PDA

View Full Version : A Dream of Quiet (OoC)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Tavar
2012-07-12, 09:20 PM
Being protagonists isn't the problem. Being put in the sole right? That's what's I was against.

Never mind the ignoring of key parts of the setting to make one's case.

Edit: posts aren't showing up, and I already made a second one to try and get it to recognize. Might need someone besides me to post.

Leliel
2012-07-12, 10:20 PM
Being protagonists isn't the problem. Being put in the sole right? That's what's I was against.

Never mind the ignoring of key parts of the setting to make one's case.

Edit: posts aren't showing up, and I already made a second one to try and get it to recognize. Might need someone besides me to post.

Uh...I wasn't.

The Titanics do, but that's like, their perspective, maaan.

I just spun it so that we were Rooting For The Empire, ie, creating someone fun to play.

They think they're in the sole right. So does everyone else.

Can we put this behind us now?

Tavar
2012-07-12, 11:51 PM
As I said, rooting for the empire is fine. But the method you used made it less rooting for the empire and more the Empire are the actual good guys, by ignoring several key and very obvious points. And it's not like I'm the only one who seems to think that(hint there are 2 people with the same names in this game and that thread).

As for putting it behind us, sure, but if you actually want to do that, might be a good idea to not bring it up. :smallsigh:

Leliel
2012-07-13, 07:33 AM
As I said, rooting for the empire is fine. But the method you used made it less rooting for the empire and more the Empire are the actual good guys, by ignoring several key and very obvious points. And it's not like I'm the only one who seems to think that(hint there are 2 people with the same names in this game and that thread).

As for putting it behind us, sure, but if you actually want to do that, might be a good idea to not bring it up. :smallsigh:

Hey, I'm not bitter at all, just jesting about the whole thing. I knew going into it I was going to be the minority opinion, and I'm trying to imply that I'm not bitter at all.

And if I came off that way, I'm sorry. That wasn't what I meant to do at all, just arguments being made from the perspective that the Primordials were right, which is what their servants think. They could be wrong, they could be right. But, yes, it is simply an opinion, which may, in fact, be utterly and completely wrong. But again, one always views his side as in the right, and since for the purposes of that thread I was Devil's Advocate...

In any case, what I really wanted was inspiration, and I found it-I finally realized a reason why the Tyrant Sun switched sides.

Theion: "My son, if humanity will rule by your side alone...than what shall you make of the others?"

*proceeds to show images of the genocide of the alaun, the pegalothropes, the Lintha, the mazkri, the scathacs...*

UCS: *Chooses not to suppress Compassion* "...Forgive me Father, for I have sinned."

Tavar
2012-07-13, 08:12 AM
I'd point out that those events haven't actually happened yet, but that is a decent point. Of course, replacing one Genocide with another doesn't really seem like a Compassionate thing to do.

Leliel
2012-07-13, 10:16 AM
I'd point out that those events haven't actually happened yet, but that is a decent point. Of course, replacing one Genocide with another doesn't really seem like a Compassionate thing to do.

[a] Which is why it is prefaced with "possible" as it may not be the reason,

[b] It's not one genocide for another, it's one for at least five, probably more. Hence, why in canon, the Sun would have suppressed Compassion.

I also like the poetry of the Sun turning on humans because of his love for other sapient races.

Tavar
2012-07-13, 10:40 AM
You don't actually use Possible in the post at all....

Three for 5(and Linatha are a bit tricky). Then their are all the Darkbrood races(already been genocided, but still).

Leliel
2012-07-13, 02:58 PM
You don't actually use Possible in the post at all....

Three for 5(and Linatha are a bit tricky). Then their are all the Darkbrood races(already been genocided, but still).

I didn't?

*rechecks*

Oh. My bad.

And in any case, 5/4 is more than 3. And 3 may be a bit iffy, since humans are damn useful.

All the Titanics have to come from somewhere.

In any case, I also believe that if we have villains, we should have sympathetic, understandable ones, especially in Exalted. We want all sides to be heroic in their own ways (apart from the Ebon Dragon, who's side is "not yours").

So, Tyrant Sun should be paragon of Virtue still, just filtered through a Primordial lens.

Tavar
2012-07-13, 04:03 PM
Darkbrood don't count as one race: they are all the races the Primordials have ever gotten tired of. And, really, either Humanity shouldn't be counted twice(Linatha are Humans Kimbery favored....), or each branch and culture of Humanity needs to be counted individually.

And, again, it's for me it's never been not having heroic primordial aligned groups. It's that your posts seem to take it too far in the other direction(see, blaming the Exalted for running from death).

Leliel
2012-07-13, 06:05 PM
Darkbrood don't count as one race: they are all the races the Primordials have ever gotten tired of. And, really, either Humanity shouldn't be counted twice(Linatha are Humans Kimbery favored....), or each branch and culture of Humanity needs to be counted individually.

Well, Darkbrood count as that and "completely and utterly bugf*** insane", who really need to be dead in most cases. Except Underpeople, they're nice folks.

And, again, it's for me it's never been not having heroic primordial aligned groups. It's that your posts seem to take it too far in the other direction(see, blaming the Exalted for running from death).

Ah. Well, that's a breakdown in communication I was having, not my actual opinion.

I wanted to show that in the Gunstar setting, the way who you can tell who the villains are is that the bad guys think they are pursuing a threat who will kill them, while the good guys are running from a threat they know will kill them.

That the bad guys may be right is much more of a question in the air then the simple fact of the good guys' situation.

Ideally, this leads to a story where the Titanics realize they're wrong about the "threat" level, and then teaming up to kill the actually evil guys, who will kill everyone.

What, you think the Abyssals are just hanging back and watching the world explode?

...Well, that, and provide ideas for Titanics to do rather than harass the Gunstar in some way.

Leliel
2012-07-13, 09:14 PM
Also, I have a hypothetical myth as to how the Primordial forces view the Tyrant Sun:

And so they were, our King and His errant son, facing off over the Games of Divinity which the Creators play to relieve the tension of governing the universe.

And the King intoned, "My son, why do you do this thing?"

And the Sun replied "So as to free both the immortal and the mortal from Your oppression".

The King thought to himself for a bit, and then asked "Then who shall reign by your side, as the Alaun have reigned by Mine?"

And the Sun replied "The humans, Father, for their minds and souls are strong as their bodies are weakened, so as to better praise You and Your siblings for miracles."

And the King said "So, humans shall reign where Our creations reign now, and alone?"

The Sun, not yet understanding the King's wisdom, replied "Yes".

The King then smiled.

"Then, what shall be of the others?"

And so He bade the Well of Udr to unveil images of a world in which the Sun's rebellion had won.

Within, the prayer-spires of the Alaun had been torn in twain, their most sacred treasures cast aflame.

Within, the living island of the Lintha screamed in pain, as one thousand thousand golden spears pierced her side.

Within, the watery cities of the pegalothropes had their ocean heated to boiling, all life within dying a scalding death.

Within, the mazkri sang a song of sorrow as the earth was caved in by mighty war machines.

Within, horrifying monsters devoured the scathacs slowly, worm by worm.

And as one, all the races cried "Why do you do this thing, children of the Maker?"

And the children of the Maker replied "Because you lived, and were loved, while we were not. For this crime, you must die."

And so the Sun, overcome with grief and guilt, fell to his knee.

"Forgive me Father, for I have sinned."

The Sun's shadow laughed hard at that, but was quickly silenced by the King's glare.

And the King dried His son's eyes, and intoned:

"A crime that has not yet been may still be healed. You are forever forgiven, My dear child."

And so the Forgiven Sun was returned to his Father's court.

Notice the profound arrogance implicit in the statement "A crime not yet committed may still be healed". From Theion's POV, there was still a great act of treason committed simply by thinking about opening up the possibility for it.

Whether or not he was right? Well, again, a matter of opinion.

Recaiden
2012-07-13, 10:58 PM
Leaving aside my own thoughts, as I have not at all read Shards, maybe the General Exalted Discussion Thread is the place for this? Leliel's first post made sense, but after that...?

Leliel
2012-07-13, 11:14 PM
Leaving aside my own thoughts, as I have not at all read Shards, maybe the General Exalted Discussion Thread is the place for this? Leliel's first post made sense, but after that...?

Behold, flamewar spreading.

Really, I just wanted to iron out any bitterness I and Tavar may have felt, hence the Imperium Troll tag-just jesting at my own position.

Apparently, tongue-in-cheek doesn't travel well. Since we have apparently ironed it out, I am ready to move on-and hopefully, get his opinion on the quality of that piece of fiction I just wrote.

Rhyvurg
2012-07-14, 12:45 PM
Is anyone at Pyrus' house at the moment?

Scarlet Dragon
2012-07-14, 01:28 PM
I assume we are on the way so we could be appearing at the gates when you get there

Leliel
2012-07-15, 09:49 PM
I assume we are on the way so we could be appearing at the gates when you get there

I'm okay with this.

Drascin
2012-07-19, 06:10 AM
Hey, question, am I supposed to know what these Noss Fens and Saigoth Gates are?

Recaiden
2012-07-19, 07:20 AM
Hey, question, am I supposed to know what these Noss Fens and Saigoth Gates are?

I find it hard to remind myself that Drake doesn't know everything, but you might not.
Roll Int+Lore(Underworld/Deathlords) and
Roll Int+Lore(Malfeas)

Tavar
2012-07-19, 08:19 AM
If nothing else, it's probably something that you could Google EST.

Drascin
2012-07-19, 10:24 AM
I find it hard to remind myself that Drake doesn't know everything, but you might not.
Roll Int+Lore(Underworld/Deathlords) and
Roll Int+Lore(Malfeas)

Yes, Drake has had a lot of time perusing thousands of books in Yu-Shan and a very real interest in doing so for the sake of his job - but me, I kind of have had other stuff to learn and don't even have a large part of the Exalted books! :smalltongue:

Let's give this a try, then. And if not, as Tavar said, I can try ESTing it and seeing what the library has on them.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Recaiden
2012-07-19, 08:59 PM
A shadowland in the east of Creation.

