PDA

View Full Version : [Metro] Residence #12, Highburn Street

celtois
2010-12-14, 10:39 PM
Residence #12, Highburn Street, Metropolis

"σπίτια γιά πώληση"
A Metropolis Thread

Jutting out of yet more ugly, grey buildings, comes an ugly, grey building, a spired block of apartments and flats that spears itself, angrily, into the skylit heavens, as if trying to pierce its way out of the hellhole that is this city. Windows lie in neat, small rows, perhaps with lights shining out of them if the bulding's residents can afford them, allowing people flying past to see into the dank squalor that most of the block (and, indeed, city) is trapped in.
Should one be walking towards the building, way down from the bottom, where the high-rise buildings, and heavy clouds of smog, and smoke, and fog, intefere with the sky, interrupting the lightrays that try, ineffectual, to be noticed - the only illumination down here coming from the faintly glowing sign pointing out the nearby Underground train station, a few street-lamps dotted about, and a row of rather tacky fairy lights and argon lamps that indicate the aforementioned building.

It seems, on the ground floor, there's a small shop. It has big windows, bulletproof, showing little in particular but a few rather tacky looking ferns and a few cans of food. If this no-doubt dazzling display doesn't put you off right away, one enters to see rows and rows of shelving, with tinned and canned goods, food and drink, shipped in from cities away, others bruised or dented from falling from airlifts. In boxes at the end of each aisle, stained and grubby, there lie piles of miscellaneous goods, all old and falling apart: broken radios, half-dry batteries, ripped comics, and the like. Should one actually want to buy anything here, they'd plunge across the grubby floor, avoiding the eyes of possible thieves, and pay at the small, brightly painted till and counter, where little laminated signs (on pink and orange paper) alert you that you must show your ID card when paying for goods. The shopowner is a frail NPC of unclear racial origin, who looks like he wouldn't be too hard to take down. Yet, the dried bloodstains (ineffectually scrubbed at with bleach) indicate that perhaps there's more than meets the eye.

Beside the shop's entrance, there's an elevator, with a button to go up. The button's smashed, of course, and, once you go inside, you'll discover that some lovely occupant has urinated in the interior, at some point in the past, and the aroma still pervades. Buttons inside the lift can take one to any floor above.
A stairwell, winding and spiralling, with a couple of missing steps, winds up through the bulding too, serpentine, stopping off at public toilets (which makes you wonder why a certain person had to go in the elevator) and maintenance cupboards along the way - often at quite unexpected times.

On each and every floor above the shop, the situation's pretty much the same. Flickering flourescent lights pulse across the ceilings, casting a poor light across the scarlet-carpetted corridors, each and everyone stained or scuffed by a particular substance, the pale lemon-cream wall paper flaking and breaking at each and every glance. Doors, every few metres down the wall, are identified by scratchy deep green or crimson paint, and by locks, painted gold, many of which are breakable. On every floor, there's actually a fairly well-stocked communal kitchen.
What's inside a room is mostly up to player, but rooms are generally of poor quality, containing nothing out-of-the-ordinary, unless someone actually brings it in. If you want a room fixed up, you'd have to ring up the NPC maintenance; but it's unlikely they'll come. Most people try and fix things themselves.

Residents:

OOC Notes:
Obviously, abide by Metropolis and Forum rules. Basically anyone can try and buy/rent a room, but you have to roleplay it, and please PM the thread creator if you do, so it can be put in the first post to alert players of where you character lives. You must have an ID card to get hold of a room - so people who're illegally here will have to fake it to get a room. If you apply for a room, you get it for a week free, while you look for employment, but then you're on your own.
The apartment block is near to nearly anywhere you want it to be, but if this is abused, such an addition will be taken away.
Like in The Hollow, this thead's first post may occasionally update, so do check it occasionally, please.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-14, 11:10 PM
[Shop]

Krystal sighs a little. She's leaning over the counter, staring at the door.

She's been here three weeks now. And, at most, there's been four customers a day here.

Still, she couldn't complain too much. It was an income. Not much, but still enough.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-15, 12:55 AM
James walks in, glancing around at the insides of the residence. He takes in the grubby look of the place, and eventually walks over to the store counter.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 12:58 AM
Hey Krystal! A customer!

Krystal looks up at James with her pure white eyes.

