PDA

View Full Version : Preparing Martial Maneuver Cross Class

Elric VIII
2010-12-15, 05:36 PM
For the purpose of this question, I am let us suppose a Warblade 6/Crusader 2.

The ToB says that one class's maneuvers known count for all classes you posses, for determining prerequisites. So, if the Crusader has no White Raven maneuvers known, but the Warblade does, upon gaining the 3rd level in Crusader the player could choose to learn a maneuver that required other White Raven maneuvers known.

How does this work with preparing maneuvers?

For instance, since Crusaders have access to White Raven, could the player prepare a White Raven maneuver that he learned as a Warblade in a Crusader slot?

What about maneuvers known that don't appear on one class's list, such as preparing Devoted Spirit maneuvers in Warblade slots?

I ask this because things like the Martial Study feat, the section on learning maneuvers, etc, are rather ambiguous about maneuvers known and speak about them as a single pool of maneuvers known for a given character. The only place that this is close to clarified is when gaining maneuvers from PrCs.

Godskook
2010-12-15, 05:51 PM
How does this work with preparing maneuvers?

You don't "prepare" maneuvers, you "ready" them. As in "This maneuver, that I know as a Warblade, is now readied".

For instance, since Crusaders have access to White Raven, could the player prepare a White Raven maneuver that he learned as a Warblade in a Crusader slot?

No.

What about maneuvers known that don't appear on one class's list, such as preparing Devoted Spirit maneuvers in Warblade slots?

Only if you learned it as a Warblade, which is possible, due to feats and prestige classes.

I ask this because things like the Martial Study feat, the section on learning maneuvers, etc, are rather ambiguous about maneuvers known and speak about them as a single pool of maneuvers known for a given character. The only place that this is close to clarified is when gaining maneuvers from PrCs.

Martial Study adds a maneuver to a class's maneuvers-known list, if one is available. Treat it as any other maneuver known to that class for the purpose of readying it. If you have more than one class before taking the feat, choose one to apply the feat's benefit to.

Elric VIII
2010-12-15, 05:51 PM
Ok, thank you for the clarification.

Draz74
2010-12-15, 06:12 PM
Only if you learned it as a Warblade, which is possible, due to feats and prestige classes.

And magic items.