And a lost continent called "Saigoth" destroyed in the Crusade.

That's all you recall.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-07-20, 08:51 AM
Nope we did not establish where to meet :smallbiggrin: looks like you guys will have to find us.

Tavar
2012-07-25, 08:20 PM
Leliel, did you mean to quote my post? Because, I think you were answering Rhyvurg, going by what you wrote.

Leliel
2012-07-28, 10:00 AM
Leliel, did you mean to quote my post? Because, I think you were answering Rhyvurg, going by what you wrote.

Nope, I meant to quote Rhyvurg. My bad.

Tavar
2012-08-09, 11:49 PM
About how long has it been since the cave?

Also, really regretting my current build, now.

Recaiden
2012-08-10, 10:07 AM
About how long has it been since the cave?

Also, really regretting my current build, now.

I think about 7 hours.

What sort of build would you like to have gone for?

Tavar
2012-08-13, 12:46 PM
Wow. Hope we don't have to start rolling to stay awake.

As for the build, well, probably either picked a different style, or bought damage adders. Right now, I think my main value is that I can grapple: besides that I don't really have much utility.

Also, Earthscorpion's Lunar stuff is sooo neat.

Drascin
2012-08-15, 02:47 PM
With my utter lack of Stamina I probably wouldn't fare very well in those "staying awake" rolls, so I hope so too :smalltongue:.

As for the current scene, sorry for taking so long to post. Just wasn't sure what to say, and when I don't know my reflex is to stay silent. But yeah, we have no idea what the Lion really wants, and so actually formulating a defense strategy beyond "keep the city safe" is hard. So I'd say for now all we can do is try to keep on the lookout for new attempts at shadowlands while we find these gates or at least clues as to where they are.

Tavar
2012-08-15, 04:07 PM
Considering you're the one with access to Heaven's Library, and all that entails, I think you're going to be on research duty. Otherwise, without any targets available, I'm not sure what we can do, either.

Drascin
2012-08-15, 04:57 PM
Yeah, pretty much. Just didn't want to say that IC :smalltongue:. And even beyond the library, there are probably hundreds of spirits up there that were on Saigoth before the Usurpation. It's the good part of having access to a place where you can easily find people for whom the whole of the time since the Primordial War is still a reasonable sabbatical (the bad part is of course finding anyone in a place that huge that does not exactly have phone listings). But I figure the guys at the Forbidden Ivy will have something.

I figure Wing will be on gate search duty. Motly because I think the one who can turn into a snake to get through the cracks in cave ins and in general pretty much look everywhere without raising any suspicion at all among any spies the Lion might have around is probably our best bet. Especially if you can stretch getting Hybrid Body Rearrangement, so you can, say, just eat a bat and be able to grow sonarvision on a whim and not even need lightsources (I actually had thought you already had picked it up last XP batch. I think my personal opinion that it's easily the single best and most powerful knack lunars get might have made me misremember). Most of the rest of us aren't exactly stellar at subtle :smallbiggrin:.

Tavar
2012-08-15, 05:45 PM
Nah. The most powerful knack is DBT(it's also kinda broken, just like most of Lunar shapeshifting). HBR is the most versatile, certainly, and depending on the mutations you have access to it can be incredibly powerful, or barely something worth remembering.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-08-15, 11:19 PM
You know... I don't believe bat was on my list of Hearts Blood... but I do have to agree DBT is the best knack available, with HBR coming close on its heels for sheer versatility. Mainly why I started with a lot of background in Hearts Blood. Its also fun for just the roleplaying aspects... that reminds me... I need to eat a monkey, that prehensile tail might be fun. :)

Leliel
2012-08-19, 08:49 PM
Is that my cue?

I really can't tell.

Recaiden
2012-08-20, 07:25 AM
Yes, I think it was your cue.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-08-27, 01:47 AM
Okay would someone be willing to teach Dancer a language... this boils down to either Wing or Raziel (or someone else that Recaiden has up his sleeve) ... since they can at least communicate with Dancer...

I have the four exp I would need to spend to learn it... It just seems a bit of a hassle having to have a translator for intraparty communications... hasn't been too big of an issue yet since my char just joined but I foresee it becoming a bigger problem in the near future.

Rhyvurg
2012-08-27, 02:26 AM
Pyrus can teach him English.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-08-27, 11:48 AM
But Pyrus needs a translator...

Tavar
2012-08-27, 11:58 AM
Actually, I'd say both you and Leliel need to learn firetongue, first. That gives both inter-party communication and more importantly allows you to talk to about 90% of the people here.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-08-27, 12:48 PM
Yeah... I was thinking Firetongue would be best too... English is great for intraparty communication but not much else going for it except random npcs that know it.

Recaiden
2012-08-28, 09:15 AM
But Pyrus needs a translator...

Mutually unitelligibility is the best way to learn!

Actually, I'd say both you and Leliel need to learn firetongue, first. That gives both inter-party communication and more importantly allows you to talk to about 90% of the people here.

But this is probably much more practical.

Yeah... I was thinking Firetongue would be best too... English is great for intraparty communication but not much else going for it except random npcs that know it.

There are no random NPCs that know English. :smalltongue: Only specific NPCs that have been taught be Laurel, Amelia, or Orchid.

Leliel
2012-09-02, 09:54 PM
But this is probably much more practical.

Good plan.

Tavar
2012-09-13, 04:57 PM
FYI, somethings come up, so I think I'll be out of contact for most of Friday and saturday.

Tavar
2012-09-19, 07:16 PM
So, Rhyvurg, did Pyrus have any thoughts on my question? And is he going to suggest using the mortal troops he brought back? I don't know if Wing has learned about them yet.

Recaiden
2012-09-23, 12:21 PM
But this would definitely put them to the test, and be useful.

I'm planning on giving a little while for you all to tell me what preparations you're making in addition to the ones already listed, and then moving us on to the next scene. If you want to do anything unexpected in the meantime, go ahead, but as we just saw, leaving the group is not recommended.

Tavar
2012-09-23, 02:30 PM
I don't really have any prep work to do: how about the others? Especially Rhyvurg?

Leliel
2012-09-23, 09:58 PM
Me? It's a brief appearance to the cult to show them I'm still alive, then summon a demonic guard for them. Probably a tomescu, since Raziel values safety over subtlety. And it's a deep cavern too, the guard can scream in a nice, sound-proofed area.

Though..if it's all right with you, I think Raz should get infected with the non-Merit Whispers during this expedition. Seems like it'd be sufficient cause to finally talk about his feelings after the Neverborn start needling him about his past. Don't worry I'll throw them off.

Recaiden
2012-09-24, 09:54 PM
Though..if it's all right with you, I think Raz should get infected with the non-Merit Whispers during this expedition. Seems like it'd be sufficient cause to finally talk about his feelings after the Neverborn start needling him about his past.

Not a bad idea.

The Background Whispers, which Masque has points in (lots of points) that represents a connection to the Neverborn. Normal people can only learn it in the Labyrinth, but the unique nature of the ship might allow that to be circumvented, and Abyssal mates and certain Lore/Perception charms might allow more access to it.

Then there's the effect Whispers, which normally only does anything to ghosts. It might or might not involve the Neverborn1, and it's how (dead) people become spectres. It WILL eventually render a character unplayable. By being very careful and always saving some of your energy (Willpower) to resist the Void, one can hold it off for a long long time, but everyone's luck runs out eventually.

But this worries me:

Don't worry I'll throw them off.

Both types last for the rest of one's existence. Once a ghost is infected only Obsidian Necromancy can save them. The best the living can manage is temporary suppression (although repeated applications can keep whispers at bay indefinitely, and self-researched necromantic spells might be able to remove them). If you get any sort of Whispers except through the charm Teaching Incomprehensible Truths, there's no going back. You have what is at best an incurable but treatable change or mental state(heavy on the bad side effects) and at worst an all-consuming obsession that destroys you and all you care about.

So be really sure that it's something you want for Raziel.

If anyone could break Whispers by trying, it would be an Exalted, but you're going up against either or both of The Neverborn and Oblivion in doing so.

1 I think that this sort of Whispers is the force of Oblivion, unfiltered even through the twisted minds of the Neverborn. It does nothing but warp and destroy. The Neverborn sometimes uplift those so ruined and make them Nephwracks. Corrections welcome.

Rhyvurg
2012-09-25, 02:04 AM
Is anyone else just waiting for this thing with the Deathknight to END so some of us don't feel completely ignored anymore?

Tavar
2012-09-25, 10:59 AM
I did ask you a question. Twice.

Recaiden
2012-09-25, 11:02 AM
I am having trouble finding ways to respond to you that keep you involved, but you haven't been entirely ignored even by me.

Rhyvurg
2012-09-25, 08:52 PM
Wait, really? Damn, sorry.

Drascin
2012-09-26, 04:02 AM
As for Drake, he's going to be quite busy in the coming couple days before the party sets off.

First, he has to call Nazri, and inform him.

Then, he has to give a call to some of his assistants so that they find everything they can on the Saigoth Gates so he can peruse it quickly when he comes back - or even check it with EST if necessary.

Then he wants to talk to a couple gods to keep an eye on this place, starting with that griffin god - having aerial scouts checking for anything unusual in the desert around should give the city a very good alarm system.

Then, he wants to talk to Pyrus about a) noting to the Despot that "he" has struck a deal with the griffin god so to keep an eye on the griffins for alarms, and b) having him be the face for negotiating for a couple tons of rock salt with the Guild. By the time they're back Drake wants to have anti-shadowland ammo coming into the city stealthily, to have a surprise in case any of the Lion's remaining knights tries to do the ritual again.

