PDA

View Full Version : Another Crossbow Sniper

piemaester
2010-12-15, 06:23 PM
So I wanted to make a caharacter who snipes with a crossbow. Heres the thing, I want to base it off the Vital Strike feats from pathfinder. These feats allow you to multiply the weapon die by a number as you go up the feat chain. This only multiplies the weapon die by, say, 4 at the highest. So a standard attack with a 2d8 weapon deals 8d8 damage. The goal is therefore to get the biggest crossbow possible. My current idea is a large great crossbow with the spell that increases projectile size upon firing and a bipod to mitigate the size penalty.

My question is, do you smart people of the playground have anyother ways to increase the weapons base damage for vital strike? I plan to play this with a ranger who has a few levels of fighter for bonus feats. The core and Advanced Players Guide are cool, as well as 3.5 splatbooks.

D Knight
2010-12-15, 09:55 PM
get splitting from the MiC. it will split the bolt on firing so instead of 8d6 its now 16d6 hitting the same target.

imperialspectre
2010-12-15, 09:57 PM
I thought the splitting enhancement was from the FR supplement Champions of Ruin. Are you sure it's in the MIC?

piemaester
2010-12-16, 03:14 AM
Come on guys. I see all the time how you come up with the most rediculous items for someone's question. I would honestly like to know how any of you out there would accomplish this to its maximum potential.

Escheton
2010-12-16, 03:23 AM
You could grow a few sizes...

Goonthegoof
2010-12-16, 03:27 AM
Yeah, pick up strongarm bracers and grow as much as possible.