PDA

View Full Version : Serreted and Lamanated Weapon Qualities

Rasman
2010-12-15, 04:45 AM
I saw mention of these in a text box while doing a search for info on Barbarians. One increases threat range and the other multiplier on slashing weapons. In order to be able to use them in a campaign, I have to prove I'm not making it up and show my DM the book it comes from, anyone know where these are. I've been searching posts for around an hour and haven't found them yet.

I saw one that said AEG, which I assumed was Arms and Equipment Guide, but I've been though it 3 or 4 times now and just don't see it. Any clues?

and just FYI, this is for a crit focused Barbarian, in case there are any other sneaky tricks anyone knows...and I already know about the Desciple of Despator, but I can't take it for...reasons that involve instant smiting and gunganism...

olentu
2010-12-15, 05:24 AM
I think AEG is Alderac Entertainment Group in this context with the book in question being mercenaries.

Oh yeah and kaorti resin or whatever it was called can be helpful for crits as I recall. I think it sets the multiplier to X4 though requires an exotic weapon proficiency.

Vizzerdrix
2010-12-15, 05:37 AM
I've seen serrated in two places. Dragonmech and a 3rd party equipment book.

Escheton
2010-12-15, 05:47 AM
I remember serrated from one of the mongoose books, quintesential fighter or something.

Fouredged Sword
2010-12-15, 04:55 PM
Tip, dip warblade if ToB is allowed. You get some nice stuff like mountain hammer and iorn heart surge, but the bread and butter you are looking for is blood in the water stance. It's a +1 to hit and damage every time you crit, and it stacks as long as you crit at least once every 10 rounds. You can also get it with two feats.

Letums Gate
2010-12-15, 05:02 PM
I saw mention of these in a text box while doing a search for info on Barbarians. One increases threat range and the other multiplier on slashing weapons. In order to be able to use them in a campaign, I have to prove I'm not making it up and show my DM the book it comes from, anyone know where these are. I've been searching posts for around an hour and haven't found them yet.

I saw one that said AEG, which I assumed was Arms and Equipment Guide, but I've been though it 3 or 4 times now and just don't see it. Any clues?

and just FYI, this is for a crit focused Barbarian, in case there are any other sneaky tricks anyone knows...and I already know about the Desciple of Despator, but I can't take it for...reasons that involve instant smiting and gunganism...

The weapon qualitys come from AEG - Source - Mercenaries.
Just do a search for it on google and I am sure you will be able to download the book long enogh to show your DM.

arguskos
2010-12-15, 05:03 PM
They can also be found in AEG - Toolbox.

herrhauptmann
2010-12-15, 07:31 PM
Do you have a link to that?
Also, nice vuffi-ra

arguskos
2010-12-15, 07:39 PM
Do you have a link to that?
Also, nice vuffi-ra
1. Thanks! :smallbiggrin: It's my second Vuffi Ra avatar. On that note, check out the Silentium (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8244752#post8244752).

2. I don't have a link to the content, but I can link you to the book itself. Toolbox (http://www.tower.com/toolbox-aeg-paperback/wapi/100228026). That's what you should be looking for. Serrated and Laminated Steel are in the back of the book, and frankly, and broken as hell. They're cheap and are part of what gives third party a bad name. Definitely run that by your DM.