I'd also summon something, but that might be a tad conspicuous.

Rhyvurg
2012-09-27, 05:43 PM
Sorry guys, but I might be without power and offline for a while next week.

Leliel
2012-09-27, 08:54 PM
Not a bad idea.

The Background Whispers, which Masque has points in (lots of points) that represents a connection to the Neverborn. Normal people can only learn it in the Labyrinth, but the unique nature of the ship might allow that to be circumvented, and Abyssal mates and certain Lore/Perception charms might allow more access to it.

Then there's the effect Whispers, which normally only does anything to ghosts. It might or might not involve the Neverborn1, and it's how (dead) people become spectres. It WILL eventually render a character unplayable. By being very careful and always saving some of your energy (Willpower) to resist the Void, one can hold it off for a long long time, but everyone's luck runs out eventually.

But this worries me:

Both types last for the rest of one's existence. Once a ghost is infected only Obsidian Necromancy can save them. The best the living can manage is temporary suppression (although repeated applications can keep whispers at bay indefinitely, and self-researched necromantic spells might be able to remove them). If you get any sort of Whispers except through the charm Teaching Incomprehensible Truths, there's no going back. You have what is at best an incurable but treatable change or mental state(heavy on the bad side effects) and at worst an all-consuming obsession that destroys you and all you care about.

So be really sure that it's something you want for Raziel.

If anyone could break Whispers by trying, it would be an Exalted, but you're going up against either or both of The Neverborn and Oblivion in doing so.

1 I think that this sort of Whispers is the force of Oblivion, unfiltered even through the twisted minds of the Neverborn. It does nothing but warp and destroy. The Neverborn sometimes uplift those so ruined and make them Nephwracks. Corrections welcome.

I meant going by the system for throwing off the Whispers of Oblivion presented in Roll of Glorious Divinity 2 and the Black Treatise...but yeah. That's a long and costly process in Willpower, so I see your point.

Still, even heroic ghosts, by canon, can do it. Unwanted Whisper already has, as shown by her 1 dot in Whispers but not anywhere close to being a specter and no implication that she's going to be.

I'm debating with myself over it. Do I want to play someone who has to constantly cater to his Virtues or become a nihilistic supervillain, even if it's only for a chapter or so.

(speaking of which, you spend one Willpower to resist the Whispers for a day, three to go towards a "freedom" pool. Thirty points in the pool and you self-exorcise them).

Recaiden
2012-09-27, 10:19 PM
Drascin: Sounds good, although talking with Pyrus could be a delay. We might want to just take that as done, maybe sent in a message (although insecure).

Rhyvurg: Sorry to hear that. Hope you stay online.

I meant going by the system for throwing off the Whispers of Oblivion presented in Roll of Glorious Divinity 2 and the Black Treatise...but yeah. That's a long and costly process in Willpower, so I see your point.

(speaking of which, you spend one Willpower to resist the Whispers for a day, three to go towards a "freedom" pool. Thirty points in the pool and you self-exorcise them).

I just wasn't aware of that part. It's added to the sidebar given in MoEP:Abyssals.

Drascin
2012-09-29, 06:13 PM
Drascin: Sounds good, although talking with Pyrus could be a delay. We might want to just take that as done, maybe sent in a message (although insecure).

No problem. So, should I post about getting all that done, do we assume it happens?

Leliel
2012-10-01, 07:11 PM
Hey, do I know that FaFL was punished by the Neverborn, IC, and is pathologically afraid of failure?

Rhyvurg
2012-10-01, 10:07 PM
Maybe we can bribe him with a giant soulsteel can opener to get him out of that armor.

Recaiden
2012-10-02, 09:38 AM
Hey, do I know that FaFL was punished by the Neverborn, IC, and is pathologically afraid of failure?

You do, either from Kagami or Masque.

Maybe we can bribe him with a giant soulsteel can opener to get him out of that armor.

If you had such a can opener, he would seriously consider it.

Rhyvurg
2012-10-02, 03:25 PM
Wait, really? We need to build or acquire a factory cathedral...

Recaiden
2012-10-02, 03:49 PM
Wait, really? We need to build or acquire a factory cathedral...

Yeah. Among the Lion's other intimacies (The White Heron, Bravery, The Suffering of Others) you find Not Being Fused into a Suit of Armor.

Good luck getting the Cathedral.

EDIT: it's bad timing, but I'm going to be away for the next few days.

Leliel
2012-10-08, 08:04 AM
Wait a minute.

I just realized, do we already know that the Lion wants to turn Gem into a beachead?

If so, I'll delete the post.

Recaiden
2012-10-08, 03:57 PM
Wait a minute.

I just realized, do we already know that the Lion wants to turn Gem into a beachead?

If so, I'll delete the post.

It is easily deduced.

Leliel
2012-10-08, 08:54 PM
It is easily deduced.

Oh.

Can I RP it anyway?

Recaiden
2012-10-13, 02:31 PM
Any response to the plan would be good. So far as I can see, no one is against the plan to capture/destroy the airship, but we want to do thing to prepare first. If you all could post about those?

Leliel
2012-10-19, 06:00 PM
Am I being prompted? Because I honestly can't think of anything to say.

Recaiden
2012-10-19, 07:19 PM
No, you're not.

Sorry guys, I've been really ill the past few days. I'll try to get this going again later today or tomorrow.

Tavar
2012-10-20, 01:06 AM
I was kinda hoping for Pyrus's go ahead.

The plan, if you care, was to see if there were any Talisman's vs undead, creatures of death, or ghosts available, as well as either ghost cleaving salt weapons or ghost smiting salt weapons.

Recaiden
2012-10-20, 10:54 PM
I was kinda hoping for Pyrus's go ahead.

The plan, if you care, was to see if there were any Talisman's vs undead, creatures of death, or ghosts available, as well as either ghost cleaving salt weapons or ghost smiting salt weapons.

If it can be bought with money, it can be found here in Gem. Specifically with rock salt being sufficiently common and there being enough educated thaumaturges being involved in the Despot's water business. You can get some Smiting Salt Weapons (on Pyrus's money, I imagine) but I'll need a roll(Wits+Occult or Socialize) to track down the one source of Ghost-Cleaving weapons in the town or a Social roll to wring the information out of the Despot or his men. Talismans are available at reasonable prices (resources 3 or 4, as Warding Talismans in the core book), as the city is at least nominally anti-undead.

Tavar
2012-10-20, 11:03 PM
Would my Contact(a Guild Factor in the area) help matters at all?

Recaiden
2012-10-21, 12:54 AM
Would my Contact(a Guild Factor in the area) help matters at all?

That he would. Can probably acquire you a Salt-Cleaving weapon or two, and add to any roll.

Tavar
2012-10-21, 05:05 PM
Ok, Pyrus, asking this question once more: are any of your troops coming with us?

(Wits+Socialize+Contact,4 motes on 1st wits excellency, )[roll0]: Attempting to fine Ghost Cleaving weapons, especially either Hook Swords or Fighting Chains.

Also, at least 4 Warding charms seem like a good idea(one per exalt), though obviously supplies dictate availability.

Unless Pyrus gives his ok, I think I'm limited to Resource 3, as otherwise I'd knock his rating down.

Rhyvurg
2012-10-21, 05:42 PM
I don't think bringing mortal troops is a good idea, unless we can outfit them with anti-ghost weapons.

Drascin
2012-10-21, 05:56 PM
If asked Drake can probably contribute a bit. He's not supposed to hugely splurge in Creation under threat of audit, but he does have Resources 5 and no idea of what to do with them in a world without videogames.

Also, no problem with continuing the preparations in PMs.

Also also, as a note, part of why Drake is asking about the travel and stuff is that, well, four hundred miles to do through the freaking desert are still a lot of miles right there. So he's been considering asking the griffin god if there was any chance to get some griffins lent to us for the "go" trip if nothing else (he could order him, of course, but Drake prefers to not pull rank unless strictly necessary)

Tavar
2012-10-21, 06:28 PM
I don't think bringing mortal troops is a good idea, unless we can outfit them with anti-ghost weapons.

:Headdesk:

That's what I've been trying to figure out!

Rhyvurg
2012-10-21, 07:36 PM
I forget, do salt lines work in the underworld?

Recaiden
2012-10-21, 09:05 PM
If asked Drake can probably contribute a bit. He's not supposed to hugely splurge in Creation under threat of audit, but he does have Resources 5 and no idea of what to do with them in a world without videogames.

Also, no problem with continuing the preparations in PMs.

Also also, as a note, part of why Drake is asking about the travel and stuff is that, well, four hundred miles to do through the freaking desert are still a lot of miles right there. So he's been considering asking the griffin god if there was any chance to get some griffins lent to us for the "go" trip if nothing else (he could order him, of course, but Drake prefers to not pull rank unless strictly necessary)

That could be worth doing.

:Headdesk:

That's what I've been trying to figure out!

You should be reminded that Ghost-Smiting Salt Weapons are useless in the Underworld, as all spirits are Material. Ghost-Cleaving Salt Weapons will still inflict aggravated damage. It will still be good to have them in the case of a war-ghost attack on Gem, but they won't help you where you're going.

You do manage to get the location of the Enchanter. They are Resource 4 purchase for Cleaving Weapons (And that's just to pay for the ritual components), but Smiting Weapons are easy, he can enchant as many as are needed, Resource 1. Has already made a good number for the city in past times.

I forget, do salt lines work in the underworld?

No. I'm fairly certain they do not work there.

Unrelated: The word "Basalt" comes up way more often than it should in Exalted sourcebooks. It's Adorjan's stone, so it should be common in some references, but the word is everywhere.

Tavar
2012-10-21, 10:01 PM
Can't Ghosts dematerialize even in the Underworld?

