PDA

View Full Version : A Dream of Quiet (OoC)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

LauWren
2012-01-28, 05:10 PM
My life is stressful, and I would like to drop this game because it is adding stress, rather than fun, to my life.

If it wouldn't ruin the game, I'd write a post about going off to seek the other children I have yet to find. (If you wanted to bring Amelia back as a NPC or something that'd be fine, by the way.)

Leliel
2012-01-28, 05:52 PM
My life is stressful, and I would like to drop this game because it is adding stress, rather than fun, to my life.

If it wouldn't ruin the game, I'd write a post about going off to seek the other children I have yet to find. (If you wanted to bring Amelia back as a NPC or something that'd be fine, by the way.)

Well, that's disappointing. See you round.

Drascin
2012-01-28, 05:59 PM
Aw. Well, see you around, and I hope whatever's going in your life relents a bit so you can de-stress a little.

Everyone else, what's your status? We should start moving, or talking, or something.

Recaiden
2012-01-28, 07:16 PM
Sorry to hear that. Feel free to write and exit post however you like. Go get some more fun in your life.

My status is getting online fairly often, and having plans and encounters, and waiting for the players to act.

Drascin
2012-01-31, 04:42 PM
Okay, so the ST is here and waiting, I'm here... what's the status of everyone else? Are you having trouble to post as well?

(Sorry to be antsy, but Sudden Post Stop Syndrome has killed a lot of PbPs and I'd rather this one didn't head this way...)

Rhyvurg
2012-01-31, 06:24 PM
I'm still here, just stuck.

Leliel
2012-02-01, 07:30 PM
At attention.

aetherialDawn
2012-02-01, 08:52 PM

(If you wanted to bring Amelia back as a NPC or something that'd be fine, by the way.)

I'm afraid that I must echo this. I have essays to write, and a new job, and the posts for this game, while rewarding when I can manage them, are just too involved to get down properly. Sorry...

Recaiden
2012-02-02, 11:30 AM
Goodbye, Dawn. You were(and are) a great player, and I look forward to seeing you again when you are less busy. Fare well in the offline world.
Now, here's hoping that the game doesn't immediately fold completely. We have at least four people remaining and willing to play.
I should be able to get up a post moving the rest of you along this evening (Call it 10.5 more hours). I may wait on a post writing out our two dropping members, in case they still were interested in writing it up themselves.

Drascin
2012-02-02, 03:02 PM
A pity, that. See you elsewhere, Aetherial, and good luck!

At attention.

I'm still here, just stuck.

You guys could just react a bit to the fact that we just obtained the location of one of the people the Despot asked us to find, then. I dunno, just an idea, so we can decide at least if we're going there right away, checking more sources, or what.

Tavar
2012-02-06, 03:02 AM
Okay, sorry for the total silence for a while. Was dealing with quite a bit of personal stuff, and totally writer's blocked with regards to what to write about the downtime. If there's still a place for me, I should be able to continue onward with things tomorrow.

Recaiden
2012-02-06, 10:05 AM
There is still a place for you. Personal stuff is first, of course.

Leliel
2012-02-08, 03:26 PM
Still at attention.

Tavar
2012-02-08, 04:14 PM
Hearts blood shapes I would like to have gotten in downtime: mouse and some form of camel.

Also, free Ox Body purchases increase with essence, yes?

Recaiden
2012-02-08, 06:49 PM
Hearts blood shapes I would like to have gotten in downtime: mouse and some form of camel.

Allowed.

Also, free Ox Body purchases increase with essence, yes?

Again, yes. :smallsmile:

Leliel
2012-02-10, 09:39 PM
Since my idea was already there, I'm just waiting for someone else.

Leliel
2012-02-12, 12:21 PM
Hm...

With Typical Aalu Abilities, do you think Beheris would be able to have a map of the area?

If so, he can reproduce it.

Recaiden
2012-02-13, 09:21 AM
That seems unlikely. I would find it more reasonable if one of you had or could easily acquire a map.

Trying to work out which is the Wisest Choice within the bounds of the charm.

Drascin
2012-02-13, 09:56 AM
That seems unlikely. I would find it more reasonable if one of you had or could easily acquire a map.

Trying to work out which is the Wisest Choice within the bounds of the charm.

I'm noticing that STing for a Sidereal appears to be a right pain in the ass. Sorry for that :smallredface:

Recaiden
2012-02-18, 07:36 PM
I'm noticing that STing for a Sidereal appears to be a right pain in the ass. Sorry for that :smallredface:

Just a bit. I apologize for taking so long to figure out what prophecy will be sending you towards.

Tavar
2012-02-19, 12:59 AM
Uh-oh. Rhyvurg, you okay?

Rhyvurg
2012-02-19, 01:15 AM
I'm fine, why?

Recaiden
2012-02-19, 01:37 AM
Because that's either the shortest "leaving-campaign-now" notice I've yet seen (although if it is, thanks for adding it at all), or rather...individual of a course of action.

Leliel
2012-02-19, 09:06 AM
Yes that's...unclear.

I got the idea that this is "before we started looking for the hostages", but still.

Rhyvurg
2012-02-19, 12:36 PM
I'm not leaving the game, Pyrus is paying his sifu a visit to create the in-story requirements for me to learn more Concordant Dragon Charms and to learn about that warstrider I want. And with his particular mode of transport it's impractical for anyone else to come along, he can go much faster by himself.

Tavar
2012-02-19, 01:57 PM
Can I assume that we know where the entrances to the mine complex are?

Recaiden
2012-02-20, 03:55 PM
It's amazing how one can forget such magical motorcycles.

Yes, you can assume that the mine entrances are known.

Recaiden
2012-02-20, 10:27 PM
You may want to roll that again, with the 'v's included. Correct call on the combination to use.

Leliel
2012-02-22, 12:04 AM
Hm...

Too late to post right now, and Sociology tomorrow, but would it be possible that these mirrors have something to do with the Underworld?

They like their mirror symbolism when it comes to necromancy, and really, I want to test out my new Specialty.

Tavar
2012-02-22, 12:35 AM
Oh....
[roll0]

Rhyvurg
2012-02-22, 12:42 AM
Hey Recaiden, should I go ahead and narrate the trip myself?

Recaiden
2012-02-22, 10:01 AM
Hm...

Too late to post right now, and Sociology tomorrow, but would it be possible that these mirrors have something to do with the Underworld?

They like their mirror symbolism when it comes to necromancy, and really, I want to test out my new Specialty.

Make an Int + Investigation or Lore check and a post to the effect of recalling what Kagami taught an consulting those books, and see what you can tell. :smallsmile: Most things are possible.

Hey Recaiden, should I go ahead and narrate the trip myself?

I think that that would be best. I'll tell you if there's anything in your narration that's a problem, and come in once Pyrus arrives.

Drascin
2012-02-22, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I think we should all be doing some Lore rolls here, just in case. I do seem to remember there was a necro spell that involved mirrors, as well as a few more known stuffs about Underworld symbolisms with mirrors, and if it's that, a Lore roll might help remembering having read about it. Worth a try! :smallbiggrin:

Should I also roll, or will Leliel's count for everyone's?

Recaiden
2012-02-23, 10:34 AM
Yeah, I think we should all be doing some Lore rolls here, just in case. I do seem to remember there was a necro spell that involved mirrors, as well as a few more known stuffs about Underworld symbolisms with mirrors, and if it's that, a Lore roll might help remembering having read about it. Worth a try! :smallbiggrin:

Should I also roll, or will Leliel's count for everyone's?

His roll will count, but I'll add one (success) to it for your assistance, as per partial teamwork rules.

Drascin
2012-02-23, 03:58 PM
His roll will count, but I'll add one (success) to it for your assistance, as per partial teamwork rules.

Aw. Was hoping to be able to take advantage of that third Lore excellency. Well, he can add his first to it, I presume, so one for the other.

Leliel
2012-02-27, 08:26 PM
Hey, you can always make separate rolls, and I can Assist you.

Leliel
2012-03-03, 08:30 PM
Hello? Guys?

Recaiden
2012-03-05, 11:52 PM
Hello!

Raziel is also aware of the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears, and the fact that others exist. And if he has confused to Lion's dominant military position and de facto rulership of Stygia for an actual place of authority, well, that's not a difficult mistake to make.

Tavar
2012-03-06, 02:50 AM
Just to be sure for my post, how far away is the mine complex: an hour? 2? 3?

Recaiden
2012-03-06, 09:44 AM
From here, three to four hours away.

Leliel
2012-03-10, 02:13 PM
And just so we know:

Nuitan is referring to demons in general when she says "we", not Raziel and his Shoulder Angels.

Recaiden
2012-03-10, 08:03 PM
Of course. Raziel hasn't shown any particular tendency to use people without their knowing what they do.

Rhyvurg, if you're looking to run into some Dune People or other side encounter, I had thought Pyrus's return leg of the trip a better time for such to occur.

Drascin
2012-03-14, 02:28 PM
So. 2.5 is out. This is going to require some stat retooling... and in my case, likely a bigger rebuild if I'm allowed to, because the Sidereal charmset has been updated completely.

Tavar
2012-03-14, 04:17 PM
I might want to do some rebuilding as well, after I read the Lunar section.

Rhyvurg
2012-03-15, 07:25 AM
I haven't even scratched the surface of Terrestrial errata.

Rhyvurg
2012-03-15, 08:06 AM
Okay, having read a good portion of 2.5, I give it an 8 out of 10. I REALLY hate that they took out one of my favorite things for Alchemicals, but all in all I like it. We're on downtime anyway, if we're going to adjust our sheets now is the time.

Drascin
2012-03-15, 08:27 AM
I haven't had much time to go deep into the Errata, but some stuff I've noticed:

- Continuity error: Efficient Secretary Technique is now entirely incapable of retrieving some of the info we have used it to retrieve. This begs the question of how in blazes we found out where the kidnapped people were then.

- I am amused that ICM has gone from being near-broken to so bad I have no idea why anyone would want to use, while the previously useless rest of the Craft tree has become useful. Still, my main reason for going Craft has disappeared and I need a new plan for dealing with the Lion invasion in the future.

- New Trouble-Reduction Strategy plus Shadow Throne Form gives me an amusing mental picture, as it allows it to be so that I'm Defending other everyone and everyone is Defending Other me - layered DVs ahoy! (Logic? Euclidian physics? What's that?) But going support with so few people around (three of us, since Pyrus left) is not a good idea. We need every fist we can get, not me staying back and not attacking to give everyone a free DV barrier.

- New Performance Charms look acceptable. I feel vindicated seeing that the solution they came up with for Song of Spirit Persuasion is basically the same as mine - just I made it so the intimacy was unbreakable in the first place, they preferred to make it one that self-regens every day if broken. Harmonic Completion does something that the Fateful Excellency doesn't (halve DVs for subsequent attacks), making it worth the time. Flawless Ceremony is pretty good, and I actually even like it more than my own - giving an extra motivation meaning better stunts for free is a great idea. Ice and Fire Binding lets you get a bunch of mortal priests to help, plus the fact that combos are now free means that even though you STILL need a maxed excellency to hit it, now you don't need a combo especifically for this.

Perfection in Life is still pretty bad, but at least it's the only crap charm left in the tree.

All in all, it's looking like a big rewrite, but one for the better.

Rhyvurg
2012-03-15, 08:48 AM
Yeah, imagine how much XP and BP are freed up now that there's no cost for combos.

Leliel
2012-03-15, 09:28 AM
For me, it looks like I can finally buy Sidereals without feeling like I wasted my money.

Also-you do not want to face Raziel in a social combat setting after this.

Which is good, because that's what I wanted.

Rhyvurg
2012-03-15, 09:46 AM
Oh, another cool thing, my MA charms now have the Leader keyword, if/when we do get an army Pyrus is a shoe-in for the leader.

Recaiden
2012-03-15, 10:53 PM
I'll be looking over 2.5 this weekend.

But if you all would like to start working on any changes (remaking charm choices in particular, re-spending any points lost to combos, refiguring stats) to your characters in light of 2.5's rule changes, go ahead. I'm going to have to re-figure the more detailed opponents at some point too.

As for the EST doing the impossible, being informed by instruction from heaven seems likely, but there are a few other options. I'll think about it.

Rhyvurg
2012-03-15, 11:07 PM
Awesome, gives me something to do.

Tavar
2012-03-16, 10:05 PM
Looks like my only current change will be losing Claws of the Silver Moon in favor of the first healing charm.

Drascin
2012-03-17, 12:51 PM
I on the other hand am probably going to make a lot of changes. Time to read errata has been low, though, given exam on Tuesday, so, sorry. Still, I'm wondering what to do about my Martial Arts. Now that more of the noncombat charms are genuinely useful, they're a lot more tempting. But given we've gone from six to three people, and that this rescue mission is looking like it might well end in blows, I feel like I should have some fighting ability. The question then, of course, would be "how", as the previous plan of "given my motepool is crap, layer some longer duration charms, keep drip-refilling what's left, and try to finish quickly" does not seem to work now.

By the way, did we use any particular houserules to create our sheets? I don't remember, but I want to be sure I'm doing it right if I have to move a couple dots around for new prereqs.

