PDA

View Full Version : Shield Scabbared? where?

big teej
2010-12-14, 11:54 PM
greetings playgrounders,

I'm on christmas break (I'VE GOT A MONTH!!) and I'm making up a plethora of back-up characters for use in the future

I am currently making a paladin with one of the best stat blocks I've ever rolled

but that's irrelevant

I'm on the 'spending' part of the process

I'm looking for a scabbard that attaches to the back of a shield (similar to the quiver scabbared from the A&EG)

but... strike me for blind, I can't remember where I saw it. (and I just went over the A&EG 3 times, so call it a natural 1 if thats where it is)

so I beseech the playground,
does such an item exist?
and if so?
WHERE IS IT!?!?!?1

thanks in advance.

MeeposFire
2010-12-15, 12:03 AM
I think there is one in races of stone.

Tyndmyr
2010-12-15, 12:09 AM
If all else fails, you are one shield, one regular scabbard, and a vial of Sovereign Glue away from having it.

Thats only if you need a completely RAW way. Most DMs should let you do reasonable mundane item combinations without worrying overmuch about the details. A scabbard on the back of a shield isn't really going to break anything.

Mando Knight
2010-12-15, 12:10 AM
Do you really need a special shield-mounted scabbard item? Couldn't it be just a normal scabbard that you say is attached to a shield?

big teej
2010-12-15, 12:18 AM
I think there is one in races of stone.

AHA!!!
thats where it is!
thanks!! :smallbiggrin:

Do you really need a special shield-mounted scabbard item? Couldn't it be just a normal scabbard that you say is attached to a shield?

in case the DM tries to call me on it :smalltongue:

(I get some wonky DM's sometimes)

Marnath
2010-12-15, 01:53 AM
AHA!!!
thats where it is!
thanks!! :smallbiggrin:

In case you don't have the book actually on hand, may I point out the shield sheath only holds a light weapon sized for you?