PDA

View Full Version : [Metro] Random Locations/Streets

Pages : [1] 2

celtois
2010-12-14, 10:50 PM
Random Locations & Streets Thread
"σπίτια γιά πώληση"
A Metropolis Thread

This is the location for all those locations in Metro that are too small to warrant their own thread but are needed for one scene or another.

Library, Police Station, Abandoned Warehouse. We have it all here.

In addition this thread is merged with the streets thread so all the random locations about the streets belong here too.

The city streets - dirty, littered with debris and garbage. They are the same ashy gray color as the rest of the city, and despite cleaning crews working around it clock, there is never a marked improvement in its appearance. Wild dogs and cats can be seen down alleyways or in dumpsters. Every now and then, there is a city-provided bench or trashcan - cemented down, of course. A few of the alleys are home to those with no other place to lay their heads - and though the authorities chase them out nearly every other day, they return.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-14, 11:00 PM
[That One Street Corner]

A young man stands on a corner, playing the saxaphone. His drab jacket lays limp on his shoulders, the once crisp, deep black, now a dingy, faded, coal color. His eyes look around the streets lazily, stormcloud colored pools to catch any people that may be around. He kicks his battered saxaphone case lightly when somebody walks by, his black canvas shoes torn and pock marked, his pants frayed and a dingy green in color, hang low on his hips. His black t-shirt with a white line drawing of Pisces on it, is wrinkled and faded with several stains on it. It's obvious he's been on the streets for a while and well, he hasn't done anything about it. As he groves with his sax, a man walks by and drops a dollar in the case. He smiles briefly, sucks in some air, and begins to grove once again

Viera Champion
2010-12-14, 11:02 PM
A cat walks up to the man playing the sax. A cat that is too white to even be albino. It mewls.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-14, 11:05 PM
The sax man looks at the cat and, seeing nobody at the corner currently, sits down.
Hey little cat dude, what's cracking?
His voice is mellow, slightly raspy, but actually pleasant overall, like a grandpa or something. He holds out a hand for the cat and snorts lightly.
You just chilling I bet.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-14, 11:06 PM
[Saxaphone Street]

John trudges through the streets, kicking rocks with his hobnail boots. He doesn't look happy. He notes the man and the cat, but doesn't say anything, just leans against a streetlight and listens.

Viera Champion
2010-12-14, 11:14 PM
The cat morphs into a fourteen year old boy, who is whiter than seems humanly possible. Whiter than someone affected by Albinism. Even his hair and shorts are white. The boy smiles cheerfully.
Hello!

IcemanJRC
2010-12-14, 11:18 PM
The mans hand briefly turns into a wispy black smoke before recollecting back into his hand as the boy morphs. He narrows his eyes and says,
Kid, it's best not to do that. Some people are a lot more dangerous than me and a quick change like that would have them at your throat. Startling people is dangerous.
He sighs and stands up,
Do you want something dude?
He plays a soft, slow song on his instrument as he waits for the boys response.

EDIT: Deadtime mostly.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-14, 11:59 PM
John sighs, and walks on.

Rogue Nine
2010-12-15, 01:44 AM
[Mercy Medical]

Mercy Medical Hospital. Once a bright light of hope, now an abandoned wreak of a building. The times had changed, the city grew, and a bigger and better facility was built. But that hospital required an ID for entry, and it was ran and monitored by the Government, so many residents-- namely prisoners-- refused to trust it.

But hope remains, even if it's just a glimmer. MM has reopened its doors, at least secretly. If you don't have an ID badge, or just don't want the Government knowing any more about you, then Mercy Medical is the hospital for you.

The building is a four story brick facade, with several windows on the first two floors smashed and boarded. The main doors remain chained, more for the appearance than for security, but the people in the neighborhood know several back ways in. The first floor is almost completely ruined, but the upper levels remain relatively untouched, as does the basement (currently occupied).

Dr. Deadite wipes his forehead as he continues to work on his current patient- a simple procedure, but under the current circumstances, even a simple case can be deadly.

We have a bleeder! I need a clamp. Dammit, I said a clamp, not forceps! And bring that light closer. The robotic arms (self built) do as they are bid, controlled by Deadite's powers as he focuses on the surgery. The bleeding is stopped, and Dr. Deadite closes up. "Good work. Take him to the ICU. I'll be up in a minute." The motorized bed leaves the operating suite and heads towards the elevator, the patient still sedated. Dr. Deadite looks around. He's only been working for a few weeks, and his case load was already full. Word got around that a doctor who didn't care if you were registered was in town, and... well, thank whatever God there was that Dr. D didn't need sleep.

He checks his computer, a kludged together device he's been tinkering with for years that is more powerful than almost any other in the world. That was his last patient for the night, he could finally rest. Well, once he's made sure everyone upstairs was still alive. He smiles at the irony as he heads up to check on his patients.

[Dead time for sleep, real and imaginary]

TruorTupnm
2010-12-15, 02:08 PM
[Saint Charles Memorial Hospital]

The other hospital. The large, brightly-lit, I.D.-requiring, government run hospital. The one with the signs pointing it out and the funding to get the best equipment. Although it is government run, the government realizes that this is a hospital in Metropolis, so the place emphasizes professionalism, no matter what's wrong with you. Of course, the place still has cops stationed there, and they have various ways to control people with various powers, but that stuff is necessary to keep some patients from harming themselves. In the early days of the city, there were some instances of powered patients being taken advantage of while recovering, but the cops now keep just as strict an eye on themselves, here, as they do on the mutants. The place also has a bunch of research labs that have attracted lots of people from outside to study mutant volunteers and any new illnesses that might spring up.

Dr. Farcy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9972546&postcount=14) plodded his way down the street, slowly and resentfully sliding his gaze around, as he approached the hospital. They don't deserve me. I've worked in better hospitals, been paid more than this place is offering. I should just be a fry cook. That'd show 'em!

He flashed his I. D. at the door and, after tiredly snearing at the thing, put it away. Inside, he took a deep breath and allowed the energy of the hospital to seep into him. He thrived on the efficiency of a well-ordered hospital, and, after a moment, a grim smile grew on his lips. Who am I kidding? I might have flown here myself, just for the research!

He started at the attractive receptionist, when he realized that she wasn't just vaguely exotic-looking. Her hair was actually a crest of red feathers, and her eyes were those of a bird of prey. "Ah, hello. I am Dr. Farcy, here for an interview, in ten minutes. Where am I headed?"

The lady gave him a warm smile and tapped her name badge with a pen. "Hello, I'm Jen. Dr. Farcy? Let me see..." After a bit of typing, a door behind the desk snapped unlocked, then opened to admit a cop made a lot more bulky by the glut of equipment he was wearing. Jen glanced behind her and waved Dr. Farcy. "Could you take the doctor to his interview, please? We wouldn't want him getting lost, on the way."

Farcy grimaced, then shrugged as if it didn't really matter, when Jen gave him a commiserating look. "Yes, fine. Take me in, then."

((And I can breeze by an interview to get him a job, or someone can come up with some cool dude to hire him. Whatever works.))

Viera Champion
2010-12-15, 04:27 PM
The mans hand briefly turns into a wispy black smoke before recollecting back into his hand as the boy morphs. He narrows his eyes and says,
Kid, it's best not to do that. Some people are a lot more dangerous than me and a quick change like that would have them at your throat. Startling people is dangerous.
He sighs and stands up,
Do you want something dude?
He plays a soft, slow song on his instrument as he waits for the boys response.

EDIT: Deadtime mostly.

You can get me out of this miserable city.
He say glowering.

Beans
2010-12-15, 04:33 PM
Swish. Swish.
It's that girl again. The street-cleaner with the bomber jacket and the white hair, the oxidized-copper-green eyes and the big, black gym shoes with hopelessly gaudy green stripes.

Swish. Swish.

She's cleaning the street a ways down from Quartz, pushbroom in her hands and a canvas bag on one shoulder.

Swish. Clink.

She picks up a dented can and puts it in the bag, the recyclable-waste bag.

Then she notices Quartz and blinks curiously.

Viera Champion
2010-12-15, 04:35 PM
Swish. Swish.
It's that girl again. The street-cleaner with the bomber jacket and the white hair, the oxidized-copper-green eyes and the big, black gym shoes with hopelessly gaudy green stripes.

Swish. Swish.

She's cleaning the street a ways down from Quartz, pushbroom in her hands and a canvas bag on one shoulder.

Swish. Clink.

She picks up a dented can and puts it in the bag, the recyclable-waste bag.

Then she notices Quartz and blinks curiously.

Quartz turns to look at her, the pale white skin of his bare skin sparkling in the sun.

Beans
2010-12-15, 04:36 PM
[Street Corner]
She comes closer...
... Hi?

Viera Champion
2010-12-15, 04:42 PM
[Street Corner]
She comes closer...
... Hi?

The boy smiles at her.
Hello.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 04:43 PM
[Street Corner]
Seeing as the strange boy has found an equally strange girl, he goes back to grooving, the mellow jazz wafting out into the air and circling around the heads of passers by. He closes his eye and sways with his song.

Beans
2010-12-15, 04:44 PM
... Why are you sparkly?
Are you sure you're not made of recyclable stuff?

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 04:59 PM
Why don't you try and sweep him up and see?
Art smiles as his stoner voice wafts its way over on the wings of his sax.

Viera Champion
2010-12-15, 08:57 PM
Why don't you try and sweep him up and see?
Art smiles as his stoner voice wafts its way over on the wings of his sax.

He frowns at them.
Don't make fun of my skin disorder!

Creed
2010-12-15, 09:05 PM
Javelin XIII wa suppose to be relocated after the Enigma Incident.
Relocated somewhere with a catnip garden and a coffee bar.
Instead he was relocated to a prison.
Amos scowled (as much as a sentient cat can) as he thought of the Colonel's idea of a joke.
Sure, give me a reprieve. Done with fighting.
And now you get to hang out in Metropolis and kick twice as many criminal asses as you did on the outside. Except now half of them know who you are.
Amos mewed and strutted down the street, his previously white fur turned gray by the copious ash.

Beans
2010-12-15, 09:06 PM
He frowns at them.
Don't make fun of my skin disorder!
[Corner]
But I'm not!
Her gloved left hand clutches her pushbroom to her side.

Viera Champion
2010-12-15, 09:10 PM
[Corner]
But I'm not!
Her gloved left hand clutches her pushbroom to her side.

He grumbles and morphs into adorable lttle kitty form.

Creed
2010-12-15, 09:11 PM
Amos continues towards the corner, a plan formulting in his mind as he sees the large group of people.
He walks into the middle of them and plops down on the pavement, then says to all the humanoids on the corner, telepathically.
"Awww, look at the cute kitten! He looks so sad... you should take him home and get him some coffee, amirite?"
The coffee bit might have overdone it, he realizes.

EDIT: Attack of the cats much?

Beans
2010-12-15, 09:15 PM
[Corner]
Tabby looks confusedly at the kitties.
... Mister Bristles, I'm scared.
She hugs her broom.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-15, 09:16 PM
((Might as well throw another in...))

A skinny black cat, around three years old, wearing a battered red fedora, pads up to the group.

Do these people have food?

He meows to the other cats.

Creed
2010-12-15, 09:17 PM
[Corner]
Tabby looks confusedly at the kitties.
... Mister Bristles, I'm scared.
She hugs her broom.

Amos looks up at her at this.
Mr.... Bristles? The broom...?
Yeah, um... ne....
Happy Christmas!
the ash grey cat backs off then takes off at full tilt, in mortal fear of Mr. Bristles.

Viera Champion
2010-12-15, 09:27 PM
Amos looks up at her at this.
Mr.... Bristles? The broom...?
Yeah, um... ne....
Happy Christmas!
the ash grey cat backs off then takes off at full tilt, in mortal fear of Mr. Bristles.

Quartzite morphs back to human form an looks at the girl.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-15, 09:31 PM
[Corner]

Seeing one cat run and the other change into a boy, Trilby looks up at Quartz and meows.

Can you understand me?

Is said in feline.

Beans
2010-12-15, 09:32 PM
[Corner]
... Hi again?
Tabby is alarmed.

Viera Champion
2010-12-15, 09:33 PM
[Corner]

Seeing one cat run and the other change into a boy, Trilby looks up at Quartz and meows.

Can you understand me?

Is said in feline.

Of course I can. I wouldn't be a very good shapeshifter otherwise now would I.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 09:36 PM
Crazy dude. Just, kinda tripy...
Art puts down his sax and looks at Trilby,
Please be a normal cat...
He holds out a piece of jerky.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-15, 09:38 PM
[Corner]

I don't know. I can change my shape too, but I'm always a cat.

