PDA

View Full Version : Online Gaming Platform

Elemist13
2010-12-14, 11:29 AM
Hello everyone,

Our GM is about to start an internship and will be leaving us in a few days. I was wondering if anyone knows of any good free to use online gaming platforms that we can continue our DND game on. We just need something simple, chat function, dice roller, perhaps something similar to netmeeting whiteboard for battle mats.

Sipex
2010-12-14, 11:31 AM
I believe map tools will do you.

valadil
2010-12-14, 11:31 AM
Try Maptools.

Zuljita
2010-12-14, 11:59 AM
heh i just signed up (first time poster long time lurker) to second this. I <3 maptool made by the good people at RPTools (http://rptools.net/).
I've been working on a trimmed down framework for 3.5 in maptool that i would be happy to share. There are very complicated frameworks that work out grapple rules and the like for you, which is a bit much for the groups i run with.

We do a variety of games once a month depending on who is currently prepped for a session.

we've done SR4, 3.5 & 4th, Gurps, VtM, SWSaga, Exalted and Kobolds ate my baby all without much issue. the biggest thing we struggle with is how much automation we want.
The maptool community is huge on automating everything, the issue is that we don't want games to get so distant from the rules that we don't have to learn them, that and if you don't like a pre-existing framework, writing code is a bigger drain on your resources than session prep.