EDIT: ...okay, there is a little tibdit I hadn't noticed on the Ice and Fire Binding errata that is mighty impressive. "This Charm can bind any spirit with Essence up to three dots greater than the Siderealís, to a maximum of 7". This thing can summon anything spirit up to Essence 6 at the moment. Demons, Elementals, Ghosts, you name it. The question is how much control I'd have over them, because there's a couple ways to read the Charm on that point and I dunno how Recaiden will go on it - won't exactly use it if, say, I summon a demon and it might just decide that the best way to "help" is murdering everyone and make sure their remains are prettified and have a nice Underworld passage :smalltongue:.

Leliel
2012-03-20, 09:04 AM
Probably nothing needs changing.

By the way, sorry for not being as diligent as I would like. A flu epidemic is making the rounds.

Drascin
2012-03-31, 06:09 AM
Finally I had a few days to sit down and read the Siderrata completely and change the sheet. It's basically finished at this point - the changes to base sheet haven't been as huge as I guessed would be necessary, and just needed to move one dot into Awareness, but I did change where my XP went completely. The newly bought Charms I've left in italics so you can check it easier, Recaiden, and the XP expenditure is broken down at the bottom of the sheet.

Basically, without ICM existing, getting Craft wasn't nearly as important as it was before (though World-Shaping Artistic Methodology has gone from being literally useless to the yummiest charm in the tree, damn it all :smallbiggrin:), so I redirected that XP to get Avoidance Kata, Ice and Fire Binding, and a couple Occult Charms. Given we are likely to end up facing a few ghosts and demons, I thought Mark of Exaltation (which makes all immaterial targets in a 150 yard radius visible) and Shadow Throne Form (which makes all my Shadow Fingers capable of hitting and targeting immaterial beings) were probably important to have around.

So, I'm basically done. Just 9 XP left to spend, because I'm not sure whether to get Supernal Awareness (also known as Fateful Sidereal Radar), a Fateful Excellency, or continue working on Throne Shadow because while a few of the Charms in it are not very useful for me (yes, a charm keying off Stealth in a character with zero dots in stealth is going to be awesome :smalltongue:), the capstone is wonderful and I want it. Will allow me to defend you all from UMI, give everyone aggravated damage against creatures of Darkness with a single charm, give people parry-counterattacks...

Just one question I wanted to ask, Recaiden: how are you going to rule Ice and Fire Binding? What it does is giving the spirit a motivation to help a particular group or place as much as it can - but does it operate under its conception of "help", or that of the people it's helping? It's a very different thing, and it's very important, because the Charm doesn't give direct control, and I've been reading demon and elemental writeups and, well, unless the Charm makes it so they can actually see what their helped ones want, most of these people's conception of "help" would make it a terrible idea to summon them ever. Hell, Alveua thinks the best way to help people is forging them into artifacts where they are still conscious but can't do anything, in a kind of "No Mouth and Must Scream" deal, and she's not one of the worst!

Recaiden
2012-03-31, 11:38 PM
To be clear, you do mean by the fast forwarding to at the mines, when you go after Wing, to talk to the people there, right?

Just one question I wanted to ask, Recaiden: how are you going to rule Ice and Fire Binding? What it does is giving the spirit a motivation to help a particular group or place as much as it can - but does it operate under its conception of "help", or that of the people it's helping? It's a very different thing, and it's very important, because the Charm doesn't give direct control, and I've been reading demon and elemental writeups and, well, unless the Charm makes it so they can actually see what their helped ones want, most of these people's conception of "help" would make it a terrible idea to summon them ever. Hell, Alveua thinks the best way to help people is forging them into artifacts where they are still conscious but can't do anything, in a kind of "No Mouth and Must Scream" deal, and she's not one of the worst!

You say that as though you don't think being forged into eternally suffering artifacts is the best way to help people. :smallconfused:

That said, the spirits will try to help according to the helped person's understanding of helped, assuming they have some idea what that is. Which they will, almost always. I won't have your summons o horrible things to try to help you.

Drascin
2012-04-01, 01:31 PM
To be clear, you do mean by the fast forwarding to at the mines, when you go after Wing, to talk to the people there, right?

Not to meeting Wing himself, but rather, Raziel wanted to use the few hours we had until meeting to poke workers and such around for information, and I intended to sniff the area for anything that pings my danger sense, or anything magical, spirit, or thaumathurgical.

You say that as though you don't think being forged into eternally suffering artifacts is the best way to help people. :smallconfused:

Not the biggest fan, no :smalltongue:.

That said, the spirits will try to help according to the helped person's understanding of helped, assuming they have some idea what that is. Which they will, almost always. I won't have your summons o horrible things to try to help you.

That's a relief to hear. Given this lets me summon Second Circles easily (and even Lesser Elemental Dragons next Essence dot), didn't quite want to risk having my summons decide to helpfully murder a whole quarter :smallamused:.

Tavar
2012-04-05, 03:41 PM
Umm...do I remember who Drake is?

Drascin
2012-04-05, 04:17 PM
Yes, actually. The roll to remember is actually Wits+Integrity, but given you would have a penalty anyway, the dice rolled are about the same, and you got two successes, which are enough. So yup.

Recaiden
2012-04-06, 11:39 PM
Going out of town for Easter, response will be a day or two.

Further, he is correct about the Arcane Fate. :smallsmile:

Tavar
2012-04-14, 10:20 PM
I think this is the moment either Drake or Raziel to make their entrance...

Drascin
2012-04-15, 05:44 AM
Indeed. Let's try for the direct approach, see if we can pull some aggro from the guards. Hoping they're just guards and not nasty surprises.

Recaiden
2012-04-15, 11:41 PM
Please keep purely OoC post, such as die rolling, in this thread. :smallsmile:

[roll0]
[roll1]

Tick Order:

Tick 0: Important Guy
Tick 1: Drake, Large Dice Pool Character
Tick 2:
Tick 3:
Tick 4: Raziel, All the guards
Tick 5: Wing
Tick 6:

Recaiden
2012-04-15, 11:43 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Recaiden
2012-04-15, 11:58 PM
Rolling damage:
[roll0]

Rhyvurg
2012-04-16, 05:23 AM
You didn't forget about me did you?

Recaiden
2012-04-16, 09:47 AM
You didn't forget about me did you?

<.<
>.>

Only forgot that I had forgotten you. One moment.

Drascin
2012-04-17, 12:19 AM
RL intruded, won't be able to post today all day. Tomorrow morning I will post, promise. Sorry for the delay.

Recaiden
2012-04-17, 10:45 AM
No problem. Offline life happens to us all.

Drascin
2012-04-18, 07:44 AM
Alright, so, flurrying two attacks, one towards each. If these two rolls are crappy, I'll probably pop Third MA excellency. I want to flare anima here (because it's +3DDV while Shining Joy is on, and with a total soak of 1 I really want my DDV as big as possible :smalltongue:), and I'm still 6 motes away from that, so I want to spend a bit.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Plus whatever stunt dice I may get. Damage is 8B/2, as always.
EDIT: four and three successes each. Hm. That against surprised extras is probably enough to hit, I hope.

Defenses:
Dodge DV 7
Parry DV 6
Soak: 1L/2B

Health:
-0 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]

Personal: 10/15
Peripheral: 23/38(13 Committed)

Recaiden
2012-04-18, 09:11 AM
2-die stunt to each attack.
[roll0]
[roll1]

Tick 0:
Tick 1:
Tick 2:
Tick 3:
Tick 5: Wing, Abyssal
Tick 6: Drake
Tick 7: Large Dice Pool Character

Recaiden
2012-04-18, 09:17 AM
Surprise is really powerful.

Let's have some damage:
On first: [roll0]
On Second: [roll1]

Also, I rolled the first attack without considering soak, but we can keep the three damage it got you.

Drascin
2012-04-18, 04:01 PM
Ouch :smalleek:. That snap did not sound good. Hope I didn't kill the guy. I try to keep all damage bashing to minimize casualties, but there's a fine line between "conking someone against a rock hard enough to give him enough of a concussion to keep him unconscious for a bit" and "conking someone against a rock hard enough to break something important in his skull".

Even more with Extras, too.

Leliel
2012-04-21, 05:01 PM
Real life is currently in the way-I have a violin concert tomorrow, and homework-so can I delay until Sunday night?

Recaiden
2012-04-21, 11:40 PM
Would I let Drascin off and not you? Do well at the concert. :smallsmile:

Recaiden
2012-04-24, 10:25 AM
Tick 0:
Tick 1:
Tick 2:
Tick 3:
Tick 4:
Tick 7: Large Dice Pool Character, 3 Guards
Tick 9: Raziel, Jana
Tick 10: Abyssal
Tick 11:

Recaiden
2012-04-24, 11:10 PM
First attack (Unexpected) hits, dealing 11 Dice of Damage, which is socked down to a minimum [roll0] and forcing me to look up the poison rules. :smalltongue:

His first resistance roll: [roll1]

Unless those all fail, he flares his anima to cancel the damage, but he still takes the poison.
Nevermind, Twilight types no longer get to use the anima specifically designed to help them cast in combat that created a specific exception in the Shape X rules. :smallsigh:
He takes the damage and uses this as his concentration roll, subtracting from the right end: [roll2]. If the spell explodes, it'll be mentioned IC.

The second attack is parried, being no longer Unexpected.

Drake, you're up.

EDIT: Wow, that was an unluckily ineffective attack. (On the plus side, I'm not sure how they're going to hit you).

Tavar
2012-04-25, 12:15 AM
Remember, minimum damage is now 1, not essence.

But, man. No stunt dice/rewards?

Also, is that roll accounting for the internal penalty from the poison? And what about the poisons damage?

Guess I need to start investing in some Damage upgrades.

Drascin
2012-04-25, 06:57 AM
I think I'm going to reflexively speak a bit in the previous tick before attacking in mine, Recaiden, if you don't mind. Taking full advantage that speaking is a free action :smalltongue: and I'm starting to get a certain feeling about this.

Drascin
2012-04-25, 07:17 AM
In any case, to speed things up, here go my two attacks in case they're needed. I'd edit, but GitP goes crazy if you try to edit rolls into posts. Same speed and damage as before.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Recaiden
2012-04-25, 09:38 AM
Remember, minimum damage is now 1, not essence.

But, man. No stunt dice/rewards?

Also, is that roll accounting for the internal penalty from the poison? And what about the poisons damage?

Guess I need to start investing in some Damage upgrades.

I meant to give you a 1 die stunt for each attack, but I seem to have lost them in editing. However, with the minimum damage reduction your attack would not have been any more effective.
But you do get the motes.
I apologize.

The roll does not count the internal penalty from the poison, so I ignored the two successes on the right.

The poison did not inflict any damage because he made his Stamina+Resistance roll for this interval, although the penalty is still applied and it's still with him for four more actions.

I think I'm going to reflexively speak a bit in the previous tick before attacking in mine, Recaiden, if you don't mind. Taking full advantage that speaking is a free action :smalltongue: and I'm starting to get a certain feeling about this.

Not minded at all.
But allow me to give you some (http://overstockpromocode1.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/brass-instruments-of-overstock.jpg) pictures (http://tmo2000c.ipower.com/instruments/photos/tuba.jpg) of brass (http://membres.lycos.fr/musicoflaetare/hpbimg/tuba(bis).JPG) intruments that I hope will illustrate what I meant.

And your second attack hits, with 1 threshold and one stunt die:
[roll0]
Damage after soak: [roll1]
Possible stunt damage: [roll2]

Tick 2:
Tick 3:
Tick 9: Jana, Raziel
Tick 10: Abyssal, Wing
Tick 11: Drake
Tick 12: Guards, Large Dice Pool Character

Tavar
2012-04-25, 09:44 AM
The poison did not inflict any damage because he made his Stamina+Resistance roll for this interval, although the penalty is still applied and it's still with him for four more actions.

Poison should only be reduced by one level, though: he got 2 successes, which is enough to reduce it to bashing. He'd need to get 4 to eliminate it. Granted, the odds for the damage dice aren't great, but still there.

Recaiden
2012-04-25, 10:12 AM
Poison should only be reduced by one level, though: he got 2 successes, which is enough to reduce it to bashing. He'd need to get 4 to eliminate it. Granted, the odds for the damage dice aren't great, but still there.

Yet another review of the poison rules let me finally notice that phrase. He takes one die of bashing from the poison, which still won't break the spell because getting the first level of success on the resistance roll lowers the penalty for that interval, but would finally do some damage.
[roll0]

As a note to myself:
1 level reduced per [Toxicity] successes on the Resistance roll.

Tavar
2012-04-25, 10:14 AM
God dammit. Why do these dice hate me so much.

Drascin
2012-04-25, 02:58 PM
Wow. Those are pretty damn good rolls on the minions. Thank you Defense of Shining Joy. Had I actually taken the DV penalties to attack, I would probably be unconscious now.

So it seems the dice roller hates Onyx and loves the baddies. Yeah, this might get a bit uphill.

And about the brass instruments: ah. I had thought you meant trombones and trumpets and such. And well, given trombones and trumpets are generally associated with royalty and made of brass, you can probably imagine what my first suspicion was, here :smalltongue:.

