PDA

View Full Version : How to do Avatars on the Site

ShiningStarling
2010-12-13, 06:49 PM
Hey, I'm relatively new, and need help with my avatars. i got them fine in Inkscape, but how do i get it here without using MS paint?

Maxios
2010-12-13, 06:56 PM
Can you give some more details, because if so, I'll be happy to help :smallsmile:

Cealocanth
2010-12-13, 07:39 PM
it appears that you know how to upload your avatars. What's your problem specifically?

Haruki-kun
2010-12-13, 07:42 PM
Hey, I'm relatively new, and need help with my avatars. i got them fine in Inkscape, but how do i get it here without using MS paint?

How to Export images from Inkscape:
File, Export Bitmap. A new window shows up, there's 4 buttons on top. Page exports the entire page, Drawing exports everything there is, even outside the page, and selection exports only what you have (currently) selected.

Use Browse to select where you want the exported image to appear on your computer and the name for it, then click export. Inkscape will export a PNG image. Upload this into Photobucket or Imageshack like you would any other image.

ShiningStarling
2010-12-14, 06:21 AM
How to Export images from Inkscape:
File, Export Bitmap. A new window shows up, there's 4 buttons on top. Page exports the entire page, Drawing exports everything there is, even outside the page, and selection exports only what you have (currently) selected.

Use Browse to select where you want the exported image to appear on your computer and the name for it, then click export. Inkscape will export a PNG image. Upload this into Photobucket or Imageshack like you would any other image.
That's exactly what I needed! Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

SMEE
2010-12-14, 09:09 AM
Well, the question was answered, so... :smallsmile:
Thread locked