Rhyvurg
2012-10-21, 10:02 PM
Rats, I was going to bring a crapload of salt and just ride the bike in a circle around the airship dropping a line so non-Abyssal reinforcements are useless.

Recaiden
2012-10-21, 10:31 PM
Can't Ghosts dematerialize even in the Underworld?

No. They don't even know the Materialize/Dematerialize Charm.

Everyone and everything in the Underworld, Malfeas and the Celestial City of Yu-Shan is considered material.

Rats, I was going to bring a crapload of salt and just ride the bike in a circle around the airship dropping a line so non-Abyssal reinforcements are useless.

Would have been really impressive, but you can't use salt to keep them out on their own home ground. Something more magical might work; Whitewall proves that it can be done.

Tavar
2012-10-21, 10:36 PM
I think the Salt is only really useful against the weakest ghosts, or to close shadowlands. What you really want are warding procedures, but those aren't easy to do quickly.

Recaiden
2012-10-21, 10:48 PM
I think the Salt is only really useful against the weakest ghosts, or to close shadowlands. What you really want are warding procedures, but those aren't easy to do quickly.

I think it's stronger than that; that only Deathlords among ghosts can overcome it, but it's less effective or ineffective against zombies and nemissaries with bodies.

Tavar
2012-10-21, 11:53 PM
Ah, I meant more that stronger ghosts would have means to get around it like, for instance, possession, physical undead, etc.

Rhyvurg
2012-10-22, 12:46 AM
But there's not exactly a lot of targets for possession down there, unless they import bodies.

Tavar
2012-10-22, 08:56 AM
We are talking about an Abyssal fortress, right? Hell, since they are material they could likely just use a rock to disrupt the line.

Leliel
2012-10-25, 02:43 PM
Or find a convenient salt mine and explode it, spreading the stuff everywhere.

Of course, then we'd have pissed-off gods...

Rhyvurg
2012-10-25, 11:11 PM
I highly doubt the god of a salt mine will be a huge problem.

Tavar
2012-10-25, 11:14 PM
You say that as if they aren't a problem for the Realm as a whole....

Leliel
2012-11-01, 07:26 PM
Juuuust a bump.

Recaiden
2012-11-01, 10:31 PM
It only took the Queen of Creation and a whole religion to put down the Salt Gods last time. I'm sure Pyrus can handle it.

In other news, this delay is brought to you by Private Messages, the Halloween season, and unreliable teammates who force you to do way too much of a project yourself. Play will resume shortly.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-11-02, 12:34 AM
Lol totally forgot I was still speaking to the chef, I was mainly keeping quiet because I (a) don't know the game system, very well, or previous happenings so half the time don't understand the references (b) my char couldn't understand a word of it so he couldn't contribute even if he did have relevant info... Which brings me to my question, how much Flametongue do I know now... enough to understand the gist of a statement and to make myself understood relatively?

Recaiden
2012-11-08, 12:42 PM
As I said out of here, taking the time before you leave for study of it and practice, you can't speak it well, but you can get across basic concepts in an awkward, broken English sort of way.

Leliel, I gather that the Tomescu are left here to protect the cult and the city?

Leliel
2012-11-09, 06:33 PM
As I said out of here, taking the time before you leave for study of it and practice, you can't speak it well, but you can get across basic concepts in an awkward, broken English sort of way.

Leliel, I gather that the Tomescu are left here to protect the cult and the city?

Yep. If it becomes an issue, I think the Dictator was made aware in advance.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-11-11, 03:52 PM
You know I just had the most hilarious thought... but I could have changed into a tyrant lizard with wings and been a flying mount myself

Recaiden
2012-11-11, 05:47 PM
You know I just had the most hilarious thought... but I could have changed into a tyrant lizard with wings and been a flying mount myself

Like Wing could have flown himself. How many dots of Stamina do you have? It's probably fewer than the gryphons do. But yeah, Hybrid body Rearrangement does allow such fun things.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-11-11, 07:24 PM
Stamina is from the animal you transform into and a Tyrant Lizard has 6 if I recall correctly... and I just found out that estimate needs to be doubled to 12... they also have the enduring quality as a mount... compared to the gryphons 5 in stamina... I think I would be more worried about them being able to keep up than with me having any trouble with flying myself and several others on my back.

All by my lonesome I have 4 Stamina but that doesn't matter in this case because I wouldn't be me... Lol all I would need after the wings is the ability to breathe fire and poof we have a dragon.

How long is the journey going to take... because if we stop to rest I am totally making a Flying Tyrant Lizard a thing. :smallbiggrin:

Recaiden
2012-11-11, 09:46 PM
Stamina is from the animal you transform into and a Tyrant Lizard has 6 if I recall correctly... and I just found out that estimate needs to be doubled to 12... they also have the enduring quality as a mount... compared to the gryphons 5 in stamina... I think I would be more worried about them being able to keep up than with me having any trouble with flying myself and several others on my back.

All by my lonesome I have 4 Stamina but that doesn't matter in this case because I wouldn't be me... Lol all I would need after the wings is the ability to breathe fire and poof we have a dragon.

How long is the journey going to take... because if we stop to rest I am totally making a Flying Tyrant Lizard a thing. :smallbiggrin:

It's not going to take long. Also, that's extra-conspicuous, being a flying lizard.

Secondly, to rain on your lizard parade, determination of your speed comes from Dexterity, which the Tyrants have only an unimpressive 3 dots in.

Finally, complete sentences please? :smalltongue:

Scarlet Dragon
2012-11-11, 10:11 PM
Lol I know, being a giant flying lizard is just asking for attention, it would be fun though.

On the note of Dexterity, I have the Internal Form Mastery knack which allows me to substitute my own Dexterity, which is 5.

Tavar
2012-11-17, 12:25 AM
Uhh, I already am, according to my post......

Scarlet Dragon
2012-11-17, 12:46 AM
I think he said that as a means of explaining why you both were holding it. As he mentioned he grabbed it as well as you. Sort of a retroactive statement before Wing had grabbed it.
Then again I'm not Leliel so, I could be wrong. :)

Tavar
2012-11-17, 06:01 PM
The issue would be that I already provided an explanation(and he already made a post), so it comes off as...well, weird, I guess.

Recaiden
2012-11-21, 03:38 PM
I'm going to be away (and without internet, I think) until Saturday or Sunday, given the Thanksgiving holiday happening here.

Leliel
2012-12-01, 09:04 PM
Hey, do we need to reset our sheets?

You know, given how it's implied we had a few days on downtime, is it that we need to refill our Essence scores and willpower?

Recaiden
2012-12-01, 11:11 PM
Hey, do we need to reset our sheets?

You know, given how it's implied we had a few days on downtime, is it that we need to refill our Essence scores and willpower?

Yes, you do. I suppose you can go in with voluntarily depleted essence pools and any wounds you want to inflict on yourself, but I don't recommend it.

Rhyvurg
2012-12-01, 11:54 PM
Pyrus hasn't been using essence, so he's still full.

Leliel
2012-12-10, 09:48 PM
Um, could I call an at least partial hiatus till the end of the week?

Our new data plan comes with a limit, and it's very expensive to go over.

Recaiden
2012-12-10, 11:38 PM
That's okay. If someone else wants to be posting decisions, banter or basic actions, do continue.

Bad deal with the data plan.

Leliel
2012-12-16, 10:15 AM
Ain't it.

I will be posting later today, and hopefully by next year we can have a DSL connection again.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-12-22, 12:31 PM
Okay so when does the Stealth bit come in. I know I don't have any ward detecting abilities, nor any way to break them besides the obvious walk through them.

I'm assuming we break some of the outer wards so we can get close then Dancer and Wing can do some quick stealth and clear a path as far into the compound as possible. Just making sure this is the plan and I didn't miss anything.

Recaiden
2012-12-22, 01:10 PM
The stealth will come in when the wards are reached and the diversions are carried out.

Scarlet Dragon
2012-12-22, 08:32 PM
Ok, that's what I thought we were doing just thought I'd confirm.

Tavar
2012-12-24, 12:38 AM
Leliel, are you shouting? And reading Drake's Mind?

Recaiden
2012-12-24, 09:59 AM
I was under the impression that he was shouting at Masque when I read that, but noticing Drake noticing something without prior arrangement or a roll is a bit forward. :smallconfused:

Leliel
2012-12-26, 12:58 AM
Leliel, are you shouting? And reading Drake's Mind?

No just reading body language.

Yeah, my bad.

I'll point that out.

EDIT: Actually, no, I'll let the Drascin point out what he's doing and delete the message if it conflicts.

Recaiden
2013-01-09, 07:50 PM
You get a little bit more of walking through the valley, with a bit of description, then things will happen.

Drascin, give me a Perception + Awareness roll please. Prior Warning of something less obvious.

IC post sometime after I finish all this homework.

Drascin
2013-01-11, 08:22 AM
Let's see about that Awareness roll before I post, then.

[roll0]

EDIT: What :smalleek:. 8 successes in 9 dice. That may be my best successes/dice ratio ever. I'm going to pay for these amazing noncombat rolls the moment combat starts, aren't I.

Rhyvurg
2013-01-18, 07:25 AM
Are we considered to be in a scene yet?

Recaiden
2013-01-18, 08:45 AM
I believe you're still in the same "Reaching the ship" scene, which came after the glossed "Entering the Underworld" scene which came after some downtime.
Inside the ship, or on escaping from this place would be a new scene unless you manage to connect it in some strange way.

But you are not yet in battle with anyone.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-01-18, 10:59 AM
Ok clarifying here but how long do Gifts last. The way I understand it, is that when I change into DBT and activate all the Gifts I want, those motes are committed and the effects last until I leave DBT.

Recaiden
2013-01-19, 01:24 AM
Ok clarifying here but how long do Gifts last. The way I understand it, is that when I change into DBT and activate all the Gifts I want, those motes are committed and the effects last until I leave DBT.

