PDA

View Full Version : You know there's Comet, and Cupid, and Donner, and Blitzen... (PEACH)

LOTRfan
2010-12-13, 07:54 PM
Through a combination of templates, advanced HD, and minor homebrew adjustments, I bring you the Flying Reindeer.

Reindeer, Flying
Medium Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 3d10+2 (11 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 50 ft., Fly 100 ft. (average)
Armor Class: 18 (+3 Dex, +5 natural), touch 13, flatfooted 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+5
Attack: Gore +5 melee (1d4+2 damage)
Full Attack: Gore +5 melee (1d4+2 damage)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like Abilities
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, scent, Easy Learner
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +1
Abilities: Str 15, Dex 17, Con 15, Int 2, Wis 11, Cha 4
Skills: Listen +3, Spot +3
Feats: Endurance, Alertness
Environment: Cold plains
Organization: Herd (8-9)
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: 4-6 HD (Medium); 7-9 HD (Large)
Level Adjustment: -----

This creature appears to be just like any old Caribou, until it leaps into the air. Flying at an incredible speed, it easily escapes hunters.

Exactly who bred Flying Reindeer is unknown, but they are slightly more enduring (and obviously more magical) than the standard, run of the mill Caribou. Flying Reindeer are a rare and special sight indeed, and, when found, is often attributed as a sign of good luck. Many more primitive peoples of the northern wastes see Flying Reindeers as good omens, and that their appearance shall bring good gifts to their tribe over the winter.

Flying Reindeer are usually seen in groups with of their own kind, but may occasionally be seen in integrated herds with the more mundane breed.

Combat
Flying Reindeer rarely engage in combat, preferring to flee using their supernatural flight. When forced into combat, they prefer to bull rush past opponents before escaping.

Flight (Su): This functions as regular flight, except it is supernatural in nature. As a result, an anti-magic field leaves a Flying Reindeer grounded.

Spell-like Abilities: 3/day- Snowsight*, Obscuring Snow*. Caster Level 3rd.

Easy Learner: Flying Reindeer are very easily trained, and as a result DCs to train them decrease by -2. The amount of weeks necessary to teach a Flying Reindeer a trick is reduced by one (minimum one week).

Carrying Capacity: Light load 99 pounds or less; medium load 100 to 199 pounds; heavy load 200 to 400 pounds. A flying Reindeer can drag 2,000 pounds.

*See Frostburn

Itous
2010-12-13, 08:34 PM
i know its random but i need a Santa for my campaign setting with a sack of random gifts, anyway you can help?

-----EDIT-----
when i say random gifts i mean i roll some dice and randomly generate an item with a random ability or something, its for a D20 Modern game Naturally.

LOTRfan
2010-12-13, 08:39 PM
I actually have stats, but its more like Saint Nicholas-esque than the modern image, so that probably won't help you (besides, that's saved on my other computer anyway, and I can't access it until later this week), but if you need any help, sure, I'll lend a hand. Are you going with racial hit dice or character levels?

LOTRfan
2010-12-13, 08:42 PM
Oh, just read your edit. Sure, I'll help. Never actually played d20 modern, though. Is the power level similar?

Also, the creature catalog's version of Santa has three sample toys (http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/view_c.php?CreatureID=1301).

Itous
2010-12-13, 08:55 PM
highest magical enchanted weapon is +3 instead of +5 spell levels only go up to 5th level too, all the schools are pretty much the same, smaller spell lists, doesn't matter though if all items have charges or one use effects it will.

i hadn't thought about levels or HD or anything like that to be honest but maybe it would be better to have a bad ass Santa like in south park who can kick ass if it helps spread peace and joy through troubled areas, like in the episode where Santa tried to take Christmas to Iraq or Afghanistan.

randomly pulling out enchanted guns, bullets, weapons, computers, anything really from his magic sack, traditional magic items are good as well providing their bonus doesn't exceed +3, the sack could be restricted to only work for him, anyone else uses it its a sack....

maybe some sort of fabrication and extra dimensional chest enchanted on the sack perhaps?

Debihuman
2010-12-14, 09:38 AM
The flying reindeer look pretty good (I should have mentioned it first but I'm doing so now).
As for Santa, why not just use the official WotC stats from St. Nickolas the Gift-Giver (you have to down load the pdf). See also the gnomish toymakers at the bottom of the page and other goodies): http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20011222x

There are stats for flying reindeer in the Santa pdf as well.

Debby

Itous
2010-12-14, 10:22 AM
wow thats fantastic, i've downloaded that and will place it in my world immediately how ever the random give generator would be pretty much useless in my modern world, so would need some sort of random gift generator

maybe Santa should have a sack which produces small boxes each one with limited wish cast on it so if they wish for something there could be a chance of getting it, or perhaps a table where you can litrally roll

anything from new shoes, food, new cell phone, things like that...... i like the choices avalible for the bard and barbarian though but i don't think giving the characters giving them a +3 enchanted tec 9 for christmas is a good idea XD

whatcya think?