Trilby meows, and briefly looks like a much younger kitten.

I've never really met any other shapeshifters before. And I've been on my own for the past couple of months, normal cats don't seem to like me much.

Ohwait, food! Trilby jumps on the jerkey and begins nomming down.

Beans
2010-12-15, 09:39 PM
[Corner]
Uh... I think Mr. Bristles and I are going home...

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 09:41 PM
Art grimaces as the cat changes,

At least you're not a person...
He sighs at the crowd gathering and looks around at each of them. As Mr. Bristle's and Co. announce there leave, Art coughs a bit,
Who's Mr. Bristles?

Beans
2010-12-15, 09:49 PM
[Corner]
She indicates the push-broom.
Him.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 09:50 PM
Oh, terribly sorry.
He says somewhat sarcastically, holding his hand out to shake with the broom.
I must have missed him.
He isn't being a total jerk, just a little tired and irritated.

Beans
2010-12-15, 09:54 PM
She lets him shake Mr. Bristles's's's handle.
Lots of people think he's just a broom 'cause he only talks to me.
And he's shy around other people.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 09:57 PM
[Corner]

Well, I'm sure that he's a great guy anyway.
He's starting to change his tone, she may be kinda creepy, but the girl and her broom were funny at least, maybe he finally found someone to hang out with. Being a saxophone playing street bum is boring after a while.

Beans
2010-12-15, 10:00 PM
[Corner]
She starts sweeping up around him. Might as well be a sax bum with a clean venue.
((BTW, the best thing ever was when I witnessed a teamup of traffic cop and street corner sax player to produce the Addams Family theme.))

Rae Artemi
2010-12-15, 10:02 PM
[Corner]

Done with the jerky, Trilby sits down next to Art's feet and looks up at him, for all the world just looking like a regular, curious kitten.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 10:04 PM
[Corner]

(Sounds spectacular)

Art smiles and begins to play a some clean shaven jazz. The sound echos through the street and around the corner. It can be heard for a long way and it's pleasant. He smiles at the cat and girl and even the broom, it's good to have an audience.

Beans
2010-12-15, 10:06 PM
When he's done, Tabby claps.
That was nice!

Rae Artemi
2010-12-15, 10:08 PM
[Corner]

Trilby starts to sway to and fro with the music, his head bobbing back and forth, the bright red of his hat standing out against the dull gray of the city.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 10:12 PM
[Corner]
The song ends and Art chuckles lightly at Trib, then looking to Tabby and saying,
Thanks, I really appreciate finally haveing an audience. His voice is light but still raspy and he chuckles again.
Does anyone have a request?

Rae Artemi
2010-12-15, 10:15 PM
[Corner]

Swanny River!

Trilby meows, but he probably won't be understood.

Beans
2010-12-15, 10:21 PM
[Corner]
Sorry, but I dunno many songs, so I can't really request stuff.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 10:26 PM
He nods,
It's alright, I'm gonna play you a song, been a favorite of mine for a while now. Learned when I first picked up the sax and it's real dear to me.
He smiles and he buts the instrument to his lips, he then begins to play a swinging song, sounds like dancing music, and he smiles as he belts out note after note, the music pulsing through the air like electricity and he taps his foot along with it. The tempo is quick the notes buzz and it just gives off a real dancing vibe.

Beans
2010-12-15, 10:40 PM
[Corner]
Mr. Bristles supplies a brushing rhythm.
Aww yeah.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-15, 10:42 PM
[Corner]

And Trilby starts meowing along to the tune. It sounds a little better than you'd think, but he's still just a cat, he ain't no Sinatra.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 10:46 PM
[Jam Session Street Corner]
The funky beats attract several people who gather around the performers, laughing, cheering, clapping along, or even tossing some money into the saxophone case. The crowd counts at about ten people and Art smiles at the growing audience as he continues to lay down those swinging grooves.

Beans
2010-12-15, 10:48 PM
Tabby is shy, but brushing like this is fun! She giggles, keeping up the jamses.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-15, 10:58 PM
[Corner]

Trilby will continue with his meowing, prancing up and down the line of spectators, catching any sort of food that may be thrown. You never know, it could happen.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 11:03 PM
[Corner of Awesomeness]
The song ceases after a nice chunk of time and Art sucks in some breathe. He smiles wide and picks up his case filled with money.
Alright you've been a great audience, but we performers gotta eat, so I guess the shows over, my tummy's grumbling.
A couple spectators chuckle and walk off, some hand Art another dollar or two and the rest just walk off silently like they weren't just having a great time. As everyone else vacates, Ar looks to Tabby and Trilb,
Can I interest youthree in some food?

Beans
2010-12-15, 11:04 PM
[Corner]
Yes please.
She smiles and nods.
She doesn't expect him to offer Mr. Bristles any food because Mr. Bristles is a broom and he doesn't eat. He told her, of course!

Rae Artemi
2010-12-15, 11:05 PM
[Corner]

Trilby nods vigorously, his hat popping off of his head a couple of times.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-15, 11:06 PM

The interview was basically just him flashing his resume, the interviewer praising him as a godsend, since most of the doctors there have virtues more along the lines of well-meaning than talent with a knife. He gets shown around, introduced to people, and asked if he can start working as soon as possible. He stops by the cafeteria to try out the sweet tea, then he heads out to find a place to settle in.

[The Happenin' Street Corner]

As he's walking down the street, he sees the crowd evaporating. "Huh. Bad street performers?" He spots a saxophone player, a cat, and a street cleaner and decides to walk down the other side of the street.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 11:10 PM
He smiles,
Alright, we can go hit up this bar I know, I heard their food is okay.
He gestures broadly down the road and then begins to lead them to the Hollow for eats and drinks.

Beans
2010-12-15, 11:11 PM
And Tabby follows him, folding up Mr. Bristles's's's handle and sliding him into a special pocket in her newly-emptied recyclable-waste bag.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-15, 11:16 PM
[Corner]

Trilby follows too, happily bouncing as he walks. Food! Twice in one day too! He hasn't been this happy since before Owner had to give him up.

IcemanJRC
2010-12-15, 11:18 PM
[Street infront of The Hollow]

Art nods and stops in front of the grungy building,
This is it, enter please.

And the trio moves to The Hollow.

Rogue Nine
2010-12-16, 01:18 PM
[Mercy Medical]

Dr. Deadite leaves the hospital and heads towards Highburn Street. Along the way, he sees a kid working on an old battered bicycle so he walks over to help. The boy recoils at Deadite's appearance and bolts. Ungrateful little snot. He then sees what the boy was doing: trying to break the lock. Doc remembers that this bike had been on the street for a few months, the owner was probably a Normal who was dispossessed from his land. Or maybe they were dead.

Dr. D spends some time working on the bike, and then he rips the lock apart. He mounts the seat and rides off.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-16, 03:02 PM
[Random Sidewalk]

Dr. Farcy strides down a sidewalk, pingponging his head from side to side, always alert for horrible mutants (or even the non-powered cops) to avoid. He headed in to the research labs attached to his hospital, earlier, and found a great deal of information that he had already gleaned, before being sent here. It is a good source of mutant volunteers to study. And the fact that they're all prisoners gives me some freedom to work, but they'll never let me study everything I need to know. A private practice wouldn't be approved here, though. I'll just have to see what I can really get away with, there. Or just work something out with the cops...

He'll be wandering around the city, for a while, surreptitiously checking things out. He'll discovery Mercy Medical and keep it in mind, mayhaps coming back later to see what their policies regarding research are. When he thinks that he really isn't being watched, he'll place bottles of urine in various places around town. They'd all have some kind of symbol on them that he would recognize as his, if he ever happens to have lost his memory and need to get it back by drinking something that came from himself.

Viera Champion
2010-12-16, 05:18 PM
Quartzite sits in the middle of the street. Everyone left him.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-16, 05:23 PM
((Is he in human or animal form, at the moment?))

If he's in human form, Farcy'd offer him a bottle of water. If he's in cat form, he'd probably kneel down to offer some petting. If in some other form, he'd probably just stay out of its way.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 05:48 PM
[Streets]
James walks from the general direction of The Hollow, looking behind him every now and then to make sure he's not being followed. Sooner or later, he arrives on Shadow Street, and walks into a medium sized house labled '7777 Shadow Street'.

Viera Champion
2010-12-16, 08:52 PM
Human form. He accepts the water graciously.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-16, 09:01 PM
After handing the bottle over, he'd stick around, just in case the guy drinks it really fast, since he'd like to get the bottle back, if it wouldn't be too much trouble. He sticks his hand out and attempts to sound friendly, "Greetings. I'm Francis Farcy. I'm a new arrival. You wouldn't happen to know about any decent restaurants in town, would you?"

Viera Champion
2010-12-16, 09:12 PM
After handing the bottle over, he'd stick around, just in case the guy drinks it really fast, since he'd like to get the bottle back, if it wouldn't be too much trouble. He sticks his hand out and attempts to sound friendly, "Greetings. I'm Francis Farcy. I'm a new arrival. You wouldn't happen to know about any decent restaurants in town, would you?"

Quartz shakes his head.
Quartzite Cristol. And no, and don't have any money so I don't get to go to nice restuarants.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-16, 09:18 PM
Having expected that, he shake his head sadly and retracts the offered handshake. "Oh. I'm sorry. Is there some reason you can't get a job? I've seen several hiring signs, since I've been here, but I understand that some of us might have...complications, with some jobs."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 09:54 PM
[Streets]
James walks from the general direction of The Hollow, looking behind him every now and then to make sure he's not being followed. Sooner or later, he arrives on Shadow Street, and walks into a medium sized house labled '7777 Shadow Street'.

A while later, Krystal approaches the address. She checks between the building and the card in her hand a couple of times. Then she shrugs, walks up to the door, and knocks.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 09:56 PM
James opens the door. "Oh, hello. Welcome to 7777 Shadow Street. Please, come in." He says, opening the door wider."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 10:04 PM
Uh, hi. Krystal walks in, and waits for him to shut the door before speaking further.

So why'd you leave the card behind?

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 10:07 PM
[7777 Shadow Street]
He does. "Because I kill everyone who follows I leave those behind at various places around the city, waiting for people to eventually come." James says, quieting a nearby bird. "I'm trying to form a group of people to make this hellhole better." He explains.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 10:12 PM
[7777 Shadow Street]

Okay...well, you should probably think of a better way to do that. Cops could easily come in and bust ya.

She'll hold out a hand, which he might notice has scarring on the knuckles. Name's Krystal, by the way.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 10:14 PM
"I never specify what I'm doing on the card. And eventually, if my group is successful, new cops will replace the old ones." He shakes her hand. "And as you probably already know, my name is James."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 10:23 PM
Trust me, the word "Recruiting" is enough to get them beatin down your door.

She looks around the place.

So, anybody else here?

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 10:31 PM
"Hmm. I'll think of a suitable replacement. And no, you're the first one to answer. It's just me and my bird in here." He says, gesturing to a rather large blue and white parakeet perched on the back of a chair.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 10:45 PM
Oh, wow. She'll go over to the bird to pet it.

What's its name?

Beans
2010-12-16, 10:47 PM
[Subway Station]
With a hot meal in her and a content mind, Tabby returns home.
She pushes past the old revolving door and enters into her special place.
Nobody really knows how the car got into the subway station. Granted, it was a rather small vehicle as cars go...
Tabby hadn't minded that people had already stripped the convertible of its seats, radio, and everything else. Including the wheels.
She'd just plopped an old mattress into the empty space and called it a bed.
She took off her stupid gym shoes and snuggled down in the softworn heap of old blankets, one arm slung loosely across the long, straight shape that lay across from her.
Mr. Bristles.
G'night, Mr. Bristles...

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 10:48 PM
The parakeet purrs as it is petted. "Her name is Kitty." James says.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 10:54 PM
Hey there, Kitty. She'll pet it some more.

So, if you don't mind me asking, what do you do? Or, rather, what can you do?

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 10:58 PM
"If you're asking about my mutation, I can manipulate wind or air." He replies, a small breeze running through the house.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 11:05 PM
That has got to be handy for clearing your leaves.

