PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus] Nexus OOC IX: Its Why They Pay Us The Big Bucks

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Terumitsu
2010-12-16, 01:01 AM
Due to general agreement between people on both sides of the line, TOWN and ACRO have been merged. Thus, all threads which previously would have fallen in once category or another, should now be tagged [NEXUS].

LONG LIVE THE NEXUS!

:wink:

So, what is Nexus?
Well, the Nexus itself is like a rift, a single, brilliant point where all the universes in this strange thing we call 'reality' meet. Traveling to, from, and between any world or cosmology is theoretically possible here, and the Nexus itself seems to encourage this happening, often sucking beings and locations out of other universes at random, and dumping them on the world that lies at its center. It was not always like this, however. Once there were two worlds at the Nexus' heart, separate and distinct, though somewhat similar in ways. Similar enough that they slowly and eventually merged, so that only one remained. Here in this world the Nexus' influence reigns supreme, and as such the world has defied almost all attempts at classification. Here, knights of old may engage with Jedi knights. Gleaming spaceships land in Dark Age hamlets. Cowboys and samurai quest together to find holy sandwich boxes. And in the heavens above, Xi Wangmu and the Flying Spaghetti Monster meet every Woden's Day to play bowls with Pelor (it gets pretty epic). Here the possibilities are endless, and the universe without rules (except the Forum Rules, and the general FFRP rules, and the Individual Thread Rules, and oh whatever). Welcome to Nexus. Fun is had here.

Major Locales

For an endless world that defies all logic and classification, Nexus can be pretty darn consistent at times. As such, several locations have survived the test of time, remaining (somewhat) constant amidst the chaos of the rest of the world.

Inside - Inside mostly resembles a modern city, with high-rise buildings and apartments, alleyways and roads, though the odd Demonic Monument can still be seen rising up above the surrounding suburb, teeming with dark cultists. Inside is the current seat of the Acronymian Empire, which controls much of the surrounding area.

Outside - If you ain't Inside, you're OUTSIDE! :smallamused: Simple as that. Outside is a meta-thread for all those wildernessy type areas that don't merit their own threads, be it wood or lake or tiny shack.

ACRONYMS - Home to adventurers, these complexes provide headquarters and occasionally living space for like-minded Player Characters. Invariably equipped with cheesy names, these structures provide a place for their various members to fight crime, cause chaos, or anything of the sort. Current Acronyms include:

AMEN - Association for the Malicious, Evil and Nefarious. Evil aligned organization, exists to be EVIL! And sometimes Ebil.
HALO - Heroic, Anti-evil and Lawbreaking Organization. Non-Evil aligned organization, exists to smite wrong-doers.
GLoG - Good League of Good. Good aligned organization, exists to redeem evil-doers.
LANTERN - Lawful Awesome Not-Neutral Truthful Anti-Evil Respectable Nothing Else. Good-Aligned group dedicated to fighting evil and crime of anysort. They also use power rings, and is a supeteam led by Maxios.
NO - Neutralist Oganization. Neutral aligned organization, exists to perform mercenary contracts for other organizations and individuals in the Nexus without taking sides
WATCHTOWER - You Know What? Screw It. Non-aligned aligned organization. Exists to destroy threats to Nexus, whatever form they may take.
SAINT - Society of Assassins, Infiltrators, Ninja, and Terrorists. Assasin's guild, located in Riverside.
PACK - Perfectly Acceptable College for Kids. The local Nexus school. Class has pretty much never been in session, though...

The Taverns
What kind of vaguely DnD-esque adventurer would you be if you didn't visit one of these places at least once? The various Taverns, Grills, Hotels, Cantinas and Restaurant provide meeting places for the Player Characters, areas for quest givers to stand mysteriously in, and also places for people to eat and spend the money they seem to have infinite amounts of. Though there are a vast number of such places in Nexus, some with their own thread and some without, throughout history three major hubs have existed, without which Nexus as we know it wouldn't exist. The Dancing Fox Inn, which is located in What used to be Town but is now another part of the Inside. Taverna Generica, which is located near Inside's more NPC inhabited areas. Finally, there is Trog's Tavern, which is located, maddeningly enough, at every corner of the Nexus at the same time. There is also the Black Dragon's Den, it's located roughly between the docks and the slums of Inside, and is the local hive of scum and villainy.

Nexus Character Directory (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8624672#post8624672)

horngeek
2010-12-16, 01:05 AM
Hmm... this sounds familiar to me...

The books? They take place in Thay if that helps you any.

I think Reinholdt is referring to one of his characters, Calubufiok. *hides* :smalleek: Scariest villain ever. Except for Hans Rojak.

happyturtle
2010-12-16, 01:06 AM
You only say that because you never met Alek. *shudders*

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 01:06 AM
Yep, geneticly, Riv and the Prof. are the same person. The original was a argueably mad scientist who designed a time machine, and promptly screwed up space/time in such a way that he created fifty or so time clones of himself. His response: Test subjects. Excelent.

Gullara
2010-12-16, 01:12 AM
I think Reinholdt is referring to one of his characters, Calubufiok. *hides* :smalleek: Scariest villain ever. Except for Hans Rojak.

That was my second guess that that's what he was implying.

ThePhantom
2010-12-16, 01:12 AM

Well, Alek was scarer on a personal level, Cal was scarer on a global level. Both were very scarely, very insane villians.

Artemis97
2010-12-16, 01:14 AM
*sigh*

Sszy, you've definately lost your reputation. Sorry, bud.

Must create more evil...

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

Reinholdt
2010-12-16, 01:17 AM
Reputation's a horrible thing. When you want to keep it, you lose it, but when you'd rather it not be there, there it is.

*pats Sszy gently on the head*
That's ok. You're still adowable. :smallcool: :smalltongue:

Artemis97
2010-12-16, 01:27 AM
Yeah... s/he's glaring at you from the back of my head. Just FYI.

Recaiden
2010-12-16, 01:28 AM
Poor Sszy.

celtois
2010-12-16, 01:35 AM
And so Frederick dies. Now let us all pay him out last respects.

(Well he's physically dead anyways)

He shall never prey upon the innocent of the city of inside again, may he find rest in death that he could not find in his unlife.

Terumitsu
2010-12-16, 01:37 AM
Nope, sorry, not gonna happen. Seeing as you have a surplus of Rae's, I think I'll just borrow one as a test subject. And seeing as the unhinged one here was already a bit outmatched, I thought I'd even the odds. The Professor says, holding his head. That really hurt, but thankfully he thought to protect his brain with a metal skull graft.

Um, TE... That wouldn't work at all. Brain damage is not lessened in the slightest due to the material of what the skull is made of. Concussions are what happens when the brain itself hits up against the skull due to transfer of motion and energy. As such, bone is actually better as it has more 'give' to absorb impacts than metal. Metal is only good to prevent penetration of the skull.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-16, 01:37 AM
There's a rap battle transpiring at AMEN...

I think we may have created a monster TE, especially since the rhymes are getting stranger, like they are mutating with minds of their own... :smalltongue:

Gullara
2010-12-16, 01:42 AM
And so Frederick dies. Now let us all pay him out last respects.

(Well he's physically dead anyways)

He shall never prey upon the innocent of the city of inside again, may he find rest in death that he could not find in his unlife.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

EDIT: Don't mind me. I just love the crazy ideas I get sometimes. :smallcool:

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 01:59 AM
Surprisingly, listening to 8 Mile free-style raps doesn't help much.:smalltongue:

Artemis97
2010-12-16, 02:01 AM
Reinholdt, just allow me to point out now just precisely how bad of an idea it was to get into a drinking contest with a guy named Vice. If you go off the singular fact that his form is based off of Raril's, known to be a heavy drinker and resistant to a lot of nasty poisons, he'd be in trouble. Now, add in all the fun supernatural abilities this guy has and... well... bad idea, man. Bad idea.

