PDA

View Full Version : Shadowcaster fix query

Matamane
2010-12-15, 07:14 PM
It says

Grant bonus mysteries per day based on Int. These would work just like bonus spells. For instance, if your Int is 14, you can cast one extra mystery of 1st-level equivalent and one of 2nd-level equivalent per day. (Note that each mystery does give an equivalent level, even though you don't learn them by level.)

does this mean I take my 1st level mystery and I get a set of uses depending on how many a day, or just an additional casting of the effect. I.E. will an apprentice mystery grant 3 uses at higher levels if I get 1 bonus 1st level mystery?

peacenlove
2010-12-15, 07:51 PM
First of all the most recent link is this (http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rpg-discussion/184955-shadowcaster-fixes-mouseferatu.html)

Among other differences it bases bonus mysteries on charisma.

To your original question: Lets say you have Bend perspective and Life Fades as your 2 1st level mysteries castable each 1/day. You also possess a charisma of 16, giving you another use of a 1st mystery.

You can cast 1/day Bend perspective, 1/day Life fades and 1/day your choice of Bend perspective OR Life fades.

You then hit 7th level and have 20 charisma (2 bonus 1st level mystery uses)giving you 2 uses of Bend perspective, 2 uses of Life fades and 2 uses of either Bend perspective or Life fades.

Pechvarry
2010-12-15, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I guess their bonus slots could be seen as "recalls". You're locked into at least 1/day of any given mystery, but if you have 3 bonus slots for a given level, that's 3 times you can recast your choice of spent mysteries (of the appropriate level).

Psyren
2010-12-15, 08:29 PM
I read it the same way peacenlove does. I don't think it applies to Fundamentals though (just as you don't get bonus castings of cantrips as a spellcaster.)