Me, well... She forms a fist, and several small crystals suddenly slide out of her knuckles.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 11:08 PM
James chuckles. "And I presume thats useful for ungrateful customers?" He jokes.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 11:12 PM
Krystal chuckles. I wish. Probably get fired on the spot if I did.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 11:16 PM
"You can always hope." James says.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 11:20 PM
Yeah. Get a big sign on the counter. "Don't piss of the clerk if you don't want crystals in your face." She grins.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 11:22 PM
"I'm sure the landlord would approve. Not too sure about a doctor I saw in a bar though." James grins.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 11:26 PM
Doctor? What was he like? She already thinks she might know who it is.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 11:30 PM
"He was a bit of an elitist. And he was pretty analytical of mutants and generally everyone around him." James says.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 11:36 PM
Krystal nods a little. Sounds like I might've met the guy. Customer came in earlier with kind of the same attitude. Sadly, he got an apartment in the building, so I'll be seeing him often. Just hope he isn't on my floor.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 11:38 PM
Krystal nods a little. Sounds like I might've met the guy. Customer came in earlier with kind of the same attitude. Sadly, he got an apartment in the building, so I'll be seeing him often. Just hope he isn't on my floor."Well, if you ever get too sick of him you can always crash here. I kind of planned this out to house multiple people, just in case."

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 11:46 PM
Krystal nods a little. Thanks for the offer, but I think I'll be fine.

Besides, she just met the guy. And he's already inviting her to stay at his house? Kinda suspicious...

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 11:52 PM
"So, any more questions?" James asks.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-17, 12:01 AM
Krystal shakes her head. Nope. Just satisfying my curiosity. Might come back again later, though.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-17, 12:03 AM
"Okay then. See you later." James says, walking over to his bird to pet it.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-17, 12:09 AM
She walks out of his house and heads back to her apartment.

Rogue Nine
2010-12-17, 12:47 AM
[Mercy Medical]

Dr. D gets inside and locks up for the night, his hospital totally empty for the first time in a long while. Just him and his motorized companions... and his new finds. A seemingly blank wall slides open as he walks towards it, and he descends into the basement carrying his supplies. He unloads the parts he got from the store and begins to dismantle them, letting the radio play soothing tunes of a forgotten era for as long as he can. Unfortunately, he needs the antenna for other purposes, and it was able to be boosted without frying- a good sign.

He opens up a console in the same room and begins to remove fried components. Literally fried, like, melty even- beyond even his own power. He replaces them with the components from the radio and the other electronics he had taken apart, making circuit boards fit and do things they probably weren't intended to. He takes his time, and makes sure everything works before turning it on again.

(Deadtime.)

Viera Champion
2010-12-17, 05:52 AM
Having expected that, he shake his head sadly and retracts the offered handshake. "Oh. I'm sorry. Is there some reason you can't get a job? I've seen several hiring signs, since I've been here, but I understand that some of us might have...complications, with some jobs."

He shakes his head. Seems he just always lived in the streets because he did.

Diva De
2010-12-17, 12:20 PM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

A petite redhead (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9986530&postcount=23) arrives in a cab, a moving truck right behind her. She steps out and looks around, nodding and taking a deep breath. She bends down and retrieves a hand-carved wooden sign, the script delicate, a bit of filigree under the name.

Penelope Danvers, Psychology/Psychiatry

Smiling faintly, she adjusts her glasses and steps inside as the movers start unloading boxes and follow.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-17, 12:28 PM
Having not expected to meet a homeless person without much interest in getting a job, Farcy frowned. Are they all just lazy bums, or does this one just photosynthesize his food? He squashed the frown and attempted a bit of breeziness, "Well, if you're looking for a hot meal, I live just down the road," He pointed at the apartment building he'd come from. "Apartment 2B. I'm a doctor, so if you or any of your friends ever need any help, I'll be there. Or at my hospital, of course."

Viera Champion
2010-12-17, 04:46 PM
Having not expected to meet a homeless person without much interest in getting a job, Farcy frowned. Are they all just lazy bums, or does this one just photosynthesize his food? He squashed the frown and attempted a bit of breeziness, "Well, if you're looking for a hot meal, I live just down the road," He pointed at the apartment building he'd come from. "Apartment 2B. I'm a doctor, so if you or any of your friends ever need any help, I'll be there. Or at my hospital, of course."

Quartz isn't a lazy bum. He just sucks at any and all jobs he has ever done, no matter how simple. And it's not like he's dumb either. He just gets distracted very easily. But he does like food. He smiles.
Thanks.
In fact, he isn't even a bum. He lives very nicely even if he doesn't live in a house. Being an animorphis has made him born with a more animalistic mind so that is just how he lives.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-17, 08:08 PM
[Random Street]

Well, Dr. Farcy doesn't know any of that, but he does smile back and wave, as he continues on. "No problem. See you around." He'd then head for Saint Charles and the research labs attached to it.

Diva De
2010-12-17, 11:07 PM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

Penelope tips the movers and waves them away, then goes down the alleyway beside her building. Checking over her shoulder as she goes, she examines the masonry of the walls, as well as nods her approval at the addition to the back: behind the rear wall of the building, a new wall has been added - 15 feet high, solidly-made. The bright red of the new brick is a contrast to the older, brown stones of the original building, but she doesn't care. Various sounds of...animals?...are heard on the other side. Seeing that her private sanctuary is safe, secure, and complete, she heads inside.

A few minutes later, a new sign joins the one that advertises her services. This one is handwritten.

Residents of Metropolis are seen at no charge. Free consulation and first session for employees of the City.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-18, 02:38 PM
[Police Station]

The police station. The nerve center of the police in Metro. The very battery which charges the taser, the rifle which fires the bullet. In this fortress are two men walking up a desolate hallway. Their clothes are of black, standing in stark contrast to the sanitary, flat white of the walls and the dirty granite tiles of the floor. One wears leather gloves. The other only the same long-sleeved black uniform that the police wear off-duty. The fiber is durable and strong. The pants are of rough black canvas with and the boots are polished black and steel-toed. The lights in the hallway are blinding, so much so that as the two men stride down the hallway they must shield their eyes with their arms to prevent the glare of the light from interfering with their vision. The uniforms have names printed on the front, barely visible from across the room and the phrase "Metropolis Police Force" printed in white on the upper back of the uniform, Parker and Tomas. The clatter of their boots pounding against the floor as they walk resonates through the corridor. This is the sole noise in the hallway, apart from a muffled shout of angst from one of the bolted metal hatches they pass. They approach another secure, metal hatch at the end of the hallway.

"Today, Rookie, you get your first assignment. Interrogation. By now you know what to do."

Tomas speaks. Neither man even glances at the other, their eyes locked on their destination.

"Yes I do. It will be the highlight of my day. Well, other than having that chip inserted under my skin."

Parker chuckles. Their steps slow to a halt outside the room. Tomas swipes a keycard into a scanner at the side of the door. The door clicks as a lock is unfastened and the door slowly creeps open. Tomas motions for Parker to enter with his hand and seals the door behind him. Inside the door is a mutant strapped to a chair. It is slumped over and is nearly unconscious, its breathing slow and pained. Scars and bruises cover its body as much as the clothes it is wearing.

"You remember me. I have been observing you for the past couple of days. Now it is my turn. I notice your file is filled with discrepancies. For one, it doesn't mention your greatest fear, the most effective way to torture you."

The mutant's eyes stare at the wall, filled with disbelief.

"No...they wouldn't let you!"

"Really? Then tell me, what is this cage for?"

Parker scoffs as he draws a cage from behind a desk in the room that he had planted there earlier that day for effect. His blue eyes focus on the creature inside as he brings it near the mutant struggling to break free from the chair, so consumed by its fear to even let out a whimper as it sees the camel spider squirming about, a captive in the cage...but not for long.

A hatch is raised and the camel spider begins to crawl into Parker's gloved hand.

"N-n-no! I-I'll tell you anything!"

The mutant stammers, pushing as far back in his chair as it is able in an attempt to distance himself from the camel spider. It doesn't help that the chair is bolted securely to the floor.

"No need. Your, friend, told us everything."

The condemned mutant's eyes grow dark as the camel spider is placed on its lap. It flails about attempting to break free from its chair, tripling its efforts due to this threat on its lap. Its eyes have widened and sit like two marbles as his powers nearly activate, but fail due to the exhaustion of three days of torture. The mutant moans, pleading to be released with its eyes from which a steady flow of tears oozes as it begins to lose consciousness yet again,

"What did I do to deserve this?"

"You were born."

The mutant slumps over, unconscious again as Parker picks up the camel spider, throws it to the ground, and crushes it underfoot. He walks to the hatch and knocks on it. Tomas opens it from the other side and scans the room, grinning.

"This one is broken, when will I get another?"

"In good time, partner. As for now I will signal for cleanup of this area."

Tomas sprints off to inform the chief of Parker's success. Parker lifts his foot and steps out into the hallway, the bright goo which once was a spider dripping off of his right boot as he walks down the hallway to the locker room and prepares for patrol.

Viera Champion
2010-12-18, 05:36 PM
Quartz walks the street in his human form. Pretty soon the police would come out and clean up any stray supers they found lying throughout the streets. Supers like him who didn't have a home in this miserable city. They would drag them away with no real reason excapt for hatred. Quartz had been able to escape them every night so far, but it was only a matter of time before they caught him too.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-18, 08:35 PM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

Dr. Farcy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9972546&postcount=14), walking back to his apartment from yet another mutant homeowner trying to scam him into buying some worthless real estate, happens to notice the sign. Surpise blinks away his perpetual scowl. "A fellow professional! And a psychologist!" Thinking about how she could be useful to him, somehow, but mostly hoping that she won't be as intimidated or repulsed by him as most of the people at his hospital have been, he knocks on the door.

Shyftir
2010-12-19, 01:17 AM
Johan Ericksen, owner and sole employee of the "Mach 1 Couriers Company" was running along at high speed jumping over things and wall running around sharp turns. Every once and a while he'd rush into an alley and use various fire-escapes and platforms to scale a building then run along the rooftops for a bit before returning to ground level via daring leaps and flips.

He was fast but certainly visible and his crazy speedster parkour tricks were becoming well know in the city. Oddly enough, he'd occasionally get jobs from people who merely wanted to watch him reach the destination. these stunts and tricks were his best advertisement.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-19, 01:39 AM
[Streets-Wess's First Patrol]

"So, as initiation, you have to survive one night on solo patrol. Good luck. Remember, shoot first. We won't be there to back you up this time."

Tomas's voice thunders to Parker as he heaves open the hatch separating the sanctum known as the police station from the outside, mutant-infested streets. Out steps Wess clad in his standard Metro police gear (see character sheet) hand hovering over his pistol prepared to draw and fire his primed weapon if deemed necessary. Wess places his Aviators upon his face so that his eyes cannot be seen, as though he is hiding behind these lenses of darkness. Then, he smirks in a self-assured manner. Wess was truly looking forward to the events he was sure would transpire this evening under this cloak of dark which covered the city at so late an hour.

Thus, Wess tromps through the streets on a patrol in complete solitude, eyes scanning the streets as he proceeds. Heck, Wess even hums to himself as he walks to alert the mutants of his presence. Maybe one of them would try something stupid so he could murder it. It can't hurt him to hope, though it may cause others to be mauled if this event comes to be.

Shyftir
2010-12-19, 01:49 AM
[Streets]

Johan drops out of the sky spins around a traffic light a couple times then drops to the ground mere yards away form Wess. He turns and cries cheerfully. "BeautifulEveningOfficer!" and jets away. He is only kicking around at about 50 MPH right now. More of a decent trot then a real run for 'Han.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-19, 01:58 AM
[Streets]

Wess jumps when Johan appears. He watches Johan speed away, wondering if there was such a thing as a speed limit here and if he could ticket a mutant for exceeding it. He pauses and wonders for a moment, then resumes walking. If he was to run across a speedster he had to take down he would shoot it in the kneecap to prevent it from running away swiftly then apprehend it, he decides as he whistles the Super Mario Brothers theme.

Viera Champion
2010-12-19, 07:55 AM
[Streets]

Wess jumps when Johan appears. He watches Johan speed away, wondering if there was such a thing as a speed limit here and if he could ticket a mutant for exceeding it. He pauses and wonders for a moment, then resumes walking. If he was to run across a speedster he had to take down he would shoot it in the kneecap to prevent it from running away swiftly then apprehend it, he decides as he whistles the Super Mario Brothers theme.

A pure white cat sits and glares at Wess. It is so white it is literally impossible to see against the blackness of the night.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-19, 03:37 PM
A pure white cat sits and glares at Wess. It is so white it is literally impossible to see against the blackness of the night.

Wess passes the white feline, as he cannot see it against the blackness of the night. He might come within three feet of it as he does so. If the cat makes only a minuscule amount of noise or none at all, Wess should march past it without noticing it. He is now whistling the Luigi's Mansion theme cheerily as he scans the illuminated areas of the street, if any, and alters his route so that he passes through the light.

Viera Champion
2010-12-19, 04:19 PM
Wess passes the white feline, as he cannot see it against the blackness of the night. He might come within three feet of it as he does so. If the cat makes only a minuscule amount of noise or none at all, Wess should march past it without noticing it. He is now whistling the Luigi's Mansion theme cheerily as he scans the illuminated areas of the street, if any, and alters his route so that he passes through the light.