Reinholdt
2010-12-16, 02:07 AM
It sounded like a good idea at the time!
>>
<<
v.v

V'icternus
2010-12-16, 02:09 AM
It's an excuse to get drunk. Logic doesn't enter into it.

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-16, 02:12 AM
Reinholdt, just allow me to point out now just precisely how bad of an idea it was to get into a drinking contest with a guy named Vice.

Well, I suppose you'd expect him to be able to hold his liquor.
*flees*

Artemis97
2010-12-16, 02:16 AM
*blinks*

That's... kind of the whole idea, Kid Kris. :smallconfused:

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-16, 02:25 AM
It's also a type of clamp, hence the strategic use of 'hold' there, but it seems you guys over there spell it 'vise' in which case... uh...
LRN TO SPELL!
*throws brick at*
*flees some more*

Artemis97
2010-12-16, 02:36 AM
Ah. It's late. I didn't see the pun. T'was too subtle for me. And that's how you spell vice... I've never seen it spelled vise. That's just weird. Looks like it would be pronounced the same way as wise.

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-16, 02:45 AM
That's what I thought as well. But Merriam Webster never lies. Or maybe it does:
Vise (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vise)
Vice (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/vice)

Whatever. Let the dead joke rest... It had its moment.
So... uh...
WHO WANTS PIZZA?
If you didn't automatically say 'I do!' in your head you have either just finished eating a lot of pizza, or are a damn liar.

Zefir
2010-12-16, 03:01 AM
Is there any plot for my Timezone?
It is boring to pop out on plots but never be able to act.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 08:23 AM
*sigh*

Sszy, you've definately lost your reputation. Sorry, bud.

Must create more evil...

MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

I got a couple characters that could help with that...

Surprisingly, listening to 8 Mile free-style raps doesn't help much.:smalltongue:

You talking about the movie? I've been to that place they do the rap battles at in that movie. Met a homeless guy who calls himself Papa Smurf. He gives out beads.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-16, 09:19 AM
Pink Raccoon can kill them all. With rap.:smallcool:

Why do I want to rant about how much better popular music was in the sixties and how young'uns are ruining music with their Rap?

I'm (probably) younger than you! Why is my brain not getting that! :smalleek:

:smalltongue:

Actually having a makeover night for our characters would be fun. But you know the new look makeover kind.

I'm in!

Except that I have been here for less than a month...

Meh, who cares about logic in the Nexus? :smalltongue:

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-12-16, 09:41 AM
Except that I have been here for less than a month...

Meh, who cares about logic in the Nexus? :smalltongue:

When I was your age, we had an expression in Town regarding such situations.

SHOCK THE RAW! EMBRACE THE MADNESS!

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 11:51 AM
EMBRACE THE MADNESS!

Madness?

THIS!
IS!
NEXUS!

*kicks self into a pit*

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 12:09 PM
Is there any plot for my Timezone?
It is boring to pop out on plots but never be able to act.

what is your timezone?

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 01:07 PM
There's a rap battle transpiring at AMEN...

I think we may have created a monster TE, especially since the rhymes are getting stranger, like they are mutating with minds of their own... :smalltongue:

Yes, a monster indeed. Especially Chezzy and his Dr. Seuss style rap. It pains me to write that stuff.

Artemis97
2010-12-16, 01:07 PM
I got a couple characters that could help with that...

Yeah? Which ones?

Also, you mentioned something about having spirits or something? I may want to have Renault do nefarious things... just an idea. He hasn't moved for a while now. He needs something plotlike to do.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2010-12-16, 01:27 PM

Or Merant....or Loki....or the Godruped. Hehehehe. Godruped. Horrible name, but I was proud of his evil antics.

Oh, like Atreyu is an original creative name?

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/wolfshonor/llamas/tiefllama.gif

(I think the whole point of this post is that I'm old. :smalltongue:)

Reinholdt
2010-12-16, 01:51 PM
*grabs at Atreyu's old man hair and beard*
Santa!

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 02:46 PM
"Now you see here's really the core of the question. What do you want? At least in general terms, since it will situation specific some of the time."

Oh, no! She asked THAT question!! :smalleek:

http://www.planet-zhadum.com/morden.jpg
"What do you want?"

Lix Lorn
2010-12-16, 02:46 PM
*grabs at Atreyu's old man hair and beard*
Santa!
(glomps and pets)
KITTY!

Artemis97
2010-12-16, 02:49 PM
iElf, I don't know if you're reading the OOC thread, but I just ninja'd you in Trog's. You probably want to read the post above yours.

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 02:51 PM
(glomps and pets)
KITTY!

(Glomps and pets)

LIXXY!

horngeek
2010-12-16, 02:51 PM
(glomps and pets)
KITTY!

Isn't that a llama? :smallconfused:

Oh, no! She asked THAT question!! :smalleek:

http://www.planet-zhadum.com/morden.jpg
"What do you want?"

I'd like to live just long enough to see them cut off your head and mount it on a pike, as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I'll look up into your lifeless eyes, and wave, like this. *waves mockingly*

Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 02:52 PM
*awards HG an Internet*

Vir got what he wanted, too. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47DfQcHMYLY) :smallamused:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 04:05 PM
Yeah? Which ones?

Also, you mentioned something about having spirits or something? I may want to have Renault do nefarious things... just an idea. He hasn't moved for a while now. He needs something plotlike to do.

Well, as far as helping do evil things, Zavi and Ivaz could both work. Ivaz is a little nuts, while Zavi is much more serious.

Here's the spirits. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8630269&postcount=41) Any particular one you want him to meet? Palta and Medric are both held captive by Al, so they're out. Rasslin is in the streets with Ember, Xerlic is with Nephrim, and Eram is with Dative. Rest are just in Inside somewhere.

Artemis97
2010-12-16, 04:21 PM
Hmm... dunno... these are interesting. Any problems with them getting kidnapped/bound/studied somehow?

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 04:21 PM
*adds Palta to the to-rescue list*

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 04:23 PM
Hmm... dunno... these are interesting. Any problems with them getting kidnapped/bound/studied somehow?

Only problem I see is the character actually being able to do it.

Al did that with two of them. Palta is bound to a dagger, and Medric to a ring.

Easiest way to bind them to an item is to stab their heart with said item.

I guess stuff like dimensional anchors and what not could keep them in one spot.

Reinholdt
2010-12-16, 04:29 PM
I've been meaning to get involved in those spirits somehow.
*checks character list*
Aha! There's someone totally ok with stabbing people through the heart for no reason!
Unfortunately he's also highly wanted in Inside and doesn't go there without extraordinary reasons. Dang it. :smallannoyed:

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 04:30 PM
What would happen if a robot stabbed one of the elementals?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 04:34 PM
I've been meaning to get involved in those spirits somehow.
*checks character list*
Aha! There's someone totally ok with stabbing people through the heart for no reason!
Unfortunately he's also highly wanted in Inside and doesn't go there without extraordinary reasons. Dang it. :smallannoyed:

Well, I'm sure we could work out a way to get a spirit to Outside...

What would happen if a robot stabbed one of the elementals?

If the spirit was stabbed in their heart, then the spirit would be bound to that robot.

But only if it's through the heart.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 04:35 PM
Would the elemental possess the robot though?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 04:39 PM
Would the elemental possess the robot though?

Unless the robot has some way to not be affected by magic. But, then, the robot couldn't use the spirit's power. It would just have the spirit in it.