Welcome! Anything I can help you with?

Gimliggamer
2010-12-15, 01:05 AM
And James looks back with eyes that have brown colored irises. "Hey. Do you have any long-lasting food here like jerky or other such things?" James asks, still looking around the place.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 01:09 AM
Krystal nods. She comes out from behind the counter and leads him to the shelf.

Yep, bunch of canned food and jerky and that stuff all right here.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-15, 01:13 AM
"Thanks. I'll take a pack of jerky. How much will that cost?" James asks, glancing around at various other things, eyes always wandering.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 01:15 AM
Let's see...it'll be [average price of jerky]. She'll ring him up.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-15, 01:18 AM
"Thanks." James says, paying for the jerky and adding about half of the orginal price and handing it over.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 01:20 AM
Oh, no, you don't have to do that. She's a little reluctant to take tips. After all, everybody here needs their money.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-15, 01:26 AM
"You deserve it." James says. "You're probably more helpful and friendly than most of the people in here. Not that thats saying much but still."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 08:41 PM
Well, if he insists on it...

Krystal takes the tip. She glances at the door behind her, then reaches below the counter and hands over a candy bar.

Here. Feel bad about you giving me change and me not giving you anything.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-15, 08:49 PM
James hesitates for a moment, and then takes the cand bar. "See ya 'round." He says, heading out the door from where he came in, a small white card fluttering down to lay amongst the various garbage on the floor. To put it bluntly, James isn't in the building anymore. I'm sure the walls care.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 08:51 PM
The walls do care!

Krystal notices the card and sighs a little.

Stupid people dropping garbage...

She'll go over to pick it up and look at it.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-15, 09:03 PM
It looks like what appears to be a business card. It has his picture, name, and address. On the flip side of it, it has just one word: Recruiting

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 09:06 PM
Krystal mouths the word on the back as she reads it.

Curious, she quickly pockets the card, looking around to make sure nobody is watching.

She makes a mental note to go check out the address when her shift ends.

Creed
2010-12-15, 09:14 PM
And just in time for an ash gray cat, most likely covered by the ash that litters the alleys of the city, to slip in as the man walks out.
Amos knew someone had to be in here. Someone just came out, of course.
And then he wandered around the store, where he may be seen by the clerk.
Or maybe not.
:smalltongue:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 09:16 PM
At first, Krystal doesn't see the cat. She was distracted by the card, after all.

But, as she returns to her post behind the counter, she sees it. And smiles a little.

Well, hey there. How did you get in here?

She'll go over to pet it.

Creed
2010-12-15, 09:19 PM
"Well the doo- er, um." he communes telepathically, slipping up.
The cat meows happily at the petting.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 09:22 PM
Krystal blinks a few times, stunned.

Did you...did you just say something? In my mind?

TruorTupnm
2010-12-15, 09:34 PM
Dr. Farcy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9972546&postcount=14) shuffles inside, dragging a suitcase and growling to himself about how he'll never be able to get any stronger to make dragging the thing around any easier. He directs an unintended glower at Krystal and Amos, resentfully flashes his I. D. at Krystal, then growls, "I was told to come here to get a room." He glances around and twitches. "Oh. I should pick up some...food, as well."

Creed
2010-12-15, 09:39 PM
Krystal blinks a few times, stunned.

Did you...did you just say something? In my mind?

"Uuuuum.... sorta? But seriously, what did you expect in a city where a super is more common than dirt. A mutant cat isn't that abnormal, really."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 10:26 PM
Krystal shrugs at the cat. Yeah, that makes sense.

Then she turns to Dr. Farcy. Hi. Um, gotta talk to the landlord about getting an apartment. I just run this store.

As for food, we got some over here. She'll lead him to the food area. Not a very large selection, mind you. It is just a little convenience store, after all.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-15, 10:34 PM
Farcy, "Mm,"s at the redirection. He looks her up and down, as she take him to the food, gauging her for threats, due to the blood stains and the landlord not looking too intimidating. He shrugs, "I'll be back, then." He softens a bit, as he watches the cat follow Krystal around.

At the landlord's desk, he requests a room again.

