PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Quick Help on Storage

Dakaran
2010-12-16, 09:57 AM
Hi, I'm not going to have a chance to look at my books for a couple of days and I was hoping someone could help me out with a quick question. Does anyone know what the weight/size limitations are of the backpack and belt pouch that are part of the standard Adventurer's Kit in 4th Edition?

Thanks!
Dakaran

Kurald Galain
2010-12-16, 10:21 AM
They are unspecified, because keeping track of encumbrance details is not fun.

Sipex
2010-12-16, 10:25 AM
Kurald is right, there is no specification. 4e dropped encumbrance calculations for all except the most extreme of situations.

(For example, a bag of holding can only hold 200lbs at a time, that's because you want to avoid players stuffing multiple party members in one)

For the most part, if you have a backpack and you're being reasonable (ie: not trying to drag a bed along with you or trying to take every mundane weapon dropped by an army of goblins) it shouldn't matter. Otherwise, DM ruling.

Dakaran
2010-12-16, 10:28 AM
Hm, interesting. I was actually going to put a spreasheet together to track my inventory and assign my items to different bags/packs/etc. and just let Google Docs do the calculations for me. Ok, well I guess I'll just make sure I don't go over my normal carrying capacity with weight and that should be good enough.

Thanks!
Dakaran

Sipex
2010-12-16, 10:37 AM
That said, if inventory management makes the game fun for you tell your DM and ask him if you can use the weight restrictions from 3.5 (since it would match up very closely).

Dakaran
2010-12-16, 10:40 AM
I do love to be organized and track things. Do you know what the weight restrictions are from 3.5 for a backpack and belt pouch?

Sipex
2010-12-16, 10:41 AM
I do not, but you can look that up using the SRD. Just google D&D 3.5 SRD (I cannot supply a link as I'm at work).

Artanis
2010-12-16, 11:20 AM
http://www.d20srd.org