Right. The Gift Charms are activated until you change shape again.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-01-19, 10:04 AM
Shadow Dancer is spending 15 motes 12 is personal and 3 of it is peripheral.
Personal: 0/17 (7 Committed)
Peripheral: 37/42 (2 Committed)

Shadow Dancer is assuming war form with several gifts:
Halting the Scarlet FLow (2m), Armor Forming Technique (3m granting 9L/9B/3A soak), and Limb Shielding Growth (2m)

He also is activating Stalking Cat Meditation (4m) and going into stealth mode.
[roll0]
with the intent on ambushing those he finds
[roll1]

EDIT: Ok I don't think I know how dice rolling works... I edited my comment because I had an incorrect number of motes committed (I accidentally included transforming into warform as committed) and now I don't know whether or not people can see the rolls I made. At least I know I can't see my rolls.

The spoiler below details the relevant charm and its upgrade for quick reference.
Stalking Cat Movement Meditation
Cost: 4m; Mins: Martial Arts 4, Essence 2; Type: Reflexive
Keywords: Combo-OK
Duration: One scene
Prerequisite Charms: Tiger Form

Gliding swiftly and silently, the tiger stalks its prey from what seems like every angle. While this Charm is active, the martial artist can more easily stay hidden, ignoring any environmental external penalties or difficulty increases on his Stealth rolls to stay undetected. He also ignores any circumstantial penalties to his dice pools or difficulty increases the Storyteller assesses to remain hidden while dashing or jumping.

Leap from Cloaking Shadows Attack
Cost: ó; Mins: Martial Arts 5, Essence 3; Type: Permanent
Keywords: None
Duration: Permanent
Prerequisite Charms: Stalking Cat Movement Meditation

With a powerful leap from hiding the tiger breaks out one of the herd and swiftly kills it, leaving the rest to scatter in terror. He does so with consummate ease. This Charm permanently enhances the martial artistís use of Stalking Cat Movement Meditation. While that Charm is active, when the Tiger stylist makes an unexpected attack from hiding, he may apply Striking Fury Claws Attack and (if he knows it) Spine-Shattering Bite to the unexpected attack at no mote cost. They still count as Charm activations and must be activated separately or in a Combo as normal.

Recaiden
2013-01-19, 12:26 PM
Whee, defences! Just don't get too distracted killing people. Thanks for the references. I was a bit confused about how you could reasonably be stealthy in such a place, but the supernatural avoiding of penalties explains it. Do refrain from copying the full text of official charms into your posts. :smalltongue:

Rolling dice works by using [ rollv ] nd10 [ /rollv ] With no spaces. (You can't even wrap it in no-parse tags. :smallfrown:)

You can't edit the rolls in your post. If you go to edit a post with rolls in it, they will be replaced with [ roll0 ], [ roll1 ], etc. If you try to replace those with the rollv syntax when editing, it will think you're cheating and cause an error. But if you just leave them untouched, it will re-expand your rolls when you finish editing. If you need to make new rolls, you have to do it in a new post.

Dice rolling demonstration/test

[roll0]
[roll1]

EDIT: I have now edited the post, preserving the rolls by leaving the roll0 and roll1 tags alone.

3d10

EDIT 2: When I tried to put more rolls in my editing, it failed, as you can see by the fact that it just has the roll text without an actual die roll.

Rhyvurg
2013-01-19, 12:52 PM
I mean for the purposes of scene-length charms.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-01-19, 07:41 PM
Well I never edited the rolls themselves so its kind of confusing why it was not re-expanding.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Granted, I should probably have just paraphrased the charms if anything.

Recaiden
2013-01-19, 08:58 PM
I mean for the purposes of scene-length charms.

Yes, you are.

Granted, I should probably have just paraphrased the charms if anything.

Well, they are homebrew charms. Should be fine.

Tavar
2013-01-24, 06:40 PM
Are we waiting on anything in particular?

Rhyvurg
2013-01-24, 06:48 PM
Pyrus is activating his Form charm, adding 8 to his movement speed.

Leliel
2013-01-26, 08:13 PM
'Ere we go!

...Does anyone want a ride on the agata?

Scarlet Dragon
2013-01-26, 08:25 PM
Curious has the group heading toward us noticed Shadow Dancer, or can he jump in with a surprise attack?

Recaiden
2013-01-26, 10:08 PM
Curious has the group heading toward us noticed Shadow Dancer, or can he jump in with a surprise attack?

They give no indication of having seen him yet.

Drascin
2013-02-03, 07:02 PM
A question - can I just jumpkick without stopping and bounce off him to continue, making use of the moments of confusion? I just have this amusing image of the poor soldier ghost trying to stop us and getting trampled cartoon style by half a dozen Exalts in a hurry :smalltongue:

Rhyvurg
2013-02-03, 07:31 PM
Sounds like a 2-dice stunt to me.

Recaiden
2013-02-03, 07:56 PM
A question - can I just jumpkick without stopping and bounce off him to continue, making use of the moments of confusion? I just have this amusing image of the poor soldier ghost trying to stop us and getting trampled cartoon style by half a dozen Exalts in a hurry :smalltongue:

Sounds like a 2-dice stunt to me.

Give me a Dexterity + Athletics check with, yes, a 2 die stunt, and you can.

But with Pyrus's jump over them, the ghosts Join Battle to attempt to stop you (That gives you a stunt die on your own JB roll, Rhyvurg).
Soldier [roll0]
Worker [roll1]
Fleeing [roll2]

Shadow Dancer has already made a stealth check that beat their awareness check, so his first action will take them by Surprise.

And if you just overrun them and get away, we might go back out of combat time pretty quickly? :smallconfused:

EDIT: I have a feeling these guys might be done for after an action or so from each of you.

Rhyvurg
2013-02-03, 08:37 PM
Well let's see what we see.

[roll0]

Rhyvurg
2013-02-03, 08:44 PM
Well the worker's quick on the draw, but that should get me past the soldiers before they can act. Pyrus can, with his Form charm active, leap 22 yards with 11 yards of vertical clearance. More than enough to clear flatfooted ghosts.

Tavar
2013-02-03, 08:47 PM
Join Battle [roll0]

Scarlet Dragon
2013-02-03, 09:55 PM
join battle [roll0]

Also activating Spine-Shattering Bite and Striking Fury Claws Attack at 0 mote cost due to my stealth charm Leap from Cloaking Shadows Attack. Doing 8 points of post-soak damage (I don't believe I have to roll this) and all Tens on my damage roll count as two successes plus if the guy is still alive after all that he needs to roll to not be stunned with a difficulty of at least 3.

Attack roll [rollv]16d10[rollv]

Raw damage is current Strength of 6 + 2 (claws) + successes

Edit: I figured out why it wasn't wanting to show my rolls before and subsequently now... I tried posting both messages within the 60 second time frame and since I already tried posting it unsuccessfully, it never actually calculated the rolls.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-02-03, 10:01 PM
Sorry for the double posting but this is only way I am gonna those rolls out tonight

Join battle [roll0]
Attack roll [roll1]

Leliel
2013-02-03, 10:28 PM
Join Battle (Raziel):

[roll0]

Forget how much the agata rolls to Join Battle, can't find the book right now.

Recaiden
2013-02-03, 10:41 PM
Agata rolls [roll0]

Tick 0: Wing
Tick 1:
Tick 2:
Tick 3: Workers, Pyrus, Drake
Tick 4: Dancer, Soldier, Fleeing Worker, Leliel
Tick 5: Agata
Tick 6: Wing, Workers
Tick 7: Pyrus, Fleeing Worker
Tick 8:
Tick 9: Drake
Tick 10:

You do have to roll the post soak damage, by the way. It's 14 - soak +8 since he's taken by surprise.

So 16 dice: [roll1]

Either Drake or the Agata are up, depending on his roll.

Recaiden
2013-02-03, 10:44 PM
Forgot the stun roll:
[roll0]

Further, you are awarded a 1 die stunt, Scarlet.

Rhyvurg
2013-02-04, 12:02 AM
Time for stabbin'!

[roll0]

Drascin
2013-02-04, 01:55 AM
Well, it's too late for the jumpkick anyway. It's the problem with sleeping, you miss the chances to do stuff :smalltongue:. Let's try that Join Battle roll.

[roll0]

Recaiden
2013-02-04, 10:19 AM
Pyrus gets a 1 die stunt and does excessive damage to the poor ghost:
Stunt: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Possible stunt damage: [roll2]

Drake gets a 2 die and 1 die stunt, hitting both workers with 5+stunt and 1+stunt threshhold successes since they compromised their DV by dashing.
Stunts: [roll3] [roll4]
Damage: [roll5] [roll6]
Possible stunt damage: [roll7] [roll8]

Wing and the Agata act next, then Pyrus.

Tick Count:
Tick 1:
Tick 2:
Tick 8:
Tick 10:

Tavar
2013-02-04, 10:37 AM
Did I get stunt dice for my first action.

Recaiden
2013-02-04, 10:42 AM
Did I get stunt dice for my first action.

Yes, 2 dice, which I now realize that I forgot to put because you already surprised the ghost. :smallredface:
[roll0]

Rhyvurg
2013-02-04, 05:48 PM
It's not like we're killing them, at worse we're giving them a short vacation from work until they're rounded up again.

Tavar
2013-02-04, 11:23 PM
Ok, I'm doing 7 dice of damage pre soak(4 successes with the stunt + 3 for str). What's their soak, keeping in mind clinches have a P tag?

Recaiden
2013-02-05, 10:45 AM
With the piercing, they end up with 2 soak, so 5 dice of damage.

Tavar
2013-02-05, 07:20 PM
Clinch damage:[roll0]

Leliel
2013-02-05, 10:00 PM
Um, do I use the agata's DV, mine, or both?