Oops. I meant to say it is impossible NOT to see him.

celtois
2010-12-19, 04:37 PM
[54th St. and Riverside Avenue]

Running down the middle of the street ignoring the indignant honking from the cars around him. Is a man.

His face is set in what looks like a permanent scowl, he's dressed in all black save for a santa hat placed upon his head.

He's not a particularly handsome man but neither is he really ugly.

In one of his hand he is holding most of a set of Christmas lights. Trailing out behind him is the rest of that line of lights.

ApeofLight
2010-12-19, 05:44 PM
[54th St.]

Sargent Marcus is walking down the street smoking his cigar.

celtois
2010-12-19, 05:52 PM
[54th]

The good Sergeant will likely happen across this odd scene. As the man runs through the middle of the intersection on a red light.

Car are beeping, there is angry honking and swearing from many of them.

Off to the side a news crew is reporting on the whole thing,

"Caught on film earlier today a man in all black save for a Santa cap came running down 54th S.T. Today carrying a strand of Christmas lights. Channel 3 news will bring you more on this story just after the break."

ApeofLight
2010-12-19, 05:53 PM
[54th]

Sarge pauses at the strange seen and shakes his head. " Crazy person. "

celtois
2010-12-19, 05:57 PM
[54th]

Well apparently Blink gets away with the lights.

The Channel 3 news people are scrambling trying to find out anything about what just happened. Trying to interview people in their cars or, or on foot, most of which just walk/drive away. Finally a reporter makes her way over to the Srgt. "Sir, would you care to comment on the incident we just saw?"

ApeofLight
2010-12-19, 06:01 PM
[54th]

Sarge takes a drag on his cigar. " Looked like a crazy man. Probably just one of many in this damn city. " The gruff military man says before walking off.

celtois
2010-12-19, 06:04 PM
[54th]

"And those are the comments from those who where here to watch the puzzling scene. Back to you Frank."

"Thank you Melody, we'll be back with more stories after the break."

The Alexandrian
2010-12-19, 06:57 PM
[Streets-On Patrol]

Oops. I meant to say it is impossible NOT to see him.

In that case, Wess notices the white feline as he patrols through the streets. Still whistling the Luigi's Mansion theme, he pauses and crouches to examine the kitty. Was it glaring at him? How odd. Wess stares at the cat for a moment, then claps his hands thrice to observe how it reacts. He is now wondering whether or not there is an animal shelter in Metro.

He doesn't particularly abhor animals (though he doesn't like them), and strays in Metro seldom lived long.

Viera Champion
2010-12-19, 07:00 PM
[Streets-On Patrol]

In that case, Wess notices the white feline as he patrols through the streets. Still whistling the Luigi's Mansion theme, he pauses and crouches to examine the kitty. Was it glaring at him? How odd. Wess stares at the cat for a moment, then claps his hands thrice to observe how it reacts. He is now wondering whether or not there is an animal shelter in Metro.

He doesn't particularly abhor animals (though he doesn't like them), and strays in Metro seldom lived long.

The cat doesn't move, just continues glaring at him. Though it does appear to be growing.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-19, 07:31 PM
[Streets-On Patrol]

Wess notes the cat's size increase or, at the very least, the alteration in his perception of the feline's size. This is a warning to him that this creature is a mutant, not a cat, or that a mutant is in his immediate vicinity attempting to play a prank on him. He stands up and in an intimidating and slightly irked voice orders,

"ID."

He is interested in where the mutant stashes its ID, assuming it has one. This order is not addressed to the cat directly, but to all the mutants in the general area, if any, as he is unsure of whether the cat is a mutant. He finds it safer to assume the cat is a mutant in order to avoid underestimating it. After all, in this city enemies are everyone and everything including his "brothers" in the law. Ignoring that principle even for a second could cause a policeman's demise.

In here, the world is against you. They will do everything in their power to slaughter you and everything you stand for whenever they find the courage to do so, Wess recalls.

Viera Champion
2010-12-19, 07:34 PM
[Streets-On Patrol]

Wess notes the cat's size increase or, at the very least, the alteration in his perception of the feline's size. This is a warning to him that this creature is a mutant, not a cat, or that a mutant is in the close vicinity attempting to play a prank on him. He stands up and in an intimidating and slightly irked voice orders,

"ID."

He is interested in where the mutant stashes its ID, assuming it has one. This order is not addressed to the cat directly, but to all the mutants in the general vicinity, if any, as he is unsure of whether the cat is a mutant, though he finds it safer to assume the cat is in order to avoid underestimating it. After all, in this city enemies are everyone and everything. Ignoring that principle even for a second could cause a policeman's demise.

In here, the world is against you. They will do everything in their power to slaughter you and everything you stand for whenever they find the courage to do so, Wess recalls.

It's a large white bengal tiger now, with an ID in its mouth, it is growling softly at him.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-19, 07:52 PM
[Streets-On Patrol]

"A bit antisocial, aren't you?"

Wess chuckles as he attempts to snatch the ID card from the tiger's mouth and read it, one hand resting near his weapon.

He isn't outwardly afraid of this perverse being, seeing as he has a toy he could easily utilize to splatter its underdeveloped brains all over the litter in the streets if it attempted to try anything, or so he thinks. Might get a nice rug that way too. He was trained to spit in the face of fear, and realizes that this thing must be very fearful of him, an advantage he must exploit. He must show no fear in order to effectively achieve this effect, though he may be inwardly cowering.

Wess doesn't hesitate in the snatch. It is one swift, fluid motion. As opposed to fear, he decides to be overcome with interest and act as such to distract him from the evident danger of this situation. What genes mutated in order to yield such a remarkable organism? Why?

He wonders about all these things as he stands attempting to read the ID, assuming he can even get the ID away from the tiger.

Viera Champion
2010-12-19, 07:59 PM
[Streets-On Patrol]

"A bit antisocial, aren't you?"

Wess chuckles as he attempts to snatch the ID card from the tiger's mouth and read it, one hand resting near his weapon.

He isn't outwardly afraid of this perverse being, seeing as he has a toy he could easily utilize to splatter its underdeveloped brains all over the litter in the streets if it attempted to try anything, or so he thinks. Might get a nice rug that way too. He was trained to spit in the face of fear, and realizes that this thing must be very fearful of him, an advantage he must exploit. He must show no fear in order to effectively achieve this effect, though he may be inwardly cowering.

Wess doesn't hesitate in the snatch. It is one swift, fluid motion. As opposed to fear, he decides to be overcome with interest and act as such to distract him from the evident danger of this situation. What genes mutated in order to yield such a remarkable organism? Why?

He wonders about all these things as he stands attempting to read the ID, assuming he can even get the ID away from the tiger.

He gets the ID from the tiger who immediately morphs into the human boy he is.
Happy? Now leave.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-19, 08:15 PM
[Streets-On Patrol]

Wess shakes his head at the child's remark and outright laughs at it to mask his inner shock.

"Must I remind you who runs this city? We do. Who owns you? We do. Who chooses if you live or die? Now scamper off, before I suddenly possess less leniency, a virtue which runs out quite rapidly among us humans."

Wess laughs as he tosses the card at the child.

Diva De
2010-12-19, 08:17 PM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

Dr. Farcy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9972546&postcount=14), walking back to his apartment from yet another mutant homeowner trying to scam him into buying some worthless real estate, happens to notice the sign. Surpise blinks away his perpetual scowl. "A fellow professional! And a psychologist!" Thinking about how she could be useful to him, somehow, but mostly hoping that she won't be as intimidated or repulsed by him as most of the people at his hospital have been, he knocks on the door.

The door is answered by Penelope, who smiles. Welcome - can I help you?

Viera Champion
2010-12-19, 08:20 PM
[Streets-On Patrol]

Wess shakes his head at the child's remark and outright laughs at it to mask his inner shock.

"Must I remind you who runs this city? We do. Who owns you? We do. Who chooses if you live or die? Now scamper off, before I suddenly possess less leniency, a virtue which runs out quite rapidly among us humans."

Wess laughs as he tosses the card at the child.

He snatches the ID out of the air with his snow white fingers and bares his teeth at him.
I said get lost.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-19, 08:23 PM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

Farcy doffs his hat and smiles politely. "Greetings. I happened to be passing by... I saw your sign and thought that I might be neighborly." He extends a hand for shakeage. "Doctor Francis Farcy. A neurologist, I'm afraid, but, from some of the mutants I've seen, we may have some of the same patients!"

Diva De
2010-12-19, 08:25 PM
Penelope smiles. Perhaps. But I am afraid we will never know. Confidentiality, you know. She steps to one side and gestures invitingly. Please come in. Perhaps you can give me some idea of what I am in for.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-19, 08:33 PM
He snatches the ID out of the air with his snow white fingers and bares his teeth at him.
I said get lost.

"Why should I? I have as much right to be here as you do, if not more. And if you want me to leave, you should try a more effective method. You should pout. If you pout, I will depart."

Wess continues to chuckle. Mutants. What a pathetic, ill-mannered lot. He takes a step towards the boy. He evidently desires that the boy stand aside so that he may continue his patrol as evidenced by a gesture for the boy to move to the left. This delay, though diverting, was consuming an excessive amount of his valuable time.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-19, 08:34 PM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

Farcy nods and says offhandedly, "Of course." At her gesture, he steps inside and takes a look around. "Well, I've only been in the city for a few days... Ah..." He grimaces a bit and clenches his hands together a bit. "I was actually deported." He holds up his hands defensively. "Although I have become a mutant, I am still quite capable. I'm still a doctor, at Saint Charles Memorial, actually." He grimaces again but calms down. "Everyone tells me that the police force here is rough, but I haven't had any notable encounters with them. I may have been too distracted with my work, though. There is a lot to do."

Viera Champion
2010-12-19, 08:46 PM
Quartz refuses to move.
I'm not some beast you can command.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-19, 09:06 PM
[Streets-On Patrol]

Quartz refuses to move.
I'm not some beast you can command.

"Look, kid, sometimes you are going to have to do things you don't want to do. You think I wanted this occupation? No. I was going to serve my country. Instead, I was literally shipped here, forced to uphold this empty cause. This isn't glorious war! You see, we are all commodities to the more important people, not even warranting a name. As much as you despise me and I you, we are going to have to coexist peacefully."

"I have a beating quota to fill, but I would prefer to fill it with others who actually deserve it, not kids. I could run you in for obstruction of the law or vagrancy, but I'm not going to. Now stand aside. There are probably cameras around here, and if this little event carries on much longer without you following orders, I am required to beat you or a worse fate will follow."

Again he motions for the child to stand aside. Wess at least deserved adults to beat. Children were below him. He would be mocked if he beat a child or maybe he just pities the kid, despite the child's genetic mutation. He speaks in a hushed tone at this point in a somewhat enraged tone, though this rage is not directed at Quartz.

Viera Champion
2010-12-19, 09:17 PM
He sighs and turns into a butterfly and floats off.

McBish
2010-12-19, 09:19 PM
[Streets]

John steps out of the Hollow and looks around. He flips out the business card that Penelope gave him and starts to make his way in that general direction.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-19, 10:53 PM
[Streets-On Patrol]

Wess watches Quartz float off then begins to head toward the part of town The Hollow is in, smirking. Humming the Star Trek theme to himself, he marches down the cracked cement path to his destination. Wess attempts to clear his mind at this time. He rubs his neck. Having a chip implanted into his body was really irritating. Regardless, he had a job to perform. It was merely an obstacle to overcome.

Wess tries to ignore the dilapidated landscape. It is very depressing and makes him question his position and Metropolis's existence.

Diva De
2010-12-20, 12:36 AM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

Farcy nods and says offhandedly, "Of course." At her gesture, he steps inside and takes a look around. "Well, I've only been in the city for a few days... Ah..." He grimaces a bit and clenches his hands together a bit. "I was actually deported." He holds up his hands defensively. "Although I have become a mutant, I am still quite capable. I'm still a doctor, at Saint Charles Memorial, actually." He grimaces again but calms down. "Everyone tells me that the police force here is rough, but I haven't had any notable encounters with them. I may have been too distracted with my work, though. There is a lot to do."

