.

CakeTown
2010-12-13, 02:32 PM
One of the characters had run down the stairs and somehow gotten trapped, so he couldn't move. The monsters down there got him down to 0 hp and he fell unconscious. On their next turn, the DM announced that the monsters were going to attack the party ranger and the DMPC. I commented to the player that it's a good thing the monsters weren't going to coup-de-grace his character. The DM changed his mind and they did. The character died a few rounds later due to taking 40ish damage each round from the coup-de-graces(we're playing 4e, so death occurs at negative bloodied value). I think that was a pretty bad idea I gave the DM. Didn't affect me, but still bad for the party.

randomhero00
2010-12-13, 02:47 PM
OMG all the time OP. The first one that comes to mind was my warlock. When he dimension doored (whatever that ability is called that leaves a copy behind) I roleplay explained it as him traveling through another plane with faster time movement, which is why he appeared to teleport instantly...and that other creatures had a chance of coming out with him...

Aidan305
2010-12-13, 02:59 PM
I have never given he GM ideas.

I have, however, frequently made suggestions to him.

megabyter5
2010-12-13, 03:25 PM
There was a longstanding rule at my old gaming club that you never ask the DM "is it explosive?" because the answer was always "hmmmm... Yes. Reflex save please"

I would exploit this for comedic and/or strategic advantage. Comedic if you ask in regards to completely random things no one would ever expect to explode, and strategic for things closer to your enemies than you. Example!

DM: The cult leader approaches the altar and open a massive tome left upon it.
You: Is it explosive?
DM: What? The book?
You: Of course the book.
DM: Yes. The leader... *rolls* ...Is caught directly in the explosion, and dies. Gods damn it, that was a major boss fight!
You: HOORAY, I HAVE THE HAPPY WINNING TIME NOW!

Pixiedragon
2010-12-13, 04:53 PM
Quite often actually...

I often make suggestions if I know my DM will be like... ":smalleek: What?" and that's several times per session. xD But those tend to be useful or at least not very bad suggestions for the PC's.

On the other hand, I enjoy writing shortstories about D&D, especially about my own PC. This way, I have handed my DM several rather powerful NPC's and their friendliness towards the party (or at least my PC) varies quite a bit. Worst was when she ran into an old lover of hers... with her husband next to her.

Situations like these make the RP infinitely more interesting thought. x)

Godskook
2010-12-13, 05:04 PM
My players did, just last session, but to understand, you'd have to know our group. See, myself and 2 of my PCs all play in the same LARP oWoD game, and one of the others has played that setting for a while too. So, in my D&D game, when someone makes the comment of "maybe these wolves are kinfolk", I say "yes, they are" and watch as at least one jaw hits the floor fast enough to leave a dent. I reply that I was only kidding, and relief hits. But now, now I'm going to pull that one on them some other time, and see what they do when they're fighting werewolves.

dsmiles
2010-12-13, 05:13 PM
Always. It's kind of hard not to swap ideas in a gaming group like mine. We regularly alternate DMs between my friend and I, so ideas are always going back and forth between us.

TheCountAlucard
2010-12-13, 05:14 PM
Always. It's kind of hard not to swap ideas in a gaming group like mine. We regularly alternate DMs between my friend and I, so ideas are always going back and forth between us.This, this a dozen times.

Zieu
2010-12-20, 09:57 AM
Well while looking over Prestige Classes for my Ranger, I settled on Order of the Bow Initiate (yeah yeah, laugh it out). I had to get it approved by my DM, and while looking over the class info he got to the part saying its Ranged Precision ability does affect constructs, oozes, undead, etc.

DM: "Hmm...I see lots of oozes, undead and constructs coming up in future campaigns..."
Me: *facepalm*

Megawizard
2010-12-20, 10:11 AM
Well,my players do give me bad ideas.

On the other day I was describing the entrance to a temple, and for fluffy reasons I described in detail two statues flanking said entrance.

Cue the players starting to discuss what kind of disguised constructs those statues were, how to best defeat them, and what would trigger their attack.

Had to resist the urge to make their wishes come true. Now they're inside the temple and I think they're still suspicious the statues will ambush them from behind when they're in trouble.:smalltongue:

Volos
2010-12-20, 10:34 AM
These sort of situations is why I really enjoy gaming in person rather than through the forums. As a DM, all I have to do is give a sly smirk to my players to get them planning. The more they plan and worry about different things, the more I have to work with when it comes time to running the game. One good example was my last session with them.

