PDA

View Full Version : Help my robot choose some feats!

Hanuman
2010-12-13, 06:18 PM
Ok well I'm playing a clockwork tinkerer wizard (exiled modron), and I've built myself a Brass Man (a quite rare construct from an obscure source, basically it's Construct/Fire subtype giving it fire immunity in exchange for magic immunity, it has no con score but has an int score allowing it to be basically an AI robot that's not considered alive.

So, on the reasoning that it's basically like an undead in terms of no con score, I convinced my DM to allow it as a cohort (probably due to my pitiful leadership score of 4, but just enough to grant it 3 levels in swordsagem the swordsage HD to replace 3 of it's construct HD!

This is awesome, I am super happy, because my lovely Brass Man (TWF/Fire Immunity/Ignites foes on hit/crit = DC17 stun AND prone!!!) gets to have 2 new feats, a free 2.7k gold (I chipped in 300g for a nov. stone dragon belt for unlimited mountain hammer) and some other tasties.

SO

As a fire user, as a TWF, as a high crit super effective triggering ability, as one immune to fire, as a construct, what are 2 really nice flavorful feats for me? :smallsmile:

Pie Guy
2010-12-13, 07:14 PM
I hate to break it to you, but youcan only substitute racial hit die for class levels if the creature only has one RHD, so he can't be a Swordsage.

WinWin
2010-12-13, 07:21 PM
Assuming the HD are houseruled, Desert Wind Dodge would be a good investment. It leads into the Desert Wind tactical feat (I forget the name). You set an opponent on fire, your cohort keeps them burning via Fanning the Flames.

Hanuman
2010-12-14, 12:11 PM
I hate to break it to you, but youcan only substitute racial hit die for class levels if the creature only has one RHD, so he can't be a Swordsage.
Hate to break it to you, but I have high Cha IRL.

Assuming the HD are houseruled, Desert Wind Dodge would be a good investment. It leads into the Desert Wind tactical feat (I forget the name). You set an opponent on fire, your cohort keeps them burning via Fanning the Flames.
Thanks! I have 10 dex but I like this option!