I have heard much the same about the police here and their...tactics. However, I do not anticipate any issues with them. I also have contact with the highest authority to correct issues that I feel are hampering my effectiveness with clients. The redhead smiles and closes the door, leading him into a medium-sized office. All the furniture is carved from sturdy, warm amber-colored wood, and doesn't look new. The walls are lines with shelves of books on a variety of subjects. On the shelf nearest the desk are medical books on both psychology and psychiatry, for quick reference. Penelope crosses the room and gently closes the laptop she had been working on. Nearby are the classic "psychologist's couch" and chair, but there are also more relaxed seats, gathered around a coffee table. Taking a seat in one of these, Penelope gestures to another. Well, Doctor, I am so glad you came by. I must confess, having not worked with people with mutations before, I am quite excited about the opportunity. Do you mind discussing it? Her voice is soft and pleasant, her tone even and calm, but he might detect just a hint of eager curiosity.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-20, 12:53 AM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

Farcy follows her to the office and swings by the bookshelves with a wistful smile. He takes the chair that's indicated and finally allows himself to really relax, when she implies that she isn't a mutant. He grimaces slightly, at her question, though, but he sighs and shrugs. "If I can be helpful, of course. I'm sure that you have been reading what the medical journals have to say. And if mutants pique your interest, the prospects aren't better, anywhere else. I hope to make several breakthroughs, myself. Possibly enough to even regain my freedom." He adds, with a flustered smile, "But were you interested in anything in particular? Oh, and call me Francis, please."

Diva De
2010-12-20, 12:56 AM
Francis, of course. Penelope leans back in her seat and folds her hands across her lap. The chairs are quite comfortable. I know that some research suggests that one is born with a latent mutation that only comes to light after a traumatic event or puberty, some major event that affects the person and brings their...ability...to fruition. Yet some other research indicates that a mutation may be caused by external means - radiation, et cetera. What I would like to know is your story, if you feel like sharing. If not, what you think or feel or have learned about all this.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-20, 01:19 AM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

Farcy, "Hmmm..."s and tries to remember if there were any events of much significance prior to developing his powers. He blurts out, jokingly, "My mid-life crisis, I suppose." He actually thinks about it for a second and looks kind of sick at the possibility, but he shrugs. "Well, I can heal people, but that is just a side effect of the fact that I can't change. In any way. It appears that I won't be aging, anytime soon. My body just seems to reset itself back to when I first started, well, noticing that I had changed, sort of."

He stops there, not wanting to reveal the complication that he ran into, when he first found out about his powers. He looks at the ceiling as he wonders about that mid-life crisis idea. They called me a genius, but I hadn't been doing much of note, at the time... He waves his thoughts away and continues, "Ah, I suppose that it isn't as dramatic as the mutants that show up on television. I feel sorry for them. Most of the mutants that I have worked on have had more traumatic experiences, from what I have gathered, but I suppose that you can chalk one up for, 'latent mutation occurring in the mid-thirties.'"

Diva De
2010-12-20, 01:32 AM
I see. And how did that make you feel? Special? Ashamed? Afraid? Penelope leans forward slightly. And how do you feel about it now, surrounded by others like yourself?

TruorTupnm
2010-12-20, 01:46 AM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

Having mostly popped in with the hopes of finding a fellow professional to chat in jargon with, he takes a deep breath and leans back, trying to be a nice guy and help her out with her research. Just getting accurate numbers in the books...he tells himself. He states, neutrally, "Special, no. Ashamed, quite. Afraid, very." Noticing her movement, he finally looks her in the eyes. "Mutants are sub-human. I pray that I don't end up like..." He flinches and takes off his hat, to fidget. "Well, I wouldn't say that I am much like them. I have kept my distance, for better research. I have been greatly inconvenienced by being deported here, but, hey," He spreads his arms. "Anything I can do to solve all of the mutant problems."

Diva De
2010-12-20, 01:56 AM
Penelope nods, finally putting her finger on what was off about this guy. Maybe the animals would help. Or business, since he seemed comfortable with that. So, neurology? I imagine that keeps one quite busy, quite up-to-date on the goings-on in the medical world. Is news flow into Metropolis as good as it is out there in the rest of the world?

TruorTupnm
2010-12-20, 02:07 AM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

Farcy smiles gratefully and starts babbling, "Well, I've only just arrived. I wouldn't be surprised if there are many trashy papers being made by the prisoners, but I haven't seen any news networks of any legitimacy, yet. But then, I'm sorry. I haven't watched any television, since coming here. I am still waiting for my mail to be redirected, but I'm not sure if even you would get everything in, unmolested. Surely they'll let me see the medical journals, at least. But, yes, I have been quite busy. I'm not happy about being forced here, but the research, once I'm engrossed, is top notch!" He nods to himself, thinking about the cute little specimens he's growing at home.

Diva De
2010-12-20, 02:17 AM
Penelope smiles warmly. I greatly enjoy the research, as well. It is so nice to find another medical mind I can talk to about things the laymen would not understand. I take it you, too, are most comfortable with your work? Not much time for trivial things?

TruorTupnm
2010-12-20, 02:28 AM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

He shrugs. "Or much interest, really. I am a bit of a perfectionist, and, as you know, there's always something to work on. I did like to take my time at a nice restaurant, or just mingle in bars. There is one bar that isn't too far from here. Have you heard of The Hollow? Good staff, good drinks, and, well, standard bar food, but it's the best I've found, so far. He leans over to read the spines of her books. "I was deported quite suddenly... Would you mind if I troubled you for a few of your books, if I don't get mine mailed to me, in the next couple of weeks?"

Diva De
2010-12-20, 02:44 AM
Penelope beams and shakes her head. Go right ahead. Books are meant to be read, after all. And knowledge is power - which I am sure is nothing new to you. Feel free. She gestures around the room with her arm. And some time when you have the opportunity, I would love to show you my new therapy method. It is, as yet, not widely known. I would appreciate another professional's opinion on it.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-20, 02:58 AM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

Farcy has a gracious nod for the lending of books and a smirk for the "knowledge is power" bit. He hears an implied dismissal in there and stands to peruse the shelves. As he does so, he, "Hm?"s with polite curiosity, and asks, "New therapy method? Yes, the psychologists are always coming up with something new. But, of course, what have you developed? Was it made specifically for mutants, or would it apply to anyone?"

((And, since there was the implied dismissal, I could really use some sleep. We could just pause this scene and move on to this mysterious new form of therapy, later, or we can just say that Farcy leaves and will just come back some other day. Also, you typed that this lady is fairly well known, in her community. Did you have anything particular in mind, that my guy could suddenly remember about her, or is there nothing particular, and he could just realize that he's heard her name before?))

Diva De
2010-12-20, 04:26 AM
I developed it before I found out I would be coming here to work. I wrote a thesis paper on it in college, and once I was on my own and free to experiment and practice, I started putting it into use. Penelope smiles and leans back in her comfortable chair. I have found it works especially well in those who have problems talking to, connecting with, and dealing with other people.

((He may recognize her name - if so, he knows she doesn't come cheap, has worked on several high-profile criminal cases as an expert witness, is renowned for her profiling abilities, has worked on several manhunts, has been approached and offered ludicrous amounts of money for book or movie offers and has always refused. The woman is pure SRS BSNS.))

Morty
2010-12-20, 03:12 PM
Lech is wandering aimlessly around the streets. He doesn't know where to start looking for Nikodem. And being lost isn't a feeling he's used to. Walking from street to street is unlikely to make things better, but... he has no idea what else to do.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-20, 05:06 PM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

Farcy touches the spines of a few books that he's interested in, but he doesn't pull anything out. As he listens to her, he slides his gaze around the room and, when it lands on her again, his eyebrows shoot up with sudden realization. "Wha? Ah, this might sound strange, but, well, I suppose that with all I've been through in the past week, I could be mistaken, but are you the Doctor Penelope Danvers? Yes, you must be! I don't know why I didn't recognize your name from the street! I am not very good with faces, anyway. And you're so young, for having accomplished so much!"

He reins in the gushing, then, and smiles quite widely, but with a bit of regret. "I would be honored to learn about your new therapeutic method, Doctor. Anything I can do to help you with your research." He says, wonderingly, and mostly to himself. "And I thought that I was a big shot!" He starts looking around the room again, this time trying to memorize everything from his brush with fame.

((Dang. Too bad he's a villain and will eventually be driven to try to bring her down to his level, so his ego won't take a hit. Or he could just have a gigantic professional-crush on her.))

celtois
2010-12-20, 05:14 PM
[Peabody Avenue]

If either Penelope or Farcy were to look out the window now they'd see what looks like a fully decorated Christmas tree running down the street on four little legs. Behind it a trail of presents on two legs stretch out like a set of ducklings following their mother.

On the TV and Radio if anyone is listening.
Channel 3 news:

"The string of Christmas related thefts continues today. With three Christmas trees and presents having vanished from houses around the city. The events have left police baffled.

Later today we will have an interview with out very own Detective Robert Morris for the official police stand on this. Don't miss it. For Channel three news this is Melody, be sure to stay tuned more news after this break."

McBish
2010-12-20, 10:43 PM
[Peabody]

John who was on his way to check out the psychiatrists place spots the Christmas tree running down the street. That catches his attention and he will try and follow it.

celtois
2010-12-20, 10:49 PM
[Peabody Ave]

The Christmas tree seems to notice that it's being followed. Namely because it speeds up, and turns down a side street. All the little presents running after it.

With the number of weird streets it takes it seems like it's trying to lose him.

[Channel 3 News]
(Still on Radio and TV)

Detective what are your thoughts on this string of Christmas related thefts?

It's all the fault of you horrid mutants. Your no better then a pack of slobbering mongrels. A true menace to society. With no regard for anything but your own joy. It's obvious the perpetrator is a mutant, and I'll see him punished. For his crimes. The office is even now working overtime to try and find the pattern in the crimes and stop him.

Thank you detective.

McBish
2010-12-20, 10:54 PM
[Streets]

John smiles a bit and tries to duck down a few side streets hoping to catch up to the tree another way, maybe without getting spotted this time. He knows his way around the city pretty well so he might be able to pull this off, or at the very least he probably won't loose the tree.

celtois
2010-12-20, 11:02 PM
[Streets]

Following the tree proves quite difficult. In no small part because it seems to twist and wind with no real regard for anything logical.

Once he stops seeming to actively follow it. Things change up a little bit. It starts to head for one of the seedier parts of town.

It's pretty hard to follow it taking alternate streets. Since it's route seems to change constantly.

However he will be able to follow it. It's weird though. He turns a corner off a side street, and it's just gone.

He might swear he seems a little present disappear in a hole in the road. Right in the middle of an intersection. 4th st. and Marckus Ave to be exact.

(Unless you want to interfere at some other point along the way.)

McBish
2010-12-20, 11:10 PM
[Streets]

He frowns a bit but doesn't do anything just yet. He wants to see what is going on, so he will follow the tree to its roots.

And seeing the present slip down the hole he goes to follow after it, careful to avoid any oncoming cars.

celtois
2010-12-20, 11:14 PM
[Streets] 415 Marckus Av.

Hmm.. following after it will be difficult. When he gets there the hole in the road has mostly closed up. It's now just big enough to fit a present sized box down, and closing fast.

It's like someone has a mechanized opening in this road that can be opened or closed like a garage door.

Unless he has a way to stop it, it will keep closing, fitting down their would be mighty hard.

On the bright side there are no cars at the moment. If the orange construction things on either side of this stretch of road are to be believed the road is closed.

Though the hole it is dark. Very dark. But he thinks he can see a ramp leading down.

McBish
2010-12-20, 11:18 PM
[Streets]

John frowns not wanting to try and squeeze down into the dark hole without a light. He looks around to see if there is a manhole, or a storm drain around. Something that might connect underground.

celtois
2010-12-20, 11:26 PM
[Marckus Av.]

And the street hole thingy closes. With a dull clang. Bye bye Presents.

Hmm, a man hole. Yeah there is one back a little ways on 4th st. It looks pretty heavy though. But given some leverage an ordinary human would probably be able to lift it.

McBish
2010-12-20, 11:30 PM
[Streets]

John frowns but doesn't just rush down to find out what is going on. He heads back to his place to get some proper tools. A tool belt, reflective vest, hardhat, 9mm, flashlight. And then he heads back to the manhole on 4th and Marckus and with a crowbar he will lift up the lid and go to climb down.

The Bushranger
2010-12-20, 11:31 PM
[Streets]

Dorothy, meanwhile, has left the Hollow, heading through the streets in the general direction of home. It's quite the long walk, and the weather is chilly. But she hasn't bothered putting on anything more than her "barmaid's outfit" of loose tank-top and cut-offs, and she doesn't look to be noticing the cold at all.

celtois
2010-12-20, 11:36 PM
Markus Av.

The manhole quickly gives way to the crowbar. Allowing access to the water main below.

And it reeks. Smells like some animals have been thrown down their to die. That's got to be healthy.