Artemis97
2010-12-16, 04:41 PM
Only problem I see is the character actually being able to do it.

Al did that with two of them. Palta is bound to a dagger, and Medric to a ring.

Easiest way to bind them to an item is to stab their heart with said item.

I guess stuff like dimensional anchors and what not could keep them in one spot.

Renault's a fairly powerful mage. He could keep them in one spot until he figures out how to bind them. 'course, he's never stabbed anyone through the heart before. Oh the other hand, he's not the pacifist he used to be. We'll see how strong his lust for power has gotten. Any preference for who the dragon-mage might run into?

Lix Lorn
2010-12-16, 04:41 PM
(Glomps and pets)

LIXXY!
xD
Shoulda seen THAT coming. (hugs and purrs)

Reinholdt
2010-12-16, 04:45 PM
Well, I'm sure we could work out a way to get a spirit to Outside...

Whomever you feel appropriate then.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 04:46 PM
Renault's a fairly powerful mage. He could keep them in one spot until he figures out how to bind them. 'course, he's never stabbed anyone through the heart before. Oh the other hand, he's not the pacifist he used to be. We'll see how strong his lust for power has gotten. Any preference for who the dragon-mage might run into?

Whomever you feel appropriate then.

I don't really have a preference for which spirit. That's up to you guys.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 04:47 PM
Does anybody remember my musing about bringing the bone-eating mist-fey in just to bring balance to my person good-to-evil ratio? The one who's sole purpose in life was pretty much to stalk someone, make them go slowly nuts, and then drag them somewhere secluded and devour them whole to get to their bones?

All this talk of evil is reminding me, but the only decent picture I have of her is a little old for my liking (http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/602/melikandrebloody.png). (Thar be blood)

Reinholdt
2010-12-16, 04:50 PM
I don't really have a preference for which spirit. That's up to you guys.
"I dunno. What do you want to do?"
"I dunno. What do you want to do?"
"I dunno..."

Time's always been my favorite element if I had to choose. Even if it's not really an element.

Does anybody remember my musing about bringing the bone-eating mist-fey in just to bring balance to my person good-to-evil ratio? The one who's sole purpose in life was pretty much to stalk someone, make them go slowly nuts, and then drag them somewhere secluded and devour them whole to get to their bones?

All this talk of evil is reminding me, but the only decent picture I have of her is a little old for my liking (http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/602/melikandrebloody.png). (Thar be blood)

*shudders* That tattoo on her hand looks familiar...

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 04:53 PM
Alright, Aion for Reinholdt's character, then. Whoever that will be.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 04:58 PM
My issue, at the moment, is I really do want to bring a new character in, but keep stopping just short of doing it. I really want to play my psychotically evil mist fey, but I dunno if I could pull it off well since I don't play evil that much (Don't get much of an opportunity) but as a character she's been lying around disused for years.

She almost saw use when I was making a universe where it was the real world, but there was underground society of fey that no one ever saw, and I was making up all these spirits. The whole thing was that people who'd been in a significantly traumatizing experience, or had simply been born with 'sight' could see through the disguises the fey made the on the mortal plane and such, and would see weird stuff everywhere but be a target for the weird and evil spirit-monsters that roamed around. It was a kinda cool setting, actually...

But anyways, tangent aside, the point is that she's the closest to seeing use, I'm just not sure if I could manage playing evil without the experience - especially full-blown "I WILL EAT YOUR FLESH AND DEVOUR YOUR BONES AND GIGGLE WHILE I DO IT" evil :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2010-12-16, 05:02 PM
Alright, Aion for Reinholdt's character, then. Whoever that will be.

Probably the evil lich that's Outside and has a stabbing utensil. :smalltongue:
Not that he's going to start stabbing right away or anything. Not his style.

^ DO IT! I'm sure you can find someone to eat.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 05:05 PM
I have a list of characters that I wouldn't mind being eaten/killed in some other way:

1. Riv
2. Atheor
3. Neurosis Kid
4. Chezzy

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 05:09 PM
Oh snap, thats the same as my list!

:smallamused:

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 05:12 PM
*Awards one internet*

Darkcomet
2010-12-16, 05:15 PM
I have a list of characters that I wouldn't mind being eaten/killed in some other way:

1. Riv
2. Atheor
3. Neurosis Kid
4. Chezzy

I suspect I may be getting to killing 4.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 05:16 PM
Go ahead and try. He's a lot weaker now, especially as he can only teleport if no-one's watching.

Lix Lorn
2010-12-16, 05:19 PM
Oh snap, thats the same as my list!

:smallamused:
ZING
(giggles)

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 05:20 PM
Schrödinger's cat style?

Made me think actually - what are peoples opinions on character death? I try and play Raz organically, so even though I'd be annoyed if he died, I'd probably roll with it. I deliberately made the trolls unkillable. Because they aren't srs, and I like them.

Alex however, is a bastardly bastard, and deserves to die. Take a shot if you think you can :smalltongue:

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 05:22 PM
What power level would you guys give a 600 year old mist-fey with the ability to mask her true appearance on the material plane and turn into/shadowdance in fog? Actually, come to think of it, before I solidify any powers, maybe you guys could help me work out what powers a malevolent spirit of the mists should have, so I don't step on anyone's toes. Just because I wanna play evil for the first time in a freeform doesn't mean I want to be a jerk about it.

Gullara
One of my characters just died actually. I had plans for him too, but it only made sense for him to die.

Beans
I'mma probably be on less tonight as I have plot restructuring to do for Prophet 9. Gah.

ThirdEmperor
Exactly.

As for character death, I do my absolute IC best to avoid it, but OoC, I'm fine with losing everyone but Dalev, as he's needed for the Riverside plot. See, the Experiment, who lasted a little over a posts, five of which where him bleeding out.

Artemis97
2010-12-16, 05:24 PM
I think I've come to a decision!

How about Shaydon, the earth spirit?

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 05:25 PM
Scratch one cat.

BAAOOMMM

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 05:26 PM
I think I've come to a decision!

How about Shaydon, the earth spirit?

Sounds like a plan to me.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 05:26 PM
You forget, he has revival by cannibalism.

Darkcomet
2010-12-16, 05:27 PM
That is why I am currently obliterating the corpse.

Project_Mayhem
I didn't forget that.

I merely have no idea what you mean :smalltongue: Explain?

horngeek
You forget, he has revival by cannibalism.

Given that the Empire seems to be immolating his body, that doesn't exactly help him.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 05:29 PM
The three two Chezzy bros are essentialy all different personas of the same being, the Chezzy Overmind, as we shall call him, who is three two demi-planes melded together. The Chezzy Bros. can revive each other... By eating the remains, causing a mini singularity which a few hours later collapses into the previously dead cat.

Earl of Purple
2010-12-16, 05:30 PM
Cultists: Can, and do die. Takes some killing; one was killed by a paladin he tried to capture for torture until they embraced blackguardhood and the other was killed by an agent of Hell. Only exceptions are Elezibethele and Defelent; they're the second most important and I'd prefer not to have to resurrect them. I won't ressurect Terrowin, should he die. sort of.

Dam'Bul dies regularly, but since all it takes is an easy ritual to bring him back he's rarely gone for long.

Nephrim will die for an OoC week, during which time she regrows her body. When that period is over, she'll be back. If plotcloned, the plotclone would survive until the end of the plot.

Other characters: Will die if somebody tries hard enough to kill them. Morbit will probably be killed eventually, when somebody realises its long-term aims and its got more powers.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-16, 05:30 PM
Additionally, nobody other than Chezchire's dead bro would be crazy enough to try to eat his corpse.