Recaiden
2012-04-25, 07:12 PM
Wow. Those are pretty damn good rolls on the minions. Thank you Defense of Shining Joy. Had I actually taken the DV penalties to attack, I would probably be unconscious now.

3 Melee, 3 Dex, +1 accuracy weapons. :smalltongue: Do remember that as an extra, the first guy only got 3 successes.

So it seems the dice roller hates Onyx and loves the baddies. Yeah, this might get a bit uphill.
It seems to like you just fine. :smallwink:

And about the brass instruments: ah. I had thought you meant trombones and trumpets and such. And well, given trombones and trumpets are generally associated with royalty and made of brass, you can probably imagine what my first suspicion was, here :smalltongue:.

I can understand why you suspected MALFEAS there instead of what I meant to suggest.

Drascin
2012-04-26, 02:45 AM
3 Melee, 3 Dex, +1 accuracy weapons. :smalltongue: Do remember that as an extra, the first guy only got 3 successes.

I had indeed forgotten about that. So I had thought it was 6 successes, which is mighty impressive on a 7-die pool.

It seems to like you just fine. :smallwink:

Well, actually, I'm rolling just under average most of the time. So it doesn't exactly like me, but also doesn't hate me with the fury of a thousand green suns as it seems to do Tavar.

Leliel
2012-04-29, 06:06 PM
Back again, back again, jiggity jig.

All attacks are targeted at the Abyssal, all are lethal.

First Tendril: [roll0]

Second: [roll1]

Third: [roll2]

Also-noticed I didn't mark Essence expenditures.

Doing so now, from Personal as it's implied my anima isn't flaring.

Recaiden
2012-04-29, 07:18 PM
The forums have been rough on posting lately, haven't they? I'm going to take your first rolls as correct: 6, 5, and 3 successes.

Since the attacks were described all together like they were, 2 dice on the first one, and one each on the other two.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Leliel
2012-04-30, 02:42 PM
No, they haven't.

Trying to delete the triple post now.

Recaiden
2012-04-30, 04:11 PM
No, they haven't.

Trying to delete the triple post now.

Well, I figured that it was probably just me, but then you generated a triple post through what I presumed was a similar error-process. Nevermind.

Recaiden
2012-04-30, 07:59 PM
Back again, back again, jiggity jig.

All attacks are targeted at the Abyssal, all are lethal.

Also-noticed I didn't mark Essence expenditures.

Doing so now, from Personal as it's implied my anima isn't flaring.

You hit for what appeared at first to be significant damage, but his soak is enough to exactly neutralize your weapon damage, so you do:
[roll0]
[roll1]
You have the option to hit Jana instead, but since you could have attacked her directly, I think you'll want the damage applied to the target.

The third attack is parried.

If he needs to concentrate (remembering the penalty from the poison this time)...
[roll2]

EDIT: The dice really do hate you guys. :smallsigh:

Recaiden
2012-04-30, 11:13 PM
Success! With the penalty from attacking through the bone whirl and his penalty from the poison, 6 leftover successes on each attack, brings damage up to 14 against a lethal soak of 12:
[roll0]
[roll1]

2 dice to the first, one to the second:
[roll2],
[roll3]

With any additional damage taken from the left:
[roll4]
[roll5]

Damage to Wing from entering the bone whirl: [roll6]

Each prisoner now exposed to the bone whirl takes one of their three health levels. Because as I've just remembered, you don't roll damage against extras, they aren't worth the time. Raw damage/3 Levels, straight to the health with no possibility of failure. :smallbiggrin:

EDIT: And the dice resume their normal hatred of you all.

Tick 2:
Tick 3:
Tick 9: Jana, Raziel
Tick 10: Abyssal, Wing
Tick 11: Drake
Tick 12: Guards, Large Dice Pool Character
Tick 13:
Tick 14: Jana, Raziel
Tick 15: Abyssal, Wing

Tavar
2012-04-30, 11:19 PM
Dammit to hell. Remind me why our primary combatant left?

And is that damage including my soak? And the damage is Lethal?

Recaiden
2012-04-30, 11:29 PM
Dammit to hell. Remind me why our primary combatant left?

And is that damage including my soak? And the damage is Lethal?

I reread the errata on automatic damage levels, and no, it's not. Lethal damage, reduced to its one-die minimum for 0 damage. :smallsmile:

Further, here is his roll to make the knockdown (which you easily cleared the threshold for) a merely dramatic effect, including the poison, with one WP spent for success: [roll0]

Drascin
2012-05-01, 07:03 AM
The problem is that he has pretty good soak. We keep hitting, but we just don't have the sheer damage necessary to hurt him. Maybe if I can bust a lot of threshold successes... hey, Recaiden, you remember how I said I wasn't sure whether to get a Fateful Excellency or another Throne Shadow charm for my last bit of XP? Would you mind a lot if I said it was the Fateful in the end? I think that my smashfists are our best chance to start at least giving him some wounds - penalties which then will apply to Resistance rolls, letting the poison actually work, perhaps. But I'm not really going to hit through Jana at all without an excellency.

Talking about damage, I just noticed that I have forgotten to include my 1 Strength in all the damage rolls - fist damage is actually 9, not 8. So 9 base damage against a soak of 12... if I get a decent amount of threshold successes it can actually hurt.

Tavar
2012-05-01, 07:58 AM
There's also the fact that the few dice of damage we are getting seem to really like the low numbers.

At this point, I think I might end up Clinching him and going from there. Which is going to murder my DV, as well as open me up to some really nasty stuff.

If I make a habit of this, I really need to look into getting a style with some good clinch enhancers.

Recaiden
2012-05-01, 08:29 AM
The problem is that he has pretty good soak. We keep hitting, but we just don't have the sheer damage necessary to hurt him. Maybe if I can bust a lot of threshold successes... hey, Recaiden, you remember how I said I wasn't sure whether to get a Fateful Excellency or another Throne Shadow charm for my last bit of XP? Would you mind a lot if I said it was the Fateful in the end? I think that my smashfists are our best chance to start at least giving him some wounds - penalties which then will apply to Resistance rolls, letting the poison actually work, perhaps. But I'm not really going to hit through Jana at all without an excellency.

Talking about damage, I just noticed that I have forgotten to include my 1 Strength in all the damage rolls - fist damage is actually 9, not 8. So 9 base damage against a soak of 12... if I get a decent amount of threshold successes it can actually hurt.

I would not mind, especially as that seems like a Sidereal thing to have happen. Fateful Excellency it is.

Of course you realize his bashing soak is slightly higher. :smallsigh:

Note to self - Artifact 2 Armour, very effective.

Drascin
2012-05-01, 09:02 AM
I would not mind, especially as that seems like a Sidereal thing to have happen. Fateful Excellency it is.

Of course you realize his bashing soak is slightly higher. :smallsigh:

Note to self - Artifact 2 Armour, very effective.

Okay then. Added to the sheet, and thanks. Let's do some burst :smallamused:.

And don't worry, the only two combat Charms I actually got this downtime are especifically to help with this kind of thing :smalltongue:. Well, in truth, Horrific Wreath I mostly picked up so as to later be able to have everyone gain damage, because with the Throne Shadow apstone it's basically a party-wide damage boost, and in case I ever was caught without a weapon, because I think it doesn't stack with an actual starmetal weapon. I didn't expect to ever use the lethal/agg option much, since it is really hard to make Drake willing to use lethal damage. But hey, turns out these people are really good at pushing buttons, and we could do with some Agg damage here.

And it's less that it's awesomely effective and more that we are the kind of group which would eat a dodging-type enemy for breakfast but sucks against tanks. Tactical rock-paper-scissors is a bitch.

Tavar
2012-05-01, 09:35 AM
Yeah, this means I'm probably going to get the next two charms of snake style, too. All attacks are piercing, and if I activate the next charm I simply ignore the soak from armor for one attack.

Well, that, and probably a Strength Excellency and Impression of Strenght.

Dammit, if I had known we'd be this hurting for combatants, I'd have made a normal smashy Lunar. Probably picked a more offensive style, at that. My character's design is so insane at this point.

Drascin
2012-05-01, 10:08 AM
And there goes the burst. I can only do this kind of superfocus maybe twice a combat tops and that's spending everything I have, so I really hope this works.

I'm honestly thinking unless the damage dice hate us it really should, though. His DV must seriously be basically nothing against these attacks, with the bunch of penalties he's carrying from Wing's badtouches before.

Recaiden
2012-05-04, 03:41 PM
One die of lethal damage to Drake for entering the spell: [roll0]

3 Dot stunt on the first: [roll1]
2 Dot on the second: [roll2]

His DV is in fact nothing against these attacks, and with piercing you'll be rolling a total of 19 dice of Aggravated (plus stunts), even with Jana defending.

Let's see what they come up:

[roll3]
Possible stunt damage from the left...[roll4]

That was a brilliant attack, so I feel kind of bad for saying it, but...

Perfect Defence. :smallcool: [/ben]

Sorry for taking so long on such a straightfoward reply, but I've been moving to a new apartment these past few days.

Leliel
2012-05-04, 06:22 PM

Perfect Defence. :smallcool: [/ben]]

Oh well.

At least PDs are an Option of Last Resort now.

It's the "Uhhhh....RUN!" Charmset now.

I'd say we discuss terms. I really want to move on from combat as quickly as possible and get to the plot. What say the Circle?

Tavar
2012-05-04, 07:31 PM
Assuming he's moving away from the prisoners/canceling his spell, I have no problem with the terms.

Drascin
2012-05-05, 02:59 AM

Perfect Defence. :smallcool: [/ben]

Dammit. Since he did not use any defensive charm up to now, I was kind of hoping he might not have had a perfect.

On the other hand, he did just spend 16 motes.

As for letting them go... I'm not sure, guys. Keep in mind, we basically found them by miracle through a Charm that no longer works in the way that allowed us to find them. If they are lying and just set up shop in another cave a week from now we are not going to be able to find them until they've already finished whatever it is they were doing here. Letting people we know are willing to use living people as spell components when pressed to a wall go does not seem a great idea.

And they say they intend to go back. To whoever's holding their leash, most likely. There's no particular reason they aren't going to be sent back here under the exact same threat, or that they won't come back on their own rather than admit failure. Having seen us, and most of what we can do, and in such a way that a little investigation can almost certainly give them our Exalt types and castes.

And yet, even though it would undoubtedly be the smartest thing by a mile, it seems... wrong to just kill these two after they surrendered, and I have trouble bringing myself to suggest it.

Stupid Compassion :smallsigh:

Tavar
2012-05-05, 12:24 PM
Except they aren't surrendering. They're offering a cease fire, which is entirely different.

And it's a complicated matter. After all, if we kill them, the enemy just gets his resources back. And it might not be too easy to kill them. Though, remember, he's 16 motes+however many from that spell he case. So he's probably rocking at about 32 motes spent at least.

Drascin
2012-05-05, 02:40 PM
Except they aren't surrendering. They're offering a cease fire, which is entirely different.

It still feels rather nasty to kill them after they were the ones asking for mercy. My preferred option would be to imprison them, but we don't really have access to any realistic way to restrain them.

And it's a complicated matter. After all, if we kill them, the enemy just gets his resources back.

They get the Exaltations back, yes, but they need to find new wielders, retrain them, reequip them, and so on. Letting them go is giving them all their resources back, including time and effort, instead of just the biggest of them.

Killing an Abyssal is not an insurmountable problem for his deathlord, but it is definitely a problem.

And it might not be too easy to kill them. Though, remember, he's 16 motes+however many from that spell he case. So he's probably rocking at about 32 motes spent at least.

Yep. I don't think we actually managed to make Jana spend any motes at all, though. She seems to be the most dangerous of the pair by far.

Recaiden
2012-05-05, 02:50 PM

Though you could demand a surrender and see how they react to that, giben the quite reasonable objections to letting them go.

Killing an Abyssal is not an insurmountable problem for his deathlord, but it is definitely a problem.

And you at least know from Jana's essence profile through Tell-tale symphony that she is not an Abyssal. So reacquiring her next incarnation(assuming she is Exalted) would be far more difficult for the Deathlord.

Yep. I don't think we actually managed to make Jana spend any motes at all, though. She seems to be the most dangerous of the pair by far.

She has actually spent one mote, which you heard, and is not immediately apparent as an essence-user to even your senses (Meaning an Essence score of 3 or less), but she does have by far more combat charms and skills than he. :smallwink:

Drascin
2012-05-05, 04:07 PM
Though you could demand a surrender and see how they react to that, giben the quite reasonable objections to letting them go.

The question is, if they surrender, what do we do with them? It's hard to keep two Exalts trapped. And of course there's still the matter of Laurel.

Anyone have any ideas?

And you at least know from Jana's essence profile through Tell-tale symphony that she is not an Abyssal. So reacquiring her next incarnation(assuming she is Exalted) would be far more difficult for the Deathlord.

Any chance I can try an Occult roll to identify what kind of Exalt she might be?

She has actually spent one mote, which you heard, and is not immediately apparent as an essence-user to even your senses (Meaning an Essence score of 3 or less), but she does have by far more combat charms and skills than he. :smallwink:

Yeah, that was about my guess. She looks actually combat-specced. I'm kind of surprised she didn't perfect parry my attack on the Abyssal.

