PDA

View Full Version : [D&D 3.5] Nifty equipment add-ons?

Kaulesh
2010-12-13, 07:48 PM
I'm running a D&D 3.5 game when the next semester of college starts. I don't have everything planned out, but I do know that I'm going to include Crazy Hassan, of 4Chan fame. His main businesses will be "Crazy Hassan's Discount Magic Items" and "Crazy Hassan's Used Camel Emporium." Quite a mouthful if I do say so myself, but I'll work with it.

The premise for the discount magic item shop is that every shopping trip is an adventure. On one trip, you may see an unidentified paste that prevents you from being disarmed (Sovereign Glue - Universal Solvent sold separately). Next time you may find a Silvertongue Cloak (+x to bluff, but must make a will save or you also believe it). I've got this part down just fine.

What I'm really needing help on is with my selection of mundane equipment. Not all surprises need to be bad. For instance, that used shortsword the rogue picked up? It's got a wand chamber in it. The cleric's new shield? Sanctified - it doubles as a divine focus.

As you can maybe tell by the two examples above, I've already picked over Dungeonscape for what it's worth. Now I turn to the Playground. Are there any other books that provide nifty (or not so nifty) equipment extras? I've already looked through Arms and Equipment, Magic Item Compendium, and a few third party equipment supplements.

Darrin
2010-12-13, 10:51 PM
I'm running a D&D 3.5 game when the next semester of college starts. I don't have everything planned out, but I do know that I'm going to include Crazy Hassan, of 4Chan fame. His main businesses will be "Crazy Hassan's Discount Magic Items" and "Crazy Hassan's Used Camel Emporium."

Sounds like Crazy Hassan and Shax (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148101) probably know each other.

What I'm really needing help on is with my selection of mundane equipment.

The Type I Haversack contents are entirely alchemical/nonmagical (other than the haversack).

As you can maybe tell by the two examples above, I've already picked over Dungeonscape for what it's worth. Now I turn to the Playground. Are there any other books that provide nifty (or not so nifty) equipment extras? I've already looked through Arms and Equipment, Magic Item Compendium, and a few third party equipment supplements.

I didn't include any third party stuff, and I tried to keep the Dragon stuff to whatever was in the Compendium, but I went through every other book for 3.0/3.5.

Kaulesh
2010-12-13, 10:56 PM
The Type I Haversack contents are entirely alchemical/nonmagical (other than the haversack).

Thanks for the reminder. I enjoyed reading through that the first time I found it and now that you mention it, I'll probably use those at some point.

I suppose I should have phrased my question better. I'm specifically looking for mundane things you can add to armor/weapons/etc such as wand chambers, hollow hilts, etc.

poignant123
2010-12-13, 11:01 PM
http://www.realmshelps.net/magic/weaponsps.shtml
http://www.realmshelps.net/magic/armorsps.shtml

A lot of these are actually mundane add ons, most of them from Dragon.

You could always use crystal keep for weapon abilities, they're list is probably larger.