I had to introduce the new guy's ranger, but the party was in the middle of the ocean. I was about to have him thrown in via teleportation magic or something cliche like that when a player noted that they hadn't checked the lower decks of the ship. So that led to the ranger being imprisioned in the ship's hold. I had to keep him from being fully equiped so that his impisonment made sense, and a player mentioned that the ship could have hidden compartments. So now they were in possession of a smuggling ship and his goods had been hidden in the varrious holds before they 'aquired' the vessel. In the midst of searching the holds of the ship for the ranger's equipment, a player mused over why the ship had smuggling holds. Now it was a black market vessle used to transport a vile drug. Finally when they pulled into port and heard my description of the many sunk ships in the cove, they wondered aloud why so many ships would have been taken down here if the town seemed so peaceful. This led me to them riding up to a town filled to the brim with paladins.

Smuggling ship with drugs + ranger in prisoners clothes + tiefling warmage + warlock with nightmare mount + no offical papers of ownership over the vessel in question = Entire Party Getting Arrested.

I honestly had only planned for a simple crossing the ocean to a secret island adventure, but through my players asking so many questions and giving me so many ideas it has turned into an outlaws running from the law on a secret island adventure.

mint
2010-12-20, 10:55 AM
This one session early in a campaign we were investigating an airship crash-site.
Among the things we find are psi-crystals from the "chorus" that form the AI which helps control the ship, each crystal provides a system-personality-skill set kit. The wreckage is on fire and we try to salvage as many as we can, because, essentially, they are warforged without bodies in the setting. To some some of us in the group they are people-i- a-box but at the very least, they are valuable and should not be wasted.
Exit the wreckage we find that one of the crystals is conspicuously black whereas the others have are in pastel or bright colours.

I jokingly ask the DM upon examining the black crystal "I assume this is the ships' hate processor?" "No... "

A few sessions later we have sneaked into a secret library on a secret floor of the town hall in "steampunk-village", it contains a lot of forbidden text on how to construct a giant killer robot. My character rolls really well on search and finds a box under a floorboard. It contains a large black psi-crystal.
"This wouldn't be the hate processor they intend to install in the giant killer robot?"
"Quite"

Chilingsworth
2010-12-20, 11:01 AM
This led me to them riding up to a town filled to the brim with paladins.

Now, THIS sounds like a bad idea!:smalleek:

Tankadin
2010-12-20, 11:13 AM
What's weird is when you're tricked into being an agent of your own doom.

After mentioning an idea for Gnomish shocktroopers with rocketboots (a sort of, "What's hiding in this town?" banter at the table), the DM said, "YES!" along with, "Stat those up, that sounds awesome."

I don't even have a good ranged attack in that campaign, yet here I am, conspiring against my best interests.

Douglas
2010-12-20, 11:15 AM
I did remind my DM of the fact that unconscious creatures are automatically considered willing and that he had access to mindrape in a chat after a session in which my character ended up unconscious and captured by the BBEG. Whether it will end up badly for my character remains to be seen.
Please note that the "automatically considered willing" clause is for the purpose of spells such as Teleport that specifically only work on willing creatures. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the option of voluntarily failing a saving throw. The BBEG can attempt to Mindrape you anyway, but you do get a save regardless of unconsciousness. Of course, if he's got the time and spell slots to cast it enough times that doesn't really matter too much, but if he's only got one copy prepared and you'll be rescued tonight then your will save could still save you.

TinselCat
2010-12-20, 05:25 PM
In this case, I was the DM.

The party was dungeon crawling for a short mini-campaign (the party generally prefers short crawls but still enjoys it because of the tons of 'free' stuff). And in one particular room, the walls and ceiling were covered in old, dusty curtains. There was a locked door behind one of them, but the players found it quickly and weren't concerned with it anymore.

Really, I just added the curtains to have something to say about the room. But one of my players asked further about how they looked. So I described some ratty old bedsheets, some heavy black ones and nice embroidered ones on the ceiling.

The PC of that player had just taken a few ranks in something artful, and decided that she wanted those curtains on the ceiling to make something with.

Obtaining the curtains wasn't any trouble, but when another player muttered to the player who wanted the curtains that "They're probably cursed. Everything in this place is rigged, anyway."

Cue the Cursed Curtains. The curse wasn't determined, even though one of the players determined that they were indeed cursed, but only manifested when the player turned them into a handbag. Now anything that goes in has a certain chance of coming out again, and there might be something that wasn't expected in the first place. It was an object of both amusement and hate among the players.