The flash light reveals a long tunnel going stretching off two directions.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-20, 11:38 PM
[Random Sidewalk]

Dr. Farcy, in a suit and long jacket, and carrying his medical bag, stomps down a sidewalk, looking incensed. He'd seen the Christmas-themed items moving down the road, but he hadn't considered that his eggnog would be a victim of this thief! He'd been downright jovial (in his opinion) with these sickening mutants, and they steal into his demon-owned apartment and take his stash of eggnog? He needs that stuff! He growls and mutters to himself, as his head swivels, looking for moving Christmas items. Or any random mutant. They're all pals, right?

McBish
2010-12-20, 11:41 PM
[Markus Av.]

Depending on if Dorothy's player wants to have her see John he will wave to her as she walks by before starting to climb down to the water main. He will take the path heading in the direction that the hole in the street appeared in.

He might also wave to Dr. Farcy as well.

The Bushranger
2010-12-20, 11:44 PM
[Markus Ave]

Dorothy does indeed spot John, and wves back, not having spotted Dr. Farcy yet.
"'Evenin, lookin' for Morlocks?" she calls jovially before continuing along, not wanting to get into the sewers herself.

McBish
2010-12-20, 11:52 PM
[Markus Av.]

More like the Grinch, or possibly a Ent. Not sure yet. Wish me luck and please be ready to serve me some strong drinks later on tonight.

He still plans on heading down even if no one else goes with him.

The Bushranger
2010-12-20, 11:56 PM
[Markus Ave]

"T' Grinch?" Dorothy blinks in surprise. "That sounds...intriguing." She heads over. "Mind any comp'ny on your Ent Hunt? 'Course, that would mean ya might have t' share t' drinks," she chuckles.

celtois
2010-12-21, 12:03 AM
[Marckus Av.]
(Bored of Waiting.)
Farcy won't see any Christmas objects on the move. He might however see John waving at him.

Bloody mutant.

Talky people are talky. Storm drain is gross and really spooky when illuminated by only a flashlight. The inside is littered with wet garbage people tossed on the street, and ankle deep filthy water.

I hope they plan to process that before putting it back in the river.

The flashlight won't reveal a ton down the tunnel. But there appears to be T-intersection near where the hole was.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-21, 12:05 AM
[Markus Avenue]

For the sake of expediency, Farcy does notice the pair. He scoffs and marches over, intending to order some young lady to go home and get a jacket, in cold like this, and does she know how easy it is to get sick like that? He halts, halfway down the road, when he recognizes them from The Hollow, but he gets going again at a more moderate pace. Seeing them interested in the sewers, he, "Ahem"s, then asks, "Having fun?" He blinks when he remembers why he's out here. He asks, desperately, "Did you see a bunch of eggnog jump down here?!"

The Bushranger
2010-12-21, 12:07 AM
[Markus Avenue]

Dorothy blinks in surprise at Farcy's question.
"Would that be an eggnog or a Gelatenous Puddin'?" she asks half-facecitiously. "Ah didn't see anything, but Customer a' the Year here says he saw either t' Grinch or an Ent headin' down t' sewah."

McBish
2010-12-21, 12:10 AM
[Markus Ave]

No eggnog just a bunch of presents and a tree, though it might be down there as well.

He smiles at Dorthy.

I wouldn't say no to a little company, especially a heavy hitter. He says smiling at her. Apparently he has some idea that she can handle herself in a fight. A few days watching her work gave him a few insights.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-21, 12:19 AM
[Markus Avenue]

Farcy raises an eyebrow at Dorothy's question but shakes his head and blurts, "Just eggnog. You didn't see it?" He slumps with disappointment but quickly perks up at the idea of learning more about a couple of mutants that he'll be running into a lot. "Let me come with you. I don't know what it is, but I could be useful." He then frowns and takes off his coat to offer to Dorothy. "Here. There's no point in getting sick, and I am a lot less likely to, unfortunately."

The Bushranger
2010-12-21, 12:23 AM
[Markus Ave]

Dorothy chuckles at John, and nods. "Yer on, then, Johnny-boy."
And then she waves off Farcy's offered coat.
"Thanks, Doc, but Ah don't need no coats. Ah'm plenty warm t' way Ah am. Well, then, shall we head off into the wild brown yonder?"

Her player facepalms.

McBish
2010-12-21, 12:28 AM
[Underground]

John leads the way down, with his flashlight out it makes sense for him to be in the lead, but he wishes the others were a bit more prepared. He looks down both ways of the t-intersection. Hoping to spot a clue of some sort.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-21, 12:34 AM
[Horrible Mutant Sewers]

Farcy holds the coat out stubbornly for a bit but eventually puts it back on with a grunt. Is she one of those fire-shooting mutants? Oh! Or one of the horrifying invincible ones? He keeps close to the others, as they're trudging through the sewers. He also wishes that he had come prepared for such an expedition, but he quickly decides that, no, he'd rather retain a bit of idealism and not have to worry about places like this. "Why would it steal my eggnog? I haven't done anything to make any enemies..." He's pretty sure...

celtois
2010-12-21, 12:36 AM
[Sewer Fantatical]

Oh look a clue.

In the middle of the T-intersection. The wall has a piece of mistletoe nailed to it.

It's kind of hard to roleplay as the sewer and have long posts >.>

So for your amusement I will carry on a running commentary of what is happening. A dark, gritty commentary. Rawr.

It's from the perspective of homeless Joe.

"Hey Guitar old buddy I saw tree comes running past fallowed by presents, I think this means need more moonshine, pass my the boddle will ya.
Lookit Guitary, bar lady, fancy man and the other one go into a sewer. What are they doing down there, other one was chasing tree.

You know I once went down into the sewer.There was a mighty big rat. I fought the bugger off with my hands snapped it's neck. That was the night Samantha disappeared... it looked a lot like Samanatha. Oh I miss him. I'm lonely guitar my old pal."

The Bushranger
2010-12-21, 12:38 AM
[Da Sewer]

"Some people jus' wanna snitch stuff," Dorothy says with a shrug. Then, spotting the mistletoe, she smirks, and walks right over to it. "Looks like t' sewer-workers have a sense a' humour."

McBish
2010-12-21, 12:42 AM
[Underground]

Well doctor if your coming better get a move on. Not going to wait for you.

He makes his way down towards the mistletoe looking around. Looks like a breadcrumb to me. Let's follow it and see where it leads. He starts to make his way down the path keeping an eye open for trouble.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-21, 12:46 AM
[A Good Place To Raise Turtles]

When the flashlight finds the mistletoe, Farcy heads for it. He frowns at Dorothy's conclusion. "Or the thief is laughing at us." He looks down both tunnels at the intersection. "You wouldn't happen to have another flashlight?" Probably not, but he'll pull out his keychain, which we'll say has one of those annoyingly bright lights on it, to help with employing keys. To John, with a confident nod ---> "You take the right, and I'll take the left?"

celtois
2010-12-21, 12:54 AM
[Crockers]

Yes, taking the side passages. That would be a good idea.

One of them might notice that the section of the stone on the wall right under and around the mistletoe looks different from the surrounds stone.

Hey it's another clue

(And the terrible narration continues)

"There was anotehr time I saw a big ole croc down their. Huge thing. Now mr. guitar I had to run from that one. But I got back at it. Oh yes I did."

"The funny doctor probably is looking at weird wall now. I remember that wall. Good times. Me and that wall. No it's not what your thinking Mr. Guitar that kiss we shared under the mistletoe was special. I swear it. I wonder if the other and barmaid girl are smooching down their right now. IN OUR SPEICAL SPOT."

The Bushranger
2010-12-21, 01:02 AM
[Crackers. Er, Sewers]

Dorothy looks dissapointed when nobody takes advantage of the mistletoe.
"Sorry, no flashlight here. But...hey, wait a sec."

Frowning, she studies the wall more closely. Then goes to push at that stone that looks different from all the other stone.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-21, 01:03 AM
[Scenic Cloaca Of The City]

With the darkness and the fact that he wears glasses, Farcy probably wouldn't have noticed it, first, but as soon as it's pointed out, he'll back off. "Stealing Christmas presents? Secret passages? Does this thing think that it is some kind of comic book character?"

McBish
2010-12-21, 01:05 AM
[Underground]

I think we should stick together as much as possible.

He watches as Dorthy pushes the different stone.

You would be surprised how much truth you can find in comic books. He says to the Doc.

celtois
2010-12-21, 01:11 AM
[Drainy Pipes]

Funny. It actually happens to be a pull door. :smalltongue:

Pushing the stone does nothing really. I kind of just sits there and looks stone like. In fact it's like pushing on a stone wall.

Huh, I wonder if the nail the mistletoe is on has any practical purpose. Like a handle.

Don't forget to smooch under it first.

Joe has been eliminated from this post. Due to player complaints.

Eliminated with a triple action shot gun. It's going to be hard to come back from that.

"Im's still alive ain't that right mr. guitar"

Hush you!

TruorTupnm
2010-12-21, 01:13 AM
[Grasping At Straws, In The Sewer]

Farcy grunts. He just wants his eggnog. Muttering ---> "Ridiculous. Is this the one with the curse of perpetual optimism?"

To edit ---> Also, when pushing doesn't work, he'll nod a, "That's better!" sort of nod, but, when they eventually do figure out how to get it open, he most definitely ignores the mistletoe, then, depending on how the door works, he'll pull out a bottle from his bag and use it to prop the door open.

Oh, also, also, poor Joe. He was the greatest creepy old dude of them all.

The Bushranger
2010-12-21, 01:17 AM
[Royal Flush Sanitation Co.]

Dorothy remains smoochless, alas.
But she does happen to yank on the mistletoe and its nail in frustration.
Clearly intending to hold it over her head with a purposeful look.

McBish
2010-12-21, 01:21 AM
[Underground]

John apparently completely forgets about what the significance of mistletoe. He keeps his light on the door/wall hoping to find a way in.

((About to call it a night.))

celtois
2010-12-21, 01:25 AM
[Sewer Place]

Yank. On the mistletoe. Dorothy you might get your smooch yet.

What's this. It's in their pretty well. And the door is now swinging open.
Huh, it's a pull door. That must be the handle.

Door seems to be easy to open from the other side. With a proper handle and everything.

And.. oh hey a slide...crap. How are they going to get back up to the door if they take that.

"Joe knows how."

Oh be quiet I said your dead already, and I've taken over narration duty.

Yes indeed it is miss prissy pants on narration duty.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-21, 01:29 AM
[Return Of The Revenge Of The Sewer II]

Farcy really wishes that he had some eggnog in his system. At the moment, he can't get past the fact that Dorothy is a mutant. Also, if any saliva were accidentally swapped, it would probably hurt her. He glowers at her, ruefully. "Maybe some other time."

Once the door is opened, he looks down the slide, then offers Dorothy his coat again. "I am going down, no matter what. Are you sure that you don't want this, now? I can get a new one."

The Bushranger
2010-12-21, 01:31 AM
[The Sewer Strikes Back]

"Well, well, well," Dorothy mutters quietly, as the door opens and the slide is revealed!

And she wrinkles her nose in digust at the thought of sliding down something in the sewer.

She then sticks her tongue out at Farcy. "Ah'm paitent, Doc. Ah can wait. And...Ah guess the coat might come in handy," she says a bit ruefully, accepting it. "Don't wanna get t' slime on me, after all."

((No worries, need to head off to bed here too. Walked way too much today and got de agony of de feet.))

McBish
2010-12-21, 12:47 PM
[Underground]

Damn it, rope I forgot to bring some rope. How could I forget that. Are you sure you want to go down, I could go and get some rope and be back in a few minutes?

He says looking down the slide trying to judge how far it goes down.

And he smirks a bit at Farcy and Dorthy.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-21, 01:35 PM
[Sewer Dungeon, At The Entrance To Level Two]

Pretty sure that he can taste his eggnog down this slide, he looks from it to John a couple of times, then nods shakily. "It would be prudent, I admit." He flashes his keychain light. "Go on. I'll stay here. I suppose that it didn't steal anything from you, then? I just really need some alcohol in my system, right now."

He shines his light down the slide again, looking longingly, and as if he's restraining himself from just jumping down. "The thing must have an exit somewhere, though. Unless it's some kind of mutant that wouldn't be bothered by climbing back up this slide." He begins to examine the doorway, inside and out, as well as he can without sliding down, looking for handholds or a switch to turn the slide into stairs, which would be suitably comicbookish.

celtois
2010-12-21, 06:39 PM
[Sewers]

Something around the door.

No nothing like that. Just a slide. Seems whoever goes down here doesn't use it to get back up. Perhaps it's just for dropping stolen stuff into.

Well this is awkward. Looks like they'll either have to just slide down or, forget about the whole thing.

EDIT: It's hard to say how far down it goes without a stronger light. Or without actually getting on it.

Basically it goes down a long ways.