Recaiden
2012-05-05, 05:14 PM
Any chance I can try an Occult roll to identify what kind of Exalt she might be?

Intelligence + Occult, difficulty 2, as an action, as per AESS.

Drascin
2012-05-06, 04:27 AM
Well, let's try it while we spend a minute or two talking, then. C'mon dice don't screw me now.

[roll0]

Recaiden
2012-05-06, 08:06 AM
It is unmistakably Solar power, bright, shining, perfect. The melody of the essence is soft, not blazing and demanding attention; it could have been overlooked by a less trained ear.

But there is something wrong about it. Drake hasn't encountered lots of Solars that I know of, but this just doesn't sound like an Exalt. The Exaltation is, in her, small, basic, and sharply limited. It seems mainly to be an essence adapter for drawing power from another source, not a limitless font of perfection and strength.

Leliel
2012-05-09, 09:04 PM
Since the metatext has been revealed IC...I think...

...She's an Akuma, isn't she?:smalleek:

Recaiden
2012-05-09, 09:26 PM
Since the metatext has been revealed IC...I think...

...She's an Akuma, isn't she?:smalleek:

I have to say that she is not. There have been no Akuma present whatsoever in this game, nor had I planned any. Until now.

Further, I was expecting Tavar to post before I next did. Not sure if you had the same expectation.

On a completely different topic, how would you folk feel about a new player joining? An offline friend of mine, from my gaming group but new to Exalted, has expressed some interest in playing, and we are down a pair of players. Of course we'd have to work out some way of working them into the story, so I don't know how well it would go, but what are your opinions?

Tavar
2012-05-09, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I got more of a Power-Awarding-Prana type vibe, or maybe a half-caste.

As for the posting, sorry, didn't realize that. I was waiting on your response to Drake. I'll make a post now.

As for a friend, that would be good. We could use some new blood, especially since several of our power-playeres just left. I was thinking of suggesting you re-recruiting, actually.

Also, are their any particular requirements to creating a new Martial Arts Style?

Drascin
2012-05-10, 03:52 PM
No problem on adding a new guy from me.

And yeah, personally my first guess was something in the vein of Power-Awarding Prana.

Recaiden
2012-05-10, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I got more of a Power-Awarding-Prana type vibe, or maybe a half-caste.

And yeah, personally my first guess was something in the vein of Power-Awarding Prana.

Power-Awarding Prana is in fact the correct way to be thinking.

Also, are their any particular requirements to creating a new Martial Arts Style?

Not that I know of. Just run the charms by me before you start to learn them. :smallsmile:
As for the new player, I'll get in touch with him then and work out an entry to the campaign.

I could possibly put up a thread looking for another player or two, but I'm not sure about that at this point.

Drascin
2012-05-11, 04:43 AM
An important question - everyone is talking extremely sensitive matters... are all the prisoners unconscious? Because, you know. The whole "the Lion is camping on the other side of here" is kind of likely to cause a panic and riots and such if it gets out to the public.

Recaiden
2012-05-11, 02:18 PM
An important question - everyone is talking extremely sensitive matters... are all the prisoners unconscious? Because, you know. The whole "the Lion is camping on the other side of here" is kind of likely to cause a panic and riots and such if it gets out to the public.

Some, but definitely not all. All the ones hit by the spell were awoken, and several more responded to the sounds of fighting.

Tavar
2012-05-11, 02:34 PM
Well, this can't end poorly.....

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-14, 05:09 PM
Hello as you likely can guess I am the RL friend Recaiden mentioned. *gestures to nameplate* You may call me Scarlet Dragon, Scarlet for short nice to meet you all.

As he has already pointed out this is going to be my first time playing Exalted so with that in mind I appreciate any and all criticisms towards my future game play and/or character. I plan on bringing a Full Moon Caste Lunar whose Spirit Form is a Black Panther (jaguar based as I recently found out Black Panther can refer to Lions, Leopards, Tigers or Jaguars as long as they are melanistic interesting tidbit that). On a relative note I noticed about a page or so ago Tavar lamented that your combat oriented character had left, personally I was already planning on a combatant type character. So any suggestions for character creation?

Recaiden
2012-05-14, 05:41 PM
More punctuation perhaps. :smalltongue:

Congratulations on finding the Thread so readily.

As for house-rules of character creation, you get a free purchase of Ox-Body Technique for each point of Essence that you have, you'll have 130 xp, possibly more depending on what they end up getting after this scene.

I will add in the others as soon as I find them.

As he has said, this is the new player I have found, and who is also a new player in general. The name, incidentally, has nothing at all to do with Exalted.

Tavar
2012-05-14, 05:50 PM
Okay, I can give some advice. First off, the rules say you get 3 knacks, but that's a lie. You actually get 2 knacks and Deadly Beastman Transformation, because that knack is very, very good.

I'd suggest downloading Anathema (http://anathema.github.com/), as it's help with creating a character is really useful. Also, make sure you download the errata, as their are changes to both the lunars in particular, as well as the game as a whole. Links can be found on the White Wolf Forums in the Exalted section.

As for the character itself...do you have a weapon you want to work with? Or any particular Style? Do you want to Dodge or block more than Soak? All of these will influence what charms will be best for you.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-14, 06:02 PM
I was planning on natural weapons mainly... so claws and bite... have you seen what kind of damage a jaguars bite can do, just think if it were exalted...

Also worth noting I was hoping to be a combat oriented shifter so I was planning on starting with a decent background in Heart's Blood

Anathema has been downloaded as of... now.

As for defenses I was planning on mainly dodge and block than rather than Soak though I probably should have a decent Soak

I saw the DBT and I just knew that was a must. I take it these are the rules I should use for Chargen
http://fixalted.bazzalisk.org/index.php?title=Domino%27s_Original_Chargen_Rules

Recaiden
2012-05-14, 06:13 PM
I was planning on natural weapons mainly... so claws and bite... have you seen what kind of damage a jaguars bite can do just think if it were exalted...

Also worth noting I was hoping to be a combat oriented shifter so I was planning on starting with a decent background in Heart's Blood

As for defenses I was planning on mainly dodge and block than rather than Soak though considering

I saw the DBT and I just knew that was a must. I take it these are the rules I should use for Chargen
http://fixalted.bazzalisk.org/index.php?title=Domino%27s_Original_Chargen_Rules

Usually, Deadly Beastman Transformation is the most combat-effective shape you can take, although there are some shapes that are good for combat out there; they're mostly useful mechanically for getting some particular ability, not for combat power. The rules don't necessarily correspond to reality, you know? But there are charm(s) for Lunar Claw/natural weapon fighting.

And as those changes are identical to these (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Peter_Schaefer_on_Lunar_Character_ Generation), they just so happen to be correct.

Tavar
2012-05-14, 07:01 PM
Lunars can't really shapeshift in combat. In the rules, there's this thing called form-lock. Once you flare your anima banner(IE, use anything beyond the barest minimum of charms), you are locked into one of your true forms. DBT counts as one of these, as does your Spirit Shape and your human shape. But DBT gives stat bonuses, and your spirit shape is a mundane animal, so DBT is always better.

As for natural weapon fighting, you'll want the charm called Claws of the Silver Moon. Enhances your weapons so they're on roughly the same level as artifacts.

Regarding the defenses, you'll still want some soak, because layering your defesnses is pretty important in the current game. I'd also suggest looking into Bruise Relief Method/Halting the Scarlet Flow, to help recover damage.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-14, 07:10 PM
I see so my earlier idea of shapeshifting into a hawk initiating a dive at the target and then shapeshifting into my heaviest of forms would likely not be a valid tactic...

I think I remember seeing the Claws of the Silver Moon in the Scroll of Errata and I really liked what I read.

Question, Artifact/Artifact Tattoo's specifically the Tattoo's, are they worth it?

Oh and how do I get Anathema to recognize the rule variant for the points via stats or do I just manually rework it to conform later.

Tavar
2012-05-14, 07:20 PM
I see so my earlier idea of shapeshifting into a hawk initiating a dive at the target and then shapeshifting into my heaviest of forms would likely not be a valid tactic...
Not really, no.

Question, Artifact/Artifact Tattoo's specifically the Tattoo's, are they worth it?
Artifacts can definitely be useful. The Tattoo's are a trickier subject, but they might be as well.

Oh and how do I get Anathema to recognize the rule variant for the points via stats or do I just manually rework it to conform later.
The Latter.

Oh, and you want this charm. (http://wiki.white-wolf.com/exalted/index.php?title=Charms:Limb-Shielding_Growth)

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-14, 07:34 PM
Another question where do I find attribute stats on creatures?

Tavar
2012-05-14, 08:27 PM
Another question where do I find attribute stats on creatures?

All over the place. Some are in Core, starting on page 346. If you want the stats for a black panther, you want the Great Cat stats on page 347.

Leliel
2012-05-14, 09:17 PM
Nice to meet ya.

Drascin
2012-05-15, 12:09 PM
Pleasure to meet you :smallsmile:.

As for the current IC trouble... there isn't any demesne nearby, right? Because without the energy of a manse/demesne or a shaped body, Unshaped go poof very fast in Creation, it's fairly well known among those acquainted with Raksha (which probably includes Wing, being a Lunar and everything). So what we need is a way to hold it for a couple minutes until it dies without dying ourselves. Easier said than done, I know, but still, beats the other prospect.

Still, can I roll Lore to see if Drake knows that himself? Because I might have an idea for how to slow it down a little, but Drake isn't going to think of it unless he knows that.

Also, was this an abandoned area of the mine, or are there miners nearby? Because either way I wouldn't give a dime for this area's structural integrity by the time this is over :smalltongue:.

Tavar
2012-05-15, 12:56 PM
Pleasure to meet you :smallsmile:.

As for the current IC trouble... there isn't any demesne nearby, right? Because without the energy of a manse/demesne or a shaped body, Unshaped go poof very fast in Creation, it's fairly well known among those acquainted with Raksha (which probably includes Wing, being a Lunar and everything). So what we need is a way to hold it for a couple minutes until it dies without dying ourselves. Easier said than done, I know, but still, beats the other prospect.

Is it an unshaped? I thought it was some kind of wyld moster, maybe a shaped fair folk.

Drascin
2012-05-15, 01:09 PM
Is it an unshaped? I thought it was some kind of wyld moster, maybe a shaped fair folk.

But they said...

*rereads*

...ah, I seem to have imagined an extra sentence on Jana's description somehow. I blame exam exhaustion. Sorry there.

Tavar
2012-05-15, 01:11 PM
But they said...

*rereads*

...ah, I seem to have imagined an extra sentence on Jana's description somehow. I blame exam exhaustion. Sorry there.

No problem. I forgot that others were present at one point.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-15, 10:32 PM
Can I post?

Edit: I can, alright is there a size limit to posts?
Because I tried posting my newly finished character for critique and it won't let me send it via message or post it here.

Tavar
2012-05-15, 10:51 PM
Can I post?

Edit: I can, alright is there a size limit to posts?
Because I tried posting my newly finished character for critique and it won't let me send it via message or post it here.

There is a size limit, but you shouldn't be hitting it. You're doing it in text format, like the ones on the front page, right?

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-15, 10:55 PM
I basically used the exact same format you used for Onyx Wing

Tavar
2012-05-15, 10:56 PM
I basically used the exact same format you used for Onyx Wing

Okay, what kind of error did you see? Might have just been the forum being a bit busy. But there are a couple things that could set it off.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-15, 10:58 PM
The error I'm getting is
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forums/newreply.php on this server.
Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at www.giantitp.com Port 80

with the newreply bit changing to edit, private, etc depending on how I try to post it.

Recaiden
2012-05-15, 11:11 PM
Oh! I've seen this before. You're not allowed to type the word "lynx" on this forum. Take it out of your post and it will work.

I'm using formatting tricks to get it in.

Tavar
2012-05-15, 11:12 PM
Thought that might have been the problem.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-15, 11:24 PM
Wow really?

Name: Shadow Dancer
Caste: Full Moon Lunar
Anima:A Black Panther in the midst of a mighty roar
Spirit Shape: Black Panther
Tell: Silver cat ears and tail
Motivation: To protect the Silent Crescent from danger.
Backstory
Born to one of the tribes that keep the Silent Crescent as home under the name of Szren, Shadow Dancer grew up learning the ways of the warrior. During his 17th season a Raksha raiding party nearly decimated his tribe. Thinking only of protecting his little brother from harm he scooped up Kylen and ran deeper into the woods. Sounds of pursuit quickly increased and he knew they would quickly overtake him due to a few hits he had taken during the initial attack. Thinking quickly he selected a sizable hollow in a nearby tree and helped his brother climb inside, telling him that he should be extremely quiet he grabbed some foliage to cover up the hole. Turning around he ran back the way he came and quickly climbed a tree. Moments after he had made it into the tree several Raksha burst into the clearing, as soon as the lead Raksha had drawn near enoug, Szren leaped out of the tree on top of him with his knife digging greedily into the Raksha's neck. Having no time to reclaim his knife Szren took off again into the woods in a direction that led away from his brother Kylen. His ploy working the remaining three Raksha gave chase not even contemplating that his true intention was to act as a decoy. After several minutes of leading them away from his brother Szren knew he could run no longer, the constant bleeding began to take its toll so he turned and prepared to make his final stand, with a bestial roar of primal fury he charged the Raksha. Against all expectations he was able to surprise another Raksha with his fury and snap his neck before he could offer any defense. However his other two opponents were not caught by surprise and quickly brought their weapons to bear and scored several hits on Szren. Bleeding and confused Szren fought on feeling the warm blood slide off his hands. Suddenly it was over, the Raksha's lay dead at his feet and he was still alive. Hurting he hobbled back to where he had left his brother and collapsed in exhaustion. It was only later that he realized he had been walking on four paws. Thus he took his Second Breath and became Exalted. Shortly afterwards the Silver Pact found him and his brother and indoctrinated him into their order providing him a teacher who helped him become comfortable with his new abilities and someone willing to provide for his younger brother.