Forget the rules for mounted combat.

Recaiden
2013-02-05, 10:23 PM
Um, do I use the agata's DV, mine, or both?

Forget the rules for mounted combat.

You use yours, but with the lower of Ride and the defensive ability to calculate. You as the rider also get a +1DV against non-mounted opponents.

So you dodge the hit, because your Defenses are already all 0, and this doesn't hold you back at all. :smalltongue:

Recaiden
2013-02-07, 07:51 PM
[roll0]
[roll1]

Had to make some rolls for the ghosts. The Agata is up, then Pyrus.

Tick order
Tick 1:
Tick 2:
Tick 8:
Tick 10:
Tick 11: Worker
Tick 12:
Tick 13:
Tick 30: Event A
Tick 42: Event B
Tick 184: Event C

Leliel
2013-02-07, 09:13 PM
You use yours, but with the lower of Ride and the defensive ability to calculate. You as the rider also get a +1DV against non-mounted opponents.

So you dodge the hit, because your Defenses are already all 0, and this doesn't hold you back at all. :smalltongue:

Erm?

Was this sarcastic and I need to roll damage, or was that "it doesn't even have a chance to connect"?

...Boy am I going to be glad when Ex3 comes out, and I don't need to read an entire chapter to figure out a DV. Converting Infernal Charms and our characters into the system is going to be sleeping compared to this.

Recaiden
2013-02-07, 09:57 PM
Erm?

Was this sarcastic and I need to roll damage, or was that "it doesn't even have a chance to connect"?

...Boy am I going to be glad when Ex3 comes out, and I don't need to read an entire chapter to figure out a DV. Converting Infernal Charms and our characters into the system is going to be sleeping compared to this.

Oh, sorry, this was serious. Your Defensive abilities are 0, so having to use your Ride of 0 doesn't make your DV any worse, but your attributes and the mounted combat bonus give you enough DV that it doesn't connect. :smallredface: My mistake for not being clearer.

Recaiden
2013-02-08, 07:07 PM
A ghost needs to make a roll: [roll0]

Scarlet Dragon
2013-02-08, 08:48 PM
I believe Dancer is close to the sandstorm but he has a dv of 8 and even if it did beat his dv he currently has 15B soak :smallsmile:

Leliel
2013-02-10, 06:37 PM
Since I'm flying, I don't know if I'm vulnerable or not.

Recaiden
2013-02-10, 08:41 PM
You are out of reach of the sandstorm.

Pyrus Delays until such time as Rhyvurg posts for him.

Drake and Leliel are up.

The ghost in the air struggles to escape from the ichor: [roll0]+1 For his opposed roll against them next turn. If they somehow win control, it's going to Break Hold and run.

Rhyvurg
2013-02-10, 09:28 PM
Sorry, got distracted by a game I'm trying to start.

Rhyvurg
2013-02-10, 09:45 PM
Wow, I am having good dice luck lately.

Recaiden
2013-02-10, 10:38 PM
Sorry, got distracted by a game I'm trying to start.

Understandable. I just didn't want to hold things up.

Ghost-melting damage [roll0]

Recaiden
2013-02-10, 10:40 PM
Guess who forgot about stunts again? 1 die: [roll0]
Maybe damage?[roll1]

The dice don't like doing much damage though. :smallsigh:

Tick order

Tick 1:
Tick 2:
Tick 8:
Tick 9: Drake, Leliel
Tick 10:
Tick 11: Flying Worker
Tick 12: Wing
Tick 13:
Tick 30: Event A
Tick 42: Event B
Tick 184: Event C

Drascin
2013-02-12, 01:06 PM
Okay, I think I got a bit lost. Is there any ghost left or can we resume running?

Recaiden
2013-02-12, 02:04 PM
I was referring to the one that was burned. Although a crush action could have taken out the other one as well, and since we already have a post saying that that happened, I'm going to go with it.

There is 1 unconscious ghost next to Drake, and one defeated but conscious ghost held by Raziel's magic (this is the one that summoned the sandstorm and that Pyrus almost killed).

The one that evaded Drake and was flying away was killed by the Ichor Flux Tendrils.

Leliel
2013-02-17, 08:54 AM
All right.

...Is it okay if the coral cage can detatch and remain after Ichor Flux Tendrils dissolve?

Also, updating costs on sheet.

Recaiden
2013-02-17, 02:12 PM
All right.

...Is it okay if the coral cage can detatch and remain after Ichor Flux Tendrils dissolve?

Also, updating costs on sheet.

Yeah, okay. Spend a couple of motes for it, like 3 Just don't try to abuse this in the future.

Leliel
2013-02-18, 03:53 PM
Yeah, okay. Spend a couple of motes for it, like 3 Just don't try to abuse this in the future.

Kay. I'll houserule that it's rather frail and can't create weapons. Dead coral and all that.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-02-20, 12:53 PM
Well I can grow wings and with a current strength of 6 and large size I could probably carry 1 or 2 people. That might solve the problem of getting to and on the ship.

Edit: Just took a look at the chart to determine how much I could lift and unless both Pyrus and Drake weigh more than 550 pounds combined I could throw them at least 11 yards...
I don't think it will be too far of a stretch to carry them.
A Strength of 6 and a Athletics of 5... yeah...

Recaiden
2013-02-21, 08:59 PM
Also, remember Pyrus's jump in this Form? He can practically fly already.

Agata flies, Shadow flies with Drake, Wing flies (no, really?), Pyrus jumps over enemies or hops on Agata.

But then, people can be shooting at you, ghosts can fly with some essence expenditure, and there are a variety of necrotech machines that can fly about.

So, I feel like the way to do this is to make it like chasing him: Dexterity + Athletics with Limited Teamwork to get the group past the undead without being dragged into the fighting. (Unless you're planning to abandon Drake or Pyrus).

That gives you 13 dice (Drake is useless at that, so it's good that he's being carried anyway) plus any stunts you all can work into the next few posts.

[roll0]

Recaiden
2013-02-24, 08:53 PM
Drake - 2 dice
Wing - 2 dice
Dancer - 1 die

[roll0]

Result: Success!

Drascin
2013-03-02, 05:21 AM
Ah, the problem of text appears up again. When you're really in a situation, who is being talked to is easy to know from the nonverbal cues, but here in text I'm not actually not sure if that coward remark was at me or at Raz. At first I read it as being pointed at me, and replied as such, but on reread it could be at him as well, which would make my reply nonsensical. Who was Masque talking at there, Recaiden? To edit or not.

And yeah, hurry makes Drake very cranky, I'm afraid :smalltongue:.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-02, 06:51 AM
It looks more like its for Raziel as his char is the only one still hesitating going in and giving an excuse for himself to not go in. Also last sentence said

In a few moments the rest of them (and hopefully Raziel too) will be making their way in behind him.

Recaiden
2013-03-02, 10:29 AM
It was directed at Raziel. Masque would hardly tell you to stay with her when you'd just suggested to stay with her, unless she'd had some previously mentioned plan to fight all the Legionnaires instead of stealing the ship.

I really need to remember to make such things more clear. :smallsigh:

Pyrus, do you want to give me a Dexterity+Athletics roll for how successfulyour chasing is, or would you rather catch up at the most dramatic and dangerous moment?

Recaiden
2013-03-06, 04:26 PM
So I rolled the wrong pools. Let me try this again :smallsigh:

[roll0] +1 - Success
[roll1] +1- Failure
[roll2] +1- Success

Tavar
2013-03-06, 08:33 PM
Well, that's not ominous at all...

Leliel
2013-03-06, 10:17 PM
Um, rain check?

I don't see any good segues for me, and I kinda have to practice for this play.

Recaiden
2013-03-08, 12:01 PM
The roll is Wits + Sail + 1/2 Lore, rounded up.

Rehearse well, Leliel.

Recaiden
2013-03-12, 11:39 AM
Ominous rolls continue:
[roll0] + [roll1] +1 (This guy's really burning through his resources)
[roll2] + [roll3] +1

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-12, 01:31 PM
Join battle
[roll0]

Recaiden
2013-03-12, 01:47 PM
With that roll you are eligible to act immediately, on Tick 0

If anyone is confused by his actions

Dancer has been possessed.

Drascin
2013-03-12, 03:04 PM
Welp. There goes the neighbourhood. Seems like Drake's going to have to blow his cover.

Join battle: [roll0]

Rhyvurg
2013-03-12, 03:44 PM
HOLY CRAP. When I get successes on every die, why did it have to be on a damn initiative roll!?

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-12, 03:45 PM
Well on the bright side Shadow Dancer isn't conscious of anything that is happening right now.

Recaiden
2013-03-12, 03:51 PM
[roll0]

Well, you have to get lucky sometime. 7 out of 6 is pretty impressive though.

Pyrus, give a Strength + Athletics check to force the door closed, opposed by walking dead doing the same. You'll get bonus successes based on how much you beat their Join Battle [roll1], so +4 to your roll.

Rhyvurg
2013-03-12, 04:18 PM
Woot for form charms boosting feats of strength.

[roll0]

Rhyvurg
2013-03-12, 04:19 PM
Does 9 successes work? Also, is there a way to bar the door with his spear? I doubt anything out there can break jade.

Recaiden
2013-03-12, 04:23 PM
You almost certainly get the door shut. Even with how many there are, they need to get almost one success per die.

[roll0]

Success by Pyrus!

Yeah, you can sort of bar the door by jamming the spear between the frame and the handle. Since it's not actually meant to be barred, they won't have to break the (nearly indestructible) spear to open the door, but it will be a significant impedance to entry.

Drascin
2013-03-12, 05:11 PM
With two successes I'm guessing I go last, right?

Also, a question. Given the types of controls around, does it seem, at least at first sight, that there's a chance one could send commands (basically, the idea is close enough power gates to cause an essence shortcircuit) to the reactor from here or would one need to reach the reactor room? Because at the moment setting everything to blow up to high heaven right where it stands and running away like little girls is looking mighty tempting if we can manage it :smalltongue:.

