PDA

View Full Version : Cohort Question

Hanuman
2010-12-15, 09:47 AM
Source - Book of Erotic Fantasy pg.59
Cohort (Ex):
"The beauty of the imagist attracts a cohort as if she had the Leadership Feat, she uses her App instead of her Cha to determine leadership score. She gains a cohort but no followers from this class ability.

Question: How would this stack with leadership? Would you get another cohort and followers, just followers, not stackable, and if your leadership score didn't allow a cohort that level for App key would it allow it for Cha and vice versa?

KillianHawkeye
2010-12-15, 10:00 AM
It's not an issue of stacking. The two abilities should operate independantly of each other. Of course, the real question is whether or not your DM thinks it's okay for you to have 2 cohorts.

Also, people ACTUALLY play games using the BoEF? lol wut??

Sir Swindle89
2010-12-15, 10:02 AM
RAW it is very likly they stack. RAI somthing like the same type bonus rule probably would come into play "as Leadership" and Leadership. Get my drift?

Edit: There is some decent stuff in BoEF

KillianHawkeye
2010-12-15, 10:03 AM
RAW it is very likly they stack. RAI somthing like the same type bonus rule probably would come into play "as Leadership" and Leadership. Get my drift?

A cohort is not a bonus. Stacking is a nonissue.

Hanuman
2010-12-15, 10:04 AM
This could be good =]

It's not an issue of stacking. The two abilities should operate independantly of each other. Of course, the real question is whether or not your DM thinks it's okay for you to have 2 cohorts.

Also, people ACTUALLY play games using the BoEF? lol wut??
Most DM's/Players just can't handle it responsibly so they don't try :smalltongue:

KillianHawkeye
2010-12-15, 10:05 AM
Most DM's/Players just can't handle it responsibly so they don't try :smalltongue:

I didn't think the issue was responsibility, but rather ridiculousness.

Sir Swindle89
2010-12-15, 10:21 AM
I didn't think the issue was responsibility, but rather ridiculousness.

What is rediculous about incredibly wealthy testosterone overdosed men who frequent taverns getting some action every once in a while?

Coidzor
2010-12-15, 10:37 AM
What is rediculous about incredibly wealthy testosterone overdosed men who frequent taverns getting some action every once in a while?

Roleplaying through it with the DM (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unforgotten-realms/49-Episode-One-The-Remaking-of-Heroes), mostly. There's other things (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNrLMob39qI)at play. I believe the community mantra goes something like "Well written, thoughtful, balanced, pick one," in regards to that particular book.

Hanuman
2010-12-15, 11:04 AM
I know right, the whole reason for that book is that DnD is generally like dolls, once the clothes come off there's just flat plastic.

That's the problem with adventurers, people forget they are animals.

Sir Swindle89
2010-12-15, 11:09 AM
Roleplaying through it with the DM (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/unforgotten-realms/49-Episode-One-The-Remaking-of-Heroes), mostly. There's other things at play. I believe the community mantra goes something like "Well written, thoughtful, balanced, pick one," in regards to that particular book.

I don't know about you but my DM is no looker. I much perfer a good steril Perform: Sexual Acts check. To RPing an "intimate" moment with my DM.

Anxe
2010-12-15, 11:15 AM
I'd rule that both cohorts interfere with the leadership scores of each other by the "-2 for familiar, special mount, or animal companion" penalty. So you could take both cohorts, but they'd both be at -2 on the leadership score.

KillianHawkeye
2010-12-15, 11:21 AM

The part where you need to roll dice to see how long you last, if you catch a disease, if you get the chick pregnant, etc. There's nothing wrong with going wenching, it just doesn't need to be explicitly detailed.

Hanuman
2010-12-15, 11:33 AM
The part where you need to roll dice to see how long you last, if you catch a disease, if you get the chick pregnant, etc. There's nothing wrong with going wenching, it just doesn't need to be explicitly detailed.
Then lets take out the regular disease rules?

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-12-15, 12:02 PM
There are no limitations on the class, race, or gender of a character’s cohorts, nor limits to the number of cohorts who can be employed by a character.
(emphasis mine)

Funny, everything coming down to a dice roll is often the surest way to avoid explicit detail.

Sir Swindle89
2010-12-15, 12:08 PM

Well unless you and the barmaid have the rythm method figured out a die roll is pretty much the most accurate way of representing pregnancy. The disease thing makes just as much sense and any other disease rule in the game. You fight a mummy, you might get mummy rot, you stick in in a dirty snatch and you might get filth feaver.

I will agree the duration thing is pretty pointless

Hanuman
2010-12-15, 12:15 PM
I think what most people are getting at that if a spell duration is listed at 1 Orgasm/level that things can get quite silly.

Sir Swindle89
2010-12-15, 12:28 PM
I think what most people are getting at that if a spell duration is listed at 1 Orgasm/level that things can get quite silly.

Oh magic, I don't think theres a spell in there that has anything on Bigby's Bitch Slap (Book of Forbidden Carnal Knowlege)

KillianHawkeye
2010-12-15, 12:42 PM
I also refuse to believe that someone is better in the sack just because they have Perform as a class skill.

Hanuman
2010-12-15, 12:51 PM
I also refuse to believe that someone is better in the sack just because they have Perform as a class skill.
Flute/Harmonica?

Yeah theres a lot they could have changed and added, Wis should have been included in the perform key ability as a feat as well.
Really a lot of this book should have benefited from skill tricks.

Coidzor
2010-12-15, 01:08 PM
^: A lot of 3.5 would have benefited from Skill Tricks being developed earlier on in the system's history, I agree.
Then lets take out the regular disease rules?

Oh, to be sure, people do, but not for the reasons that you seem to be insinuating.

Funny, everything coming down to a dice roll is often the surest way to avoid explicit detail.

Really? I thought it was not dealing with such things in game. :smalltongue:

I was pretty sure Perform (Sexual) was added to all classes' skill lists, as that was the basis for the Pervirtuoso.

Shhalahr Windrider
2010-12-15, 01:15 PM
Really? I thought it was not dealing with such things in game. :smalltongue:
Well, the subject is bound to come up if you’re playing a James Bond expy. Or Elan (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0160.html).

And, at least in Bond’s case, the quality of the performance is occasionally plot relevant. So either play it, roll a die, or do both. The choice is yours.