((sorry about that. I wasn't sure if the landlord's desk and the shop place were the same place. I'll roleplay the landlord, unless someone else wishes to. I suppose that anyone could come up with any cool power for him to be intimidating with))

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 10:39 PM
Farcy, "Mm,"s at the redirection. He looks her up and down, as she take him to the food, gauging her for threats, due to the blood stains and the landlord not looking too intimidating. He shrugs, "I'll be back, then." He softens a bit, as he watches the cat follow Krystal around.

At the landlord's desk, he requests a room again.

((sorry about that. I wasn't sure if the landlord's desk and the shop place were the same place. I'll roleplay the landlord, unless someone else wishes to. I suppose that anyone could come up with any cool power for him to be intimidating with))

EDIT EDIT: Nevermind I got the position back!
EDIT: Darn, kerfuffle can have landlord I guess then.
(I'll be the landlord!)

A man walks out of an office and behind the desk, his body well built and his skin a fiery red. He glares at the good doctor,
What do you want?
He spits petulantly, rubbing at the two horns extending from his temples, his razor sharp teeth flashing as he speaks.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 10:39 PM
((As I understand it, the bloodstained NPC guy is the shop owner. He has nothing to do with the apartments. But, I guess we could make him the landlord as well. Kind of makes sense.))

When he looks her up and down, a few things should stand out. One being that her knuckles and wrists seems to have a fair amount of scarring on them. Another being that her eyes are pure white. And the last being that her hair seems to be made of fine strands of crystal.

She nods. Okay, then. Shop's open till eleven tonight.

Mr. Landlord doesn't say anything in response. He just hands the good doctor the necessary paperwork.

Nevermind that part, then.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-15, 10:46 PM
Noticing Krystal's scarring and not being able to figure out what sort of horrible mutant she is, Farcy sniffs and suggests that she moisturize, as he heads for the landlord.

Encountering the horned guy, he, "Ugh!"s but hastily directs an admonishing glare at him, as if it's his fault that he was startled. "I was told to come here for a room. The bigger, the better, but I can see that I might not have much choice, here."

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 10:51 PM
The large man grins, his pointed teeth an array of gnashing little knives, and a contract flashes into his hand from flames.
All the rooms are the same, sign you X on the line, paythe fee and let me see your ID, in that order.
His large muscles flex underneath his shirt, which is tighter than it would be because it is tucked into his pants. He pulls at his suspenders and then finds a pen in his pocket. He hands over the writing implement and then grins, a tail swishing behind him.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 10:51 PM
Krystal raises an eyebrow at the moisturizing suggestion, but lets it go. She can't go off on a customer while she's working. Her boss would probably fire her for that. And she needs the job.

Anyways, she returns to behind the counter, and waits.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-15, 11:00 PM
The guy's tail swishing causes a bit of a nervous tic in the doctor. He hastily follows the instructions, though, and hands the pen back. "The key, then?" One more tail swish and he explodes with, "Must you do that?! And stop grinning, it's disgusting! Have you no pride as a human being?"

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 11:07 PM
He chuckles and shakes his head,
I'm not very human anymore, it's not like it matters anyway. Here you go.
He whips his tail up from under the counter with a key on the end,
Just remeber the rules, no calling the cops, no making me have to call the cops and no pets.
He smiles again and the contract disappears in a je of flame,
Have a nice stay.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-15, 11:20 PM
Farcy snatches the key and growls, "Fine. And could you at least clean up these stains?" He points at the blood stains on the floor and is about to offer suggestions on what works best to get them out, when the contract disappearing almost makes him lose control of his bladder. One deep breath and some jangled nerves later, he tosses the landlord a glare that wouldn't be very effective at cowing anyone, as he beats a hasty retreat back to the shop. I must see about finding a better place! I had such a nice condo, back on Earth...

Back in the shop, he, "Blech!"s at the selection and presents a stack of canned goods to Krystal, at the register. He asks her, tiredly, "Is there any place with a larger selection than this?"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-15, 11:23 PM
Krystal nods, her opinion of the man lowering by the second.

Yep. Grocery store over on Main near Fourth.