Recaiden
2013-03-12, 07:20 PM
With two successes I'm guessing I go last, right?

Also, a question. Given the types of controls around, does it seem, at least at first sight, that there's a chance one could send commands (basically, the idea is close enough power gates to cause an essence shortcircuit) to the reactor from here or would one need to reach the reactor room? Because at the moment setting everything to blow up to high heaven right where it stands and running away like little girls is looking mighty tempting if we can manage it :smalltongue:.

No. There are basic controls by the power-link orb, but clearly not enough to be the full range of options or include anything that dramatic.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-12, 07:41 PM
Rolling for damage against Masque
[roll0]
[roll1]

Tavar
2013-03-12, 11:17 PM
[roll0]

Would my Seven Section Staff of ghost hax be effective against a possessor?

Rhyvurg
2013-03-12, 11:48 PM
Would my Pasiap's Humility and Moment of Daana'd charms let me attack the possessor?

Drascin
2013-03-13, 01:31 AM
No. There are basic controls by the power-link orb, but clearly not enough to be the full range of options or include anything that dramatic.

Expected as much, but had to check. Well, we'll see if we can reach the reactor room then.

Would my Pasiap's Humility and Moment of Daana'd charms let me attack the possessor?

For what it's worth, if that works (which I don't know if it does) you don't need to spend the motes in Moment of Daana'd because while I'm around in my Shadow Throne Form we all get the ability to punch immaterial. In case of immaterial ghosts is the whole reason I'm keeping those motes committed.

I can also fire up a Charm that lets us all see immaterial dudes in a radius, if that'd work, instead of all of us having to spend the motes for seeing immaterial separately. We don't respire essence here, so being cheap with our motes seems a good idea.

Recaiden
2013-03-13, 09:49 AM
Would my Seven Section Staff of ghost hax be effective against a possessor?

Yes. You do bashing damage to the host and aggravated damage to the possessor.

Not directly. You'd have to force it out of the body somehow.

Recaiden
2013-03-15, 04:59 PM
It took me way too many readings to figure out what Raziel meant.

Remember, Leliel and Scarlet, That ghosts can't activate their hosts's charms, except reflexive defenses.

Can you all make Perception+Awareness rolls? The other one is invisible, but he can still be detected. He is, admittedly, pretty sneaky: EDIT: Damn it forum dice roller! :smallmad:

Tick 0: Pyrus, Wing, Dancer
Tick 1:
Tick 2:
Tick 3: Undead
Tick 4: Drake, Masque
Tick 5: Pyrus, Dancer
Tick 6: Intruder
Tick 7:
Tick 8:

Recaiden
2013-03-15, 05:02 PM
Dice rolls for when I forget to include them/preview a post and forget to reset them, need more rolls and people haven't posted, etc:

Stealth roll using first 11 dice.
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]
[roll12]
[roll13]
[roll14]
[roll15]
[roll16]
[roll17]
[roll18]
[roll19]
[roll20]
[roll21]
[roll22]
[roll23]
[roll24]
[roll25]
[roll26]
[roll27]
[roll28]
[roll29]
[roll30]

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-15, 10:23 PM
Do healing charms count as defensive? I'm assuming yes because they can be activated while unconcious...

Recaiden
2013-03-15, 10:39 PM
Do healing charms count as defensive? I'm assuming yes because they can be activated while unconcious...

That charm, yes.

Drascin
2013-03-16, 09:07 AM
Haha. Remember how I said I was sure I'd pay for all those awesome rolls soon as combat started?

I wonder what the result of a botched Awareness roll could be. In Creation I'd say I get a fly in my eyes but this is the Underworld, I don't think there are flies here :smallbiggrin:.

Leliel
2013-03-17, 12:03 AM
Haha. Remember how I said I was sure I'd pay for all those awesome rolls soon as combat started?

I wonder what the result of a botched Awareness roll could be. In Creation I'd say I get a fly in my eyes but this is the Underworld, I don't think there are flies here :smallbiggrin:.

Oh don't worry. You'll find out very quickly....

Notice how the the words "ghost", "in" and "head" were slightly lighter shades of green? And the black last characters?

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-17, 08:02 AM
Oh don't worry. You'll find out very quickly....

Notice how the the words "ghost", "in" and "head" were slightly lighter shades of green? And the black last characters?

Haha I just caught that clever btw you forgot to include "help" in the lighter green department.

Drascin
2013-03-17, 02:08 PM
Hm. Unsure of whether to try setting up my defenses or not. Without them I'm kind of a super-easy target, but my only real defense is Defense of Shining Joy, which would require me to flare iconic and turn myself into a very obvious target for hidden invisible dude.

Recaiden
2013-03-17, 06:30 PM
Tavar: Okay. That's a speed 5 action now, isn't it? So you'll be on Tick 8. Your attack is dodged. I'll post IC after more people have gone.

Drake is up, then Pyrus and Dancer go again.

Tick 1:
Tick 2:
Tick 3: Undead, Wing
Tick 4: Drake, Masque
Tick 7:
Tick 8: Undead, Wing
Tick 9:
Tick 10: Masque

Leliel
2013-03-18, 02:39 PM
Hey, is Intruder me/the nemissary or someone else? In other words, do I roll Join Battle or did my current occupant do that already?

Recaiden
2013-03-18, 02:40 PM
You still need to roll. That refers to the invisible one.

Leliel
2013-03-18, 09:56 PM
Ok.

Join Battle: [roll0]

Recaiden
2013-03-18, 09:58 PM
Ok.

Join Battle: [roll0]

That puts you on tick 4. You are next to act.

Drascin
2013-03-19, 01:45 AM
Welp. They actually have at least the same DV as me (since that was 5 successes, so they have at least DV5), and there's a truckload of them, and half our team is incapacitated, and we aren't sure whether that guy can surprise-stab us whenever he wants because he's invisible.

We may be in a bit of a bind here, guys :smalltongue:.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-19, 07:05 AM
Yeah if you can manage to take care of the ghost riding Dancer, things should change fairly quickly.

Recaiden does the ghost riding me use my Soak or does it have its own? Particularly when Wing hits me with his staff. Oh and no one needs to hold their punches when it comes to Dancer... he has a massive soak currently and with a passive heal its going to be a while before he starts feeling it.

Recaiden
2013-03-19, 10:25 AM
Welp. They actually have at least the same DV as me (since that was 5 successes, so they have at least DV5), and there's a truckload of them, and half our team is incapacitated, and we aren't sure whether that guy can surprise-stab us whenever he wants because he's invisible.

We may be in a bit of a bind here, guys :smalltongue:.

Nemissaries get to take the better of their stats or the host body's (with a few some exceptions), so given that zombies are really strong and tough, and they're really quick and have had years to train, their pretty tough opponents.

If you didn't notice, Masque can still see the guy, and will probably warn you if he tries to stab you in the back. As long as she's not too busy defending against the zombies. :smallamused:

Note: She can only see him, not any other invisible things that might be present. It's a flaw in his invisibility charm.

Recaiden does the ghost riding me use my Soak or does it have its own? Particularly when Wing hits me with his staff. Oh and no one needs to hold their punches when it comes to Dancer... he has a massive soak currently and with a passive heal its going to be a while before he starts feeling it.

Possessing spirits use the soak of their host, unless the attack somehow bypasses the body and directly affects their essence-matrix. The salt-weapons just convert bashing damage on you to aggravated damage on the ghost, which may well have fewer health levels anyway.

Drascin
2013-03-19, 05:21 PM
Nemissaries get to take the better of their stats or the host body's (with a few some exceptions), so given that zombies are really strong and tough, and they're really quick and have had years to train, their pretty tough opponents.

Where's a Cleric with Turn Undead when you need one, seriously :smalltongue:.

If you didn't notice, Masque can still see the guy, and will probably warn you if he tries to stab you in the back. As long as she's not too busy defending against the zombies. :smallamused:

Well, I can do that a bit as well (Expected Pain and all), but it costs me motes I really don't have, so if she can see him for free it would definitely be appreciated.

Note: She can only see him, not any other invisible things that might be present. It's a flaw in his invisibility charm.

On that note, what's the ruling for invisibility versus Essence Sight? It's a very ambiguous thing in the books, and I have a charm that gives essence... okay, so it's more essence hearing than sight, but you know what I mean. I imagine whatever this guy's using is probably resistant to getting detected either way, but it'd be good to keep in mind for future reference.

Recaiden
2013-03-19, 07:28 PM
Where's a Cleric with Turn Undead when you need one, seriously :smalltongue:

Clerics are spending all their xp on other things.

On that note, what's the ruling for invisibility versus Essence Sight? It's a very ambiguous thing in the books, and I have a charm that gives essence... okay, so it's more essence hearing than sight, but you know what I mean. I imagine whatever this guy's using is probably resistant to getting detected either way, but it'd be good to keep in mind for future reference.

Essence sight gives +InvisibleGuysEssence dice to your awareness role. In this case, 4. Invisibility (at least this method) applies a -2 External penalty.

Recaiden
2013-03-20, 06:48 PM
Although there's some weird ghost-stuff going on, mechanically Raziel is probably Guarding, with an abort to Charm Activation (meaning on some level, he's helping the ghost) or to an attack probably coming up.

Pyrus and Dancer are up next, then your other enemies, then Wing again.

Tick 1:
Tick 2:
Tick 4: Drake, Masque, Raziel
Tick 7: Raziel
Tick 8: Undead, Wing
Tick 9:

Leliel
2013-03-20, 09:39 PM
Although there's some weird ghost-stuff going on, mechanically Raziel is probably Guarding, with an abort to Charm Activation (meaning on some level, he's helping the ghost) or to an attack probably coming up.