May I suggest burning the corpse then sprinkling it with ATP Reductase.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 05:32 PM
He has another bro. Arquim, who doesn't really see much play anymore. Course, seeing as their are only two left, I'm gonna have to start playing Arquim to so they can be put down for good.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 05:39 PM
My characters die when I think it makes sense for them to in that situation. Trix nearly died because she was latched onto and biting an exploding golem, for instance. She was only saved because half a dozen people ran over to help her.

That said, I hate killing characters - I just hate it when people won't let their characters be subject to their own mistakes and actions, and so I extend it to my own characters. No matter how important someone is, they're killable barring extreme circumstances.

The Alexandrian
2010-12-16, 05:42 PM
Regardless, Chezzy's bro isn't around to save him, and nobody else will.

Eating other PCs hmm...
How creepy, but you should totally go for it. It could try to consume either of my characters, but it would have to follow Hamnet for awhile across rooftops to properly stalk him, then face the darkness which is brooding within him.

Artemis97
2010-12-16, 05:44 PM
I don't like killing my characters, at least, not without hope that they'll be brought back somehow. However, I will gladly let them be beaten to within an inch of their lives.

>.> I'm known for being mean to my characters.

Kerfluflle, any preference on where Renault should meet Shaydon?

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 05:46 PM
That's all up to you, Artemis. Whenever you want.

Right at this moment, my posting will probably slow down. Doing presentations in class.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 05:46 PM
I see character death as just another part of RPing said character. The only time I object to them dieing is when they've only been around for enough posts to count on you're hands.

Reinholdt
2010-12-16, 05:50 PM
I don't like killing my characters, at least, not without hope that they'll be brought back somehow. However, I will gladly let them be beaten to within an inch of their lives.

>.> I'm known for being mean to my characters.

Kerfluflle, any preference on where Renault should meet Shaydon?
I used to be more ok with killing my characters I think. I think I've gotten too attached to them though.
Beating the stuffing out of them is fun, however! :smallcool: :smallbiggrin:

That's all up to you, Artemis. Whenever you want.

Right at this moment, my posting will probably slow down. Doing presentations in class.

Admiral's Outside whenever you're ready Kerfuffle. Finish up your work first though. :smalltongue:

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 05:51 PM
I'd feel awkward killing sniper Rein, cause he'd clearly get off on it :smallamused:

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 05:55 PM
From what I've seen, I don't think anyone could actually perma-kill Butler. If he ever died, I bet there would be a war over who got to resurrect him.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 05:56 PM
I get too attached to characters to want them to die. If they're fun to play, I shouldn't want that to end! Which is why I have such a problem playing evil. I would love to do it, I just know I'd hate someone doing that stuff to my characters, you know? One of the perils of empathizing with fictional characters.

Morty
2010-12-16, 05:57 PM
I'd kill my characters, but I always have more things I want them to do... >.>
Also, *pokes people to the bandit camp*. Kinda quiet there.

Reinholdt
2010-12-16, 05:58 PM
I'd feel awkward killing sniper Rein, cause he'd clearly get off on it :smallamused:
Yeah. He probably would...
:smallyuk:

From what I've seen, I don't think anyone could actually perma-kill Butler. If he ever died, I bet there would be a war over who got to resurrect him.

Evil people seem to avoid doing stuff to him like he's the bane of their existence. :smalltongue:
He used to be kidnapped once or twice a month though. :smallconfused:

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 05:59 PM
I find it helps to imagine how you would expect your characters to go down when you create them. I always expected Chezzy to die horror movie style.

The Bushranger
2010-12-16, 05:59 PM
Then all Butler's kidnappers would go all Reverse Stockholm Syndrome on him, right?

horngeek
2010-12-16, 06:00 PM
Horror movie, you say?

*considers whether to have a Lunar Chimera eat one of the remaining Chezzys* :smallamused:

Artemis97
2010-12-16, 06:02 PM
There's no rush, Kerfufflemach. In fact, I may postpone it a little bit.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 06:03 PM
I meant with him as the monster. Although being killed by a similar being would have a certain irony to it. And for the record, Mr. Cat isn't dead, but in fact compressed to the size of an atom. Which is worse, because as long as he isn't dead he can't be revived.

celtois
2010-12-16, 06:04 PM
Hey Darklord I've posted with Xavier at Trogs if you want to get that going again. :smallsmile:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 06:08 PM
Hey, Reinholdt, can Admiral pick up on magical energy? Like, if a big source of it is near him?

The Alexandrian
2010-12-16, 06:10 PM
Mr. Cat isn't dead?

Then why did his internal dimension self-destruct with a black hole?

And yeah, it is fine to kill my PCs. I'm not really attached to them, but killing them would be a challenge. Hamnet would probably weird her out/attenpt to kill/fall in love with her (only because he has been corrupted by darkness), and Kohan would probably have nothing to do with the being.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 06:11 PM
Cause he got ripped apart from Chezzy and Arquim, and then shrunk to the size of an atom. But yeah, for all intents and purposes, dead. Can't think, move or communicate.

Morty
2010-12-16, 06:13 PM
*pokes Celtois to NO*
I think Ayrissa may be needed there.

Reinholdt
2010-12-16, 06:16 PM
Hey, Reinholdt, can Admiral pick up on magical energy? Like, if a big source of it is near him?

A big enough one, sure. Where big enough is just enough to be applicable to this situation.

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 06:17 PM
*Pokes Morty to NO*

Raz never got an answer :smalltongue: [/tease]

Morty
2010-12-16, 06:19 PM
I have absoultely no idea what you're talking about. That post has totally been there all the time. >.>

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 06:19 PM
A big enough one, sure. Where big enough is just enough to be applicable to this situation.

Just making sure he'd be able to sense Aion before he saw her is all.

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 06:29 PM
Hey TE, how tough is that paralysis spell on Raz? Short term?

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 06:31 PM
It'll probably last a day or two. It won't hold up against anything more than a minor application of anti-magic though, as it's a pretty low level spell.

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 06:32 PM
Raz has supernatural spell resistance being a mage, so probably more like half a day. Cool

celtois
2010-12-16, 06:34 PM
You people and your bloody spells. :smallfrown:

How am I supposed to help people when my character can't use magic at all, and you hit them with long term spell effects. :smallyuk:

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 06:35 PM
True, that's why I hate fighting mages except with other mages.

Morty
2010-12-16, 06:38 PM
My non-magical characters handle mages without using magic. It just takes cleverness and/or badassery. Granted, they don't heal magical injuries.

Project_Mayhem
Well thats going to happen now :smallamused:

Raz is gonna be ready this time

Zefir
what is your timezone?

+1 GMT

Oh and i'm already awake now. My class goes late tomorrow so i could do something now^^.

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 06:39 PM
My non-magical characters handle mages without using magic. It just takes cleverness and/or badassery. Granted, they don't heal magical injuries.

And explosions?

celtois
2010-12-16, 06:39 PM
Fighting mages isn't so bad. Ayrissa can usually beat them in part due to her allergy being as bad for them as it is for her.

It's the healing magical injuries part that's hard. Her nanobots and advanced medicines can only do so much.

Zefir
2010-12-16, 06:41 PM
Zefir is supposed to kill mages , well it was his main Job in his old world... with bombs^^

ThirdEmperor
Well thats going to happen now :smallamused:

Raz is gonna be ready this time

If he can find out who cursed him. And if Ar doesn't just surrender to avoid a fight. And if he can hold up against Ar, as he's a pretty powerful mage.

The Bushranger
She and Shawna should swap notes sometimes; seeing as the cyborg-ish techno-paladin can use healing nanites too.