She rings everything up and tells him the total, which will be about average cost for such items.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 11:23 PM
The landlord cackles and enters his office again, his onyx eyes alight with amusement. He sits behind his desk and props his feet up, lightly bumpin his name tag, Luc I. Ferris.
I was born for this job...
He says to himself as he counts the money he just got.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-15, 11:43 PM
Farcy grabs his groceries and curtly nods his thanks to Krystal. And then, on to the elevator and whatever room he's gotten! Inside, he would most likely be disappointed. He wouldn't consider calling maintenance for anything, mostly because he wouldn't expect any help here, but also because he wouldn't want to deal with that landlord again. He'd sort through his groceries and other belongings, then flop face-down on the no doubt horribly mistreated mattress, so that he can scream into it. First day in Metropolis.

To edit, he'd head back out to check out the nearby bar and be back several hours later, obviously drunk. Back in his room, he'd glance around and think about making something to eat but decide that it's too much trouble and head for his room. In there, he'd poke a finger with a needle and drop a drop of blood in a glass of water on the bedside table. He'd then flop on his bed fully clothed and fight to stay awake until he can think a bit more clearly to record on one of those tapes that doctors always carry around, "Obnoxious police force. No particulars. Got the job. Of course. Eager co-workers. No red flags yet. Cafeteria needs sweeter tea. Two and a half packets of sugar fixed the glass.

Landlord would make a wonderful test subject, but will have to wait. Don't be surprised by him. Probably just an amateur magician that looks funny. Surprisingly, no hostile mutants.

The Hollow, bar. Dorothy, very good bartender. No noticeable mutations, so should probably find out, unless you find a better bar. Am mildly drunk, now, but it was much better than expected and not far from home.

See about finding a better place to live and research. A car. Work starts in three days. Check out the research labs, tomorrow."

Rogue Nine
2010-12-16, 02:51 PM
Dr. Deadite enters the store, leaving his "borrowed" bike on the side of the street. He waves at the clerk, afternoon, Krystal, got anything new in? He heads over to the boxes of miscellaneous merchandise and begins rummaging. You never know what good pieces people throw away, he sort of talks out loud as pulls out some parts to buy and sets them aside. He pauses as he finds a seemingly broken radio. He turns it over in his hands a few times, then closes his eyes, reaches inside with his mind, finds the problem, and fixes it.

Opening his eyes, he turns on the radio. Static bursts out at first, but it tunes itself to an oldies station (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f2xrt5AdqE) (which might not be in this area... or this dimension. He might have boosted the signal a BIT too far). Deadite stands, and as the radio's power cord falls out of his lap and to the ground, he sheepishly grins. How much for all this?

TruorTupnm
2010-12-16, 03:21 PM
[Doctor Francis Farcy's Apartment]

Upon waking up, as will become routine, Francis gasps, "Where am I? What's going on?!" He'll poke around his apartment hesitantly, since his unchanging ability has just reset his memory to when he first developed it, and he used to live in a nice condo. He'll recognize some of his stuff, though, and conclude that if he has been kidnapped, he at least has a bit of freedom. He spots his recorder and plays the thing back. The first thing on it is the instruction to drink the water at his bedside table. When he does so, all of his memories up until he went to sleep come rushing back. He breathes a sigh of relief at knowing who he's become again, but it is gradually replaced by a scowl, as he considers how much worse off he is, nowadays. After listening to his recording and making a quick breakfast, he'll head out, wearing his doctorin' getup.

[The Store]

His scowl fixed to his face, he marches around until he finds one of those economy-sized packages full of water bottles. If they wouldn't have that, he'll just pick up a bunch of cheap bottled drinks and take them to the counter, where he, "Agh!"s at Dr. Deadite's appearance, dropping his bottles. "Wh, What are you?" Noticing that Krystal probably isn't particularly concerned, he slides his hands down his face with embarrassment and picks up his bottles, which he attempts to pay for, while fuming.

On his way out, he registers the fact that the guy was wearing a doctorin' getup of his own. He turns around to glare at him and point at his coat. "Is that supposed to be some kind of joke?"

Rogue Nine
2010-12-16, 03:38 PM
"Doctor Tobias 'Deadite' Derringer, homicide. And before you ask, I don't work for the police, I just like to let people know how I died. It avoids embarrassing questions later." He realizes the new guy is boggling at his clothes as well as his appearance. "Yeah, I probably should have changed first, I just got outta surgery for the day and needed a break.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-16, 03:52 PM
Farcy really tries not to stare, but he eventually just stops trying because it's actually pretty interesting to see a body moving around like that. He raises an eyebrow at the doctor's explanation for the coat. He reaches out for a professional handshake but makes as if holding his bottles is suddenly more important. "I'm sorry. I just...don't expect the mutants here to be actually be doing anything constructive. You're a surgeon, then? As am I. Francis Farcy, neurologist. I was just hired at Saint Charles. Yourself?"

