PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Item Creation questions

Ialdabaoth
2010-12-15, 01:40 AM
So, Slippers of Battledancing - what do I gotta do to make a pair?

Also, suppose I've got the following build:

- L3 Fae-touched Star-Elf Sorcerer, working towards investing levels into the Half-fae template (using the Savage Progressions rules)
- Con 7, Str 5, Dex 17, Int 15, Wis 11, Cha 22

What magic items should I craft for myself, and what would I need to pick up as prereqs?

Marnath
2010-12-15, 01:57 AM
You need the gold and exp to spend, the crafting feat in question, and the ability to cast the spell or spells listed at the correct caster level.

Bayar
2010-12-15, 02:10 AM
You need the gold and exp to spend, the crafting feat in question, and the ability to cast the spell or spells listed at the correct caster level.

Or if you don't have the spell or spells listed, you would need someone to cast them for you when you are crafting the item (either from their own spellcasting ability or from a CL apropriate scroll).

Ialdabaoth
2010-12-15, 02:24 AM

I guess then, a more straightforward question is: does anyone know which spells are required for a Slippers of Battledancing?

Marnath
2010-12-15, 02:41 AM
I guess then, a more straightforward question is: does anyone know which spells are required for a Slippers of Battledancing?

Doesn't it say at the bottom of it's stat block in whatever book it's in?

Coidzor
2010-12-15, 03:16 AM
I can't even remember the source for them offhand.

Vistella
2010-12-15, 04:37 AM
they are in the DMG2

Construction: Craft Wondrous Item, 5 ranks in Perform
(dance), longstrider, cat’s grace, eagle’s splendor, 16,875
gp, 1,350 XP, 33 days