Ormur
2010-12-21, 05:46 AM
Please note that the "automatically considered willing" clause is for the purpose of spells such as Teleport that specifically only work on willing creatures. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the option of voluntarily failing a saving throw. The BBEG can attempt to Mindrape you anyway, but you do get a save regardless of unconsciousness. Of course, if he's got the time and spell slots to cast it enough times that doesn't really matter too much, but if he's only got one copy prepared and you'll be rescued tonight then your will save could still save you.

Interesting, that makes a lot more sense then.

My character was also saved the day after. Turns out it was the BBEG minion that had mindrape on the spell list and we just killed him (temporarily). I still lost all my equipment.

FelixG
2010-12-21, 06:23 AM
Oh I did but it ended badly for someone other than me

We were level 1-3 in a mine where some kobolds had taken over and built a number of traps and were using alchemical items.

I pointed out that we were lucky that the Kobolds hadn't decided to put any oil in the pits to light them on fire, low and behold our Barbarian spots a kobold and decides to charge it down a mining path and FWOOSH right into a 10 foot pit filled with oil and lit on fire by a falling lantern.

Managed to get him back out with 5 HP left

GeminiVeil
2010-12-21, 01:57 PM
In oWoD, I DM'd for a little while, then I wanted to play as a character, so I let a friend who had never DM'd it before take over. We started wiping the floor with all of his battles, and he asked me why that was. I told him "You are letting the things that limit us limit your characters. If you just make them bigger than us, and have them make things more difficult for us, it will help you some." (thinks about it 10 minutes later, *facepalm*)
Next session, we get set up against an army (well over 50 of them, 5-6 of us) that have incredibly high stats. Oh, and each one can increase the difficulty of our lores (we were demons). Ended up that something that normally is a dif 6 took me to a dif 10 with about 15 successes required. Yeah. . . Never gave him advice again.

Sallera
2010-12-22, 04:14 PM
Heh, I wish my players gave me more ideas. I don't usually get much to work with. Still happens from time to time, though...

The players were in a town that I'd described as entertaining a lot of piracy alongside more legitimate operations, and, being the amoral bastards they are, decided that the best way to acquire a ship was to book passage to somewhere and murder the crew along the way. When I was describing the crew of the ship they'd marked, one of them asked whether the captain had a parrot, and I pointed out that they were currently in an arctic climate.
Player: "...it could be an Arctic Sabertoothed Parrot."

Needless to say, several sessions later, their ship was beset by an Arctic Sabertoothed Parrot, a spellwarped breed that... wouldn't make very good pets, shall we say.

Brom
2010-12-22, 04:45 PM
I sort of have this. I'm an IRL strategy/tactics nerd. I read On War by Clausewitz and Ceasar's Commentaries (his accounts of his wars in Gaul) and I recognize 95% of all Art of War quotes on the spot. I have no idea why I study it. There's no chance of me ever being a general or something, lol.

My D&D groups, however, put this to use. My DM's frequently give me information regarding a set of creatures in a setting and ask, ''What tactics or strategy would these creatures use?"

I always ask them first to define intelligence. Well, I did once we had to fight a group of giants who nonetheless expertly bull rushed us off the bluffs, overran us and took readied actions to strike us once we were prone...

Our group just about ate a TPK there. So now, I have the DM say, ''How smart do you want them?" =P

Popertop
2010-12-22, 04:54 PM
I love giving the GM ideas. That way I know that I've had an impact on something in the session. :smallsmile:

Yes. I really wouldn't ever mind as long as it makes things more interesting. Immersion is one of my favorite aspects of world building and is what gets me into character better.

These sort of situations is why I really enjoy gaming in person rather than through the forums. As a DM, all I have to do is give a sly smirk to my players to get them planning. The more they plan and worry about different things, the more I have to work with when it comes time to running the game. One good example was my last session with them.

I had to introduce the new guy's ranger, but the party was in the middle of the ocean. I was about to have him thrown in via teleportation magic or something cliche like that when a player noted that they hadn't checked the lower decks of the ship. So that led to the ranger being imprisioned in the ship's hold. I had to keep him from being fully equiped so that his impisonment made sense, and a player mentioned that the ship could have hidden compartments. So now they were in possession of a smuggling ship and his goods had been hidden in the varrious holds before they 'aquired' the vessel. In the midst of searching the holds of the ship for the ranger's equipment, a player mused over why the ship had smuggling holds. Now it was a black market vessle used to transport a vile drug. Finally when they pulled into port and heard my description of the many sunk ships in the cove, they wondered aloud why so many ships would have been taken down here if the town seemed so peaceful. This led me to them riding up to a town filled to the brim with paladins.