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 04:01 PM
Dr. Deadite enters the store, leaving his "borrowed" bike on the side of the street. He waves at the clerk, afternoon, Krystal, got anything new in? He heads over to the boxes of miscellaneous merchandise and begins rummaging. You never know what good pieces people throw away, he sort of talks out loud as pulls out some parts to buy and sets them aside. He pauses as he finds a seemingly broken radio. He turns it over in his hands a few times, then closes his eyes, reaches inside with his mind, finds the problem, and fixes it.

Opening his eyes, he turns on the radio. Static bursts out at first, but it tunes itself to an oldies station (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f2xrt5AdqE) (which might not be in this area... or this dimension. He might have boosted the signal a BIT too far). Deadite stands, and as the radio's power cord falls out of his lap and to the ground, he sheepishly grins. How much for all this?

Krystal smirks a little. Just the usual stuff. And stop breaking stuff. Owner'll have a fit if he knows that's you that's been doing that. She tells him the price for what he has.

[The Store]

His scowl fixed to his face, he marches around until he finds one of those economy-sized packages full of water bottles. If they wouldn't have that, he'll just pick up a bunch of cheap bottled drinks and take them to the counter, where he, "Agh!"s at Dr. Deadite's appearance, dropping his bottles. "Wh, What are you?" Noticing that Krystal probably isn't particularly concerned, he slides his hands down his face with embarrassment and picks up his bottles, which he attempts to pay for, while fuming.

On his way out, he registers the fact that the guy was wearing a doctorin' getup of his own. He turns around to glare at him and point at his coat. "Is that supposed to be some kind of joke?"

Krystal rings him up for the bottles with no trouble. She still doesn't like him.

Farcy really tries not to stare, but he eventually just stops trying because it's actually pretty interesting to see a body moving around like that. He raises an eyebrow at the doctor's explanation for the coat. He reaches out for a professional handshake but makes as if holding his bottles is suddenly more important. "I'm sorry. I just...don't expect the mutants here to be actually be doing anything constructive. You're a surgeon, then? As am I. Francis Farcy, neurologist. I was just hired at Saint Charles. Yourself?"

Hey now. Watch what you say. She's addressing the comment about mutants being constructive.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-16, 04:25 PM
Farcy raises both eyebrows with the power of cynical amusement. "Ha! Power corrupts, young lady. And with this environment and this government, we'll be even less likely to be happy, little, well-adjusted mutants."

Rogue Nine
2010-12-16, 04:26 PM
Just the usual stuff. And stop breaking stuff. Owner'll have a fit if he knows that's you that's been doing that.

"I'll keep it to a minimum, but he still owes me for fixing that TV in his place, so I'm sure he'll keep quiet."

"I'm sorry. I just...don't expect the mutants here to be actually be doing anything constructive. You're a surgeon, then? As am I. Francis Farcy, neurologist. I was just hired at Saint Charles. Yourself?"

"Surgeon, Internal Medicine, I've even delivered a baby or two. And Saint Charles is the reason *I* have a job too. But you won't see me working there." He looks at his watch. "I should get back. Here you are, Krystal." He pays, waves at everyone, and leaves. The radio continues to play, even though it is still unplugged, and he straps it to the handlebars.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 04:32 PM
"I'll keep it to a minimum, but he still owes me for fixing that TV in his place, so I'm sure he'll keep quiet."

"Surgeon, Internal Medicine, I've even delivered a baby or two. And Saint Charles is the reason *I* have a job too. But you won't see me working there." He looks at his watch. "I should get back. Here you are, Krystal." He pays, waves at everyone, and leaves. The radio continues to play, even though it is still unplugged, and he straps it to the handlebars.

Yeah, but I'll have to hear him complain about it. She smiles at him as she takes the money.

Farcy raises both eyebrows with the power of cynical amusement. "Ha! Power corrupts, young lady. And with this environment and this government, we'll be even less likely to be happy, little, well-adjusted mutants."