After two years of being Exalted Shadow Dancer decides to fight the Raksha on their own turf and begins to make forays into the mountains to fight them. Several weeks ago was the start of one of these foray's into the mountains from the Silent Crescent. During this particular foray Shadow Dancer decides to go even farther afield than normal and caught up in the thrill of the chase he doesn't turn back. Eventually he makes it to the other side of the mountain ranges and spying a city in the distance and dunes of sand all around he realizes just how far he has come from the the Silent Crescent. However the weeks of continual fighting and light sleep has begun to take it's toll on Shadow Dancer and he realizes he needs a good rest before he attempts the journey back to his demesne. So he decides to pay the city, whose name he now recalls as Gem, a visit. And so he begins a leisurely pace towards the city in the distance... there's no rush to hurry back to the Silent Crescent anyways, he might as well enjoy a brief stay in Gem.

Personality
Shadow Dancer is very prideful and doesn't take too kindly to insults, he isn't hot tempered but he just might challenge you to a duel if you wound his pride. He has a soft spot for children especially his little brother Kynel and will stop and play games with them if given the chance.
Appearance
19 years old moderately tall standing at 5'11", jet black hair, forest green eyes, strongly muscled but not bulky, moves with the unnatural grace of a predator.

Attributes
{table=head]Physical|Mental|Social
Strength ●●●●|Perception ●●●●|Charisma ●●●
Dexterity ●●●●●|Intelligence ●●|Manipulation ●●
Stamina ●●●●|Wits ●●●●|Appearance ●●●[/table]

Abilities
{table=head]Favored|Combat|Social|Mental|Sneaky|Practical
Survival ●●●●|Archery|Integrity●●●|Craft|Athletics●●●●●|Lin guistics●●●
Martial Arts●●●●●(Unarmed+●●●)|...|Performance●|Investigat ion|Awareness●●●●|Ride
...|Melee|Presence|Lore●|Dodge●●●●|Sail
...|Thrown|Resistance●●●|Medicine|Larceny●|Sociali ze●
...|War|...|Occult|Stealth●●●●(Ambushes+●)|Bureauc racy[/table]

Languages:
Tribal-Tongue(Silent Crescent)
Seatongue
Clawspeak
Flametongue-currently being worked on

Backgrounds
Resource-x- Shadow Dancer has few material goods for food he prefers to hunt though he will steal if necessary
Artifact-●●
Reputation-●
Mentor-●
Heart's Blood-●●●

Name Str/D/Sta/A
(couldn't find actual values for Appearance so I guessed not like it really matters I don't plan on wooing people in animal form)
Tyrant Lizard 14 3 12 2
Mospid 2 3 2 2
Horse 4 3 3 2
Coral Snake 1 3 1 1
Giant Spider 4 3 2 1
Dog (War) 3 3 3 3
Claw Strider 7 4 7 2
Bear 7 2 6 1
Bobcat/alternate name 1 4 3 1
Barracuda 3 3 3 1
Oryx 2 3 3 1
Ferret 1 3 2 2
Strix 8 3 8 2
Sand Swimmer 6 4 5 1
River Dragon 14 3 12 1
Simhata 7 3 5 1
Raiton 2 3 2 1
Camel 3 2 4 1
House Cat 2 3 2 3
Falcon 2 3 2 2

Artifacts and Equipment
Iron Knuckles
Moonsilver Hearthstone Amulet
Moonsilver Chain Armor (Artifact)
Soak (B/L/A) +3/+5/+5

Knacks
Towering Beast Form
Internal Form Mastery
Hybrid Body Rearrangement (I can have that battle shifter after all :D)
Deadly Beastman Transformation

Mutations
Thick Skin (+2L/2B soak)
Fangs (Bite Lethal)
Enhanced Sense smell (+2 Awareness for Smell)
Wolf's Pace (+2 Dexterity Movement in combat, +2 Strength Jumping Distance)
Talons (Punches are lethal +2L Damage)

Charms

Generic Charms
First (Dexterity) Excellency
First (Strength) Excellency
Second (Stamina) Excellency
Damage Enhancement Charms
Claws of the Silver Moon
Healing Charms
Bruise-Relief Method
Halting the Scarlet Tide
Endurance Charms
3x Ox-Body Technique (4x -1, 4x -2)
Armor-Forming Technique
Limb Shielding Growth
Fury Charms
Relentless Lunar Fury
Tiger Style (using a rewrite contained in spoiler)
Celestial Tiger Hide
Raging Tiger Pounce
Stalking Cat Movement Meditation
Leap from Cloaking Shadows Attack
Tiger Form
Striking Fury Claws Attack
Crimson Leaping Cat Technique
Spine-Shattering Bite

Weapons and Armor: Tiger Style treats attacks with tiger claws and razor claws as unarmed. This style is compatible with light and medium armor.

Crimson Leaping Cat Technique
Cost: 3m; Mins: Martial Arts 2, Essence 1; Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: Three actions
Prerequisite Charms: None

With its twisting, sinuous grace, the tiger seems like to fly into the sky, but it belies such miracles to instead twist the head off of its prey with a terrible swat. While this Charm is active the martial artist may Jump with a reflexive Move action. This takes the place of both the characterís Move action on the tick it is used and the character still cannot Jump more than once per action. If the character Jumps to close the distance with a foe and attempts any unarmed Martial Arts attacks against them on the same tick, this Charm also adds (Martial Arts) to the raw damage of any of those attacks if they should hit.

Striking Fury Claws Attack
Cost: 4m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 1; Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Obvious
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Crimson Leaping Cat Technique

The tiger stylist, when provoked, is not one for subtlety. With a terrifying roar and flashing blue-and-gold talons trailing her fingers or weapons, the martial artist leaves bloody furrows in her foes. Using this Charm to enhance an unarmed Martial Arts attack adds the characterís Martial Arts rating to its post-soak damage in Step 8 of resolution.

Tiger Form
Cost: 5m; Mins: Martial Arts 3, Essence 2; Type: Simple (Speed 3)
Keywords: Form-type
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Striking Fury Claws Attack

The martial artist crouches low and spreads his hands wide, ready to move or strike in any direction with savagery and surprising purpose. While this Charm is active the martial artistís unarmed Martial Arts attacks increase their Damage trait by (his Martial Arts) and they deal lethal damage if they would otherwise inflict bashing. The martial artist ignores the -1 external penalty to his non-reflexive physical actions when prone (Exalted, p. 144), and while fighting prone his low profile and swift movements on the ground provides him with +1 DV against othersí attacks.

Raging Tiger Pounce
Cost: ó(+1m); Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2; Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Tiger Form

This Charm permanently enhances Crimson Leaping Cat Technique. By adding one mote to its cost, the martial artist can extend its duration to One scene. If the martial artist has also activated Tiger Form, any attack that gains damage dice from Crimson Leaping Cat Technique automatically knocks its target prone unless they benefit from supernatural balance.

Spine-Shattering Bite
Cost: 4m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2; Type: Supplemental
Keywords: Combo-OK, Crippling, Obvious
Duration: Instant
Prerequisite Charms: Raging Tiger Pounce

Taking his foe in hand or mouth, the martial artist gives a brutal shake, twisting the target about like a ragdoll. An unarmed Martial Arts attack enhanced with this Charm counts 10ís on the damage roll as two successes. As long as the attack inflicts at least one level of damage, the target must roll to overcome being stunned (Exalted, p. 153). The difficulty of this roll is never lower than the martial artistís Essence.

Stalking Cat Movement Meditation
Cost: 4m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: One scene

Gliding swiftly and silently, the tiger stalks its prey from what seems like every angle. While this Charm is active, the martial artist can more easily stay hidden, ignoring any environmental external penalties or difficulty increases on his Stealth rolls to stay undetected. He also ignores any circumstantial penalties to his dice pools or difficulty increases the Storyteller assesses to remain hidden while dashing or jumping.

Leap from Cloaking Shadows Attack
Cost: ó; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Prerequisite Charms: Stalking Cat Movement Meditation

With a powerful leap from hiding the tiger breaks out one of the herd and swiftly kills it, leaving the rest to scatter in terror. He does so with consummate ease. This Charm permanently enhances the martial artistís use of Stalking Cat Movement Meditation. While that Charm is active, when the Tiger stylist makes an unexpected attack from hiding, he may apply Striking Fury Claws Attack and (if he knows it) Spine-Shattering Bite to the unexpected attack at no mote cost. They still count as Charm activations and must be activated separately or in a Combo as normal.

Celestial Tiger Hide
Cost: ó; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: Form-Enhancing (2)

The martial artist must commit another two motes when he activates Tiger Form. While Tiger Form is active, he now gains (Martial Arts + Essence) natural bashing and lethal soak, and (Essence) natural bashing and lethal Hardness.

Angry Predator Frenzy Style
Cost: 5m, 1wp + 2m per counterattack; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3; Type: Extra Action
Keywords: Combo-OK, Counterattack, Obvious
Duration: One action
Prerequisite Charms: Spine-Shattering Bite, Leap from Cloaking Shadows Attack, Celestial Tiger Hide

Teeth, and claws, and fury. These are the hallmarks of the striking tiger, the enraged beast. Done stalking, done hiding, the Tiger stylist unleashes an unforgiving whirlwind of attacks. This Charm is a flurry of up to (Essence + 1) unarmed Martial Arts attacks against one or more valid targets, ignoring Rate restrictions, multiple action penalties and imposing only the highest DV penalty of any one attack in the flurry. In addition, for the rest of the action the martial artist may perform unarmed Martial Arts counterattacks against aggressors by paying two motes per counterattack. The motes spent to perform a counterattack are not committed.

Join Battle 8

Defenses:
Parry DV 8 (no lethal without stunt)
Dodge DV 6

Soak:
7L/7B/5A

Warform:
Soak:
9L/10B/5A
Defenses:
Parry DV 8 (No lethal without stunt)
Dodge DV 7

Hardness:
2L/2B

Health:
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Social Defenses:
Dodge MDV6
Parry

Virtues
Compassion ●●
Conviction ●●
Temperance ●●●
Valor ●●●●

Limit: 0/10
Limit Break:
Curse of the Lone Wolf

Intimacies
+ His brother
+ Children
- Raksha
+ Silver Pact

Willpower: 7/7

Current:

Current Defenses:
Soak:
23L/24B/8A
Defenses:
Parry DV 10 (No lethal without stunt)
Dodge DV 9
Gifts:
Halting the Scarlet FLow (2m), Armor Forming Technique (3m granting 9L/9B/3A soak), and Limb Shielding Growth (2m)

Health Levels:
-0 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Current Mutations:
Enhanced Senses Smell, Sight and Hearing +2 to awareness rolls for these senses
Large (+1 to Strength and Stamina extra +0 Health level)
Armored Hide (+4B/4L soak, +4 to Survival Rolls)
Another Wolf's Pace which upgrades into Gazelle's Pace (+4 to movement and jump, and speed of a horse in long distance)

Essence:
Permanent: ●●●
Personal: 3/17 (0 Committed)
Peripheral: 33/42 (2 Committed)
Exp. Used: 128/130
1 Knack 8pts
7 Charms (Martial Arts) 10 *7 = 70pts
Dodge 3-4 6pts
Athletics 3-5 14pts
Awareness 3-4 6pts
Dodge 3-4 6pts
Resistance 2-3 4pts
Linguistics 1-2 2pts
Temperance 2-3 6pts

Bonus Points 18/18
Essence 2-3
Martial Arts 3-5
Survival 3-4
Stealth 3-4
Valor 3-4
Willpower 5-7

Tavar
2012-05-15, 11:26 PM
Hah. Another of the Hobos!

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-15, 11:28 PM
Yeah Tribal community didn't think he would have much money. Besides he's a lunar, he'll just hunt for what he needs. Who needs material wealth when you can shapeshift.

Edit: My character sheet has been edited as I didn't realize we got three free excellencies and I had missed three bonus points I didn't know I had. I also edited Shadow Dancer's Backstory to clarify how he saved his brother and how he Exalted hope you like the modifications.

Second Edit: Alright Anathema was having me spend 12exp per Martial Arts charm instead of the 10exp because its favored... Fixed that apparently have 8 exp in the pool which I'll save. Beyond that I noticed a couple minor errors which I fixed... Hopefully I got all of them...

