PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.5 tecknology and upgrades

JD0G93
2010-12-14, 06:23 AM
this is a thread for mundane (non magical) technology upgrades and rules my dm and me made in our campaign for creating a new tech. First you must eastablish your technology level most campaigns are set in a medieval dark ages type setting with magic. here is a basic idea ranged weapons. and if these are rare at best this isn't your technology level they must be available widespread so ask your DM or show him this
crosbows and bows base (dark ages)
hand cannons (level 1)
muskets (level 2) (colonial)
cartriged ie bullets (level 3) (civil war)
lever or bolt action (allows multiple attacks before reload) (level 4) (WW1)
semi or fully automatic (allows multiple attacks in a round) (level 5) (WW2)
high powered (extended range, increased damage and nockback or down (level 6) (cold war or vietnam)
explosive bullets (extra fire damage and lights flamable stuff up)(level 7) (modern times)
these are if you are in a standard medival setting set the base level by asking your dm where he thinks you are (it is his world after all) and adjust acordingly.
to invent or discover this kind of technology (these all require craft (gunsmithing) and (bullet making) once you have discovered them) requires Knowledge (technology and engineering) which is used specifically as an inventor skill used in conjunction with a craft skill to invents stuff. you use it to learn to craft more difficult or advanced things or lower the check to craft more difficult things already known like making adamantine weapons and such. the basic premise is you tell your dm "hey i wanna make a tank with sloping armor and a full tank cannon" if your in the dark ages this is near impossible. you spend the number of levels above yours plus 1d4 days and make a check dc 10+5 times the tech level sloping armor is modern ie level seven so the check is 7 times five plus tenv dc 45. you can now make an armorsmithing check to make any armor you build onto anything sloping. this ads whatever the tech level above yours was to the armorsmithing check. ie +7 in this case. for a complete list of upgrades just ask

Eloel
2010-12-14, 07:26 AM
This belongs here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)