She glares at him for a moment, then shakes her head, sighing. And not every mutant out there is gonna go all gun-ho and takes on everybody they can.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-16, 04:36 PM
[Store]

I hear malice.
The landlord walks into the store and smiles his sharp grin.
It sounds like I just missed the good doctor.
He swishes his tail once.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-16, 04:41 PM
Farcy tosses an, "Ah...Okay?" at Dr. Deadite, wondering if the guy was implying something that he'd have to watch out for at Saint Charles. As the guy leaves, Farcy shakes his head with annoyance at just having spoken with a guy who calls himself Dr. Deadite. He nods at the guy, indicating him to Krystal. "I don't really like change, whether it's good or bad. Hey, maybe he's a nice guy. Too bad he became a mutant and felt that he had to drop his own name."

Ah, and, to edit, Farcy turns to the landlord and deliberately as well as casually nods a greeting at him.

((Dang, I need to make my own awesome NPC in one of these threads.))

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 04:44 PM
Krystal folds her arms over her chest.

And who said he dropped his name? Maybe his last name really is Deadite. You don't know.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-16, 04:46 PM
Are you complaining about the good doctor now too? Man you have some problems with this place.
Mr. Ferris grabs a soda and tosses some money onto the counter,
He's a good guy, not his fault he's undead.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-16, 04:50 PM
Farcy rolls his eyes. "Uh, huh. What nationality is that? Transylvanian?" He waves a calming but probably still pretty negligent hand. "Anyway, we're in Metropolis. You have to expect the worst, even if half of the rumors aren't true."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 04:52 PM
Well that's just a terrible attitude to have. No wonder you're so grumpy all the time. She takes Mr. Ferris' money for the pop.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-16, 05:00 PM
Farcy takes a deep breath, then inclines his head mock-politely. "Thank you for the water, Krystal. You're a grand example to mutants everywhere." With that, he'll head out, but he'll wonder if he really is grumpy all of the time. I restore my memories every morning. Sure, the reminders that I record for myself aren't very optimistic, but am I missing something?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 05:01 PM
When he leaves, Krystal mumbles a few nasty things about him.

He really rubs her the wrong way.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-16, 05:02 PM
I'm gonna start calling you Dr. Buzzkill, because man you sure are depressing...
Mr Ferris pops the top of his drink and takes a sip,
You should really lighten up, make the best of the situation. I mean, look at me, I turned this into a venture in real estate.
He flicks his tail as the doctor leaves,
How's it going Krystal? Been having an okay time? Sorry there isn't much to do, best job I got for you though.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 05:05 PM
Krystal nods.

Yeah, can't complain too much. I mean, it's a paycheck, right?

IcemanJRC
2010-12-16, 05:08 PM
That's true. So how'd we do today? Get many customers? Or just the doctors?
He takes another swing of pop and licks his teeth...

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 05:10 PM
So far, just those two and a guy that bought some jerky.

Said guy also dropped a card with an address that Krystal wants to check out later. But she doesn't say that.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-16, 05:12 PM
Alright, I guess you can by done for today, probably won't get anyone else. Alright?
He frowns lightly.

I gotta deadtime, may be back later.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 05:15 PM
Krystal shrugs a little. You really expect me to object? She grins. Then she'll head upstairs to her second floor apartment to change out of her work uniform.

A few minutes later, she comes back down and heads out of the store.

Beans
2010-12-16, 10:52 PM
Back in stumbles a regular here. Dull red raincoat going with her reddish swoosh of hair, she adjusts her geeky-looking glasses.

Jacky's home.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-16, 11:41 PM
If she doesn't head immediately for her apartment, she might get bumped into by a slightly drunk Dr. Farcy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9972546&postcount=14). Noting her wings, he'd shudder with disgust and head for his apartment, where he'd go through his usual routine of recording some notes about things that happened to him that day and leaving a bloodied glass of water by the bed. Second day in Metropolis.

Beans
2010-12-17, 03:14 PM
She shrugs off his reaction to her wings and heads into her apartment, sighing.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-18, 12:04 AM
Krystal comes back into the building. Done with work for the day, she heads straight for her apartment.