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 06:43 PM
Hah. Raz is also pretty juiced right now. Space as a abstract concept is pretty much his bitch :smalltongue:

And sorry Zefir - I have no plots atm. I'll note your only one hour out from me though

Morty
2010-12-16, 06:44 PM
If he can find out who cursed him. And if Ar doesn't just surrender to avoid a fight. And if he can hold up against Ar, as he's a pretty powerful mage.

He only has to occupy Ar long enough for Dipsnig to put a crossbow bolt or two between his shoulderblades.

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 06:45 PM
Sssh, don't tell him the plan :smalltongue:

celtois
2010-12-16, 06:46 PM
She and Shawna should swap notes sometimes; seeing as the cyborg-ish techno-paladin can use healing nanites too.

Possibly. She is pretty fond of highly advanced and sometimes untested medical treatments. In particular new ones she's made herself.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 06:47 PM
*Points to Trog thread, where Ar just pointed out he has defenses for that* :smalltongue:

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 06:48 PM
Wait, how can the landspeeders aim fast enough to hit the missile?

Missiles are subsonic, and often get shot down irl I think

Zefir
2010-12-16, 06:49 PM
Is there anyone who could take Zefir somewhere he is stuck at Amen for a week now...

Morty
2010-12-16, 06:49 PM
*Points to Trog thread, where Ar just pointed out he has defenses for that* :smalltongue:

Guess I won't bother, then.

horngeek
2010-12-16, 06:52 PM
Missiles are subsonic, and often get shot down irl I think

Also, who said they were human-manned? Those could very easily be automated, in which case...

Darkcomet
2010-12-16, 07:00 PM
The speeders' laser turrets are, in fact, automated. >.>

Zefir
2010-12-16, 07:06 PM
Hah. Raz is also pretty juiced right now. Space as a abstract concept is pretty much his bitch :smalltongue:

And sorry Zefir - I have no plots atm. I'll note your only one hour out from me though

No problem I just ask. To ask is free.

Oh and did you notice the shadow man following Alex. Not that Alex noticed him but I think you didn't take a note eigther.

celtois
2010-12-16, 07:07 PM
Hey Morty I'm waiting for your response to the Psychic feeback effect, and Ayrssia's collapse before I post.

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 07:10 PM
No problem I just ask. To ask is free.

Oh and did you notice the shadow man following Alex. Not that Alex noticed him but I think you didn't take a note eigther.

Yeah, I noticed him, but Alex didn't. He hasnt actually done anything to the vampire yet though, so I can't interact :smalltongue:

Zefir
2010-12-16, 07:14 PM
Maybe he should do something the monster you create is still alive?

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 07:20 PM
Yup. Just standing there.

iElf
2010-12-16, 07:21 PM
Yup. Just standing there.

posted there again btw

Gullara
2010-12-16, 07:23 PM
"I have a Life potion with me, and your resurrection will be due shortly." Maxios says, clasping his hands behind his back.

*Faceplam* Resurrection potions are impossible.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 07:25 PM
Guess I won't bother, then.

Actually, his wards don't deflect missiles, just makes it hard for him to strike him in a specific spot. A outright deflection spell would be to hard to keep up.

celtois
2010-12-16, 07:27 PM

Cut him some slack. With all the magical crap floating around the nexus. Deciding that something is impossible just because you declare it to be so. IS awfully arbitrary.

(I wouldn't let them work on my characters since I like death to be a serious thing but... That's not to say they are impossible.)

Gullara
2010-12-16, 07:30 PM
Cut him some slack. With all the magical crap floating around the nexus. Deciding that something is impossible just because you declare it to be so. IS awfully arbitrary.

(I wouldn't let them work on my characters since I like death to be a serious thing but... That's not to say they are impossible.)

We had this discussion before. That's why I'm not supporting my statement.

All he did was go to some random store and buy a resurrection potion. If they're going to exist there's got to be more behind it than that.

Maxios
2010-12-16, 07:31 PM
It could be retconned so Maxios got the Potion from knowing a guy who knows a guy :smallamused:

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I'm with Nite RPG here. It's one thing to have a rez potion. It's another to buy it at a NPC owned store you just created.

Gullara
2010-12-16, 07:32 PM
EDIT: ^: Thank you.

It could be retconned so Maxios got the Potion from knowing a guy who knows a guy :smallamused:

I'm not even going to bother dignifying that with a response.

celtois
2010-12-16, 07:34 PM
RPG that's garbage. Just because you see death as a big deal doesn't mean he has to. So what if popular literature makes ressurection a big deal he has decided that in his universe there is such a thing as a rez potion. If he wants to do that it would be unfair to refuse him that without also refusing other players stuff that doesn't fit into popular literature.

The nexus is really a tapestry society, it's a mix together of heaven knows how many worlds including ones invented by their players. If you want to establish what can and cannot fly in that regard, this is not the universe to be in.

Okay so I'm playing devils advocate. So what? :smallwink:

Beans
2010-12-16, 07:35 PM
TE, I don't care who Arquim is, but he seems awfully similar to Chez and the "running with massive speed and complete silence" thing sets off red flags THE SIZE OF THE SUN in my head.

Kind of like your mother.
*straightens tie*
But seriously, you have no real authority to say whether rez potions are possible. Seeing as there are other people playing and they're not you.

That doesn't mean the way it was acquired wasn't a bit cheap, though...

Lix Lorn
2010-12-16, 07:36 PM
White ring to rule them all, white ring to find them... :smalltongue:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 07:37 PM
Alright, gotta deadtime for a while now. Should be back in an hour or two.

Zefir
2010-12-16, 07:39 PM
White ring to rule them all, white ring to find them... :smalltongue:

We are not going to play "The Latern of the white ring" now

Gullara
2010-12-16, 07:39 PM
RPG that's garbage. Just because you see death as a big deal doesn't mean he has to. So what if popular literature makes ressurection a big deal he has decided that in his universe there is such a thing as a rez potion. If he wants to do that it would be unfair to refuse him that without also refusing other players stuff that doesn't fit into popular literature.

The nexus is really a tapestry society, it's a mix together of heaven knows how many worlds including ones invented by their players. If you want to establish what can and cannot fly in that regard, this is not the universe to be in.

Okay so I'm playing devils advocate. So what? :smallwink:

I can accept that on some level. But it really should NOT be that easy to get.

And one specific instance that bothered me was when I introduced Frederick he was killing an NPC. So Maxios just comes along and hey look resurrection potion. Even if they can exist they should NOT be thrown around willy nilly:smallannoyed:

EDIT:

Kind of like your mother.
*straightens tie*
But seriously, you have no real authority to say whether rez potions are possible.

That doesn't mean the way it was acquired wasn't a bit cheap, though...

*Shakes fist at* Fine fine, but my point still stands.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 07:40 PM
Arquim is the last surviving of Chezchire's brothers. Also, cat's can run really fast without making much noise. They're very good at it.

Artemis97
2010-12-16, 07:40 PM
For those interested, the Needle and Thread is now hiring. It's a clothing shop. Not terribly exciting, I know, but if you've got a character who needs a quiet job and a little extra income, go ahead and apply.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 07:43 PM
Arquim is the last surviving of Chezchire's brothers. Also, cat's can run really fast without making much noise. They're very good at it.

What are you talking about? Do you have a cat? I have three (and have had about 6 or 7 over my life) and they're clumsy as heck, I've never known them to be silent.

Maxios
2010-12-16, 07:43 PM
We are not going to play "The Latern of the white ring" now

That would be hilarious though :smalltongue:

The Alexandrian
2010-12-16, 07:44 PM
What are you talking about? Do you have a cat? I have three (and have had about 6 or 7 over my life) and they're clumsy as heck, I've never known them to be silent.