Third Edit: Ok I edited Shadow Dancer's Backstory to explain why he was either in Gem or arriving shortly... depending on how Recaiden decides to introduce my character into the story.

Recaiden
2012-05-20, 12:39 PM
Wing gets a bunch of successes and may act immediately, unless one of you has Join-Battle trump charms, which I don't remember on any of the sheets.

The opponent will probably go right after that: [roll0]

Further, Wing, and anyone else who spends the WP, can see through the illusionary light:

To see a thing still covered in light, but only white-silver swirls reminiscent of Nishkriya masks and Lunar anima; it can be generally perceived. The monster is a jumble of mismatched parts, not surprising of horribly mutated Wyld creatures.
It looks generally like a great cat, and one might recognize the skin and eyes of the abacasteri, the great acid-gold lions of the Southern Wyld, but only loosely; it is clearly no natural thing. Its mane is feathers, its jaw the beak of a raptor, the tuft of its tail manticore spines dripping poison, and has a third pair of limbs ending in all too human hands, one of which is held tight against its body, the other holds some sort of knife.

Anyone who gets here, make a Lore check, with any specialities in the Wyld or the First Age applicable.

Wow really?
Yeah. It's a reserved software word, in some way.

Tavar
2012-05-20, 01:30 PM
Int+Lore[roll0]

Also, Scarlet Dragon, is your character going to follow the idea that the original set was?

Drascin
2012-05-20, 02:01 PM
Three more wp? Drat. I already spent three on that burst! Even with the getting one back from the stunt, I'm starting to hurt in terms of Willpower...

Anyway, let's try the join battle roll again [roll0]

And then, Lore. If First Age knowledge applies, than my dots in Savant probably do, right? And does my specialty in "creature identification" count for, well, identifying this thing? :smalltongue:

Well, just in case, I'll roll the things separate:

Base Int+Lore: [roll1]
Savant dice: [roll2]
Specialty dice: [roll3]

EDIT: That was not a stellar lore roll for sure

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-20, 04:13 PM
How do you mean original set? Do you mean how all of you are from earth and then sucked into Creation? Or is it something else?

Recaiden
2012-05-20, 04:17 PM
Int+Lore[roll0]

Also, Scarlet Dragon, is your character going to follow the idea that the original set was?

He wasn't going to have

Anima has faded one level, just barely.

Three more wp? Drat. I already spent three on that burst! Even with the getting one back from the stunt, I'm starting to hurt in terms of Willpower...

Anyway, let's try the join battle roll again [roll0]

And then, Lore. If First Age knowledge applies, than my dots in Savant probably do, right? And does my specialty in "creature identification" count for, well, identifying this thing? :smalltongue:

Well, just in case, I'll roll the things separate:

Base Int+Lore: [roll1]
Savant dice: [roll2]
Specialty dice: [roll3]

EDIT: That was not a stellar lore roll for sure

4 out of 15's not so bad...:smallsigh: The specialities did count.

However, once you focus your mind and look through the illusion, you do realize that

Most of its odd features aren't properly part of it the way a real mutation is. They look a bit hastily constructed, like this body was shaped in a rush. This seems to be something pretending to be a mutated Wyld horror.
And through Tell-Tale Symphony, it sounds a lot like Wing. And a tiny bit like Raziel.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-20, 10:12 PM
Wow the dice do seem to hate you guys...

Tavar
2012-05-20, 10:31 PM
Eh, the first attack was way above average, the next one was way below. And my Join Battle was pretty good as well. Seems more that certain rolls we have a bunch of problems in.

Also, didn't Raz leave with the civilians?

Recaiden
2012-05-20, 10:40 PM
Also, didn't Raz leave with the civilians?

I gathered that he had led them out of this cave and then stayed, but looking back I can see both being supported by it.

Leliel, which was meant?

Leliel
2012-05-21, 06:13 PM
I gathered that he had led them out of this cave and then stayed, but looking back I can see both being supported by it.

Leliel, which was meant?

Well, I thought that we were going to ferry them out...

But since the team needs me, I'll say he stood behind them. Certainly close enough to the former TITS to see him escape.

That, and I've been looking to post something like the dialogue here.

Tavar
2012-05-21, 07:46 PM
Okay, I have to ask, what do those acronyms you used in your post mean?

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-21, 08:34 PM
Well from the context it sounds like a label for the person you are fighting possibly something akin to antagonist or a "boss" since he was referencing games. As to what the letters actually stand for.... beats me.

Recaiden
2012-05-21, 08:38 PM
Okay, I have to ask, what do those acronyms you used in your post mean?

I'm pretty sure it's Thing In The Sphere and Thing That Was In The Sphere.

Tick Order!

Tick 0: Wing, Thing
Tick 1:
Tick 2: Drake
Tick 3:
Tick 4:
Tick 5: Wing, Raziel
Tick 6: Thing
Tick 7:
Tick 8:
Tick 9:
Tick 10:
Tick 11:
Tick 12:

Although if you can talk your way out of this fight, that works too.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-21, 08:44 PM
Ahhh... that sounds likely... I thought he was referencing Crucible when he said
Certainly close enough to the former TITS to see him escape.

Tavar
2012-05-21, 08:58 PM
Oh, makes sense.

Also, if this is another Lunar....wow. That's quite a few, all gathered here.

Recaiden
2012-05-21, 10:10 PM
Oh, makes sense.

Also, if this is another Lunar....wow. That's quite a few, all gathered here.

Over a full percent! That is quite something, especially when you consider that you have nearly the same proportion of Sidereals, 2-3% of the Abyssals, and 6% of the Infernals, all in one area.

Tavar
2012-05-21, 10:20 PM
More than a full percent: with Scarlet Dragon it'll be 4. The Title of this game just keeps getting more and more ironic.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-21, 10:43 PM
Hey Shadow Dancer isn't there yet... he comes after this sequence with TITS... you still only have 3 but yes... 4 are accounted for

Leliel
2012-05-22, 12:29 AM
Ahhh... that sounds likely... I thought he was referencing Crucible when he said

Yep.

Just a bit of the kind of humor I get up to when calm.

Since cowardice is literally no longer a part of Raziel's nature, he is always calm now.

Except when he feels insulted. This hasn't come up all that much, but I do tend to take things personally.

Rhyvurg
2012-05-22, 02:11 AM
You're not down to a pair, I've been waiting for this fight to be over so my timeskip trip to the Isle can finally end.

Tavar
2012-05-22, 09:00 AM
You're not down to a pair, I've been waiting for this fight to be over so my timeskip trip to the Isle can finally end.

Technically we are: we lost an Infernal and another Lunar.

Drascin
2012-05-23, 09:46 AM
Sorry for being slow lately. End of semester means seven million essays. These days I'm nearly as overworked as Drake is but withhout charms to help me :smalltongue:.

So, what do you guys think, do we try to reason with this dude, go in punching, or simply take Crucible away?

Tavar
2012-05-23, 10:17 AM
I'd say try and talk to him. We might be able to take him(after all, it'd be basically 4v1), but that's not a sure thing. Especially if he is a somewhat experienced Lunar.

Drascin
2012-05-23, 11:07 AM
True.

Yeah, let's try talking with him. If things get ugly I can also just take Crucible and Avoidance Kata him with me, and see if having his target somewhere around ten minutes away in who knows what direction makes him less willing to just lash out and more try to get our new Abyssal.

(I'd offer taking everyone, but until I get some more XP for the repurchase of Trouble-Reduction Strategy I can only take one person with me.)

Anyway, posted in the IC.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-23, 12:17 PM
Well if Shadow Dancer was there, I'm pretty sure he'd would have started to attack it by now... as he hates Raksha for obvious reasons. And if any of his attacks landed I can guarantee that the Raksha would really be hurting, I believe in battle mode I calculated 28L + successes per punch was the damage I'm looking at in a serious fight, costs me an arm and a leg in essence but...

Though... given that it seems to be at least part Lunar, Dancer would likely give him a benefit of the doubt and he would at least be willing to try talking to it.

Not to say he wouldn't be ready for the slightest provocation to attack and punch it to smithereens... :smallsmile:

Recaiden
2012-05-23, 06:18 PM
Your post didn't show up in my subscriptions, Drascin, but it's there when I navigate to the page. :smallconfused: Anyone else have that problem?

Well if Shadow Dancer was there, I'm pretty sure he'd would have started to attack it by now... as he hates Raksha for obvious reasons. And if any of his attacks landed I can guarantee that the Raksha would really be hurting, I believe in battle mode I calculated 28L + successes per punch was the damage I'm looking at in a serious fight, costs me an arm and a leg in essence but...

..if it hits, it will destroy anyone without perfects or Ridiculous Soak. Such as, say, a Raksha with Gossamer-Forging Art, Armor Which is Not, Opalescent Gossamer Raiment, and Inviolable Presence for 21 + Essence*2 +Heart*2 + Stamina/2 Lethal Soak?
Luckily this is not nearly such a tank.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-23, 06:58 PM
Yeah gotta make it so everyone else can hurt it right... :smallcool: ... but yes I had the same issue to see his post I didn't get an email but when I checked it was there.

Leliel
2012-05-23, 09:49 PM
True.

Yeah, let's try talking with him. If things get ugly I can also just take Crucible and Avoidance Kata him with me, and see if having his target somewhere around ten minutes away in who knows what direction makes him less willing to just lash out and more try to get our new Abyssal.

(I'd offer taking everyone, but until I get some more XP for the repurchase of Trouble-Reduction Strategy I can only take one person with me.)

Anyway, posted in the IC.

Okay. Let's hear what the insultingly-titled Lunar has to say.

Recaiden
2012-05-23, 09:54 PM
Okay. Let's hear what the insultingly-titled Lunar has to say.

Insultingly-titled? :smallconfused: What do you mean?

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-23, 10:00 PM
I think he was referring to the TITS or the TTWITS title that was pegged onto him.

Edit:
Wow there is quite a bit this guy is interested in... how much of that is actually possible with our group just wondering?

Drascin
2012-05-25, 04:25 AM
Okay, so while Drake is a dude with full Lore and Occult and Savant and having read the records of the greatest library in Creation, not to mention having the habits of a magpie when it comes to adding books to his own personal library, I as a player I must admit I have absolutely no idea what this guy is talking about. Should I roll stuff to see if I know things about these things?

Recaiden
2012-05-25, 05:21 PM
Wow there is quite a bit this guy is interested in... how much of that is actually possible with our group just wondering?

Well, Raziel is a charm or two away from the Wyld Shaping it's looking for.
The Skull Diary is just a very rare book (Artifact 4).
Better Fate-dodging charms are just the sort of thing a Sidereal could help with.
The others are rather more difficult, but Drake does know a lot of things.

Okay, so while Drake is a dude with full Lore and Occult and Savant and having read the records of the greatest library in Creation, not to mention having the habits of a magpie when it comes to adding books to his own personal library, I as a player I must admit I have absolutely no idea what this guy is talking about. Should I roll stuff to see if I know things about these things?

You should, as should anyone else who'd like to roll! A variety of checks, actually, for the various things. Be advised though that the difficulty on most of them is quite high, and sorry for not getting them up earlier.

In increasing difficulty:
Skull Diary - Int + Occult + Occult(necromancy)+Savant at difficulty 3

Evade Fate Int+Occult or Int+Craft(Fate)+Savant+Craft(Fate(Destinies)) + Occult(Lunar Charms) at difficulty 4

The Endless Ladder: Int + Occult + Lore(Wyld/ Occult(Raksha Charms)/ Occult(Spirit Charms)/ Sail(High Altitude Flight) at difficulty 6

The Caging: Int+Lore+Lore(First Age) at difficulty 7 (-3 External Penalty for non-Lunars)

The Dowager's name: Int+Lore+Lore(First Age (But no Savant))+Lore(Deathlords) at difficulty 9, (+1 die for Lunars), and you need to roll well to even know that it's her that is being talked about.

Games of the Incarnae
To know about them enough to feel like you can answer truly: (Int+Lore) + (Int+Occult)+Lore(Heaven) at difficulty 2
To know the answer to what it's talking about: (Int+Lore or Int+Occult) +Lore(Heaven) +Lore(Geography) +Lore(Gaia) +Occult(Primordial Soul Hierarchies) at difficulty 10. (Difficulty -1 if Outside Fate) (Difficulty -1 for or with the help of Sheridan or Traces)

Let me know if I have the difficulties all wrong, and I know that most of the specialities don't apply at all, but they are there to provide frustratingly subtle hints.

Drascin
2012-05-25, 06:24 PM
Wow. I'm not sure I should even bother rolling for most of these things. Those are some hardcore difficulties. Ah well. Second Lore Excellency ahoy. First let's try the rolls and then I'll see about sending my little spider to the Forbidding Manse and seeing if I can get more on these with my clearance (I have no doubt these things are probably there, but only Backings 2 with the brass there may not be enough to get me access).

Anyway, let's roll:

Skull Diary: [roll0]

Evade Fate [roll1] (though honestly, a Sidereal should probably get a reduced difficulty here. No matter anyway, because I'm not giving a violent Lunar a way to go off the grid even more easily. It's be a failure of duty to the Bureau!)

