PDA

View Full Version : A Dream of Quiet (OoC)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

Drascin
2013-04-03, 04:59 PM
Hm.

Okay, maybe I can bluff the guy into spending it by making him think my attack is horribly lethal to Creatures of Death, playing off the fact it sent a Deathknight (which are basically gods to ghosts) into panic. It's my turn now anyway.

Then I'll flurry it with a Coordinate attack, sending my DV to ruin but since I'm in shadow throne stance my Shadow Fingers can choose to block for me at any moment as if they had used Defend Other without using up actions, and I'm going to hope I've been useful enough for them to choose to do so :smalltongue:.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-04-03, 05:51 PM
And nicely played that attack actually would have hit otherwise and now he no longer has that +2 to DV

I'll have a DV of 5 Parry and 4 Dodge barring any penalties I take on my next turn against that coordinated attack :smallsmile:

Tavar
2013-04-03, 07:26 PM
I'm still pretty useless here. I mean, my attack was pretty much my peak output. In most circumstances I'd be down 7 dice. So, well, pointless. Especially since the ghost can use reflexive defensive charms.

Drascin
2013-04-04, 01:14 AM
I'm still pretty useless here. I mean, my attack was pretty much my peak output. In most circumstances I'd be down 7 dice. So, well, pointless. Especially since the ghost can use reflexive defensive charms.

Yeah, I can understand that. It really sucks ending up in a scene where you feel you can't really do anything.

Though, talking about that last attack now, looking back at how many dice you rolled for that last attack... don't you have a base dice pool to attack of 12 plus whatever accuracy the staff has? (I don't have my scroll of errata handy) So plus 7 you were missing at least 2 dice from that roll? I mean, it's not huge, but now that Dancer's DV is about 4 for next attack every bit counts.

5 Dex + 4 MA + 1 from Shadow Finger + 2 specialty + whatever accuracy the staff gives.

Recaiden
2013-04-04, 09:55 AM

Yeah, I'm sorry about that. Was not what I intended.

Yeah, I can understand that. It really sucks ending up in a scene where you feel you can't really do anything.

5 Dex + 4 MA + 1 from Shadow Finger + 2 specialty + whatever accuracy the staff gives.

The staff gives an accuracy penalty :/ But it looks to me like you should have 2 more dice as well.

Also, you do earn a stunt of one die on your defense.

Tavar
2013-04-04, 10:16 AM

Though, talking about that last attack now, looking back at how many dice you rolled for that last attack... don't you have a base dice pool to attack of 12 plus whatever accuracy the staff has? (I don't have my scroll of errata handy) So plus 7 you were missing at least 2 dice from that roll? I mean, it's not huge, but now that Dancer's DV is about 4 for next attack every bit counts.

Staff has -1 accuracy(well, -2, but weapon quality bonuses help ease that). I forgot the shadow finger bonus, but isn't that only +1? Where's the other point coming from?

My math was 5 dex+ 4 ma + 2 specialty + 3 aim + 4 excellency -1= 17. Shadowfinger boosts it to 18, but I'm not seeing that extra die.

Though, here's the roll: [roll0]

Drascin
2013-04-04, 10:31 AM
Staff has -1 accuracy(well, -2, but weapon quality bonuses help ease that). I forgot the shadow finger bonus, but isn't that only +1? Where's the other point coming from?

My math was 5 dex+ 4 ma + 2 specialty + 3 aim + 4 excellency -1= 17. Shadowfinger boosts it to 18, but I'm not seeing that extra die.

Though, here's the roll: [roll0]

Basically, as I said, it was 12 plus whatever accuracy it was - but when I said "at least 2" I assumed it'd be at least a +0. If the bonus is -1 then one of those two dice disappears and it's only 1 more. Sorry, I didn't know the stats on the staff, my bad.

Scarlet Dragon
2013-04-04, 02:53 PM
Well it looks like Wing hit unless that last roll doesn't count

Edit: Nvm I thought getting 9 successes breaks 9 DV sort of like how AC works in DnD

Recaiden
2013-04-04, 05:51 PM
EDIT: Oh, the new color for the Neverborn is really invisible on this monitor, and probably others. Let me put that back.

EDIT 2: I can't perform math.

EDIT 3: Continuing our earlier tradition of generosity, that was a two die stunt, giving you this extra die. [roll0]

Recaiden
2013-04-04, 06:00 PM
I believe the damage is as follows:

[roll0] To Dancer
[roll1] To the ghost.

Recaiden
2013-04-06, 04:17 PM
Second OoC thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15040882#post15040882)

Everyone please post your character sheets again there, and allow everyone to post their characters before we move on. Until then, we still have this thread.

Pyrus is up, followed by Dancer (who will likely be freed from the possessing ghost shortly thereafter, as a single further hit with the salt weapon would do it, and Drake has that set up to happen).

Tick 0: Pyrus, Wing, Dancer
Tick 1:
Tick 2:
Tick 3: Undead, Wing
Tick 4: Drake, Masque, Raziel
Tick 5: Pyrus, Dancer
Tick 6: Intruder
Tick 7: Raziel
Tick 8: Undead, Wing, Pyrus
Tick 9: Drake
Tick 10: Masque
Tick 11: Intruder, Undead, Dancer, Wing