Free to talk if somebody sees her on the way.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-19, 05:03 PM
In his apartment, having been running around the city for various reasons all day (I'd probably employ that creepy plotclone thing that occurs here, if there's something interesting elsewhere that wouldn't interact with this event), Dr. Farcy sits on a ratty old armchair that he hauled in, at some point. He glares through his ratty old window at the lights outside. Most of them are just regular lights, but a few are up specifically for the holidays. "Waste of time and money, if you ask me!"

Surprised to hear himself speak, he notices that his throat is a little parched, so he heads to the ratty old refrigerator to pick up a glass of eggnog. After heading back to his chair, he looks out the window again and ho-hums to himself. "Ah, I think I'll stay in, tonight. No need to visit the bar, tonight. I'll just warm myself up with a bit of eggnog, then turn in for work, tomorrow." His fridge is filled with several gallons of eggnog, as it takes quite a bit to warm him up.

Morty
2010-12-23, 02:00 PM
Lech shows up in the building, carrying a large trunk and a large backpack. He's going to need lodgings and this place is the only thing he could find.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-26, 07:49 PM
After an awkward car ride to the apartment building, Jen stops her car outside and gives Farcy a regretful look. She looks as if she's about to say something, but she glares when he puts an arm around her. Her patience snapped, she warns, "Doctor..." She gasps and jerks, when she feels something prick her neck, but it takes effect before she can do much beyond slumping forward.

Farcy catches her and nods grimly, "That's right. You're going to be just fine. I will do everything I can to put things back to normal." Anyone that he'd run into on his way to his apartment would see him move her along beside him. He'd make that little drink to mouth motion and shake his head with exasperation, making her out to be quite drunk.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-26, 09:38 PM
As soon as he's in his apartment, he locks the door and rushes her to his bed. Luckily, she's very light. Any windows that he has would be curtained and such, of course. As he moves eagerly about, turning on some music and setting medical sciencey stuff around, he speaks into his recorder often, "Subject is female, mid to late twenties. Did she say? Only minor physical mutations are apparent. Subject has given no indications of anything further." After dosing her up again and securing her head, he goes for the kill with a bone drill and, later, a syringe filled with a specially-prepared bit of himself.

The response is immediate. He forgot about how resistant he was to drugs and curses as he scrambles to restrain her. Jen struggles to rise and, when she registers Farcy's form over her, lashes out with her talons. Focused on keeping her quiet, Farcy gets a few slashes on his forehead but manages to clamp a hand over her mouth. He grabs for her arms with his other hand, and probably gets punched in the gut, but he keeps up a drone, "Shhh... If this works, you will be a big step forward for my cure. Don't you want to leave this place? First, just like you said, I need to get reacquainted with myself. What you have been injected with is a part of me. Not too much, or you'd be in a lot more pain. Let's just see if this works, shall we?"

At some point in there, she stops struggling and looks back at him, her eyes changed. Farcy raises his eyebrows hopefully and, after a bit, lets her arms go. She doesn't attack, so he says, "Merry Christmas..." then removes his hand from her mouth.

Her voice is the same, but the speech patterns are his, "What's going on? Are you some kind of shapeshifter?"

Farcy growls, but he just can't stay mad at himself and provides a mirror while asking, "Can you tell me your name? What was the last thing you remember?"

A light turns on in the victim's brain. "Ah! I was disoriented! Yes, Merry Christmas to me. I remember, now. Is it Christmas?" She reaches for where Farcy normally keeps his recorder on his bedside table, then spots it in the guy's hand and gestures that he should turn it on, which he does. "I remember the plan. Step one seems to have been a success. Complete memory transfer since the time the sample was taken. Tie me down. We can't be sure when it will wear off."

Farcy Prime nods and ties her down with an extension cord that happened to be lying around. Jen-Farcy, rushing happily, "Get some real restraints, next time! I must be the first! Why did you take the receptionist? She'll be missed, won't she?"

Farcy Prime shrugs sheepishly, bending over so she can see that, with her head stuck in place. "I was having a bad day, and she made herself available. I'll be more careful, next time, of course."

Just as he gets her tied down, she tries to kick at him. "What did you do?! I hear a voice in my head! What?"

He reaches out to cover her mouth again, but her body calms down, although her eyes look plenty confused. Farcy frowns. "The dosage was too low. Well, I expected that, the first time. If you can hear me, well, it doesn't really matter. You'll be gone in the morning, anyway. Nice to talk to someone with sense, for once."