The Caging: [roll2] (Let's toss 3 successes here with second Ex and hope for the best)

The Name of the Dowager [roll3](Not sure whether to risk spending motes here... even with +3 sux, I'd still need 6 more in the dice. And 6 successes in 10 dice are really unlikely, much less in an important roll, diceroller being what it is. Ah what the hell, I still have motes left. +3 sux here too)

The Games of Divinity: [roll4]

The other question: [roll5] This one I'm not even bothersing spending the motes, though. Not gonna happen.

EDIT: Oh my god, I actually pulled it off. Those are pretty crazy rolls! :smalleek: And if I had spent the motes in the last one I would have actually done it, goddamn it all! /headdesk

Recaiden
2012-05-25, 10:08 PM
@Tavar: No, no tattoos are visible. While they can be concealed, they actually just aren't there.

@Drascin: Well. That was unexpected.

You know that the Sidereals have an almost complete copy of the Skull Diary in their heavenly libraries. And you just happen to know that an assignment had been planned recently (by the Convention on Deathlord, of course) to recover some further texts that might just be a complete copy unto themselves from a lost crypt in Erzani territory.

Given what you know of Lunar tattoos and how Astrological mapping interacts with the Wyld, you think it would be a fairly possible thing for a Sidereal working with a No Moon to build fate-warping effects into them (why you can almost hear how it would sound to a Tell-tale Symphony as you think of it), and channelling similar energies could probably be extended into a charm. That would be a dangerous thing to let out.

The Caging? Might have some vague reference to the addition of the Solar bond to Lunar Exaltations or to a certain Jade device, but honestly you've got nothing.

As for the Deathlord, well, I'm not sure how, but you know. Maybe it was just in your file after meeting with the Convention. More likely there was just a note there and Drake was reminded of another book and compared the Convention's notes with a book about magi-science in the high first age and there, unmistakably, was the name...well, even I don't know her name. But Drake does somehow. :smalltongue: ((More seriously, I can get you it as soon as I think of it.))

The Games are something you can tell a lot about; more than most, or any mortal. How they generally proceed, how the various Incarnae act about them and generally seem to do, how reluctant they are to leave them. But you have no idea where it's going with this, other than the fact that it definitely doesn't actually care about the Games at all. It meant something else entirely; you know not what.

I notice you didn't roll for the ladder. :smallconfused:

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-25, 10:30 PM
So.. clarifying here... this is not a Raksha just a casteless Lunar who is fairly close to chimerism probably 5+ perm limit break and figured out as long as he is careful with his shifting he won't worsen his condition.

Recaiden
2012-05-25, 11:16 PM
So.. clarifying here... this is not a Raksha just a casteless Lunar who is fairly close to chimerism probably 5+ perm limit break and figured out as long as he is careful with his shifting he won't worsen his condition.

That could be true. It claims to be a casteless Lunar, anyway. More than that requires magic to tell. Although it's clearly less than 8 permanent limit. :smallsmile:

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-25, 11:25 PM
So between 5 and 8 perm limit because it looks to me like he has quicksilver body which is a chimera knack and casteless get access to them at 5 perm limit. If of course he is a lunar and not a raksha claiming to be a casteless lunar. :smalltongue:

Edit: nvm... thought when he looked inward he was physically looking inward... via a knack that allowed him to rearrange his body parts... which quicksilver form doesn't necessarily do anyways... my bad.... he still seems to have plenty of permanent limit though

Drascin
2012-05-26, 07:57 AM
@Drascin: Well. That was unexpected.

No kidding. I'm scared of what the diceroller will do to us in exchange for this sudden boon. It is an evil and cunning demon, and it does not give such boons easily.

You know that the Sidereals have an almost complete copy of the Skull Diary in their heavenly libraries. And you just happen to know that an assignment had been planned recently (by the Convention on Deathlord, of course) to recover some further texts that might just be a complete copy unto themselves from a lost crypt in Erzani territory.

Do I have the slightest idea of what is in it and who penned the original? Those are probably important things.

Given what you know of Lunar tattoos and how Astrological mapping interacts with the Wyld, you think it would be a fairly possible thing for a Sidereal working with a No Moon to build fate-warping effects into them (why you can almost hear how it would sound to a Tell-tale Symphony as you think of it), and channelling similar energies could probably be extended into a charm. That would be a dangerous thing to let out.

Yeeeeeeah, not going to give a guy halfway into Chimera territory a way to evade the radar even easier than Lunars already can. That just has "bad idea" plastered all over it :smalltongue:.

The Caging? Might have some vague reference to the addition of the Solar bond to Lunar Exaltations or to a certain Jade device, but honestly you've got nothing.

Aw. Come on, I beat a difficulty 7 roll and that's all I get? :smalltongue:

As for the Deathlord, well, I'm not sure how, but you know. Maybe it was just in your file after meeting with the Convention. More likely there was just a note there and Drake was reminded of another book and compared the Convention's notes with a book about magi-science in the high first age and there, unmistakably, was the name...well, even I don't know her name. But Drake does somehow. :smalltongue: ((More seriously, I can get you it as soon as I think of it.))

Haha, sorry there. For what's worth I didn't expect to pull this off either! :smallbiggrin: No problem, I'll wait.

And yeah, I figure we can fluff it as Drake having been reading and gathering data on Abyssals and Deathlords and Neverborn after the whole thing with Masque and friend, and on reading the Deathlord files and some First Age records he had this flash of inspiration. A kind of "I'm, of course, not sure , but it makes too much sense" deal.

The Games are something you can tell a lot about; more than most, or any mortal. How they generally proceed, how the various Incarnae act about them and generally seem to do, how reluctant they are to leave them. But you have no idea where it's going with this, other than the fact that it definitely doesn't actually care about the Games at all. It meant something else entirely; you know not what.

Figured as much.

I notice you didn't roll for the ladder. :smallconfused:

So I didn't. Among all these rolls I just missed that one. My bad. Let's roll it then.

Drascin
2012-05-26, 07:59 AM
Aaand forgot to actually put the roll in the post. Go me.

[roll0]

Recaiden
2012-05-26, 09:01 AM
Yes, that's all you get about the caging. Sorry.

7 out of 10? Wow. The die roller loves you right now.

You recognize the legend of the rope ladder leading up into the sky that is one of the three ways to physically reach the moon. It soars about Creation with no relation to where in the sky the moon is, drifting just low enough to be caught.
But there is a pattern to it, related to the concentration and flow of Wyldness through the borders of Creation, as was discovered and recorded in the libraries of Heaven based on the study of a dying Truchlee, a servitor spirit of Luna bound to the Chair and so usable to find it. This is not widely known because the libraries of Heaven are an incomprehensible maze whose filing system isn't even known by its librarians, but the information is in there. If one had the text, it would be not easy, but possible to predict the ladder (not easily or completely, because Luna refuses to be perfectly determinable, but possible).

The Skull Diary contains the first theoretical considerations of the final level of Necromany, the Void Circle of Obsidian, and one with the capability could easily use it to reach that level. It was penned in the First Age, before reaching the Obsidian Circle was possible (or so it was thought, no Deathknights) by an unknown necromancer, believed to a Lunar, but not a member of the Concordat. Their precise identity is unknown.

Leliel
2012-05-28, 02:12 PM
I assume this is all in Flametongue?

...next downtime, I'm purchasing that language.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-28, 07:12 PM
Well... I know I'll be able to communicate to the Wing when I get there yay for clawspeak... Shadow Dancer doesn't know flametongue either... nor do I think he will know english so he doesn't even have that to fall back on

Come to think of it who speaks... Forest-tongue or River-tongue?

Recaiden
2012-05-28, 08:46 PM
Well... I know I'll be able to communicate to the Wing when I get there yay for clawspeak... Shadow Dancer doesn't know flametongue either... nor do I think he will know english so he doesn't even have that to fall back on

Come to think of it who speaks... Forest-tongue or River-tongue?

Come to think of it, why does Shadow Dancer speak those? You should speak a Tribal Tongue(as your native language) and either Seatongue or Flametongue. Possibly also River-speak because it's a trade language spoken all over the world and that makes sense.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-28, 09:05 PM
Oh... didn't see the Tribal-tongue I assumed the native language for the Silent Crescent was either River-tongue or Forest-tongue... curious is the native language free or does it take one of the known languages I get?

Tavar
2012-05-28, 09:08 PM
You can have a number of languages equal to [Linguistics+1]

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-28, 09:11 PM
Which for me is 3 languages...

Edit: So I guess it will be Seatongue, Tribal Tongue, and Clawspeak

Tavar
2012-05-28, 10:07 PM
Oh god. Well, I guess you can communicate primarily with Leliel....

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-28, 10:14 PM
Lol well I figured Raziel was lonely being the only one without Flametongue and I believe Drake has Seatongue (not sure his char sheet didn't list languages that I could see) and Onyx Wing does have Clawspeak...

Tavar
2012-05-28, 10:17 PM
Clawspeak is written only....

Scarlet Dragon
2012-05-28, 10:19 PM
I know... I didn't say it was going to be an expedient way of communication...

Leliel
2012-05-31, 06:45 AM
Before you accuse me of metagaming.

Yozi. Propoganda.

That it happens to describe the political situation of Heaven exactly is a huge partial coincidence.

Drascin
2012-06-08, 12:39 PM
Yeah, sorry for disappearing this week. I was super-crunching for a project due today. Finished it a few hours ago and turned it in.

Tavar
2012-06-08, 04:06 PM
Wasn't really sure what to say.

So, back to town to reveal a job well done?

Scarlet Dragon
2012-06-08, 04:43 PM
And then introduce a new character and get Rhyvurg's char back in the party :)

Leliel
2012-06-12, 03:23 PM
Can I delay posting?

Studying for a math exam.

Recaiden
2012-06-12, 05:37 PM
Can I delay posting?

Studying for a math exam.

Sure thing. Education first, you know. We're about to gloss over and then there will likely be some conversation that Leliel doesn't really need to be active in.

Leliel
2012-06-15, 10:18 PM
Sure thing. Education first, you know. We're about to gloss over and then there will likely be some conversation that Leliel doesn't really need to be active in.

Thank you.

I also passed with flying colors. (dancing emoticon).

If it isn't too much trouble, I'll be the unintentional welcoming party for Scarlet Dragon, because I enjoy the idea of roleplaying charades.

Tavar
2012-06-15, 11:08 PM
Well, Drake And I were likely going to do the intentional part, but whatever.

Also, would the Clinch Revision in the following link, as well as the CMA listed there, be allowed?

Clinch Revision+Anaconda Style (http://forums.white-wolf.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1387759)

Scarlet Dragon
2012-06-15, 11:13 PM
Leliel I assume you were speaking Seatongue right? If so Shadow Dancer responded that way...

Edit:
Ok I see it was in Low Realm... scratch that response... I'll edit it

Recaiden
2012-06-16, 12:37 AM
Being outside fate does not make the Tell any easier to discern.

Thank you.

I also passed with flying colors. (dancing emoticon).

If it isn't too much trouble, I'll be the unintentional welcoming party for Scarlet Dragon, because I enjoy the idea of roleplaying charades.

Congratulations!

Well, Drake And I were likely going to do the intentional part, but whatever.

Also, would the Clinch Revision in the following link, as well as the CMA listed there, be allowed?

Clinch Revision+Anaconda Style (http://forums.white-wolf.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1387759)

Martial Art Approved. To be honest, you'd have to go fairly far to find a MA I'll throw out. Clinch revision mainly approved. If I'm trying to build a clinch-using opponent and find them no longer viable, I may have to change it towards vanilla, but I find that unlikely.

Tavar
2012-06-16, 01:10 AM
Well, they are less potent, but that's largely due to no longer being a 0 mote bad touch perfect or die.

Drascin
2012-06-16, 01:55 AM
Leliel: No, being outside fate does not allow you to see Tells. Mental Defenses over 12, however, do. Which I think with the +5 MDV bonus from being my Shadow Finger puts you over, in fact.

And about MA, good to hear, because I'm trying to start building an SMA (because I'm going to have to start one at Essence 4 anyway because of running out of Charms I want), and it's being really hard :smallsigh:. I hope that when I finish the semester at last and have full time to think on it it'll move faster.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-06-16, 02:32 AM
Well he has 3 Essence 8 Willpower and 3 Integrity => (14/2) + 5 = 7 + 5 = 12 so he sees the Tell... didn't see any specialties that would pertain but he only needs to get higher than 11...

Rhyvurg
2012-06-16, 03:12 PM
I'm still around, I've been busy moving. What have I missed?

Scarlet Dragon
2012-06-16, 03:41 PM
I believe Drascin's last post in the IC pretty aptly describes what's happened... besides that they are back in Gem and Shadow Dancer has just met Raziel by happenstance... though if he isn't careful he could get hurt pretty badly :smalleek: small consolation is Shadow Dancer hasn't decided if he is a threat yet... though to be honest as long as he doesn't attack he's pretty safe :smallwink:

Tavar
2012-06-16, 06:53 PM
You know, just realized, but I shouldn't actually take Anaconda Style: Lunars cannot benefit from shaping effects that don't originate from their own native shaping charms, and even then only if the Lunar in question is using them. Which rules out Engulfing Maw, which was likely my favorite charm.