I honestly don't know how nemissary possession works, so if that's against the rules, sorry.

I mean, I can probably find out, but given how Raziel depends on Charms, I think it would probably not be conducive to the idea of Little Miss Head Ghost, so I'm saying there's a mental battleground between the ghost and Raziel-the idea is that she's trying to force or trick him into activating the Charm, and he's fighting back tooth and nail.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-20, 09:46 PM
Well if its the same type of possession as Dancer's, then I think your consciousness is supposed to be asleep and the possessor can only activate defensive reflexive charms.

Recaiden
2013-03-20, 10:22 PM
Well if its the same type of possession as Dancer's, then I think your consciousness is supposed to be asleep and the possessor can only activate defensive reflexive charms.

There's a charm that works that way. But it doesn't necessarily.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-21, 03:13 PM
Damage roll
[roll0] retracting his claws so the attack isn't lethal but bashing

Recaiden
2013-03-21, 03:24 PM
Remember that Wing gets a chance to stunt a defense, if he does so quickly enough. :smalltongue: It'd come off the end of your dice.

Tavar
2013-03-21, 03:56 PM
Is that roll including the -5 internal penalty you get because I'm in Snake Form?

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-21, 04:04 PM
Is that roll including the -5 internal penalty you get because I'm in Snake Form?
I'm not familiar with Snake Form so no. Is it the Snake Form in the Core book, if so I thought it was your essence that I subtract?

If it is -5 like you said then my to-hit is only 5 successes if its -3 then 7 successes

Tavar
2013-03-21, 04:10 PM

I think that's the second time I've made that mistake this game. Yeah, it's essence dice. Is it without those dice?

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-21, 04:12 PM
no so your essence 3 so... only 7 successes. Come on and stunt block :)

Ironic this is one of the only occasions I don't want Dancer to do well.

Recaiden
2013-03-21, 04:30 PM
It's succeeding with one threshold success still, but the penalty does take away one successful damage.

Basic stunt will, in this case, take off another damage, and a good stunt will dodge the attack.

Tavar
2013-03-21, 04:36 PM
It's succeeding with one threshold success still, but the penalty does take away one successful damage.

Basic stunt will, in this case, take off another damage, and a good stunt will dodge the attack.

Um...my DV at this point is 7(8-1). So 7 successes should put me equal to him, thus a miss.

If I'm missing something, well, I can always use my defense charm.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-21, 04:56 PM
ah then your earlier post saying you DV was 8-2 should be fixed

Wing begins to weave hypnotically, placing himself between Dancer and Masque.

"Stand Down Dancer, or I will kill you."

A part of Wings mind marvels at how vehement he is about this.

Activate Snake Form.
Wielding an Exceptional Seven Section Staff(hit incorporeal, agg to ghosts)
Sp 5, acc -1 , Damage 8b, Defense +4, rate 2

Dodge DV 4 dice
Parry DV 6(8-2 for Charm)

Soak:
3L/3B
Health:
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Social Defenses:
Dodge MDV6
Parry MDV 3

Permanent: ●●●
Personal: 11/19 (0 Committed)
Peripheral: 31/40 (4 Committed)

Tavar
2013-03-21, 05:06 PM
I took an action between now and then. DV's reset every action.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-21, 05:10 PM
Ahh.. I forgot

Recaiden
2013-03-21, 07:17 PM
Um...my DV at this point is 7(8-1). So 7 successes should put me equal to him, thus a miss.

If I'm missing something, well, I can always use my defense charm.

No I was missing your other action. My bad. :smallredface:

Recaiden
2013-03-24, 04:23 PM
Pyrus GUARDS, and may act when he likes.

Therefore, RAZIEL KABLAH is eligible to act.

The undead after him will Guard, delaying their action.

Tick 1:
Tick 2:
Tick 8: Undead, Wing, Pyrus
Tick 11: Intruder, Undead, Dancer

Drascin, please make a Perception + Awareness check with your next action.
Do you have a standing policy on using Expected Pain to protect yourself from unexpected attacks, for the purposes of possibly speeding things up?

Drascin
2013-03-25, 09:03 AM
As long as I don't have Defense of Shining Joy up and I know there are highly dangerous enemies around, generally I am willing to use Expected Pain, yes.

Also, by the way, after what you said on the ruling of essence sight, I think I'm going to be activating mine before the perception roll, since it's reflexive and with a -2 external penalty to the roll I can use any help I can get.

I'll leave the roll done here, too:

[roll0]

Recaiden
2013-03-27, 09:16 AM
Not killing your allies is good.

If that's still a problem, there are two zombies and a treacherous ship-stealing invisible person who you can kill without any drama.

((Did you know there are 2 'a's in 'quandaries'? True fact.))

Drake and Pyrus are still up to act.

And we are now taking suggestions for humorous subtitles on the second OoC thread.

Drascin
2013-03-27, 10:38 AM
Not killing your allies is good.

If that's still a problem, there are two zombies and a treacherous ship-stealing invisible person who you can kill without any drama.

Unless that Awareness roll I just made when activating Essence Sight was enough to get a hint of the guy in question, the fact that he's there doesn't really help us a lot if we can't actually target him :smalltongue:

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-27, 12:21 PM
It would seem from his post that you can in fact "see" the
treacherous ship-stealing invisible person who you can kill without any drama

Drascin
2013-03-27, 01:07 PM
Indeed. That was posted after my comment, and soon as I saw it I started writing a post. Drake reveals himself but I hope I can at least put a dent on whoever that guy is.

Rhyvurg
2013-03-27, 06:47 PM
So, 7 successes, 24L raw damage, +4 more after soak, no hardness, and he's almost definitely going to have to roll to keep from getting knocked out.

[roll0] Pre-soak damage
[roll1] After soak extra damage
[roll2] Forgot the stunt die

Recaiden
2013-03-27, 11:10 PM
You forgot some stunt dice: [roll0]. Take 6m, 1wp, or 1 xp

Yeah, that's a Perfect or Die kind of attack unless you have crazy soak.

Rhyvurg
2013-03-28, 01:28 AM
Eh, I really need more MA excellencies.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-03-28, 10:28 AM
Hey guys don't expect me to post anything for a few days, I'll be in Scotland till Sunday.

Recaiden
2013-03-28, 05:04 PM
Some attacks against Wing, who should be at a base DV of 5 against them from the coordinated attack.

Taking two dice off the right end of each of them.

[roll0] 15-3 = 6 successes
[roll1] 7+4-3 = 6 successes
[roll2] 7+4-3 = 5 successes

Tick 1:
Tick 2:
Tick 8: Undead, Wing, Pyrus
Tick 11: Intruder, Undead, Dancer, Wing
Tick 12:
Tick 13:
Tick 14: Intruder, Drake
Tick 15: Pyrus, Masque
Tick 16: Undead, Dancer

Tavar
2013-04-02, 10:20 PM
Why am I acting on tick 13? I took a 3 tick action, not a 5 tick one.

Recaiden
2013-04-02, 10:47 PM
Why am I acting on tick 13? I took a 3 tick action, not a 5 tick one.

I keep getting the Speed wrong.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-04-03, 11:56 AM
Figured this would be immensely helpful when fighting Dancer
If I remember correctly I believe the attack Dancer launched at Wing reduced his DV by 1 making them 9 and 8 respectively
Current:

Current Defenses:
Soak:
23L/24B/8A
Defenses:
Parry DV 10 (No lethal without stunt)
Dodge DV 9
Gifts:
Halting the Scarlet FLow (2m), Armor Forming Technique (3m granting 9L/9B/3A soak), and Limb Shielding Growth (2m)

Health Levels:
-0 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-1 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ]
-X [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

Current Mutations:
Enhanced Senses Smell, Sight and Hearing +2 to awareness rolls for these senses
Large (+1 to Strength and Stamina extra +0 Health level)
Armored Hide (+4B/4L soak, +4 to Survival Rolls)
Another Wolf's Pace which upgrades into Gazelle's Pace (+4 to movement and jump, and speed of a horse in long distance)

Essence:
Permanent: ●●●
Personal: 3/17 (0 Committed)
Peripheral: 33/42 (2 Committed)

Leliel
2013-04-03, 12:05 PM
Am I knocked out or dead? Don't see Raziel up there coming up.

Or is because I am that slow?

Tavar
2013-04-03, 01:51 PM
Oh. That's your dv.

Well, not much point in this fight then, is there.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-04-03, 03:50 PM
If you can force me to use my Shield as a perfect my dv drops by 2
That and I plan on using flurries to drop it more if I can justify it

Drascin
2013-04-03, 03:51 PM
Yeah. Pyrus actually has a chance to hit him if he burns essence, but the one with the weapon that actually works here is Wing. Dancer alone would be almost a valid boss as is, and we have another boss possessed by dead Primordials and a hundred zombies outside and no exits.

Well, I could coordinate an attack with you guys, I get basically impossible-to-fail (difficulty 1 on a 13 dice pool is pretty assured, I hope) coordination thanks to Throne Shadow, but even that would only put his DV at what, 6 or 7? Which is still not exactly an assured hit.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-04-03, 03:55 PM
Well if his stunt on his attack on me goes through then he hits I don't intend on stunt blocking. That would kinda seem just plain rude and right now the ghost I think would be fairly confident in being able to take you out.

Edit: I mean I'm not exactly sure on how stunting works but it sounds like Wing putting a leg behind Dancers to immobilize him would lower his dv maybe

Drascin
2013-04-03, 04:01 PM
Even if the ghost can's stunt-parry, he still has access to your Dodge DV of 9, though, which is still a lot :smalltongue: (9 is exactly what I hit with all my defenses up)

Scarlet Dragon
2013-04-03, 04:05 PM
Ah but that's only as long as he keeps my shield which can be used to perfect parry once then it breaks and my DV would be reduced by 2