I'm with Darklord. Cats seem to always land on their feet, but there is a reason they are falling in the first place. :smallbiggrin:

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 07:46 PM
I'm with Darklord. Cats seem to always land on their feet, but there is a reason they are falling in the first place. :smallbiggrin:

Cats land on their feet? Huh, I've always seen them land half on their side, right themselves, then scamper across the room knocking twelve things over on their way out the door. :smalltongue:

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 07:47 PM
All the cats I've seen have been pretty good at sneaking around, and yes, my sister owns a cat. I might just meet lots of exceptionaly sneaky cats though.

celtois
2010-12-16, 07:47 PM
Cats land on their feet? Huh, I've always seen them land half on their side, right themselves, then scamper across the room knocking twelve things over on their way out the door. :smalltongue:

So just like Reinholdt then? :smallamused:

Beans
2010-12-16, 07:48 PM
Arquim is the last surviving of Chezchire's brothers. Also, cats can run really fast without making much noise. They're very good at it.
I'm pretty sure that cats can be very quiet and that they can also be quite fast. However, I've seen cats run before and silence and speed don't quite mix.

And I personally don't care what Arquim's supposed to be. I'm seeing ill omens regarding this character and an overpossession of might.
Ahem.

lord pringle
2010-12-16, 07:49 PM
My obese cat makes no noise until she's on you purring. She's on my bed all the time.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 07:51 PM
Well, if he does somethig overpowered please do speak up. He has been nerfed though, he can only teleport when no-one is watching, and he doesn't carry massive amounts of explosive anymore. Well, he has explosives, but not a lot.

Quincunx
2010-12-16, 08:00 PM
For those interested, the Needle and Thread is now hiring. It's a clothing shop. Not terribly exciting, I know, but if you've got a character who needs a quiet job and a little extra income, go ahead and apply.

Oh if only this were RL, heh. Will see if it's still open in the morning.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-16, 08:00 PM

Nor does listening to Def Jux and Hieroglyphics. You'd think it would. But no. :smallconfused:

Why do I want to rant about how much better popular music was in the sixties and how young'uns are ruining music with their Rap?

I'm (probably) younger than you! Why is my brain not getting that! :smalleek:

*thwack*

There's more thought put into the first verse of an Aesop Rock song than there was in an entire Creem album. You have opened a can of worms, good sir, that shall not be closed easily.
*throws gauntlet*
I DEMAND SATISFACTION. :smallmad:

Beans
2010-12-16, 08:12 PM
Nor does listening to Def Jux and Hieroglyphics. You'd think it would. But no. :smallconfused:

*thwack*

There's more thought put into the first verse of an Aesop Rock song than there was in an entire Creem album. You have opened a can of worms, good sir, that shall not be closed easily.
*throws gauntlet*
U mad bro?
O Brother, are you inflamed by a current of rage? Whence did it originate before it made your mind its destination?

celtois
2010-12-16, 08:15 PM
@ LANTERN Thread
I was just skimming over your thread, and noticed that ever post Maxios was in pain, or at least saying ow. My conclusion was that someone must be following him around with a metal ruler and smacking him anytime he says something stupid.

I was disappointed to find out this wasn't the case at all.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-16, 08:17 PM
Were Mercury a ghost, that is exactly what he'd do.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 08:29 PM
@ LANTERN Thread
I was just skimming over your thread, and noticed that ever post Maxios was in pain, or at least saying ow. My conclusion was that someone must be following him around with a metal ruler and smacking him anytime he says something stupid.

I was disappointed to find out this wasn't the case at all.
This has been rectified.

celtois
2010-12-16, 08:32 PM
It's funny because you don't have your facts straight so you look stupid now Gimli. I was informed there was no body. Just ash and it was remarked in another post of mind that there was ash their but the mercury said it was a cover. :smallamused:

Moff Chumley
2010-12-16, 08:34 PM
To be fair, anyone close enough to Moron to hit him, the stupid is gonna rub off. :smalltongue:

Beans
2010-12-16, 08:34 PM
There is only one important thing in the universe, guys.

Everyone must read this whole book and die laughing. (http://books.google.com/books?id=e0FhX6ddHfEC&printsec=frontcover#v=onepage&q&f=false)

Rae Artemi
2010-12-16, 08:37 PM
Wait, how is Chumley in LANTERN and is she trying to throttle me Rae or the character Rae, because the character Rae has done nothing.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 08:37 PM
It's funny because you don't have your facts straight so you look stupid now Gimli. I was informed there was no body. Just ash and it was remarked in another post of mind that there was ash their but the mercury said it was a cover. :smallamused:I don't look stupid. Hayden only watched up until Maxios looked and saw ash or whatever. He just says body, because he wants Maxios to stop being so darn...well...you know.... the opposite of cold and calculating. I know that Mercury was cremated.

Moff Chumley
2010-12-16, 08:38 PM
Wait, how is Chumley in LANTERN and is she trying to throttle me Rae or the character Rae, because the character Rae has done nothing.

What? I see no post to that effect. :smallconfused:

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 08:38 PM
Well why don't we all just agree that everyone is stupid. Yes... even I. Especially I.

Gullara
2010-12-16, 08:39 PM

Rae Artemi
2010-12-16, 08:41 PM

I see what you did there.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 09:08 PM
Aaargh what language is that arrglfarggl

Beans
2010-12-16, 09:11 PM
Aaargh what language is that arrglfarggl

He does me some kicks!

celtois
2010-12-16, 09:12 PM
It's very poorly translated Thai. :smalltongue:

I've rebuilt Xaviers history a bit but both he and The Nightingale used to work for a spy corp in a more oriental country. That was the language spoken. A variation on Thai.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 09:13 PM
I figured out it was Thai shortly after that post and I tried to translate it but the translation was about as helpful as the raw Thai. :smallmad:

celtois
2010-12-16, 09:15 PM
That's the secret you see. You pick a message you want to send. Input something that's kind of gibberish so nobody can cheat and read the message. Then you post it. :smalltongue:

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 09:17 PM
Seriously, one of the lines translated to "It is a difficult task in the spring will be hands Failure." and then it talked about placing "a call home ranging trap."

Beans
2010-12-16, 09:19 PM
... The similarity of that to the stuff in English as She is Spoke is uncanny.
Inevitable, seeing as, y'know, failtranslation is fail.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 09:20 PM
... The similarity of that to the stuff in English as She is Spoke is uncanny.
Inevitable, seeing as, y'know, failtranslation is fail.

But "I know him I would not want to read!"

Beans
2010-12-16, 09:21 PM
But "I know him I would not want to read!"

I shall not tell you than two woods.

Dang, over break I gotta make a character who talks just like this.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 09:23 PM
I shall not tell you than two woods.

Dang, over break I gotta make a character who talks just like this.

That's nothing, I was honestly considering trying to stat out John Freeman and give him a list of powers for Mutants and Masterminds.

Imagine playing a character who's narrative and speaking structure was like HL: Full Life Consequences, except it was actually meant to be taken literally? It would be a complete mess.

Beans
2010-12-16, 09:27 PM
You have my everlasting love again.

Also, BEAR HANDS!

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-16, 09:31 PM
Part 2 of Garrett's adventure is up in To the Death in the arts and crafts section.
It's really short, but I'll add part 3 later tonight.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 09:32 PM
How does one stat a character who can fight with his bear hands faster than bullets?

And he can apparently teleportal (as seen in Hero Beggining, when he appears through a portal in the sky). And he must have super-speed, really, because he never has to run, and can apparently walk as fast as the speed of sound. Not only that, but he can kill the incorporeal zombie goasts!

