PDA

View Full Version : Sorcadin Question

SamsDisciple
2010-12-15, 09:04 AM
So I am planning on playing a Gestalt sorcerer // paladin and I was wondering if I could a) use smite evil with my scorching rays b) use feats to enhance damage like divine might or the like on my spells (again scorching ray or the like) plus I have seen plenty of Gish builds for the sorcadin but anybody have any ideas for a ray focused sorcadin? No dragon magazine sorry

KillianHawkeye
2010-12-15, 09:10 AM
Smite Evil only works on melee attacks. I dunno about Divine Might.

Psyren
2010-12-15, 09:13 AM
So I am planning on playing a Gestalt sorcerer // paladin and I was wondering if I could a) use smite evil with my scorching rays

No:
"Once per day, a paladin may attempt to smite evil with one normal melee attack."

b) use feats to enhance damage like divine might or the like on my spells (again scorching ray or the like)

Metamagic feats will do that (There are nice "holy-flavored ones" like Consecrate Spell/Purify Spell as well.)

plus I have seen plenty of Gish builds for the sorcadin but anybody have any ideas for a ray focused sorcadin? No dragon magazine sorry

Paladins aren't known for their skill with ranged attacks I'm afraid. The Cha to saves and BAB are good synergy but that's probably all you'll get, plus you'll have ASF to contend with unless you don't wear armor.

SamsDisciple
2010-12-15, 09:17 AM
Well that stinks... any PrC's out there that will help with this idea?

Elfin
2010-12-15, 09:23 AM
Standard Sorcadins often go into Abjurant Champion and Sacred Exorcist, which helps enormously.

Psyren
2010-12-15, 09:26 AM
Exalted Arcanist (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20031004b) is perfect for a holy sorcerer. You can apply Consecrate and Purify spell to all your spells quickly, you are refunded for the metamagic with two exalted feats and can choose from an even wider spell list. The capstone adds all the Sanctified Spells to your spells known, and there are some nice ones in there.

On your Paladin side, all you really want is the BAB and Divine Grace... switching to something with good fort and reflex after Paladin 2 is probably a good idea.

Keld Denar
2010-12-15, 09:39 AM
Elf Paladin Racial Subs in RotW will let you smite at range. It should work with spells then.

Divine Might, while requiring PA, doesn't differentiate. It would work with ranged attacks.

Person_Man
2010-12-15, 10:44 AM
Melee touch Attacks are melee attacks. Just use it with Vampiric Touch or whatnot.