The Bushranger
2010-12-21, 06:50 PM
[Sewer Thing]

"Oh? Where's your spirit of adventure, then? Tell ya what, ya slide down here an' Ah'll buy yer drinks next time," Dorothy challenges with a grin.

McBish
2010-12-21, 07:07 PM
[Underground]

You have got to be kidding me. This is just silly.

He sighs. Ah to be young and carefree he thinks to himself shaking his head.

But I can't stand someone questioning my sense of adventure, and I can't turn down free drinks. With a cocky grin he takes the flashlight in his mouth and slides down the slide.

celtois
2010-12-21, 07:17 PM
[Sewers]

The slide goes down. An awfully long ways.

In a straight spiral for some time with little in the way of sides. :smalleek:

Better hold on tight.

Then it enters a closed off chute section

Down down down down down.

The light he was carrying with disappear from view up above.

And abruptly the slide with come to an end. Spitting him out into a fairly large room, and directly at a christmas tree.

Which will break his fall mostly. In a squishy prickly sort of way.

(30 minutes left then I have to deadtime for 2-3 hours.)

TruorTupnm
2010-12-21, 11:39 PM
[[Sewers]Not Doing Funny Titles, Anymore]

Farcy watches, as John slides down and the light fades. He then steps away and waves to the door. "After you." If Dorothy decides to go first, he'll stand there and reconsider for a bit but quickly decide that no stinking mutant is going to pull anything over on him and get away with it. Before sliding down, he'll write in the slime on the walls near the door stuff along the lines of, "Thief's Hideout" and, "Send help." If Dorothy refuses, he sighs and says, "Fine. Could you leave something to alert any other trackers that might come along?" then he holds his breath and slides down.

The Bushranger
2010-12-21, 11:44 PM
[Sewers]

Dorothy, for her part, won't hesitate. Using Farcy's coat as a cushion, of course. :smalltongue:

She manages not to go 'Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee' on the way down. After all, somebody might be listening!

The faceplant into the Christmas tree, though, will set off a round of rather inventive cursing.

McBish
2010-12-22, 01:06 AM
Jack crashes into the tree with a groan and a small yelp of pain. Needles are pointy. But Dorthy and the Doc should be falling on him so they should have a bit less pain from the tree.

celtois
2010-12-22, 01:12 AM
[Sewers]

(Hey guys. I'm going to keep going here. But don't wait for me in any other threads. I don't really feel like playing my existing characters at the moment.)

Yeah. But it'll hurt like heck when the others crash into him and send those needles driving further into him

YOWCH!

It's a fair sized room they've landed in, and Christmas stuff is everywhere.

Three different Christmas trees. Lots of presents. A whole carton of egg nog.
It's pretty much a bonanza of stolen Christmas stuff.

Wait was that. Our heroes might see something out of the corner of their eyes.

Mr. Guitar... play our heroes a solemn death march.

"He nu do nutin you say ya shoot me!"

Oh shut up and play your guitar.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-22, 01:21 AM
[Sewers]

Farcy certainly isn't acting like a hero as he climbs off of Dorothy and John. He just dusts himself off while enjoying seeing them so low. He notes the eggnog but grabs his bag and turns towards the movement. "Who's there?" He shines his little keychain light in that direction.

((Intentional Avatar The Last Airbender reference? Awesome, if so.))

The Bushranger
2010-12-22, 01:49 AM
[Sewer Trees]

Dorothy dusts herself off as well, smirking at Farcy.
"Well, if ya like me THAT much, all ya gotta do is ask," she says with a smirk. Before noticing hte movement as well. And turning that way!

celtois
2010-12-22, 02:00 AM
[Sewers]

Lots of movement. Just not a lot to see.

Oh. Maybe there is something to see.

A fair sized black ball runs across their field of view.
A fair sized black ball will two legs.

Ah ha. The walking Christmas tree and presents.

(....we'll say yes? Even though I haven't watched the show or movie. :smalltongue:)

The Bushranger
2010-12-22, 02:04 AM
[Sewers]

"After him!" Dorothy shouts!
Running in the direction of the two-legged black ball!

((But I need sleeps, sowwy. v.v))

TruorTupnm
2010-12-22, 02:06 AM
[Sewers]

Farcy splutters, reddens, and whips his head to Dorothy but quickly back around at several other parts of the room, trying to spot the thief. Sourly, "Would you please stop that?"

Spotting the black ball, he recoils. Reproachfully but hesitantly, "What do you think you're doing, stealing a man's eggnog? Erm, can you understand me?"

((Ah. oh well, towards not intentionally referencing stuff and people going to bed.))

celtois
2010-12-22, 02:08 AM
[Secret Lair]

The black ball squeaks and bolts.

Apparently no it didn't understand him.

A discerning individual may not that it appears to have been made of coal.

He he he.

The thief must have a sense of humour.

and the ball is chased. Into a door. See it seems the door it bolted through slammed behind it. If Dorothy isn't careful she might run smack dab into it.

Poor girl hopefully her shoes have good traction.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-22, 02:57 AM
[Sewer Lair]

Preferring not to leave John (mostly because he wouldn't trust him), Farcy follows at more of a trot, while glancing back at the third member of the impromptu team. Since he isn't sure if the ball could understand him or not, he growls, then yells, "Get back here, mutant! You'll pay for stealing from me!"

When the door slams shut, if Dorothy didn't slam into it or hasn't already tried to open it, he'll try that and, if it opens, he flicks his light around before following. As he's doing that, That thing looked like it was made out of coal. It could just be a severely deformed mutant, but there are several kinds of mutants that this could just be a sort of extension of. He snaps, "Keep sharp. That thing might not be the root of the problem."

((And I suppose that I am off, as well.))

McBish
2010-12-22, 01:00 PM
[Secret Lair]

John gets up slowly after being landed upon. He gets up shining his flash light around and then follow them over to the door, picking needles off himself.

Awesome, hopefully there is a way out behind that door.

Diva De
2010-12-22, 08:56 PM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

Farcy touches the spines of a few books that he's interested in, but he doesn't pull anything out. As he listens to her, he slides his gaze around the room and, when it lands on her again, his eyebrows shoot up with sudden realization. "Wha? Ah, this might sound strange, but, well, I suppose that with all I've been through in the past week, I could be mistaken, but are you the Doctor Penelope Danvers? Yes, you must be! I don't know why I didn't recognize your name from the street! I am not very good with faces, anyway. And you're so young, for having accomplished so much!"

He reins in the gushing, then, and smiles quite widely, but with a bit of regret. "I would be honored to learn about your new therapeutic method, Doctor. Anything I can do to help you with your research." He says, wonderingly, and mostly to himself. "And I thought that I was a big shot!" He starts looking around the room again, this time trying to memorize everything from his brush with fame.

((Dang. Too bad he's a villain and will eventually be driven to try to bring her down to his level, so his ego won't take a hit. Or he could just have a gigantic professional-crush on her.))

((Whichever you prefer. Relationships are of no interest to her. :smallwink: ))

Penelope smiles and bows slightly, formally. I do not know if I would call myself "the" anything, but there are some in my field who are familiar with my name. He can likely tell she is being modest - the woman is something of a prodigy or legend. An up-and-comer who has been compared with Einstein as far as potential. But thank you for the compliments. I will look forward to working with you. And if everything works out like I am hoping, perhaps you could co-author a book on the research with me?

((Apologies for the delay, holidays with the kids and all. Feel free to finish whatever you are working on before worrying about me.))

The Bushranger
2010-12-22, 09:12 PM
[Secret Sewer Lair]

[Sewers]

Farcy splutters, reddens, and whips his head to Dorothy but quickly back around at several other parts of the room, trying to spot the thief. Sourly, "Would you please stop that?"

Spotting the black ball, he recoils. Reproachfully but hesitantly, "What do you think you're doing, stealing a man's eggnog? Erm, can you understand me?"

((Ah. oh well, towards not intentionally referencing stuff and people going to bed.))

[Secret Lair]

The black ball squeaks and bolts.

Apparently no it didn't understand him.

A discerning individual may not that it appears to have been made of coal.

He he he.

The thief must have a sense of humour.

and the ball is chased. Into a door. See it seems the door it bolted through slammed behind it. If Dorothy isn't careful she might run smack dab into it.

Poor girl hopefully her shoes have good traction.

Sewer Lair]

Preferring not to leave John (mostly because he wouldn't trust him), Farcy follows at more of a trot, while glancing back at the third member of the impromptu team. Since he isn't sure if the ball could understand him or not, he growls, then yells, "Get back here, mutant! You'll pay for stealing from me!"

When the door slams shut, if Dorothy didn't slam into it or hasn't already tried to open it, he'll try that and, if it opens, he flicks his light around before following. As he's doing that, That thing looked like it was made out of coal. It could just be a severely deformed mutant, but there are several kinds of mutants that this could just be a sort of extension of. He snaps, "Keep sharp. That thing might not be the root of the problem."

((And I suppose that I am off, as well.))

[Secret Lair]

John gets up slowly after being landed upon. He gets up shining his flash light around and then follow them over to the door, picking needles off himself.

Awesome, hopefully there is a way out behind that door.

Dorothy does, indeed, manage to come to a halt JUST in front of the suddenly slammed door.
A sharp eye might make note that it almost looks like her (rather expensive-looking) running shoes are sparking a bit as she comes to a halt...

"Dang it. And yeah, that was a Minion," Dorothy grumbles. "Ready? On three..."

And, unless she's stopped, on the count of three, she drawls back, and goes to punch the door with her bare fist! :smalleek:

A sharp eye might note that it almost looks like her fist is sparking a bit as she does so...

TruorTupnm
2010-12-22, 09:18 PM
[421 Peabody Avenue]

Farcy's eyes light up at the thought of sharing a project on mutants with a mind that he'd consider to be of equal caliber. "Ah! Of course, of course! Anything I can do. The hospital has a research facility connected to it, which has several mutant volunteers. I will see what I can do about adding you to their list of consultants. And I'm certain that I will have patients that you could assist me with."

He looks in his jacket pocket for a card, finds one and hands it over, but frowns. "I need to have new ones made, but that at least has my phone number on it. Call Saint Charles Memorial, if I don't answer that." He raises his eyebrows expectantly and rubs his hands together with boyish eagerness. "Now, what is this new technique of yours?"

((No problems. This scene is apparently happening at a different time from the other one. Also, well, as soon as I can actually get the guy doing some real supervillain stuff, there are a few ways that I can think of that he'd try to mess with her, but I'll just go with having him see her as a spot of light in the horrible mutant darkness.))

celtois
2010-12-23, 09:26 PM
[Sewer]

The door in punched down.

Behind it is a pitch dark room.

When the flash light is brought in it is revealed to be a empty room. With just piles of coal everywhere.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-23, 10:36 PM
[Sewer]

Since he joined them hoping to learn what they were capable of, Farcy probably would have been paying attention enough to notice the sparks. When Dorothy knocks the door down, he backs up a couple of steps. Electrical blast disguised by a punch? That could fry me! He takes a deep breath and gives Dorothy a wide berth.

In the room, he looks around with growing frustration. When he sees nothing but coal, he removes one of the bottles out of his bag and turns to Dorothy. Having detected the capital that she used earlier, he asks suspiciously, "You knew that it was a Minion? What else do you know about what we're up against?"

The Bushranger
2010-12-23, 11:02 PM
[Sewer]

"Well, it wasn't small and yellow, but a critter that small? Has got to be a Minion. Which means there's a Mastermind somewhere."
Sense Motive check vs "messing with you", Farcy. :smalltongue:
And his guess about her powers is...half-right...
"Could be any kind of Mastermind though. But something like that doesn't have the mental power to be operating this big an operation on its own.

Of course, with enough Minions..."

And, now, she aims a - normal - kick at one of the piles of coal...

TruorTupnm
2010-12-23, 11:30 PM
[Sewer]

Satisfied enough by that answer, Farcy grunts. He'd still probably toss John a suspicious look for good measure, though. Catching onto Dorothy's plan, he opens the bottle and splashes it around. If any of it gets on anything biological, it'd morph into at least part of a dude that looks just like Dr. Farcy, and the morphing process would probably hurt and tire it out. If one bottle wouldn't be enough to hit all of the coal, he'd hand bottles to the others with a, "Try not to let it get on you, unless you get hurt."

And, if that doesn't help them to find anything, he heads back into the room with the Christmas stuff in it to snatch his eggnog and to formulate a challenge to shout at the thing.

Ah, also, Sense Motive check ---> 1d20-paranoia I don't think that that will work, but it would be a low number.

celtois
2010-12-23, 11:51 PM
[Sewers]

Hmm. Coal. It was organic at some point. It has long ceased to be organic like though in fact it should in theory be inanimate.

