PDA

View Full Version : Gate and Epic Spellcasting

Alleran
2010-12-16, 01:23 AM
Is there a list somewhere of any creatures who have the Epic Spellcasting feat and are available to be called by a Gate spell? I'm considering a way to get "Epic Spellcasting by proxy" and it occurred to me that if I can just gate in a creature with the feat, then I wouldn't need to actually have the feat personally. And if I can keep the creature around long enough, then should it also be possible for said creature to (on my orders) develop an epic spell?

Defiant
2010-12-16, 01:27 AM
Subject to the creature's (read: DM) terms:

If you choose to exact a longer or more involved form of service from a called creature, you must offer some fair trade in return for that service. The service exacted must be reasonable with respect to the promised favor or reward; see the lesser planar ally spell for appropriate rewards. (Some creatures may want their payment in “livestock” rather than in coin, which could involve complications.) Immediately upon completion of the service, the being is transported to your vicinity, and you must then and there turn over the promised reward. After this is done, the creature is instantly freed to return to its own plane.

Failure to fulfill the promise to the letter results in your being subjected to service by the creature or by its liege and master, at the very least. At worst, the creature or its kin may attack you.

Psyren
2010-12-16, 01:30 AM
Elder Titan (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/titanElder.htm) is an Outsider with Epic Spellcasting. You need at least CL 35 to Gate him in though I think.