Not to mention all his powers seem to work at random. And if the machinima is to be believed, he can piledrive a train and survive explosions without a scratch.

I then concluded that John Freeman had to be a literal god of chaos.

Beans
2010-12-16, 09:33 PM
How does one stat a character who can fight with his bear hands faster than bullets?

And he can apparently teleportal. And he must have super-speed, really, because he never has to run, and can apparently walk as fast as the speed of sound. Not only that, but he can kill the incorporeal zombie goasts!

Not to mention all his powers seem to work at random. And if the machinima is to be believed, he can piledrive a train and survive explosions without a scratch.

I then concluded that John Freeman had to be a literal god of chaos.
He was one day an office typing at a computer.

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 09:34 PM
He's also capable of turning on off his computer and creating some sort of black hole.

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-16, 09:37 PM
Your mangling of my native language makes me cringe with horror.

horngeek
2010-12-16, 09:38 PM
He's also capable of turning on off his computer and creating some sort of black hole.

See, you think that's hard, but all you have to do is make a computer version of Schroedinger's Cat. Put it inside a box with a radioactive vial, and the decay controls whether it turns on or not. :smallbiggrin:

celtois
2010-12-16, 09:39 PM
I'm aware of that. KK, that's why ever time I use Thai in these posts I cringe. I'm tempted to switch it out for chinese, but with romanized characters

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 09:41 PM

The people around Henry Freeman cheerd and smiled and said "good job Henry Freeman we hate those Combines!" Combines made people fraid and when Henry Freeman killed them it gave them hop.

"Combines we are not scarred no more!" said Henry Freeman and every one around Henry Freeman said "YEAH!" and grabbed lazer guns and rocks. Henry Freeman and the people walked fast like waves and went towards to the Combine tower that was big like the sky.

Beans
2010-12-16, 09:43 PM
Which have wounden him?
You mistake you, it is a frog!

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 09:45 PM
My favourite part of HL:FLC is probably still:

"The contrysides were nice and the plants were singing and the birds and the sun was almost down from the top of the sky. the mood was set for John Freemans quest to help his brother where he was. John Freeman looked around the countrysides and said "its a good day to do what has to be done by me and help my brother to defeat the enemys"."

It's just so deliciously horrible.

VampireRot
2010-12-16, 09:49 PM
I like "He walked over to the dead bosses and put them under the ground and planted pants on them so instead of messy dirt and dark there was... pretty things... there now to be happy. (WTF)"

Just... the delivery. :smallbiggrin:

But we're being off-topic. >.>

Any Nexus-related stuff? Hrm?

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-16, 09:51 PM
No, DB and Beans, my other native language. Though that makes me cringe with horror as well. :smallwink:

Darklord Bright
2010-12-16, 09:59 PM
I like "He walked over to the dead bosses and put them under the ground and planted pants on them so instead of messy dirt and dark there was... pretty things... there now to be happy. (WTF)"

Just... the delivery. :smallbiggrin:

But we're being off-topic. >.>

Well, this all stemmed from my mentioning how hard it is to stave off the desire to play a John Freeman expy.

Lord Magtok
2010-12-16, 10:10 PM

I noticed recently that Magtok has a lot of stuff in his MagCave. MagMobiles, Cyborgcabras, MagSharks, horrible monstrous squid things, armed Magbot squads, those whales...he's basically sitting on a humongous arsenal of stuff he never actually uses. I can't help but think that he's planning something big, and hasn't told me about it yet. :smallconfused:

Project_Mayhem
2010-12-16, 10:13 PM
Maybe they'll all dance at the wedding =D

Lix Lorn
2010-12-16, 10:16 PM
I noticed recently that Magtok has a lot of stuff in his MagCave. I can't help but think that he's planning something big, and hasn't told me about it yet. :smallconfused:
Can I sig that? ♥♥♥

Beans
2010-12-16, 10:26 PM
So yeah. Tomorrow or Saturday I will introduce an evil well-dressed robot who speaks in horribly mangled English and has a robotic nautilus (the spiral-shelled animal, not the sub) translate for him.

You mistake you! I am a gentilman of very merits!

happyturtle
2010-12-16, 10:27 PM
[Arena]

Popster is my home planet. The Popsterian pantheon are the gods that watch over it, as well as its inhabitants and any others who choose to follow them. Their god of magic has been growing very old and getting weaker, and they need a suitable replacement. You seem like you would be strong enough, and if you agree to be interviewed and pass the tests, you would probably make a good replacement.

Is it bad that I can't help but snicker at the idea of Ghar becoming a god of a place with a name as silly as Popster? :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

Gullara
2010-12-16, 10:28 PM
Is it bad that I can't help but snicker at the idea of Ghar becoming a god of a place with a name as silly as Popster? :smalltongue::smallbiggrin:

It's not bad. I did to. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-12-16, 10:29 PM
He'd have to leave the Nexus though, wouldn't he? I imagine Popster would want their newest deity to spend most of his time in the office.

Lord Magtok
2010-12-16, 10:30 PM
Can I sig that? ♥♥♥

Fiiiine. But only if you keep the word "me" italicized.

Gullara
2010-12-16, 10:31 PM
He'd have to leave the Nexus though, wouldn't he? I imagine Popster would want their newest deity to spend most of his time in the office.

That is the flaw in Rae's idea. Ghar wants to be a god in the nexus because of it's connection to interdimensional travel.

Gimliggamer
2010-12-16, 10:32 PM
Fiiiine. But only if you keep the word "me" italicized.But quoting things make everything italicized.....

Gullara
2010-12-16, 10:36 PM
But quoting things make everything italicized.....

The only solution is to bold it.

Rae Artemi
2010-12-16, 10:49 PM

That is the flaw in Rae's idea. Ghar wants to be a god in the nexus because of it's connection to interdimensional travel.

The simple solution? Spread the Popsterian belief throughout NEXUS. I mean, they have a god of kirbies, who wouln't want to join?:smalltongue:

happyturtle
2010-12-16, 10:50 PM
*imagines Ghar as a televangelist*

*brain breaks*

Gullara
2010-12-16, 10:52 PM
*imagines Ghar as a televangelist*

*brain breaks*

*snickers*:smalltongue:

KerfuffleMach2
2010-12-16, 11:30 PM
Hey, Artemis, if you wanna start with Renault and Shaydon tonight, go ahead and throw him in Inside.

Artemis97
2010-12-16, 11:57 PM
I think tomorrow might be better. I'm planning on sleeping soon. planning, at least, otherwidse I may end up staying awake until 4 am again.

Though... if I start now, I'll have to work on it tomorrow...

*pokes at Renault*

Grrr

Hmm...

Edit:

Alright, We'll do it! I'm more awake now. I'll drop Renault inside.

Gullara
2010-12-17, 01:04 AM
I guess all my characters are either deadtimed or deadtimed by association.

Unless Artemis is still on...

Artemis97
2010-12-17, 01:17 AM
I'm here. But the later it gets the more likely I am to write a text wall.

Gullara
2010-12-17, 01:21 AM
I'm here. But the later it gets the more likely I am to write a text wall.

:smalltongue: How late is it for you? It's only 12:20 here.

Artemis97
2010-12-17, 01:23 AM
It is currently 1:22 AM. You should see the mess of text I can write around 3 or 4. Though I plan to go to bed at 2 today. I need to get a decent night's sleep for once.

Gullara
2010-12-17, 01:24 AM
It is currently 1:22 AM. You should see the mess of text I can write around 3 or 4. Though I plan to go to bed at 2 today. I need to get a decent night's sleep for once.