Smuggling ship with drugs + ranger in prisoners clothes + tiefling warmage + warlock with nightmare mount + no offical papers of ownership over the vessel in question = Entire Party Getting Arrested.

I honestly had only planned for a simple crossing the ocean to a secret island adventure, but through my players asking so many questions and giving me so many ideas it has turned into an outlaws running from the law on a secret island adventure.

Also so this can happen. Awesome.

A wizard has to rest to get his spells per day back, right?
But he can re-prepare as many times as he likes to/has time to throughout the day, right?
If so, he could just re-prepare and replace whatever slots he had with Mindrape.

http://imnotgoingtorapeyou.com/raped.jpg

byers2142
2010-12-22, 05:06 PM
Did this about six months ago, and nearly got my character killed. Long story short, my character was imprisoned for a crime he swore he didn't commit. Turns out, he had commited it, but under the influence of a psychic tagalong that was living in his head and altering his memories.

So the party and my character, Mikel, step into his own mind to root out the intruder. Several really cool set pieces followed, but dangerous as heck thanks to one little joke I made in the first encounter.

The ranger missed on a ranged attack, and the DM made up some fluff about the arrow "biting into the wooden walls." Cue dumb response from me, "Hey, be careful, that's my brain you're shooting into!" As soon as I saw the DM's face, I knew I should have kept me mouth shut.

After that, any time someone missed on high-damage attacks (such as the fire spells our wizard loved to throw around), I was making will saves to avoid taking half damage. And wow did we miss a lot that night. Mikel had 1 hit point when it was all said and done, and ate all but one of our clerics healing spells just to be that healthy.

Apophis775
2010-12-22, 06:44 PM
I was talking with one of the players in one of my games once about telepathy and I got an awesome idea. One day, I'm going to give my PCs a ring with allows the constant reading of surface thoughts. However, what they won't know, is that it is cursed, and constantly lying to the wearer.

Soilborn
2011-01-05, 03:08 PM
For one of my campaigns I had the idea of creating a Tankard of Alchemy. It basically reliably transformed anything put into it into anything else of the player's desire, with the the stipulation that the end product must be contain the same molecules that the original had, though multiple products were possible.

A character had to have a moderate investment into Craft (Alchemy) to accurately use the item; otherwise it appeared as a magical cup that turned things into other things. The idea was simple: tossing in a block of carbon and some water would make alcohol and vice versa, stuff like that.

Unbeknown to me the player who was an alchemist and wizard on his character sheet was a chemistry nerd in real life. The first thing he did was have his character drop sulfur and chlorine into the cup and give me the biggest ****-eating grin I've ever seen. Poof! Out from the Tankard pops a cloud of mustard gas that, with a simple gust of wind, settled over and killed a dozen kobolds. I gave this man an item that would allow him to defeat legions with a level 2 spell.

Since then he's been using it for all sorts of crazy stuff that's had me scrambling through my college chemistry books.

Totally Guy
2011-01-05, 06:08 PM
Yes. I really wouldn't ever mind as long as it makes things more interesting. Immersion is one of my favorite aspects of world building and is what gets me into character better.

I can't believe I wrote that. When was that... 3 weeks ago? I'm such an idiot!

The whole point of playing is to influence and effect the things that go on in the game. If that's the only way I thought I could do that was by giving the GM stupid ideas in a weird metagamey way then something's gone very wrong.

I play to play.

Somebody fix me, I'm quite clearly broken.:smallsigh:

Fiery Diamond
2011-01-05, 07:14 PM
I was talking with one of the players in one of my games once about telepathy and I got an awesome idea. One day, I'm going to give my PCs a ring with allows the constant reading of surface thoughts. However, what they won't know, is that it is cursed, and constantly lying to the wearer.

I hate to tell you this, but this item actually already exists in D&D 3.5.

MlleRouge
2011-01-05, 07:34 PM
A favorite moment from my table amounted to one of these.

I was running as level 1-20 campaign (3.5) that had been going on for quite some time. My boyfriend gave me a copy of Libris Mortis as a gift, and in my delight, I worked a couple of the monsters into the campaign. The timing seemed perfect, since the party was due to go tomb-raiding in the royal family's crypt in search for evidence that might help them make sense of the latest political tangle. Tombs, graves, undead....huzzah!

Partway through an encounter with an Angel of Decay (and after a small selection of other undead beasties), one player wistfully commented that he wanted to fight a lich as a main boss one day.

Boyfriend: Don't you dare give her ideas *Cuts eyes at me*
Friend:...*throws dice at him* You gave her a whole *%$^ing source book, don't even start! This [the angel of decay] is YOUR fault!

*Banter erupts*