PDA

View Full Version : Legacy bonuses

Loki Eremes
2010-12-16, 04:34 AM
Hoi there pals.

Im one of the people in my party who uses a Legacy Weapon.
One of my partners uses the Desert Wind.
What i want to highlight here is the ability named

"Dance of Flame & Wind"
"At 7th lvl You gain +2 bonus enhancement bonus to dexterity. This bonus rises at,blahblah"

...What i wanna know if this bonuses are Permanent.
I mean, AS LONG AS you are transporting it (sheathed or within a bag of holding for example)
-OR-
Does it gives those bonuses to you ONLY when your are wielding the Legacy.

Im questioning this because a Bow is my legacy weapon, but i only use it occasionally.

poignant123
2010-12-16, 05:22 AM
I think bonuses from legacy items only count if you have possession of the legacy item. But I don't think I've seen a rule that says its not permanent.:smalltongue:

Legacy items aren't always weapons, so it doubt it needs to be wielded.

Loki Eremes
2010-12-16, 05:27 AM
I think bonuses from legacy items only count if you have possession of the legacy item. But I don't think I've seen a rule that says its not permanent.:smalltongue:

Legacy items aren't always weapons, so it doubt it needs to be wielded.

Im assuming that is in your possession and all rituals done :3

SO...
Any other opinion on this???

Loki Eremes
2010-12-16, 07:01 PM
No other answers???

NekoJoker
2010-12-16, 07:31 PM
Nothing on the rules says whether or not you have to wield the item to gain the bonuses... I may say (and I most likely will regret this) that as long as you have the item within reach you should be getting the bonuses. The Thing should be somewhere you can reach to draw it out (at least in the case of the Desert Wind). The same would apply to your Bow.

Loki Eremes
2010-12-16, 07:36 PM
Nothing on the rules says whether or not you have to wield the item to gain the bonuses... I may say (and I most likely will regret this) that as long as you have the item within reach you should be getting the bonuses. The Thing should be somewhere you can reach to draw it out (at least in the case of the Desert Wind). The same would apply to your Bow.

now time to tell my master

...oh wait.

PD: give us the XP points from last week :elan:

NekoJoker
2010-12-16, 07:42 PM
I really can't... half the party is sleeping with the kobolds in the fire pit and you... kindda flee the fight to heal your beloved Tohsaka expy...

I'll think of something ^-^

pilvento
2010-12-16, 08:09 PM
i am the protagonist and the one who defeated the last boss twice, so i demand the exp and i demand lvl downs for the drow and his girlfriend (npc girflriend) !

P.D: im sry u are so underpowered loki, ask ur master and exchange some lvls, try a new build or something, im going to stack arcane strike from now one

HunterOfJello
2010-12-16, 08:37 PM
Weapons of Legacy pg 10, "Wielding an Item of Legacy"

Unless it states otherwise, you gain the abilities from the item of legacy as long as you are wearing it or carrying it on your person. Some abilities require active use of the item.

Losing the item immediately removes the benefits.

~

So, as long as you are carrying your legacy weapon that gives a +2 Dexterity bonus on your person, you will get the ability bonus. If you aren't wearing it, you lose the bonus. It isn't 'permanent', but it is a constant bonus.

Also, sheathed would count while having it in a bag of holding would not.

Loki Eremes
2010-12-16, 10:35 PM
Weapons of Legacy pg 10, "Wielding an Item of Legacy"

Unless it states otherwise, you gain the abilities from the item of legacy as long as you are wearing it or carrying it on your person. Some abilities require active use of the item.

Losing the item immediately removes the benefits.

~

So, as long as you are carrying your legacy weapon that gives a +2 Dexterity bonus on your person, you will get the ability bonus. If you aren't wearing it, you lose the bonus. It isn't 'permanent', but it is a constant bonus.

Also, sheathed would count while having it in a bag of holding would not.

yeah, sry bout that, english is not my mother language.
I meant CONSTANT as you said.

why wouldnt count in a bag of holding?

poignant123
2010-12-17, 12:28 AM
Because when something is in a bag of holding, it's essentially in another plane altogether. It's not actually with you per se.