Descent nights sleep? I don't understand:smallwink:

Artemis97
2010-12-17, 01:26 AM
That's because you seem to be going down. =P

Gullara
2010-12-17, 01:28 AM
Utterly ridiculous.

Artemis97
2010-12-17, 02:09 AM
So, TV grabbed me, I'll be awake a little longer.

Gullara
2010-12-17, 02:11 AM
So, TV grabbed me, I'll be awake a little longer.

Ah the powers of television. I know the feeling well.

Artemis97
2010-12-17, 03:02 AM
Hold on a second, RPG. What new thread are you making? There's already an acitve Trog's Second Floor. I saw it on the front page a day or two ago.

Gullara
2010-12-17, 03:05 AM
Hold on a second, RPG. What new thread are you making? There's already an acitve Trog's Second Floor. I saw it on the front page a day or two ago.

That one just reached 50 pages then.

Artemis97
2010-12-17, 03:09 AM
Aah, alright. Carry on then. >.>

happyturtle
2010-12-17, 06:29 AM
*glances at character list* Hmm... only three married women on my list. Butler and Decker never even attempted monogamy. Acacia's married to a werewolf, so has quite enough novelty with two personalities devoted to her. And the third is Winnie Warwick who is basically an NPC. So I guess I don't get to participate in this week's theme of "extramarital affairs".

Though in Serena's defence, her husband got himself turned into a freaking golem. Can't imagine that he's all that nice to snuggle against on a cold night. :smallyuk:

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-17, 06:33 AM
Poor Chelonie/Happy... it must be so lonely with perma-deadtimed vampire husband... :smalltongue:
Unless they were somehow unmarried and I forgot about it. That's a very distinct possibility as well. I'm not too good with keeping up with events in the Nexus. >.>

happyturtle
2010-12-17, 06:41 AM
She's widowed. Fan died in the catperson invasion, as far as she knows.

Fan did try to bring him back briefly after that, but Happy was convinced she was hallucinating. :smalltongue:

Of course, she's still lonely, since the closest thing she's had to a date since then was hypothermia snuggles with Reinholdt. :smallyuk:

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-17, 06:51 AM
Arright. Forgot that he died.

No married characters for me, unless you count Kal's being a consort to Decker. Which reminds me that he doesn't know about Decker the Elder being around... I wonder how he'd react to that.
Also that he's waiting for Nexus Battle Royal to end so that he can follow the Dalachrechites home and then slaughter them all and burn down their temple. And then dance on the ruins. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdHR12lPcgI)
Though it would probably have to be a quick dance... no use hanging around for the inevitable ISF coming to investigate, or the wave of PCs likely to descend upon him for burning down a seemingly random building.

happyturtle
2010-12-17, 07:03 AM
Somehow I suspect the temple full of cultists will put up more of a fight than a single one. :smalltongue:

Morty
2010-12-17, 07:13 AM
I think Nexus Battle Royale is coming to an end now, if it hasn't already.

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-17, 07:21 AM
Somehow I suspect the temple full of cultists will put up more of a fight than a single one. :smalltongue:

The one who Kal managed to kill despite not having his favored weapons with him, as well as being dressed in a short skirt, heels and a bra stuffed with two grapefruits, you mean? :smalltongue:

Plus, he has Decker with him. Two Devils > A gaggle of pathetic demon-worshiping cultists.
Clearly.

Gullara
2010-12-17, 07:44 AM
Though in Serena's defence, her husband got himself turned into a freaking golem. Can't imagine that he's all that nice to snuggle against on a cold night. :smallyuk:

The whole time I've wanted to take a bottle of that crap she's drinking and smash it over her head. *mutters angrily about Vice*

Also posting will be infrequent for a while because I have tests I have to write. It probably won't effect all that much.

happyturtle
2010-12-17, 07:50 AM
It's naptime for me anyway. Good luck on your tests.

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-17, 08:05 AM
Quickie deadtime for an hour or two... just so's Wenomir doesn't think KR's gone all speechless on him. :smalltongue:
*is avataring... finally*

Morty
2010-12-17, 08:07 AM
I know I would go speechles if I saw him holding a Thanksmas present.

Mina Kobold
2010-12-17, 10:52 AM

We have three at our summer house as well, they're pretty sneaky.

If you startle them they run silently away, only reason I notice is because they are dark brown and running on grass.

*thwack*

*throws gauntlet*

*Wince*

What's Aesop Rock and Creem?...

*Is gauntleted*

HOW! By a standoff between teh beatles and Eminem? 'Cause that would be kind of cool :smalltongue:

No, DB and Beans, my other native language. Though that makes me cringe with horror as well. :smallwink:

They never let me have more than one native language, just because it's impossible :smallannoyed::smalltongue:

Ashen Lilies
2010-12-17, 11:06 AM
I believe he's referring to Cream. Also I'm not sure I get his point. Of course Aesop Rock puts more planning into their songs than Cream does to an album. You could throw a toothpick at a set of drums with more planning than a Cream album. Doesn't mean it's bad. :smallsmile:

Gullara
2010-12-17, 11:57 AM
Pfft. As if they have anything else to talk about right now.
KR thanks him for the compliment while blushing (because I can't even be bothered to code for her speech color and the smiley) and then promptly deadtimes so her player can sleep.

I'm sure RPGsr4me would be sorely disappointed.

Maybe I'm just too tired or a little slow right now, but I don't understand. >.<

Reinholdt
2010-12-17, 12:36 PM
Of course, she's still lonely, since the closest thing she's had to a date since then was hypothermia snuggles with Reinholdt. :smallyuk:

I saw how she reacted. She enjoyed it. :smalltongue:

I don't think I have any married characters except for Butler. One thing none of my characters seem good at are relationships...

happyturtle
2010-12-17, 12:52 PM
Only because of Alek screwing with her mind and making her like it. :smallyuk: :smallyuk: :smallmad:

happyturtle
2010-12-17, 01:29 PM
If it can fit through dozens of tiny crevices and work inside a ton of rubble, this 'dove' will probably find the grey man looking unconscious/dead. Part of his face, and most of his abdomen, is caved in by big rocks.

TE, I poketh thee to Outside. *poketh*

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-17, 01:34 PM
And I counter with a poke to Random Plots!

Gullara
2010-12-17, 02:34 PM
Hey Maxios, word of advice. Making someone promise not to do something evil doesn't work. Cause if they're good they weren't going to do anything evil, and if they're evil they LIE.

Unless it's Ghar, you can totally trust him.

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-17, 02:36 PM
Hey, Ar is totally trustworthy and would never break a promise. But keeping LANTERN's PR low so they never get permission to patrol Inside is a good act, because he's protecting the people of Inside. :smallamused:

Reinholdt
2010-12-17, 02:43 PM
I don't think there's anything Ar could do to lower Lantern's PR any lower. :smallconfused:

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-17, 02:45 PM
Trust me, he's found a way.

Gullara
2010-12-17, 02:49 PM
Inconceivable!

Too lazy to find picture. >.<

ThirdEmperor
2010-12-17, 02:50 PM
Ah, but there is something you don't know: Ar is not left-handed.

Lord Magtok
2010-12-17, 02:52 PM
Inconceivable!

http://www.strategicdc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/inconceivable.jpg

TechnoScrabble
2010-12-17, 02:59 PM
I just thought of something.
Garrett is going to become a knight eventually.
He is sympathetic to the plight of others. Whether he wants to be or not.
He is aware that Vasilisa is a goddess.
Maybe he becomes a paladin of Vasilisa!

I need to stop thinking so far ahead with my characters...

And TE, I totally saw that coming.