Aww crap why is the coal trying to climb up Dorothys leg? Are those little mouths?

Well great now they are trying to eat her.

Though most of the pile got scattered and dazed by the kick , the ones that didn't are trying to eat her.

The potion doesn't seem to do a lot.

In fact if they weren't moving around it would seem like they were just coal. :smallamused:

McBish
2010-12-24, 12:15 AM
John frowns quickly looking around the place with his flashlight trying to spot something besides the coal that might be in charge.

Yeah this is working out great.

The Bushranger
2010-12-24, 12:37 AM
[The Trouble with Coalbbles]

"KNEW IT!"

Dorothy was ready for something like this, so she leaps back in a hurry!
Her toe still gets chomped, though.
Which leads to some rather colourful cursing.

Even as she scrambles back, holds out her hand, and concentrates...

And then something like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L30H1srok2E) happens. Aimed at the Coal Minions. :smalleek:

celtois
2010-12-24, 12:47 AM
[Lair]

Lightning at coal. Now that's just humorous Tee he.

The lumps all collapse to the ground. And the electricity flows right through them to ground. :smallamused:

Carbon isn't a bad conductor. Though a few of them are now smoking from the heat. Another hit like that and they might catch on fire.

In this room there is just another door.... and the coal. Nothing that might be in charge.

Oh wait some of the lumps are rushing at John there going to try and get a bit out of him.

The Bushranger
2010-12-24, 02:15 AM
[Troubles and Coalbble-ations]

"Want me to zap 'em again and set 'em on fire?" Dorothy asks with a grin, although it might be obvious she's a fair bit exhausted after her shocking exhibition.

McBish
2010-12-24, 07:31 PM
John frowns and grabs his crowbar swinging at the coal that is coming after him.

No, a fire down here, the smoke would kill you guys.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-24, 07:46 PM
[Coaldn't We Just Talk About This?]

Farcy would have tried to help Dorothy out, when the coal started going after her (only because she's a meat shield!), but when she shoots lightning from her fingertips, well, if he were a cat, he'd be clinging to the ceiling. Since Dr. Farcy is not a cat, he would have run straight for the as of yet unopened door, opening and slamming it shut behind himself, if possible. If not, he'd end up outside that door, looking quite jittered. "Please don't!" He will attempt to swat at any coal that makes for him with his bag.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-24, 08:45 PM

It was Christmas Eve and Dr. Farcy's first day, in an official capacity. If his workload hadn't been kept so light, he wouldn't have been invited to partake of any of the little Christmas parties that were taking place. As it happened, he was politely invited to several. He came along only because of the food and the desire to feel human again, but after one too many Christmas songs, and one too many questions about his mutation (and possibly way too many Christmas sweets), Farcy was fed up with all life, human or otherwise.

The bird-like mutant receptionist at the front desk, Jen, had gotten to know Dr. Farcy a bit, she thought. In the days before he was actually scheduled to come in, she had seen and helped him out with getting to know the place. He seemed to appreciate her efficiency and professional courtesy, and she found him refreshing, since he hadn't made even one bird joke around her. As she buttoned her coat for the walk out to her car, she spotted him grumbling and stomping for the door.

"Dr. Farcy!" Jen waved and jogged, to catch up with his long strides. "I'm just getting off, and, well, I've noticed you walking from work a couple of times. Would you like a ride home?"

Farcy apparently didn't notice her until he found that she was beside him and offering him a ride. He turned his glare on her but gradually lowered the intensity, as he replied, "I'm sorry? Oh, no, that's not necessary. It isn't far." He bobbed his head, stiffly. "Thank you for the offer."

Jen started, a little offended, when he turned and resumed his march to the door, but dealing with short-tempered people all day kept her resilient. She "Ahem!"ed to get his attention, then said mock-sternly, "Do I have to point out how cold it is out there, Doctor?" She tried on a friendly grin. "Come on. I was going to swing by a little bar that I know, for a couple of drinks?"

Farcy blinked, surprised at her persistence and the fact that their destinations were the same, then turned back and nodded tiredly. "Alright. I don't have the strength to argue." He opened the door for her and gestured, with a smirk. "Shall we?"

celtois
2010-12-26, 06:47 PM
[Lair]
Farcy is indeed successful at hiding behind the door. Heck it even closes.

Which is sweet.

Trapping the mutants in there with the coal.

Least he got his eggnog.

A piece if coal is smacked with the crowbar. Sending it flying into a wall. Even hard as it is the force or collision causes it to shatter.

More coals keep coming though, trying to eat the pair of them.

Deadtime

TruorTupnm
2010-12-26, 06:54 PM
((Oh, did he just go back into the room that they came from? For some reason, I thought that there was another door in this room. oh well. He stayed in character, either way. If he is in a new room, flashlight waving and possible descriptions to come, eh?))

celtois
2010-12-26, 09:23 PM
(That was my assumption. Since that would be the closest door.

The other door is all the way across the room.

If your panicking you'll take the nearest route out.)

The Bushranger
2010-12-26, 09:24 PM
"You get back in here, Doc, Right NOW!" Dorothy yells, having an impressive volume for her somewhat underweight figure, even as she starts punting coaly ankle-biters around the room, and looks for something more sturdy to punt them with even as she dances around them.

TruorTupnm
2010-12-26, 09:40 PM
[Sewers]

From the other side of the door, Dr. Farcy, "Urk!"s at Dorothy's yell. He sneers at the door for a moment, but, realizing that he'll need them to escape this place, he reopens it, then lopes for his eggnog, not wanting any pursuing coal minions to get at it. After stuffing it into his medical bag (of holding, apparently) and using the bag for whacking what minions he can, he growls back, "There's nothing I can do! Just grab whatever they stole from you and get out!" He points to the as of yet unopened door. "We still need a way out. Clear a path for us, will you?"

celtois
2010-12-26, 09:45 PM
[Lair]

It's a coal dormitory.

Not actually much of anything. In the room to be hitting things with.

Coal punting continues.

McBish
2010-12-27, 09:55 PM
John will dash for the new door as well hoping to get away from the little coal monsters.

Come on lets get out of here. He calls to Dorthy.

The Bushranger
2011-01-03, 12:35 AM
And Dorothy, in complete agreement with John, follows.

As tiny sparks start to crackle around her fists and forearms...

"Y'all get t' door down an' Ah'll finish these lil' suckahs off!"

celtois
2011-01-05, 01:46 AM
And our heroes make it to the door. The Coal hot on their heels.

Implied lightning thing can happen now.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-05, 11:34 PM
[Police Station]

Krystal wakes up in a small cell. It comes with all of the basic cell stuff, like the small pallet and the commode and sink. No windows, and everything is pretty shiny. The door is some brand of superly thick metal thing, without even a slot, although there are a few pinhole cameras around. Most mutants know that everything here is crazily reinforced, due to all of those annoying super strong mutants. She might hear a tiny voice coming from the pipes. Sounds pretty bored ---> "Hellooo? Hellooo? Anybody there?"

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-05, 11:40 PM
[Police Station]

She slowly sits up, holding her head. She probably woke up faster than expected. Her healing helped make the tranqs wear off a little faster.

She takes a moment to take in surroundings, and frowns a little. she hoped she wasn't here long enough to have to use the commode.

She notes that there's still blood on her hand, from when she fell on the pavement. The wound was completely healed, but there's dried blood around it. Wonderful.

As she's checking the holes in the elbows of her jacket, she hears the voice. She stops a moment, then turns to find the source.

H-Hello? Somebody there?

celtois
2011-01-05, 11:41 PM
[Police Station]

So far the guard on duty doesn't seem to have noticed the voice, he's sitting back to Krystal at the moment. Might want to keep quiet lest he get testy.

He appears to be reading a paper.

From the scowl on his face either he doesn't like we he's reading or he's sick of watching the prisoners.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-05, 11:48 PM
[Police Station]

The voice makes a confused noise, the happily exclaims, "Oh! Hey, is this the one from The Hollow? I'm Nikodem!" Remembering why he's here, he says a lot more gravely, "Did you see what they did to Murray? The crazy old hobo?"

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-05, 11:53 PM
[Police Station]

Krystal gets an idea of where the voice is coming from. She'll get off of her pallet and go to it, so she doesn't have to talk so loud.

Nope. But, you ask me, he deserves some jail time. Idiot wants to take a hostage...

She decides to check on something. She'll glance to her door, to make sure nobody is watching. If nobody is, she'll form a fist to try and make a single crystal come out of her knuckle. Mostly just checking to see if they have any power-dampening tech or whatever.

celtois
2011-01-06, 12:03 AM
[Police Station]

Making a crystal will be mighty difficult. As while they don't so much have a power blocker. They do have some sort of device that makes it hard to concentrate.

It's like a constant buzzing in your head and it gets louder when you try and work your powers.

Makes it pretty hard to keep anything up.

The policeman looks up from his paper. Had he just heard something?

Nah.

He goes back to his paper. Now however more on edge.

Might want to get the guy on the other side of the pipe to speak more quietly.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-06, 12:05 AM
[Police Station]

Well, for the cop who I figure is supposed to be watching them via the security cameras, Slick is sitting cross-legged near the commode. He's in prison clothes. Yeah, Krystal would be, too. I should have mentioned that. Without his usual double layer of clothes, he's concentrating on not sliding all over the place.

He notes that Krystal is trying to keep her voice down, so he follows suit, although he doesn't see the point. "Hey, old Murray's just got a couple of screws loose. He's normally an okay guy. He just snapped, you know? I tried to calm him down, but he was just melting everything, trying to get attention."

He growls, assuming that the guy was killed. "Well, he got it alright! I tried to help him. Thanks for trying, too."

Also, no, there is no power-dampening. I wouldn't think that that level of technology would have been made, yet.

To edit, well, I'll just let celtois take over, as I am less in charge of these things. I didn't contradict anything, though, really.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-06, 12:15 AM
[Police Station]

Krystal didn't think of the camera. But, as luck would have it, her disappointment at being able to bring out a crystal makes her sigh and change her position so she's sitting on the floor, back to the wall.

Keep your voice down. I might just be paranoid, but the guards might be able to hear you.

Can't get my crystals to work...you still got your powers?

celtois
2011-01-06, 12:16 AM
[Police Station]

See my post for what they do have. The only reason it seems to get louder is it takes some concentration to use the mutant powers reliably. Meaning it just gets more annoying. :smallwink: Sorry for stealing your Thunder Tru. But I wanted them to have some way to help keep mutants more in check.

There are of course the cameras. The person watching them isn't paying particularly close attention. But they are being recorded. So the conversation will likely be noticed.

The Cop seems to have finished the article he was reading. As he sighing puts down his newspaper and starts to turn around to go back to watching the scum.

TruorTupnm
2011-01-06, 12:23 AM
[Police Station]

No problems. It sounds as if it would only work on the types of powers that require concentration. Slick's is one of those things that you can't turn off. Mayhaps he just wouldn't be able to transfer his No Frictioniness to other things, though?

Anyways, Slick stifles a barked laugh. "Oh, yeah, I've got 'em. I wish I could turn my friction back on! But don't worry. I've practiced, and I'm a much better kisser, these days, Miss...?" He coughs, then continues, "Doesn't matter, anyway. I've been here before. Haven't seen a way out. They'll work you over, but they'll throw us back out, eventually. Two or three days, for you, I bet."

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-06, 12:27 AM
[Police Station]

Krystal's healing is subconscious, so it'll work just fine. However, her crystals, she has to think about most of the time. Once in a while, they'll pop out on their own. But, not often.

She smirks a little at the kissing comment. My name's Krystal.

What've you been in here for?

celtois
2011-01-06, 12:31 AM
[Police Station]

Now actually watching the prisoners the guards gaze is drawn to Krystal. That waste of space was acting pretty funny. Looked almost like she was talking to the wall.

He'll approach slowly removing his Taser from his belt. "Hey, what do you think your doing! Do you need to be put under again."

TruorTupnm
2011-01-06, 12:38 AM
[Police Station]

Slick grimaces and smacks his forehead. "Sorry! I don't usually get company that wants to talk." He then starts constructing his own version of Morse code, because he doesn't know the real one. He hasn't considered how to teach her his new code, though, yet, at which point he will smack himself in the forehead again and mumble another apology. Not wanting to get her in trouble with any more talking, he frowns and starts beating himself up about not being able to help Murray out.

KerfuffleMach2
2011-01-06, 12:41 AM
[Police Station]

Krystal jumps a little when the guard speaks to her. Busted...

Then she glares at him. Running through some lines from a play. Friend of mine was trying to memorize it, thought I'd help her. Something wrong with that? Not like I got anything else to do here...