Jen-Farcy replies, through gritted teeth, "Yes. Too low. I can hear her in here, and she's fighting to move. I don't have access to her memories. Dose me up. Good luck." Farcy nods and doses her up again, this time with something that let's type will put her to sleep and give her a bit of short-term amnesia. He then cleans things up, unties her, and drives her to some abandoned parking lot, somewhere, from which he jogs home. Back in his room, he hunts around for feathers before he heads to bed, quite content.

When he wakes up, he goes through his usual routine of not knowing what's going on. This time, though, he feels the marks that Jen's talons made on his forehead. "Ouch. Hope I didn't get too drunk and get some lady mad at me!" Once he takes his medicine and gets his memories back, though, he is quite sure that he hasn't done anything wrong.

iElf
2010-12-28, 05:39 PM
Ikako stares up at the giant house, checking the address she got again

DoomITP
2010-12-28, 05:45 PM
Ikako will find that the address is correct and that she is now in front of Adam's house.

iElf
2010-12-28, 05:49 PM
Ikako will go to ring the doorbell then, holding the wallet, now devoid of cash

DoomITP
2010-12-28, 05:50 PM
Adam will answer the door.

Hey.

iElf
2010-12-28, 05:54 PM
Adam will answer the door.

Hey.

She blushes, and hands him the wallet, while staring at her feet...

DoomITP
2010-12-28, 05:59 PM
Adam shall take the wallet.

Would you like to come in? There's no need to be nervous.

iElf
2010-12-28, 06:05 PM
Ikako nods, and comes inside, still not saying anything

DoomITP
2010-12-28, 06:11 PM
What's wrong? I'm not mad.

iElf
2010-12-28, 06:12 PM
she looks tense

"...I wish you were...it would be easier "

DoomITP
2010-12-28, 06:15 PM
Easier in what way?

Adam asks as he offers Ikako a chair.

iElf
2010-12-28, 06:19 PM
she frowns "Then I would have felt better stealing your cash...I would have felt justified in a way...but this...this almost makes me want to give the money back..."

DoomITP
2010-12-28, 06:23 PM
Well I've never been easy to make mad and you need the money so it's not a big deal to me.

iElf
2010-12-28, 06:47 PM
Ikaku looks down "...i see...and it doesn't bug you that I tries to blatantly rob you?"

DoomITP
2010-12-28, 07:03 PM
Nope. I did not have anything important in my wallet.

iElf
2010-12-28, 07:19 PM
Nope. I did not have anything important in my wallet.

she frowns "... do you really make that much money, that you don't care if it's gone?"

DoomITP
2010-12-28, 07:22 PM
No. I just think there are things more important. Not to mention the fact that I let you have the wallet.

iElf
2010-12-28, 07:52 PM
Ikaku sighs "...I live off people like you...I steel what I can to get by..."

DoomITP
2010-12-28, 07:56 PM
I'm afraid that you did not steal from me. I knew what you were doing. Why not try to get a job? I would be willing to give you one.

iElf
2010-12-28, 08:06 PM
I'm afraid that you did not steal from me. I knew what you were doing. Why not try to get a job? I would be willing to give you one.

she frowns "...I...don't really want one. I'm hardly qualified for anything anyway..."

DoomITP
2010-12-28, 08:13 PM
You will probably be qualified for the job I had in mind though.

iElf
2010-12-28, 08:22 PM
You will probably be qualified for the job I had in mind though.

she frowns "....what do you have in mind then?"

DoomITP
2010-12-28, 08:55 PM
Just running the cash register, helping me teach. One thing I can promise is that it won't be boring.

iElf
2010-12-28, 09:03 PM
Just running the cash register, helping me teach. One thing I can promise is that it won't be boring.

she frowns "...I don't know...I hate desk jobs...."

DoomITP
2010-12-28, 09:09 PM
You get to throw people.

iElf
2010-12-28, 09:12 PM
she thinks for a minute "....are you sure you're ok employing a kleptomaniac?"

DoomITP
2010-12-28, 09:19 PM
If I take the money out of the cash register as often as possible that won't be a problem.

iElf
2010-12-28, 09:41 PM
If I take the money out of the cash register as often as possible that won't be a problem.

she sighs "...and the locker room?"

DoomITP
2010-12-28, 09:57 PM
The lockers have to be opened by me.