PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Thor Is Here!

arguskos
2010-12-13, 05:29 PM
Ok, not this (http://www.stuffwelike.com/stuffwelike/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/thor.jpg) Thor. This one (http://www.sc2blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/thor.jpg) instead. Specifically, his Strike Cannons ability.

Ok, so, I had this great idea. Using Person_Man's amazing Magitech Templar (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176276) and Monte Cook's Technology (http://www.montecook.com/images/Technology.pdf) rules for d20, I wish to create a personal sized Starcraft 2 Thor character, complete with an Pipe Organ Cannon on my back. However, the Pipe Organ Cannon weighs 1,000 lbs.

My question to you fine folks is this: how can I use straight Magitech Templar, all 3.5 books available, level 15 with standard WBL, to carry and use a Pipe Organ Cannon as a standard character? Help me make this awesome dream come true! :smallbiggrin:

Alleine
2010-12-13, 05:54 PM
There's the Belt of the Wide Earth in MiC in the item sets section. It doubles your carrying capacity and is only 8000 gp.

For hilarity, enchant the cannon and add the Hideaway(Races of the Wild) ability to it for 7500gp. Allowing to to press a button as a free action to cause the whole thing to fold up into a cylinder small enough to fit in your hand. Another free action to unfold it. You'll still have problems with weight, but it will no longer take up a ton of space.

arguskos
2010-12-13, 06:05 PM
There's the Belt of the Wide Earth in MiC in the item sets section. It doubles your carrying capacity and is only 8000 gp.
Ok, that's handy to have. I still need a way to carry all my normal crap *and* 1000 lbs of cannon *and* a bunch of cannon balls (which probably weigh a lot, but aren't listed). I'm not sure just having a large strength score is enough.

For hilarity, enchant the cannon and add the Hideaway(Races of the Wild) ability to it for 7500gp. Allowing to to press a button as a free action to cause the whole thing to fold up into a cylinder small enough to fit in your hand. Another free action to unfold it. You'll still have problems with weight, but it will no longer take up a ton of space.
...:smallbiggrin: That's excellent stuff! Appreciated.

Alleine
2010-12-13, 07:50 PM
I'm not entirely certain why I didn't think of it before, but cannons are presumably made primarily out of metal. You can cut the weight in half just by making it mithril. Wait- never mind. The table for mithril prices lists :other items as costing 500gp/lb. dang.

Luckily there's pearlsteel from Stormwrack. 1500 to make a weapon out of it, and it weighs 25% less.

A lot less useful and thematically unappealing is the Hauling Back graft from Fiend Folio. It counts you as quadrupedal which is only really useful if you plan on being large or bigger. The fluff also states that it forces you to stoop low enough to use your hands while walking :/

If you don't care about appearances, undead arm grafts can snag you a +4 inherent bonus to str for a fraction of the usual cost of inherent bonuses.

Getting to be Large sized would help tremendously, whether though a custom item, template, or friendly caster.

Person_Man
2010-12-14, 11:31 AM
I'm working on firearm adaptation rules for the Templar. The big hurdle is how to handle the reloading. If you shorten it down too much, then it dominates/replaces every other ranged attack. If you leave it as is, then most of the guns are useless beyond low levels. I'll mull it over and then we can figure it out together.

Stallion
2010-12-14, 11:58 AM
Persistant Polymorph into something that can carry it?

Jack up your strength.

That's about it.

Fouredged Sword
2010-12-14, 12:15 PM
There is that armor enchantment that lets you carry your medium load without penelty. That is useful for jacking up the amount you carry, as it multiplies better than stacking boosts on one stat.

really you should aim for high str, some multiplier for carry capacity and armor that lets you carry a medium load. You would need a 25 str if you managed to get a x2 on carry capacity. You need only a 22 str with a x3.

Both of these numbers are easy to hit as a water orc or some other high str race.

Also remember to shove all your other gear into a bag of holding or a haversack. That way you don't have to have to much extra carry capacity over your weapons and armor.