God Damn stupid lunar mechanics.

Also, just pointing out, but noticing a tell could just mean that the thing is some kind of mutant, which given the variety of ways to get such a thing could be pretty common.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-06-17, 12:47 AM
Yes granted it could be considered a mutation... however if someone actually sees it and says as much to the Lunar in question, its a given that the person is not a normal human... if they saw it and didn't mention it the Lunar would have no indication they weren't normal beyond other visual clues or otherwise

Shadow Dancer is playing on the aspect the man isn't normal... he hasn't actually thought about playing the "just a mutation" card and pretending to be a regular cat.

Rhyvurg
2012-06-17, 02:02 AM
Far to the north, a Dragonblooded may well be returning from the Blessed Isle, after a truly unsettling trip, though he did learn a great deal. Since reaching the shore of the Inland Sea, everything felt subtly off. The desert is likely a bit of a relief.

How many soldiers did Auntie give me?

Recaiden
2012-06-17, 09:58 AM
I believe Drascin's last post in the IC pretty aptly describes what's happened... besides that they are back in Gem and Shadow Dancer has just met Raziel by happenstance... though if he isn't careful he could get hurt pretty badly :smalleek: small consolation is Shadow Dancer hasn't decided if he is a threat yet... though to be honest as long as he doesn't attack he's pretty safe :smallwink:

Raziel is not someone to take lightly. Though remember you're on the same side here. Probably.
He's also not the sort you need to protect people from, I wouldn't think.

You know, just realized, but I shouldn't actually take Anaconda Style: Lunars cannot benefit from shaping effects that don't originate from their own native shaping charms, and even then only if the Lunar in question is using them. Which rules out Engulfing Maw, which was likely my favorite charm.

God Damn stupid lunar mechanics.

"There are ways around that. If only those tattoos weren't holding you back from learning."

Seriously though, damn stupid Lunar mechanics. Sorry about that.

How many soldiers did Auntie give me?

Does two scale, making 50, seem appropriate?

Scarlet Dragon
2012-06-17, 12:03 PM
[Lot]
"I'm not a god, Prince. But it is what we speak at home." The girl(?) turns towards the cat again. "That's a funny name. Its ears are brown, see?"

I assume she is still talking Old Realm, though to be honest his reaction wouldn't change if it were Seatongue

Rhyvurg
2012-06-17, 12:08 PM
Works for me.

Recaiden
2012-06-17, 12:59 PM
I assume she is still talking Old Realm, though to be honest his reaction wouldn't change if it were Seatongue

Correct. They don't know Seatongue.

Works for me.

Then that is how many there are.

Tavar
2012-06-17, 01:28 PM
Welp. Uh...

Okay, time to be honest: I have no idea what I'm going to do with this character now. He's not that combat focused, but the Lunar charmset doesn't really support anything else. With a Combat Focused Full Moon, I'm seeing Wing get steadily outclassed.

Hell, Drake was more effective in that last fight, and he's supposed to be less combat focused than I am.

Drascin
2012-06-17, 02:57 PM
Welp. Uh...

Okay, time to be honest: I have no idea what I'm going to do with this character now. He's not that combat focused, but the Lunar charmset doesn't really support anything else. With a Combat Focused Full Moon, I'm seeing Wing get steadily outclassed.

Hell, Drake was more effective in that last fight, and he's supposed to be less combat focused than I am.

Yeah, the whole "Sidereals get competences fast and peak quickly" meant that those 60 XP I dumped in combat made me pretty decent. Of course, there is exactly one more charm for actual combat in the style I'm learning, so that's almost the peak unless I start making up expansions.

But that's not really the issue, isn't it? I honestly understand the annoyance at wanting a not-combat-focused character and just being unable to do it. I remember how trying to play a No Moon was a downright pain. Homebrewing noncombat stuff is your best bet, really. Do you have any idea of what you want to do?

Rhyvurg
2012-06-17, 10:42 PM
I'd offer advice, but honestly trying to make a character that's not good at fighting is pretty alien to me. I'm also not that familiar with the Lunar charmset.

Drascin
2012-06-19, 05:41 PM
Sorry for being a bit absent these last days. Had much to finish up fast. But it's over now. Every assignment has been turned in, and now it's only a matter of wiating for marks. I'm happy :smallsmile:. Also completely friggin' exhausted, mind, but happy. So tomorrow morning I should have a post up in the IC and from there be able to keep up.

Tavar
2012-06-20, 11:14 AM
Drascin, you might have missed it, but Wing addressed you.

Drascin
2012-06-20, 11:45 AM
Drascin, you might have missed it, but Wing addressed you.

I did, in fact. My bad.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-06-20, 12:27 PM
Ok so it seems as if Shadow Dancer's and Raziel's chance meeting is drawing to a close soon. What I haven't decided is if Shadow Dancer will tail him for a bit or just leave it be a chance encounter and continue playing with the little girl. Thoughts? Currently I'm leaning towards the former scenario...

Tavar
2012-06-20, 01:54 PM
If you stay, Wing and Drake will soon be there.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-06-20, 10:17 PM
Well that settles that problem...

Edit: I'm assuming the alleyway that we are in is right beside the park area... for convenience and consistencies sake

Also can I see Onyx Wing's Quicksilver Tattoos? I know I can't see your Tell... unless I get a bunch of modifiers to see them, I only get a 6 naturally.

Edit: Just realized 6 is a high enough MDV since he is in a true form...

Tavar
2012-06-20, 10:49 PM
Doesn't mean you know I'm a Lunar, though. And, no, you can't see my tattoos.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-06-20, 11:02 PM
I see... what else could they signify besides being a Lunar?... especially since he wrote the message to any Lunar's who would be in the area

Tavar
2012-06-20, 11:10 PM
I see... what else could they signify besides being a Lunar?... especially since he wrote the message to any Lunar's who would be in the area

Mutations of any kind. Or he could be some kind of non-human.

As for why someone would come here, well, people do go to parks, as evidenced by the fact that Raz is here. Hell, he has some non-human features, and he came here.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-06-20, 11:15 PM
Ahh... well please excuse me for my naivete... should I edit my post in the IC? For that matter would most non Lunars even recognize the Clawspeak for what it is?

Tavar
2012-06-20, 11:21 PM
Edit if you like.

Though, if you place clawspeak around, that would be a sign. I'd say that very few people outside of Lunars know it, and the ones that do would be significant.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-06-20, 11:28 PM
Alright well if that is the case for the Clawspeak I'll leave it as is and attribute it to him just being overeager thereby jumping the gun, so to speak, when he saw you. Writing the Clawspeak as a way of confirmation to his guess

Drascin
2012-06-21, 11:53 AM
Out of curiosity, did my Telltale Symphony get any reading on that little girl? She seems to be a demon... or other kindMalfeasite. So if I don't we at least will know it's something good enough at stealth to hide from Sorcerer's Sight, which rules out a great deal of First Circles and even a bunch of Second ones...

Recaiden
2012-06-21, 06:13 PM
Out of curiosity, did my Telltale Symphony get any reading on that little girl? She seems to be a demon... or other kindMalfeasite. So if I don't we at least will know it's something good enough at stealth to hide from Sorcerer's Sight, which rules out a great deal of First Circles and even a bunch of Second ones...

You heard a faint lack of Harp music, and some faint chanting, all with a twisted brass tone. Something demonic and of fairly low essence.

Recaiden
2012-06-23, 08:14 AM
I think, Drascin, that you mean Demjen. Metodies are the Vitriol Elementals. Who are still unhappy in Creation, but not nearly so much as a water-demon in gem.

Drascin
2012-06-23, 09:12 AM
I think, Drascin, that you mean Demjen. Metodies are the Vitriol Elementals. Who are still unhappy in Creation, but not nearly so much as a water-demon in gem.

And that will teach me to post while trying to do university bureaucracy. Yes, I meant Demjen :smallsigh:.

Leliel
2012-07-01, 09:49 PM
Can I check out for a couple days?

Blackouts hit us hard.

Leliel
2012-07-04, 08:14 AM
Back! Everything is back on!

Scarlet Dragon
2012-07-07, 09:59 PM
You know a question struck me and I'm not sure its been answered yet officially or that it really matters that it requires an official ruling... but on the matter of eating.

I'm guessing that as long as a Lunar wears the shape of a creature, since they can wear it as long as desired or until forced out, they only need to eat as much as that creature needs to sustain itself correct?.. following that logic it is safe to assume that if the Lunar in question were to take a larger form would thereby mean a larger appetite... but if the Lunar had already eaten all that he needed to sustain him in a smaller form he would be fine in the larger form... although I believe this logic only works if the food has been digested already in the smaller form... Otherwise you'd have a cat trying to eat more than anatomy should allow or for example a Tyrant Lizard barely eating anything near what it would need to sustain itself.

Its either that or shortly after taking a larger form they are struck with a ravenous hunger as their body demands more fuel to sustain their form...

Recaiden
2012-07-08, 11:59 AM
You know a question struck me and I'm not sure its been answered yet officially or that it really matters that it requires an official ruling... but on the matter of eating.

I'm guessing that as long as a Lunar wears the shape of a creature, since they can wear it as long as desired or until forced out, they only need to eat as much as that creature needs to sustain itself correct?.. following that logic it is safe to assume that if the Lunar in question were to take a larger form would thereby mean a larger appetite... but if the Lunar had already eaten all that he needed to sustain him in a smaller form he would be fine in the larger form... although I believe this logic only works if the food has been digested already in the smaller form... Otherwise you'd have a cat trying to eat more than anatomy should allow or for example a Tyrant Lizard barely eating anything near what it would need to sustain itself.

Its either that or shortly after taking a larger form they are struck with a ravenous hunger as their body demands more fuel to sustain their form...

You are overthinking this. You only need to eat the food for your current body(and then only when you are in it long enough to get hungry), and hunger does not carry between forms, because only your true form ages.

Recaiden
2012-07-08, 12:02 PM
Some Perception+Awareness Rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]

Recaiden
2012-07-08, 05:52 PM
Would you like to make a Perception+Awareness roll, Drascin?

Drascin
2012-07-09, 02:30 AM
No problem.

[roll0]

Tavar
2012-07-09, 07:10 PM
Well, I have Eyes of the Cat, which is a simple action to activate. Can I have activated it when I realized that we weren't getting one side of the conversation?

Drascin
2012-07-10, 02:36 AM
Well, I activated Telltale Symphony and Expected pain earlier and we're still in the same scene, so yeah, bunch of commited motes still.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-07-11, 12:22 AM
I'm kinda fleshing out Dancer's personality as I go... so his humor with the extending the claws bit was just me getting used to using the knack Internal Form Mastery as well as demonstrating that Dancer is the type of person who "talks" with his hands as well as with his mouth. He just happens to be able to change his body to suit the occasion. Which allows a broader range of bodily expressions...

So that Raziel doesn't take it the wrong way, his demeanor in no way implied it was anything more than a bit of humor, if it wasn't clear in my post in the IC. If anything its more a show of trust by giving up some of his secrets.

The theatrics cost me a mote of personal essence btw.

Leliel
2012-07-11, 03:16 PM
I guessed as much. In any case, this is something that is Raziel, not me-paranoia and deceptiveness.

Of course, this makes complete sense, given how I would think that people who have demonic familiars are generally on speaking terms with them, ie someone like a champion of the Yozis.

Recaiden
2012-07-11, 06:01 PM
Well, I have Eyes of the Cat, which is a simple action to activate. Can I have activated it when I realized that we weren't getting one side of the conversation?

You can, but I don't believe it lets you see through walls. However, when you activate it, you begin to hear the other side of the conversation in your head. In Old Realm. They seem to be...you have no idea. Also, Drake then hears another flare of Charm use from inside the building. Seems Yoziful and Perception-flavored.

Well, I activated Telltale Symphony and Expected pain earlier and we're still in the same scene, so yeah, bunch of commited motes still.

Oh. Yeah, okay. Expected Pain gives nothing right now. Telltale Symphony lets you sense some sort of low-power Charm in use within, affecting the area around and including the house.

Tavar
2012-07-11, 06:06 PM
Man, I'm going to have to start spending dots on Linguistsics, aren't I?

IC post coming.

Leliel
2012-07-12, 08:14 PM
So, anyone read Shards?

Next dream sequence, I'm going to have Raziel as the Chaplain-Colonel In Training of the forces of the Empress of All Law and coordination-father of the Spawn-Swarm as he assists with the assault on the Blight Planet of Gem.

What, you thought that technomorphic smoke just sat in Elsewhere? Come on, this is Exalted-actions have consequences, and it's not entirely unlikely that life under Theion is a bit nicer than life on the good lobotomized Primordial SS Autocthon.

Of course, Tavar knows this. I had a medium-sized flamewar with someone with a suspiciously identical screename over making them potential protagonists, a la Zeon.

...THE EMPYREAL CHAOS PROTECTS THE RIGHTEOUS! DEATH TO ALL WHO BETRAYED THE CREATORS! GLORY TO THE FORGIVEN SUN!

WE! SHALL! ALWAYS! BE!

[/Imperium Troll]